The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

The hostel is strangly hard to find, but once you get there it's quite easy to get to. The rooms are nice and clean, but crowded, and if you have a big bag it's a bit inconvenient, but it's the perfect place to just come and crash. The facilities are clean and it's a great place to meet people from all over the world. It's very exciting!

Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay :)

The staff was a bit dismissive and 90 GBP for a double room is quite steep, you can get the same room at Oxford Circus for 60 GBP!

• 7th Apr 2014

Not many plugs in each room

• 7th Apr 2014

The room was very warm, could do with some ventilation.

Thank you for the comments! :)

The Dictionary is a cool hostel! The guys working there are really friendly and helpful (thank you to Rosie on reception when I checked in). The design of the building and rooms is great, and I enjoyed the swing in my dormitory. Word of warning though: Shoreditch is a party area. If you're not in the party mood then don't stay here.

• 4th Apr 2014

Amazing! Thank you for the awesome review, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon :)

Cool neighbourhood just a quick bus ride from the city, very helpful staff

• 1st Apr 2014

We agree! We love Shoreditch :) Thank you so much for the great comments.

I have really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are so vibrant and helpful, and the beds are pretty comfy too. Great location right in Shoreditch and the 24hr reception is a huge bonus. Really comfy beds, pretty decent showers, cool atmosphere... by hostel standards this one is so good. I will be sure to recommend and stay again.

I picked this hostel randomly because they still had female dorms available on short notice. When I got there I found out that it is situated in the coolest neighborhood ever, I was all by myself and I immediately felt like being at home, staff was very friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable and I liked the breakfast. Next time I would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2014

Best hostel I have been to so far. Next time when I am in London I am gonna pick the same hostel!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Downside - The rooms look out over a central courtyard which gets cleaned 7am and the cleaners are not quiet at all, so if you get a ground floor room be prepared to be woken up early.

Everything was cool!