The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

No comments. Had a good stay!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Thank you!! :)

TINY dorms and bathrooms!!! stayed in a 10 bed dorm, no lockers, no room to put your belongings, very cramped! The bathrooms were expectionally small. There was no room to changed. Also there were not enough bathrooms for the size of the hostel. No common room, however the bar next door was nice with 20% off. The hostel appeared clean but I received numourous amounts bites (not sure if bed bugs) throughout my stay. Shoreditch is a great area but I've stayed at better hostels.

Great location of the hostel, easy check in and decent sized room.

Excellent idea to have the 20% discount at the cafe and bar next door. Also, offering free breakfast in the morning was a huge plus! The bedroom might have been a bit too damp, considering everyone had showered in the morning, but it was fine.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Norway

Yeah pretty great hostel, good atmosphere, yum bagels for breakfast, pretty lame about wifi; hardly any in kitchen, some Bb but dealt with well Have to pay for it upstairs in room, also wish there were lockers in rooms, a bit squishy in 10 bed but not real complaints for London!

The Hostel wasnt clean at all! I came into the room and didnt even know which of the 16 beds was free!

• 12th Nov 2013

We are sorry that you had an issue with your room. We hope next time you will let reception know so that we can make it right!

I really enjoyed the breakfast and the staff (Dillion) is such a helpful amazing person. Great place, liked that I could put my stuff in a safe place, showers were hot and the beds were comfortable. However had an incident with a bed bug, the staff were very accommodating and we're quick to act by taking necessary action. They cleaned and dried all my clothing and were happy to move me to another room. That's only to be expected when staying at a transient place. I would stay here again :)

Great location in the heart of the Shoreditch district, with good transport links, & variety of bars, cafe's & restaurants close by to suit all budgets. Friendly staff, easy atmosphere in mixed dorm room. Doors to en suite shower/toilet rooms in dorm I stayed in (M) need repairing so they close properly & do not crash!

See you next time! :) Thank you for the lovely review.

Great hostel, and good value with breakfast includedar breakfast. Lots of fun people, and great staff. Small negative is that it can be pretty noisy at night, especially in the large dorm, but with earplugs and eye patches it's fine.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Ear plugs are always needed when sharing rooms with new friends each night :)

It was overall awesome. The only downside was the lack of common space later in the evening. I know it's a party part of town but there wasn't anywhere you could go to until all hours of the night without being kicked out in the end. Slight complaint to an overall nice hostel though.

Thank you for the great review. We are thinking about keeping the kitchen past 3am but we always need a bit of time to clean the party up! :)

Good hostel in a good location. A few little things that could be tweaked, but to get a cheap bed for the night in a good location such as this, I was pretty impressed. The kitchen area is really nice, and the breakfast that is served up is really good also. I found the staff to be really pleasant and helpful. Its a little short on space, but this is virtually central London, so to have any space at all is good going. I would definitely stay here again.

Rooms were clean and fairly comfortable, the breakfast was good but very crowded. What the hostel was lacking was any rooms to lounge in, even more limited in the morning. All in all, just an ok hostel.

Thank you for the review! :)

Cool place to stay!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Yay! Thank you :)

This hostel was so much fun! Luke (the cutey) was amazing and helped us out so much and made sure we felt at home.The hostel was so clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was great. Shoreditch is definitely an up and coming area for young people and great for nightlife. Will definitely stay again, so much fun!!

• 7th Nov 2013

Haha, you made Luke's day! :) Thank you so much for the great review!

Only stayed for one night and arrived late and left early so I didn't get to experience that much of the hostel. A okay-place to stay but I didn't find it anything special. Might have been a greater experience if I stayed for longer.

Hey guys I really enjoyed my time there! Really cool hostel in a nice area with loads of bars and restaurants. The reception as a really cool design nice kitchen and the facilities are all clean. The staff was very helpful and nice to me. You could sit with them by the reception and have a chat. I stayed there for one night (on my birthday) and the owner was really nice to me and gave sweets and choclate for my birthday and made me feel very welcomed! I'm definetly coming back!

Amazing! We are so happy to hear that :) Come back and visit soon!

The staff were amazing and helpful. Beds were comfortable and the location was fantastic for me. The bagel free breakfast yummy and I like that it was very social. Fun place to be. Can't complain for 15£ a nice could be worse.

The Dictionary was cool because the staff were friendly, and the bar was awesome with free wifi and amazing cocktails. The bar staff were great. Service at the cafe was a bit slow. The showers are weird and often lukewarm, & they still have a lot of decorating to do. Check in is at 2pm which is kind of late and they are unflexible about it so there's a huge line to check in and the bag room cant fit everyone's stuff. Location was cool but it was a bit of a trek to get to Old St station.

• 31st Oct 2013

We stayed at The Dictionary for only one night. We stayed in a 16-person room, which was our own fault for the room being a little crowded. However, the shower flooded, the beds were awful, and reception played music all night that I could hear thumping through the wall. The staff were wonderful, though, so they get an A+ on that level.

Safe, clean, easy backpackers. As a rule any backpackers that is committed to white sheets is good. Only minor issues was funny smelling bathrooms, humidity in dorm room post showers, and although i don't mind having to shell over a pound a day for decent internet i do expect it to be decent. But in all great stay.