The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I highly recommend you stay at this hostel! We were greeted at the door by a very friendly Bosnian girl who made us feel like home. She gave us a really good map reading and showed us some really cool spots to get food and coffee. (and her winged eye liner was on point!) The hostel is very clean and comfortable and is situated in an extremely good location with an amazing view. The rest of the staff that we soon came to meet are also extremely friendly and very helpful.

I really liked staying here. Staff was friendly and helpful and had great suggestions on what to do around the city. It's a little hike up the hill to the hostel, but the view from the upstairs balcony is totally rewarding.

great hostel. cat is really lovely and helpful. probably not quite enough bathrooms. sometimes had to wait. hill up to the hostel is massive, but the exercise was appreciated.

Really enjoyed our stay here, Cat is amazing and really helpful, she went out of her way to make us feel welcome and organise things for us! The hostel is not quite in the centre of Sarajevo but the view is lovely and the location still makes it easy to access the city. Our room was spacious and clean and the bed was really comfortable! We didn't spend much time hanging around at the hostel but the people we did meet were really friendly.

Little bit up hill :( Good beds, nice common area, definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at Suggestion: towel hanger by the bed

An excellent hostel. It's fairly small so you get to meet a lot of the other guests. The owner, Cat, is really friendly and helpful and obviously still enjoys her job. The hostel organises events in the evening (not the tacky pub crawl variety) and tours. It's at the top of a steep hill but well worth the walk.

Great staff, great facilities and easy to meet other travellers. Loved this hostel and this city!!

The place may not be exactly downtown but that makes for a better experience since you stay at a quieter place at night. Not only the place is very good, but the staff is amazing. Felt more like a guest than a client. Definitely would recommend staying there.

Absolutely loved this hostel - has such a chill vibe. The kitchen is well stocked, the bunks tall (can sit up in them all!), lockers large...this hostel has been designed with backpackers/travellers in mind. The (short) trek up the hill is worth it - great location being up in a neighbourhood. Cat, you've thought of everything and only add to the backpacking experience! Stay here if you get the chance!

Awesome hostel, great city, killer vacation.

I cannot think of a better place to stay in Sarajevo! Kat has done an amazing job of setting up the hostel, and the thought and care that went into the place truly shows. Yes, it is a littler further from the Old Town, but the view from the balcony is superb and without this location, I wouldn't have been able to explore Sarajevo's hills. Thank you for a truly amazing time!

This hostel is really clean with modern facilities. The hostel is located a 10 minute walk up a hill from the centre of town. Cat was incredibly hospitable and gave us lots of information on buses, trains tours and what to see in Sarajevo. The beds are set up perfectly with big beds, curtains and a lamp above each bed which was super private and comfortable.

I absolutely loved this hostel! Cat and the girls were so friendly and helpful ! They helped me change my travel itinerary to make the most out of my time in the Balkans! Really kind and sweet! Only downfalls is the wifi doesn't always work but that is so minor compared to the great staff and facilities! Every bed has a curtain to ensure privacy! Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Especially recommend to solo travellers !

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed at in all my travels all over the world. They have thought of everything- they're attention to detail made the stay so comfortable and enjoyable. It has a really special and cozy home-like atmosphere. It always depends who is staying, but I met lots of great travellers and had great nights drinking beers on the terrace or cooking meals together in the kitchen. Sarajevo is an incredible place and this was the best way to experience it! Thank you!

The staff here are great! She seamlessly even booked us our following hostel and tour in Mostar, we didn't have to do anything! The balcony view of the city from the 6-bed dorm is really great. Stay here if you can!

Located at the top of a hill, which means a bit of a hike to get home but great views. Curtains on the beds are a nice touch for privacy. Cat is super nice and helpful. The map she gave us had some great recommendations for food, drinks, sights etc. Would stay here again for sure.

The hostel is great and Cat is such a lovely person to welcome you to Sarajevo. Would highly recommend! The hill up to the hostel is pretty damn steep. But it's not long at all and totally worth it for the view and silence of being out of city centre.

Amazing, quiet hostel with the friendliest staff you could ask for. The entire hostel is small enough for everyone to easily meet and chill together on the terraces. Great kitchen and everything was perfect. Great for solo travelers. Thanks!

Great hostel. The staff are lovely and the view of the city is beautiful. Would definitely stay here again.

Great place to stay in a great city. You really feel at home and get to know the alternative side of Sarajevo.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4