The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

The hostel is strangly hard to find, but once you get there it's quite easy to get to. The rooms are nice and clean, but crowded, and if you have a big bag it's a bit inconvenient, but it's the perfect place to just come and crash. The facilities are clean and it's a great place to meet people from all over the world. It's very exciting!

Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay :)

The staff was a bit dismissive and 90 GBP for a double room is quite steep, you can get the same room at Oxford Circus for 60 GBP!

• 7th Apr 2014

Not many plugs in each room

• 7th Apr 2014

The room was very warm, could do with some ventilation.

Thank you for the comments! :)

The Dictionary is a cool hostel! The guys working there are really friendly and helpful (thank you to Rosie on reception when I checked in). The design of the building and rooms is great, and I enjoyed the swing in my dormitory. Word of warning though: Shoreditch is a party area. If you're not in the party mood then don't stay here.

• 4th Apr 2014

Amazing! Thank you for the awesome review, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon :)

Cool neighbourhood just a quick bus ride from the city, very helpful staff

• 1st Apr 2014

We agree! We love Shoreditch :) Thank you so much for the great comments.

I have really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are so vibrant and helpful, and the beds are pretty comfy too. Great location right in Shoreditch and the 24hr reception is a huge bonus. Really comfy beds, pretty decent showers, cool atmosphere... by hostel standards this one is so good. I will be sure to recommend and stay again.

I picked this hostel randomly because they still had female dorms available on short notice. When I got there I found out that it is situated in the coolest neighborhood ever, I was all by myself and I immediately felt like being at home, staff was very friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable and I liked the breakfast. Next time I would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2014

Best hostel I have been to so far. Next time when I am in London I am gonna pick the same hostel!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Downside - The rooms look out over a central courtyard which gets cleaned 7am and the cleaners are not quiet at all, so if you get a ground floor room be prepared to be woken up early.

Everything was cool!

Ok, so the mice are definitely a thing, learned that the hard way, BUT just don't bring food to your room and they aren't a nuisance! Overall, killer staff, great atmosphere, super trendy location. Not recommended for those that like a quiet environment: footsteps are the stairs can be thundering in addition to the bar, Translate, which rocks out pretty late at night. But earplugs in and it's not so bad. Besides, the range of people and experiences make the noise worth it.

• 19th Mar 2014

If you want to party and drink every night this is the place! The area is the best of London, lots of bar/café, super fashion, etc. You all have to go to the BrickLane marcket every sunday! Don't go there for a calm night of sleep, it's not the place for that haha. **WIFI SHOULD BE FREE THERE ARE MICES!

Not a fan of big hostels, but this means 'economizing' in London. The rooms are quite spacious, love the big lockers underneath the bed that fit everything, thus reducing luggage pileup on the floor. Fantastic breakfast, if you're up in time. Good kitchen facilities. Fast wifi, friendly staff. But it's not very clean, especially the bathrooms.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback :)

Very clean, cosy and friendly hostel! One of the best ones I have stayed at. Staff were very friendly and the overall vibe was great! Will definitely recommend to fellow travelers.

We love to hear that!! :) Can't wait to see you next time you are in London!

nothing special but area makes up for it

It s a clean and good hostel but there is not too much of a hostel atmosphere ( no common room ) the pub crawl is nice good location for a night out ;)

Thank you for the review! :)

This hotel has a very good location and well equipped surprisingly clean kitchen. On the other hand weekend nights are incredibly noisy. The bar is currently being refurbished so there is missing a pleasant common area to rest.

Being located in the heart of the East definitely means we have lively weekends! :) Apologies for the bar refurbishment.! The bar is almost finished and it is actually an acoustic ceiling we are adding to help reduce the noise. We hope to see you next time you come to London! Thank you for the review.

Clean place,friendly environment. First hostel experience,way better than expected

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Such an enjoyable stay, will be returning in 3 weeks with friends! Came to London to scout hostels out and found the perfect one straight away. So friendly and chilled, perfect location.

• 4th Mar 2014