The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

I had a great time in your hostel

• 31st Jan 2014

It was very nice and clean. Good breakfast. The wi-fi was a bit slow.

• 30th Jan 2014

Good vibe, good location, clean sheets and bathroom and a decent brekky, the attached bar/ coffee shop is unreal

• 28th Jan 2014

The Dictionary is perfectly located in a very lively neighbourhod. It has really nice interior; staff is very nice, the common room and kitchen are welcoming and clean, whilst the toilets and showers are quite poor and obviously not cleaned often enough.

• 24th Jan 2014

i didn't have any problems

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Russia

I absolutely adored this hostel. The hostel atmosphere (and the staff) was cool, relaxed and totally chill. Cleanliness was spot on, I'm a bit OCD with that stuff but couldn't fault them. Great that we could leave our bags at the hostel all day as it would have been such a pain lugging them around before our evening train. Didn't have time to try the restaurant/bar, it looked awesome though. Perfect hostel in my favourite area of London = 5*.

• 22nd Jan 2014

The hostel seemed to be nice, I did really liked it, especially when I came for the 1st time on 19th of august and stayed almost a week. Luckily for me I was in a good room with the view on the street where you really see how life of the Londoners walks or drives by. The kitchen is great, has a big TV where you can watch anything during your breakfast, also very tasty and it was more that sufficient. Anyway, if you want a cheap, comfy and nice stay in London, The Dictionary is the right spot

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Moldova

All the staff we met seemed nice, especially Australian guy at reception. Room was full of pretty sociable people who were up for a party. There's a good bar attached - Although the bar doesn't feel like much of a "hostel bar", more just a normal bar which you get a discount in if you stay in the hostel. The drinks there are super expensive as well, even with discount. Shoreditch is an awesome area - very "hipster" and good nightlife.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

I really like the Dictionary Hostel, the staff was really attentive and friendly. It is a place that I would recommend to my friends and if I am going to London I will repeat!!! and the breakfast was delicious!

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Spain

It was awesome! Ile be back

• 12th Jan 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful, although they should keep an eye on the courtyard on Sundays and working days while people have stuff to do during the day and would like to sleep! Other than that everything was great!

At the beginning I really liked this place: cool design, nice room, big kitchenette. But then, in the evening we've discovered mouse in out room! It ate crackers from bag, by the way. And in general it was absolutely disgusting. Couldn't really sleep for the whole night listening to its sounds.

Amazing staff, really friendly and helpful. All in all everything was clean BUT unfortunately we couldn't sleep at all because there were two MICE in our room coming out at night. We left the light on and talked but they weren't really impressed by that and we heard them under our beds all night long.

The hostel was very clean. Well my room was, a friend of mine was staying in another room where there were supposedly rats and bed bugs, but my room was fine. The cleaning staff did an excellent job every day. Breakfast was included which is always a plus when you're backpacking. Atmosphere is great if you want to meet people. However a group of about 8 who were staying one night came back, set up speakers and invited everyone into our room at 4am. But that's hostels for you.

Offer to the guests a microwave in the kitchen sounds a really good ideia.

Mice! Woke up more than once to see/hear mice running around on the dorm floor, eating crumbs, getting into people's bags etc. I heard multiple complaints while I was there (to the staff), and I've read multiple reviews complaining about them so it's not a recent thing. The hostel has been aware of the problem for a while but I got the impression they weren't really taking it seriously. Other than that the hostel was ok in terms of atmosphere, people etc. Dorm bathrooms are a bit gross.

• 3rd Jan 2014

It is a good place where to spend some days in London. It is 15 minutes far from the tube station, which is Liverpool Street. The atmosphere is very nice. The breakfast is included, it is simple but satisfactory. It is clean and safe. Since I've been in such horrible hostels before, I reccomend this one, it is a good one.

• 31st Dec 2013

I loved everything...I stayed for 5 days and it was good.

Staff not really friend, but the hostel is very good

A grand place with helpful staff. I didn't actually end-up sleeping there and checked out several hours late as a result but the staff totally understood. Very cool people. Would definitely stay there again.

• 28th Dec 2013