The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

The hostel was in a good location for a good bar scene, as it's situated between two bars already. The rooms were a bit small, even for having 14 people in them. The bathrooms weren't very clean, all they did was really mop the floors. They did offer a lot of activities and outings for people in the hostel, which was nice. Atmosphere was friendly and young. Wifi didn't work very well at all.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Toilet smelt like it had never been cleaned & I never saw any staff cleaning our toilet. The wifi in our room never ever worked. We had to sit outside our room on the stairs to get wifi. There is no breakout room for people to chill. On top of that there's no chairs in the room to gain a social vibe, everyone had to sit on their beds. Speaking of beds, mine got saturated due to a leak in the roof. When I told a staff member nothing occurred and some other person ended up in that wet bed.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hostel wasn't too far from the tube, friendly staff and comfortable beds. Free breakfast was simple, but good. There is a lovely café next door that you get 20% off in so if you want something more substantial pop in there. Luggage storage was helpful. The dorm room we were in had only a skylight and little/no ventilation so it got a bit stuffy. But overall I really liked the hostel, it was a busy weekend so we didn't get to hang out there much but it seemed like a good place to meet others.

Very disappointing the hostel. We checked in and moved out 2 hours later. The 6 pers dorm was absolutely dirty. The shared bathroom even worse. Hostels in Cambodia are cleaner than the dictionary. There is by far better Hostels in london for less money.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Omg the rooms in london!! what is the deal ? how do they get away with charging so much for such tiny rooms ? craziness. i stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was tiny, but i dont really care that much cause its in SUCH a good local that i wasnt in there that much, but it was frustrating because the cages that you keep your bags in are under the bed and pulling them out required a huge amount of work moving eveything else around. and it was sickenly hot. apart from that its fine. location is amazing.

Great spot to access night life... not so great, in my dormitory, for a chill night as there was a night club right below playing loud music till the wee hours...but hey it was still worth staying!

• 10th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Really great staff. Loud at night and rooms get very hot.

it was a blast!Polite and corteous staff!Folks this is where it is happening.The DICTIONARY is good.It is bellisimo.....

• 10th Jul 2015

Fantastic hostel. Great location, great atmosphere and really good value for money

Could really have done with more sockets in the room. Maybe some USB ports for charging.

The staff is helpful, and happy to oblige. The atmosphere of the hostel very jovial and light.

• 6th Jul 2015

Big rooms. Large cage locker under bed. Card entry. Free wifi only in reception but pretty fast. No cell phone service in hostel (I was using "3" network), can get 2 bars on street out front. Good breakfast with toast and cereal. Towel rent 2 pound. Trendy area. Supermarket close. Tube 10mins. If I want specifically Shoreditch area again, then I will stay here again, but otherwise I'm staying elsewhere.

Really enjoyed this place. Made friends who I am sure I will bump into later on in my travels. Dan was an excellent party host and made sure everyone had a good time. would stay here again!

Excellent location and good bar but the showers were TERRIBLE. Both showers I had ran out of water within a minute. Also, take the free earplugs, you'll need them.

very very cool but do NOT stay here in summer the rooms have no windows and are absolutely sweltering

Its a good place to stay in terms of location. However, the air condition was not working in our room.

Hostel world had a problem with my reservation but the employee helped me find a place ( another hostel to stay) because most places were booked. So that was very nice, I liked the hostel tho.

Good location to restaurants and bars and Liverpool street station is only a 10-15 minute walk. Didn't like that you had to pay a pound each day for Internet in your room. Also, our room had absolutely no air circulation so during the day in a London heatwave was absolutely miserable. The room trapped the hot air in so even when it was cool at night, the room was still so hot and sticky. The staff was nice and helpful and the bar was good and pretty good prices.

Overall experience was okay. Poor ventilation in the room on the top floor. The shower and tap just turned off multiple times due to no water pressure. Floor could do with a vacuum. Power outlets for each bed would be an improvement, but was okay. Highly highly recommend Translate Bar next door, excellent coffee, drinks and food :)

The hostel is a great hostel in Shoredtich High Street for a party. I live in East London and know the area well, and I know it is loud, noisy, and filled with nightlife, however, I think the hostel needs to let people know just how loud it is. Unfortunately, I was just there for a layover in between trips, but got zero sleep. Would come back for a crazy weekend, but they need to advertise that you are basically sleeping inside a club. Showers/bathroom suck and are dirty, but I suppose its LDN.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4