The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great place with a beautiful view and incredible facilities. It's a relaxed, quiet and communal hostel.

great host, wonderful location, nice view, interesting people, good beer, always something to do and can only recommend this place to everybody! thank you cat!

We were on our way to the next festival in Budva after Exit in Novi Sad so stopping by in Saraevo sounded good enough. We fell in love in with the city and the hostel. The staff (Cat) was there to welcome our exhausted souls, clean them and let them fly calmly to the next festival.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

This is the most stylish hostel we have stayed at! It has really unique features which made our stay extra comfortable. The walk up the hill is worth it for the views from the terrace/balcony. I was even lucky enough to have a view of the city from my own bed, which was wonderful to wake up to. Cat is the perfect host, with loads of great advice for bars/sight seeing and is always happy to help. I couldnt fault this hostel on anything, even the towels smelt amazing. Thanks Cat!

A very and friendly cosy hostel- with everything you could need. Cat who runs it is very helpful, and will do all she can to make sure the stay is enjoyable. She will book on you on tours, and direct you to the best places to visit, restaurants to try and nightlife to enjoy. Sarajevo is a fantastic city, and the Doctor's House is a great place to base yourself whilst you discover what it has to offer.

• 13th Jul 2014

I have stayed in many hostels and this was the BEST hostel i have ever stayed in. Great location, extremely secure, and clean! The owner, Cat, is super friendly, helpful to all her guests and just super awesome! She has created a very nice atmosphere and ambience in the hostel. The beds are extremely comfortable. Each bed has a light, sockets, a locker, and privacy curtains!!! Such attention to detail! I cannot recommend this hostel enough. STAY HERE!!!!!!

• 11th Jul 2014

My friend and I only stayed here one night, but it was great! The staff was amazing and super helpful. It was very welcoming and friendly and we met great people here. Would definitely recommend to anyone else traveling to Sarajevo (truly a hidden gem).

• 9th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels ever (and i've stayed in a lot). Cat is an amazing host, very helpful in recommending things to do in the area.

Cat is amazing and she runs an amazing hostel. She welcomed me with coffee and a nice chat about Sarajevo and other cities where she had lived. Although I spent just a night there it was enough for me to feel completely at home. The place is cozy, comfortable, very safe and full of any facilities you need. The location is an advantage as well.

I cannot recommend this place enough. I have never felt so comfortable and welcome anywhere. Cat is a great host and she can signpost you to plenty of interesting things to do/see/eat. It is a bit out of the centre (and I emphasis A BIT. It's really not a big distance) and in the very scenic hilly part of town. So it is perfect because it's quiet and peaceful at the hostel itself, but you are only 5/10 minute walk from the centre of everything. I could say more but there's no more space.

I only stayed one night but this hostel had great company and great facilities. The staff was very friendly and helpful in showing me how to navigate the city. I would definitely recommend the Doctor's House!

Definitely would return to and recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Sarajevo!! The lovely owner Cat enhanced our experiences traveling in Bosnia so much as she gave us many valuable suggestions of things to do (ie. beautiful hikes, restaurants, local bars). The room we stayed in (10 bed dorm) was very clean, modern and comfortable. Access to a good kitchen and new bathrooms. Hostel is a good 10 min walk up a steep street so Id advise taking a taxi when you first arrive with bags :)

• 26th May 2014

Only stayed one night due to an fully booked itinerary, but this seemed like a good place. Both me (visited ~100 hostels in total) and my girlfriend (not so many) enjoyed it. Facilities were very nice, staff friendly & helpful. Not so many other people there, which of course may be good or bad pending on set of mind.

Cat will make your stay in Sarajevo so relaxed and easy! It's a beautiful and clean hostel with great attention to detail and a great balcony view over the city. Definitely worth the walk up the hill! Cat will provide all the tips you need to make your stay in Sarajevo fun and informative.

This doctor's house is definitely Worth the hike(s) up the hill. One of the best I've ever stayed in, even without the extra warmth and welcoming hospitality.

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Fantastic local recommendations throughout my 5-day stay in Sarajevo from the hostel's owner, Cat. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the location, a 10-minute walk from the centre, allows for fantastic views.

• 19th Apr 2014