The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

What a fantastic hostel! One of the most welcoming owners you will meet. Best beds!! Curtains and an individual light - traveller heaven. Terrace overlooking the city to enjoy. Really great crew of people that made Sarajevo a fantastic place to visit. Location about 5 mins walk up a hill (do it for the gluteus!!) and 2 mins from small stores. Make sure you go to kino bosna and do the free walking tour.

Loved this place! Cat is a wonderful lady with a lovely business! So comforting and welcoming. The hill up to the hostel is a hill, so don't stay here if you are afraid of hills. No complaints whatsoever!

Excellent all around. Probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in, extremely helpful staff, nice kitchen, great dorms -- definitely the place to stay in Sarajevo.

Cat, we still have to finish our blog but you can do some reading http://www.insidebalkans.blogspot.com/

No doubt one of the best hostels in Europe. From the minute I walked in, I was made to feel at home, invited to events by the lovely owner Cat, offered a beer etc. The hostel has a really nice atmosphere; chilled and friendly. You can easily meet other travellers to go out and party with, or just relax with a beer overlooking the beautiful view from the balcony -- whatever you feel. Super clean, comfy beds, quiet for sleeping but not short of fun -- and the privacy curtains are a great touch! :)

Without a doubt the best hostel in have stayed at during my trip. Cat is an amazing host. Always going above and beyond for her guests. The facilities are always clean and comfortable and the location is amazing. The best place to stay in Sarajevo!!

Kat, the owner is a great, friendly and helpful host. [She lives there, so she cares about the place!] The hostel had a very chilled out atmosphere (in a good way) when I visited. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Sarajevo, who is interested in learning about this city's impressive history.

My 2 day stay turned into 2 weeks! The delightful Kat and travellers there made Sarajevo feel like a second home. Kat knows all the amazing places to see in the town, including the local

Purpose built hostel: Made by a traveler for travelers. Great beds, nice kitchen, comfortable common room and the owner Cat is very nice. Location is up a steep hill but its good for exercise and forces you to spend more time out sightseeing, rather than ducking back to the hostel. Supermarkets and some fastfood and restaurants are nearby as well. Definitely recommend staying there

I can not say enough good things about our stay at The Doctors House. From the moment we stepped in the door and were greeted with a smile. Cat the owner was amazing, would do anything to help make our stay enjoyable and easy, from recommending sights to see, restaurants and bars to check out and even organising transport to check out the many interesting places of Sarajevo. The hostel has a very casual and welcoming feel just like staying at a friends house. Facilities and location are great.

• 6th Sep 2014

The Doctor's House was just about perfect. The place was friendly and spotless, and Cat really makes sure that her guests have whatever they need. If you can handle a hike up the hill, this is the place to stay.

Probably our favorite hostel of the many we stayed in on our trip! Gorgeous building with very clean, comfortable rooms - the extra money for the 6-bed dorm is worth it for the amazing view from the balcony! Extremely comfortable beds with privacy curtains, reading lights and outlets. Great atmosphere (local craft beers in the fridge help with making new friends), and Cat is such a welcoming and helpful host. Hope to come back someday for a longer stay!

This hostel is awesome even if it is not in the "old town" Hostel vraiment top : convivial, propre, les rideaux sont très appréciables dans les dortoirs, les casiers assez grand, Cat est adorable et le must est qu'il y a tjr des bières au frais :) Par contre il n'est pas dans l'hyper centre.

• 4th Sep 2014

Location was OK, but it was quite a steep hill to get there, so if you arrive with a backback, taxi is recomended. Once inside, you might be as lucky as us and get the balcony with view over the city, priceless! During late night when the balcony was closed, the smoking section was moved inside, and this proved to be a failed concept since alot of ppl visiting is not so keen on the smoking. Wifi was very poor. Only 3 toilets for quite a large nr of beds so queue buil up was inevitable

I loved it there. Rooms are amazing! Cat is a legend and the common areas are beautiful. We played poker till late in the night, got great travel advise and the beer was good! I'd definitely return!

Cat, the hostel owner, is amazing - she organises anything you want her to and shows you cool places to go out in town. The beds give privacy with curtains but the dorms still have a great social atmosphere, and everybody can chill in the kitchen or lobby to make friends. We had such good nights here :)

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Cat was the nicest and most helpful person, you could possibly imagine!! She gave us advises on everything and helped with the organisation! I recommend this place to everybody!

Cat is a great and helpful host whose hospitality made my friend and I feel like staying at home. The hostel itself is clean and well-equipped, and its view is marvelous (as it is on a hill). Definitely recommend people staying there.

Our stay at The Doctor's House was amazing! The description about the way from the train station ws easy to understand and we were warmly welcomed by Cat, who is a great host. (!!!) The Hostel is up a hill, so I would definetly recommend taing a taxi from the cathedral if you have heavy luggage, otherwise it is no problem to walk. The location bring a beautiful view along as well :) The Doctor's House felt like a visit at a friends home and I totally recommend it! Everything was clean and nice

• 29th Aug 2014

One of my favourite hostels, the staff really go the extra mile to help you have a great time

« first « Prev 1 2 3