The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

Brilliant location, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Translate needs a happy hour

• 16th Feb 2014

The only thing I missed were computers with internet,but off course I know everyone has a smartphone thing, but still...

• 14th Feb 2014

Good point! We are looking at our options for computers. Thank you for the review :)

The best thing about this hostel is its location. Shoreditch rocks! Close to so many pubs, clubs, markets. You wont feel like leaving this area! Staff is great! The vibe is great! Made some nice friends out there! Rooms are ok, shower not so hot sometimes. Bring your laptop or make sure your mobile is working well because there are no computers in hand.

An amazing stay in North East London! Met so many people in this backpacker!

great hostel. Most of the people over there are not teenagers crazy for parties but young adults respectful of others and looking for a position in London. You feel that difference. We did party (a bit crazily) and it was great too. I shared a 12 mixed room and didn't have any problem. I even made great friends there!

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Awesome comments! Thank you :) We do our best to provide a good time and a good nights sleep!

Heloo was nice to stay there..

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Romania

I stayed here in October and loved it but this time I was pretty disappointed. There are mice in the rooms which ate through mine and another girls bags looking for food. The rooms and bathrooms are not adequately cleaned - a girl in my room saw a cleaner sweeping food under the beds. Also reception should assign beds because the cleaners have no idea which beds people are staying in so you would come back to find your bed made up and your clothes and other belongings thrown on the floor.

Apologies for the issues you had during your stay! We work hard to keep the building clean and we definitely have taken this up with the team. I hope you will give us another try next time! :)

A hike from the tube but close to everything else. I like the connected bar next to/a part of the hostel. Rooms are pretty average for a hostel. Great deck outside!

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate the feedback :)

Good location, friendly staff. Only one bathroom for 14 people but there are others outside the room. The door to room A is really squeaky!! Otherwise its great - we'd stay again.

Thank you! We have gone and fixed that darn squeaky door :)

The staff here are amazing! So friendly and helpful. Dilan the manager at reception was especially helpful with any questions I had. Would highly recommend to anyway wanting to stay in shoreditch

• 3rd Feb 2014

I had a great time in your hostel

• 31st Jan 2014