The Dictionary, Shoreditch Reviews

10-20 Kingsland Road, London, England

very clean and friendly, definitely would recommend it to others!

• 14th Apr 2014

It is an average hostel, located in a noisy area full of bars and clubs. The hostel itself is twisting, the rooms are small but equiped with everything you need. The sheets were fresh. But there are also a couple of points that need an improvement: The water pressure in the shower is a joke, but instead of fixing it they ask you to shower within a certain period to have sufficient pressure and warm water. The breakfast is poor compared to middle european standard.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Austria

AWESOME HOSTEL

• 11th Apr 2014

Mice in rooms, some staff great, some staff arrogant uncaring and lazy, great location and a good price

The hostel rooms were good, so were the staff. However, the bathrooms and toilets were smelly, with water shortage and had to be shared between males and females!

was this a hostel or a hotel? anyway, highly reccommended

• 10th Apr 2014

My mistake of booking this hostel because I was 'too old' was allowed as long as I would not complain about noisey residents. When I arrived I was checked in my very helpful young man who took my bag to the room and made sure I had a low bunk. Although the FREE WiFi was slow I did not need to pay extra to read my emails. The quiet, 4 bed shared room was clean, comfortable and complete with ensuite bathroom. A FREE Conental Breakfast in the clean kitchen downstairs was fine. LOCATION GREAT

Wonderful hostel, great location in a really hip neighbourhood. Very clean and spacious rooms and an excellent breakfast included, probably the best hostelbreakfast I have ever had. There is also a good bar as part of the hostel. I am definitely coming back to stay there next time I am in London!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Would recommend to young travellers looking to have some fun. I stayed there solo and ended up meeting different people everyday and heading out with them. The bar area at night is awesome especially on weekends and hostel stayers get a discount.

• 8th Apr 2014

Excellent! We are happy you enjoyed the hostel facilities and got to make some new friends! :)

Les deux seuls problèmes sont que la salle de bain n'étais pas nettoyée tous les jours et qu'il y avait une souris dans la chambre, à part ça tout s'est parfaitement déroulé.

• 8th Apr 2014

The hostel is strangly hard to find, but once you get there it's quite easy to get to. The rooms are nice and clean, but crowded, and if you have a big bag it's a bit inconvenient, but it's the perfect place to just come and crash. The facilities are clean and it's a great place to meet people from all over the world. It's very exciting!

Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay :)

The staff was a bit dismissive and 90 GBP for a double room is quite steep, you can get the same room at Oxford Circus for 60 GBP!

• 7th Apr 2014

Not many plugs in each room

• 7th Apr 2014

The room was very warm, could do with some ventilation.

Thank you for the comments! :)

The Dictionary is a cool hostel! The guys working there are really friendly and helpful (thank you to Rosie on reception when I checked in). The design of the building and rooms is great, and I enjoyed the swing in my dormitory. Word of warning though: Shoreditch is a party area. If you're not in the party mood then don't stay here.

• 4th Apr 2014

Amazing! Thank you for the awesome review, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon :)

Cool neighbourhood just a quick bus ride from the city, very helpful staff

• 1st Apr 2014

We agree! We love Shoreditch :) Thank you so much for the great comments.

I have really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are so vibrant and helpful, and the beds are pretty comfy too. Great location right in Shoreditch and the 24hr reception is a huge bonus. Really comfy beds, pretty decent showers, cool atmosphere... by hostel standards this one is so good. I will be sure to recommend and stay again.

• 29th Mar 2014

Las habitaciones muy sucias, puesto que me alojaba en una habitacion de catorce huespedes, pero a pesar de eso. Tambien quiero comentar que al lentrar a mi habitacion (letra a) pasaba por la zona de fumadores y mis pulmones se veian perjudicados cuando entraba o salia de la room.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I picked this hostel randomly because they still had female dorms available on short notice. When I got there I found out that it is situated in the coolest neighborhood ever, I was all by myself and I immediately felt like being at home, staff was very friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable and I liked the breakfast. Next time I would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2014

Best hostel I have been to so far. Next time when I am in London I am gonna pick the same hostel!

• 26th Mar 2014