The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

Good size dorm, showers nearby. Its a great location yet quiet when its time to sleep Simple breakfast, but it does the trick.

Thanks for the review! Glad you had such a great time! Come back soon! :)

Nice and clean kitchen, clean toilet and shower in the 4-bed dorm i stayed in. Good location too. They could do with putting a sign up saying "rooms m-z, this way ->" when coming up the first set of stairs.

Thanks for the comments! Glad you liked the room and location. :) We are obviously on the same wavelength because we are just about to revamp our internal signage. ;) Thanks for your feedback and all the best for your future travels.

Rooms are very small and bathrooms were extremely dirty. The location is very good obviously, right in the center of Shoreditch but unless you are some party animal there is no point staying in that place.

Hi, Thanks for your comments. I will have a word with the cleaning staff about your points. The whole hostel, including the bathrooms, are cleaned every day, however, since you were in a shared dorm with 13 other people, it could be that your room mates just got to the bathroom before you and so it looked messy. Glad you liked our location. We love it too! All the best :)

Good hostel, great area, great staff.

Thanks for the comments! Hope you had a great time in Shoreditch. Come back soon. All the best for your future travels!

Nice location, right in the middle of Shoreditch. Well located, good bus service, tube station just 7 minutes walking and Boris Bikes just around the corner. Not a quiet place at nights specially at weekends, but a really good atmosphere. Just had problems having shower in the first day (i guess it was because they were fully booked), in that day low water pressure or no water at all, a bit unpleasant.

Thanks for the review! Lovely to get nice feedback. Glad you found the location to be so great. We adore it too. Sorry about the showers! We are getting our pipe upgraded any day now, which should give us much greater pressure. You'll have to come back and try out the new and improved showers...! All the best for your future travels! :)

Good vibes top location good bar!

Thanks for such a great review! We love our bar too!! We love the 20% guest discount even more though ;) Please come back soon - we can't wait to have you back again! Tell all your friends! ;)

The hostel is in a great area. The dormitories are very messy and the common bathroom aren't so clean.

Hi there. Thanks for the review! The bathrooms are all cleaned every day, along with the rest of the hostel, but I'll have a word with the team. Every bed has a large cage underneath where you can store all your things (including your backpack) to keep them tidy, but you're right, not everybody uses them. Glad you loved our area - we love it too! All the best for your future travels :)

Great staff, who are cheerful, helpful and friendly. Good location, the kitchen is an added bonus with good facillitie.Showers were hot and toilets clean. Plenty of good, cheap Vietnamese restaurants as well as loads of nice pubs and clubs nearby. The bar attached to the hostel had a really nice vibe and 20% off for hostel guests Ok, so someone was in my bed when I got back the first nighbut was just a mix up and could happen anywhere. Good if you like a buzzy and noisy hostel, which I do

• 27th Nov 2014

Wow such a great review! Thanks for staying! I love the Vietnamese restaurants too. For next time, we also have 10% of over £10 discount for guests at Bahn Mi 11 restaurant nearby - always good to know. Hope you had a great time in buzzy Shoreditch. Come back soon!

Nice people, clean rooms. Good facilities and an excellent location.

• 27th Nov 2014

Thanks for your review! Great to hear! Tell all your friends and make sure to come back soon ;) All the best!

Overall it was a good experience. I would very much prefer to have stayed in the photographed rooms as the one I stayed was too plain and gloomy

Thanks for your review. We are in the process of having an interior designer revamp some of our rooms, so hopefully everything should get a nice spruce up soon. Next time you stay, email in advance and I'll make sure you are in your preferred room. :) All the best for your future travels!

Saw bed bugs crawling on me. Staff did their best and moved me to a different room, but I don't think that helped as I saw one on my jeans as I was checking out. One of my roommates had massive bites all over him. Showers did not work. First morning my shower stopped as I was completely covered in soap so I just stood there. The next morning there was no water at all. Only stay here if you want to party in Shoreditch with a bunch of other grimy people staying there.

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your problems! I contacted our maintenance manager immediately after reading your comment and your room has now been sprayed. We are having a new pipe fitted imminently which should fix the problem you experienced with the showers. Hopefully you'll come back and stop again in the future and see the improvements we're making. All the best for your future travels! :)

nothing to complain. nice bar, nice staff.

Great to hear. Thanks for your comments! All the best :D

Great location- close to 2 different tube stations so it is easy to get to. Staff is alight, not the most helpful but they are nice. They employ people who are staying at the hostel so it is not the cleanest. (My room ran out of toilette paper every night I was there.) Get the free map offered at check in and do that walking tour when you first arrive. A nice way to see the city and meet new people!

Hi. Thanks for the review! The hostel is cleaned top to bottom every day by a team of 8 cleaners and we have a new head cleaner who seems to be doing a pretty good job so far. I will have a word with him about the toilet rolls though as those should be topped up every day. Sorry about that!! If you had mentioned it to reception, they'd have been able to sort you out right away as we have a night cleaner on duty every evening :) Glad you enjoyed the free tour. All the best for your travels! :)

Over all good and clean.

Great to hear! Come back soon! :)

The check out is at 10.00 which is too early for me. It was very noisy during the day as teh cleaning lady came to clean the bathroom and she was so noisy even not trying at all to me little silent. Avoid this place

Hi. Thanks for the review. Check out time is clearly displayed on the website & in our T&Cs. If you wish to stay past 10am, you're welcome to pay for an extra night. :) I also apologise if our cleaning team disturbed you. You are right - they clean the hostel from top to bottom every day, which does involve some vacuuming and changing of beds etc. We always have private rooms available if you would like some more privacy, but in shared dorms, the team need to enter every day to clean. Thanks! :)

Brilliantly located in the midst of Shoreditch bars and clubs. Nice staff and a very friendly atmosphere will definitely stay there again.

Thanks for such a great review. We loved having you to stay! Come back soon and look us up on Facebook! :D

In a lively part of London. Great value for price: coupons off at accompanying restaurant and bar. Very accommodating staff

Thanks for your kind words! We love getting reviews like that. :) Glad you had such a good time. Come back soon and stay in touch on Facebook!

3 staff working at reception desk only one was serving, the other 2 didn't acknowledge people waiting. This is very frustrating when it seemed to take a while to check people and some people just wanted to ask simple questions. However most of the time the staff were very friendly and helpful Hostel was clean and Tidy, small but totally functional kitchen / TV room. The room i stayed in was very spacious Bar next door - discount with key card, free luggage storage, fun pub crawl.

• 13th Nov 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear about your issues! Normally we have 2 on reception, so if there was a 3rd down there, I imagine they might have been trying to fix the computer, but that's no excuse though! Sorry! Next year we're doubling the size of our kitchen with an excavation - very exciting! :) Glad you found us clean & tidy & enjoyed the discounts. Would love to hear some feedback on the barcrawl if you have 2 mins to message me at operations@thedictionaryhostel.com. Many thanks! :)

Internet worked fine, but strange that have to pay £1 extra to get Internet voucher (everyone needs to go online, right?) Otherwise unexpectedly clean, though room was very dark (just small skylights) and had no little lamps to turn on at night.

Hi! Thanks for the review. The internet is free in communal areas (kitchen, courtyard and reception) and its speed is dependant on how many people are online and what they're doing, but it's fine emails and facebook etc. If you want high speed internet in your room, it's £1 for 24 hours. You're right, we don't have individual lamps. Most people tend to use the light on their phone at night or, if you need, we have bed torches available at reception. Glad you found us clean :) Come back soon!!

It is what it is. In the heart of the london hipster night life. Its load all night on the weekends, the bathroom is small, the wifi was terrible but of you want to party well go there. If you dont, dont. The staff were excellent.

Glad you enjoyed the party scene! You're right, space is at a premium here so we don't have big luxurious bathrooms, but they have hot water, free shampoo and they work, so hey, what's not to love? ;) The free wifi speed is dependent on the number of people online and what they're up to, but the £1 high speed wifi should be fine otherwise. Thanks for your comments about the staff - it means a lot and I'll pass your kind words on! Come back soon! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7