The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

Overall pretty good. The rooms were clean and there were some nice areas for socializing. It's not in the center of London, but there is a good bar and restaurant scene around. Only real criticism is that the wifi is only free in the kitchen, you have to pay for it in the rooms. Otherwise I had a nice stay.

Thanks for reviewing. Glad you enjoyed your stay & managed to hang out with some of the other guests while you were here :) We're in Zone 1 for transport, which makes us pretty darn central when you consider there are 9 zones on the London transport network. London's huge! Free wifi's available in the kitchen, reception, courtyard, bar & coffee shop & it's £1 for in-room access. This helps us to keep those prices low & that way you only pay for it if you want it :) Come back soon! :D

We stayed in a very small 6-bed room whose only window faced an atrium which was very noisy. Poor ventilation. A very high price for an uncomfortable and noisy room.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay :( Reception should be closing the courtyard at 10pm so it's not too noisy, but I'll have a word to make sure they are doing this on time. Also, if you have a word with them, they'll always try & find you an alternative room if you're unhappy. When I stop in hostels myself, I always take earplugs so I'm not disturbed by other guests - it's a good tip ;) Our reception always has some if you ever need any :)

water went off constantly, no toilet paper refilled, sheets dirty and beds marks everywhere. Staff friendly, but queues and lots of waiting around to get booked in and sign out when leaving. Mice, but they have traps. Rooms for groups are tiny, squashed in. Good you can come and go when you please though.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Sorry if you had any problems. Bathrooms are cleaned daily, but if loo roll runs out in between, just give reception a shout :) We're just installing a new, wider pipe, to give us more water flow, which should help the showers. We do have mouse traps around the property as a precaution, since guests taking food into the rooms can encourage them. But there's no infestation or anything! :) Glad you got on with the staff. They can help you reserve a bigger dorm in future :) Thanks for the review!

I stayed in a room for 16 people. We only had one shower as a "bathroom"!! No individual lights, so some untolerant guys turned the light on at 3 am... No computers to consult the internet...

Hi. Thanks for the review! All our 16 bed dorms are ensuite, with at least one shower and toilet, but should that be in use, there are always communal showers and toilets throughout the building you can use too. We don't offer computers, but there is an internet cafe just around the corner and we have free wifi in our communal areas. Anyway, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay enough to give us over 70% despite your problems. All the best for your future travels! Thanks :)

1 2 3 4 Next » last »