The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

It is a good place where to spend some days in London. It is 15 minutes far from the tube station, which is Liverpool Street. The atmosphere is very nice. The breakfast is included, it is simple but satisfactory. It is clean and safe. Since I've been in such horrible hostels before, I reccomend this one, it is a good one.

• 31st Dec 2013

I loved everything...I stayed for 5 days and it was good.

Staff not really friend, but the hostel is very good

A grand place with helpful staff. I didn't actually end-up sleeping there and checked out several hours late as a result but the staff totally understood. Very cool people. Would definitely stay there again.

• 28th Dec 2013

It was al about waht i know in a hostel but in 3 days i did't a hot shower cause it eas always cold...i hope that you could fix this problem

• 27th Dec 2013

Be careful of bedbugs...

• 27th Dec 2013

love the kitchen!

This is a very nice hostel. The free internet is not really good and you can use only in the reception. Otherwise you have to pay 1 pound/day to use the internet in your room. The breakfast is good and for free.

Well, first of all, the room was all dirty and also the bathrooms, I think that there were people living there, so everything was a mess. The breakfast was awful (the bread was very very hard to eat) but what can you expect for a low budget. I wouldn't stay there again neither recommend it, I spend there 3 nights.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Good hostel but at saturday there was a big party in the bar. Maybe for some people a problem but not for me.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Stayed for 2 nights in the 14 bed dorm and slept 4 hours combined. I'm unsure if it's common of the hostel but the other people in the room were the most inconsiderate I've come across. Lights on at 7am and rustling through their bags for hours. The other bathroom in the dorm wasn't useable and judging from the lock on the door has been that way for a while. Considering I went out both nights this hostel was clean and ok for that, but it would have been great to actually sleep when I was in bed.

The Dictionary is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere & all the necessary amenities. The only issues I came across were the lack of a lounge & the size of the bathrooms. Everything else was pretty much flawless, but with character. THANKS GUYS.

Really good stay. I woke up late and got locked out my room whilst in the shower but the guy behind reception was really nice about it and let me back in! I missed breakfast but that was free. Also for any inexperienced hostelers like myself being a padlock for locker under bed and a towel for shower. And sorry to my fellow roomies who I never met bit probably woke up at 3 in the morning.

• 19th Dec 2013

I stayed in 12 bedroom and there was only one shower for all of us. Internet free only at reception (1 pound to have it in the room). Great staff and good breakfast.

Good hostel to party ! The staff is also very nice

It was a very pleasant stay at the dictionary hostel. The rooms were nice and clean. also were the bathrooms. It was very nice that ithe stay was included breakfast. If we walked out the door we were in the nice shoreditch, and with a little tube line in the middle of the centre. The staff and visitors were very nice and happy every time. So the stay was perfect!!!

• 16th Dec 2013

The Dictionary in Shoreditch is an adequate hostel when staying in London. The showers are pretty tight, and the kitchen is a bit small for such a large hostel. There is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms. The location is good- very near the Shoreditch Overground and the Old Street tube stop. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the cafe and bar attached are great places to hang out.

Many of the rooms in this hostel are above a very noisy bar, which is open on Friday/Saturday nights playing loud music til late and renders the environment inside the rooms themselves as something akin to sleeping in a night club. Was told that Friday night, which was my first night, was exceptionally bad but speaking to the other people staying in my room it seems as if it is the same every night. Steer clear if you want a good night's sleep.

• 13th Dec 2013

Great bar! I seen Russell Brand :)

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Nice place, good staff. If you want to sleep early, may be will be hard. The rooms are in front of the smoking yard, and it´s sometimes is full of talking people.