The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

Great hostel, and good value with breakfast includedar breakfast. Lots of fun people, and great staff. Small negative is that it can be pretty noisy at night, especially in the large dorm, but with earplugs and eye patches it's fine.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Ear plugs are always needed when sharing rooms with new friends each night :)

It was overall awesome. The only downside was the lack of common space later in the evening. I know it's a party part of town but there wasn't anywhere you could go to until all hours of the night without being kicked out in the end. Slight complaint to an overall nice hostel though.

Thank you for the great review. We are thinking about keeping the kitchen past 3am but we always need a bit of time to clean the party up! :)

Good hostel in a good location. A few little things that could be tweaked, but to get a cheap bed for the night in a good location such as this, I was pretty impressed. The kitchen area is really nice, and the breakfast that is served up is really good also. I found the staff to be really pleasant and helpful. Its a little short on space, but this is virtually central London, so to have any space at all is good going. I would definitely stay here again.

Rooms were clean and fairly comfortable, the breakfast was good but very crowded. What the hostel was lacking was any rooms to lounge in, even more limited in the morning. All in all, just an ok hostel.

Thank you for the review! :)

Cool place to stay!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Yay! Thank you :)

This hostel was so much fun! Luke (the cutey) was amazing and helped us out so much and made sure we felt at home.The hostel was so clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was great. Shoreditch is definitely an up and coming area for young people and great for nightlife. Will definitely stay again, so much fun!!

• 7th Nov 2013

Haha, you made Luke's day! :) Thank you so much for the great review!

Hey guys I really enjoyed my time there! Really cool hostel in a nice area with loads of bars and restaurants. The reception as a really cool design nice kitchen and the facilities are all clean. The staff was very helpful and nice to me. You could sit with them by the reception and have a chat. I stayed there for one night (on my birthday) and the owner was really nice to me and gave sweets and choclate for my birthday and made me feel very welcomed! I'm definetly coming back!

Amazing! We are so happy to hear that :) Come back and visit soon!

The staff were amazing and helpful. Beds were comfortable and the location was fantastic for me. The bagel free breakfast yummy and I like that it was very social. Fun place to be. Can't complain for 15£ a nice could be worse.

The Dictionary was cool because the staff were friendly, and the bar was awesome with free wifi and amazing cocktails. The bar staff were great. Service at the cafe was a bit slow. The showers are weird and often lukewarm, & they still have a lot of decorating to do. Check in is at 2pm which is kind of late and they are unflexible about it so there's a huge line to check in and the bag room cant fit everyone's stuff. Location was cool but it was a bit of a trek to get to Old St station.

• 31st Oct 2013

We stayed at The Dictionary for only one night. We stayed in a 16-person room, which was our own fault for the room being a little crowded. However, the shower flooded, the beds were awful, and reception played music all night that I could hear thumping through the wall. The staff were wonderful, though, so they get an A+ on that level.

Safe, clean, easy backpackers. As a rule any backpackers that is committed to white sheets is good. Only minor issues was funny smelling bathrooms, humidity in dorm room post showers, and although i don't mind having to shell over a pound a day for decent internet i do expect it to be decent. But in all great stay.

I stayed here for five nights and loved it - shoreditch is an excellent location and the hostel is close to public transport. Staff are helpful and the bar makes it really easy to meet people. Bathroom could be a little cleaner but the 8 bed dorm i stayed in was really spacious and I will definitely stay here next time in London. Cheers for the free breakfast too!

The cleanliness of this hostel is awful. I´ve spent four days there and when I arrived the soap dispensers in the showers were all empty and four days later they were still empty. When I arrived there were a lot of dirty toilet paper behind the shower´s door and four days later it was still there. I could check the didn´t change the linen of the bed beside me when the man who was there gone and other man came to this bed, they just put in order the blanket and the pilow........

GREAT hostel. Great facilities. Really nice bar man downstairs. (The one with the beard) would defo stay at this hostel again!!

• 26th Oct 2013

Very good hostel, in the heart of East London; the area is always lively and there are many pubs and clubs to enjoy by night. Near Old Street tube station and Liverpool Street Station, so it is really easy to go everywhere in London from the hostel. Breakfast is really good (loved bagels and muesli!) Don't worry if the courtyard seems noisy by night: at midnight it will be closed, but if you are an early sleeper better bring some ear plugs!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »