The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

An amazing stay in North East London! Met so many people in this backpacker!

great hostel. Most of the people over there are not teenagers crazy for parties but young adults respectful of others and looking for a position in London. You feel that difference. We did party (a bit crazily) and it was great too. I shared a 12 mixed room and didn't have any problem. I even made great friends there!

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Awesome comments! Thank you :) We do our best to provide a good time and a good nights sleep!

Heloo was nice to stay there..

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Romania

I stayed here in October and loved it but this time I was pretty disappointed. There are mice in the rooms which ate through mine and another girls bags looking for food. The rooms and bathrooms are not adequately cleaned - a girl in my room saw a cleaner sweeping food under the beds. Also reception should assign beds because the cleaners have no idea which beds people are staying in so you would come back to find your bed made up and your clothes and other belongings thrown on the floor.

Apologies for the issues you had during your stay! We work hard to keep the building clean and we definitely have taken this up with the team. I hope you will give us another try next time! :)

A hike from the tube but close to everything else. I like the connected bar next to/a part of the hostel. Rooms are pretty average for a hostel. Great deck outside!

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate the feedback :)

Good location, friendly staff. Only one bathroom for 14 people but there are others outside the room. The door to room A is really squeaky!! Otherwise its great - we'd stay again.

Thank you! We have gone and fixed that darn squeaky door :)

The staff here are amazing! So friendly and helpful. Dilan the manager at reception was especially helpful with any questions I had. Would highly recommend to anyway wanting to stay in shoreditch

• 3rd Feb 2014

I had a great time in your hostel

• 31st Jan 2014

It was very nice and clean. Good breakfast. The wi-fi was a bit slow.

• 30th Jan 2014

Good vibe, good location, clean sheets and bathroom and a decent brekky, the attached bar/ coffee shop is unreal

• 28th Jan 2014

The Dictionary is perfectly located in a very lively neighbourhod. It has really nice interior; staff is very nice, the common room and kitchen are welcoming and clean, whilst the toilets and showers are quite poor and obviously not cleaned often enough.

• 24th Jan 2014

i didn't have any problems

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Russia

I absolutely adored this hostel. The hostel atmosphere (and the staff) was cool, relaxed and totally chill. Cleanliness was spot on, I'm a bit OCD with that stuff but couldn't fault them. Great that we could leave our bags at the hostel all day as it would have been such a pain lugging them around before our evening train. Didn't have time to try the restaurant/bar, it looked awesome though. Perfect hostel in my favourite area of London = 5*.

• 22nd Jan 2014

The hostel seemed to be nice, I did really liked it, especially when I came for the 1st time on 19th of august and stayed almost a week. Luckily for me I was in a good room with the view on the street where you really see how life of the Londoners walks or drives by. The kitchen is great, has a big TV where you can watch anything during your breakfast, also very tasty and it was more that sufficient. Anyway, if you want a cheap, comfy and nice stay in London, The Dictionary is the right spot

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Moldova

All the staff we met seemed nice, especially Australian guy at reception. Room was full of pretty sociable people who were up for a party. There's a good bar attached - Although the bar doesn't feel like much of a "hostel bar", more just a normal bar which you get a discount in if you stay in the hostel. The drinks there are super expensive as well, even with discount. Shoreditch is an awesome area - very "hipster" and good nightlife.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

I really like the Dictionary Hostel, the staff was really attentive and friendly. It is a place that I would recommend to my friends and if I am going to London I will repeat!!! and the breakfast was delicious!

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Spain

It was awesome! Ile be back

• 12th Jan 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful, although they should keep an eye on the courtyard on Sundays and working days while people have stuff to do during the day and would like to sleep! Other than that everything was great!

At the beginning I really liked this place: cool design, nice room, big kitchenette. But then, in the evening we've discovered mouse in out room! It ate crackers from bag, by the way. And in general it was absolutely disgusting. Couldn't really sleep for the whole night listening to its sounds.

Amazing staff, really friendly and helpful. All in all everything was clean BUT unfortunately we couldn't sleep at all because there were two MICE in our room coming out at night. We left the light on and talked but they weren't really impressed by that and we heard them under our beds all night long.