The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great place. Highly recommended

Wifi very week , rest rooms are dirty and kitchen gets untidy all the time Climbing up the hill to the hostel is not easy thing

R, thank you for taking time to review our little hostel. I apologize that you had some trouble with the wifi during your stay. As we did our best to communicate, in these days we were actively working with our provider to improve our wifi service and there were outtages and signal issues while they worked. Glad to report that we've got a new wifi system set up now and it's working great! We do our best to keep everything clean and tidy and I apologize too that we didn't meet your standard.

Comfortable and clean rooms, with very friendly owner. A little walk up the hill from the city centre (take a taxi if with bags) but means the atmosphere is more chilled.

Perfect hostel experience in Sarajevo! Yes, it's a walk up the hill, but Wow, what a view. And worth it for the experience. Kat and her team are friendly, knowledgable and always available to help! I will be back!

The Doctor's House has a great atmosphere and facilities. Rooms are very clean and provide enough space for everyone staying in the dorm. Cat was very helpful, her recommendations helped us shape our travel plan in Sarajevo. The balconies and common space are great to socialize and catch brilliant views of Sarajevo. The only negative aspect about the hostel is its location. You need to walk a steep hill (for approx. 10 mins) from downtown to get to the hostel.

I ended up spending a week in this hostel as I loved Sarajevo. The staff are great and really helpful and the facilities good - except a couple of times no hot water in the shower. The lockers are big, the privacy curtains a nice touch and the kitchen good. The living area downstairs was a bit dingy but it's a small niggle. Overall I would highly recommend (the hill is fine) and recommend going into the 6 bed dorm on the top floor. It's more spacious and has a balcony.

Wonderful hostel, and they organized some really great activities/ sight seeing trips for guests! Quiet location, but easy to get to the city centre in less than 10 minutes (the hill is pretty damn steep, but definitely worth it). Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Really appreciated the shuttle service they can organize for you for your next destination after Sarajevo.

Really helpful staff, I accidentally booked the wrong night and Cat was so helpful in helping me fix the situation. Above and beyond Cat! Clean, comfortable, secure! Thanks for having me!

Really comfortable, clean, chilled hostel. The staff, especially the owner Cat, were really friendly & made me & friends staying at other hostels feel very welcome, they were also very approachable & helpful if you had any questions. The hostel is a wee walk uphill from the old town but I wouldn't let that stop you from staying here - it takes 5 mins & if you like the stuffed apples as much as I did the walk will come in handy! I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends in the future.

Perfect place to stay. Great facilities, lots of thoughtful little things to make your stay comfortable, fantastic value for money. The staff are super helpful and friendly. It is up a big hill (making great city views) but unless your disabled or really unfit it's fine

I had a great stay at the Doctors House, the rooms were comfortale and having thethe curtain, lamp and charger by the bed was fantastic. There was a lovely atmosphere and beautibeautiful views from the balconies.

• 16th Sep 2015

Great Hostel. Staff were extremely nice and friendly, helped with all our needs . Wifi was fine! Great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

Excellent hostel! The hostel was clean and tidy, the beds were comfy, and Cat and the team were fantastic.

I loved this place, and Cat and Irfan are awesome!!

Great hostel - it is up a hill, but the view of the city you get from the hostel is definitely worth the walk! A good place for independent travellers to stay, good atmosphere & very easy to meet people

Very friendly & helpful staff. Clean & comfortable rooms. Well equipped kitchen. Fast wifi in all areas. Close to town with a good walk up the hill. We liked that you could purchase local beers from the hostel fridge. Great view of Sarajevo. We were upgraded to a private room so couldn't be happier, definitely recommend this place! Only negative for us is that we had a car with Croatian numberplates which got keyed on all panels whilst parked in the recommended carpark up the hill

• 7th Sep 2015

As for the bad, the hostel is in a terrible location up a steep hill (which you'll come to dread). The wi-fi is a whimsical, terrible thing. Everything in the big room is a bit cramped (and since the kitchen is two steps away it does get a bit noisy. The beds are not really comfortable, but not that bad either. As for the good, the place is clean (the kitchen not at times), they do cheap laundry, it's safe, and the view is amazing.

A, so sorry you two didn't enjoy your stay with us. We enjoyed your company and invitation stands to come back again anytime! We are working hard on our wifi issues and hope to find a working solution soon. We do the best we can where we are.

We stayed 2 nights at the doctor house and had a great time there! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The dorms are great (best bed I had in a hostel for a long time), clean and comfy. There is a nice outdoor area and a good kitchen. The atmosphere was awesome! We met a lot of amazing people and were sad to leave so fast.. If you are in Sarajevo, this is the place to stay!

Overall great stay. Good location if you don't mind a trek up a steep hill!! Loved the local beer they provided. No huge common area but the balconies were great, but made it harder to meet people as it felt a bit disjointed. But they organised activities/nights out which was great. Loved the curtains over the bed, which were also very spacious! Would stay here again.

I had a great stay at The Doctor's house this summer. The hostel has a beautiful view over the city, the 6 bed dorm is equipped with everything you need and Cat and Edina are very friendly and always helpful. The cosy and familiar atmosphere made it easy to meet new people and the staff had great recommendations for sightseeing, food and going out at night. I would definitely stay at The Doctor's house again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5