The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The staff at the Doctor's House are so nice and helpful. The hostel is halfway up a big hill, but backpackers should be used to hiking so it won't be a big deal. Facilities are clean and the hostel has a cosy feel to it. The staff even cooked dinner one night and saved me some because I was out late! Great place to stay in Sarajevo.

• 24th Jun 2015

Kat was wonderful and very informative, recommending great bars, places, and events to go to around the city. The rooms are clean and the curtains at each bed are a nice touch that give you the privacy you wish for in a hostel. Overall great experience and I highly recommend it.

Perfect hostel. Medium sized, great atmosphere, beds were so comfortable. 10/10, two thumbs up!

Super clean, good facilities, awesome people. If you're going to be visiting Sarajevo, stay here, hands down.

Amazing hostel!! Loved the concept of the Doctor's house! Cat is also really friendly and helpful!!

Cat and the whole staff were so wonderful. From a beautiful hostel in a great location to excellent tips and guided tours to some of the best sights in Sarajevo, especially places you most definitely won't see on tourist sites, this place has it all. I didn't want to leave! Thanks for a great time cat, I will absolutely be back :)

• 11th Jun 2015

Cat was amazing. She is full of knowledge and definitely a friend to all her visitors. The hostel is a small hike up from town but it is a clean and comfortable stay with great views of the city. Cat loves to meet new people and we enjoyed this about her very much

Thank you cat and Sarah fro a lovely stay at the doctors house, I couldn't have asked for better hosts Cheers Brian

• 9th Jun 2015

Lovely hostel, felt very welcomed by the family

The Doctor's House may be the most friendly, welcoming hostel I have ever stayed at. The hostel itself felt like a home and had many nice little amenities. Privacy curtains, plugs, and reading lamps on all the beds are a great touch. Cat and Idina treated everybody like family. They were always willing to help whether it was restaurant or bar recommendations, suggesting day trips, or helping find a ride to the bus station or airport. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Sarajevo.

• 24th May 2015

Absolutely amazing! I give everything 100% at this hostel. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and private, there were plenty of bathrooms, a really good kitchen, nice big lockers, an incredible view of the city, and not to mention the amazing staff! Cat is the best! Trust me, if you're visiting Sarajevo then this is the place to stay! It's only about a 5 minute walk into town and the hill is well worth the stay! A must see! If we come back to Sarajevo then we will definitely be back!

Really cool little hostel, Cat was amazing and told us everything we needed to know about Sarajevo, good atmosphere and good location, can't ask for much more. Definitely stay here again.

I love that the bunk beds have both privacy curtains and an individual power point. Lockers are huge. Quiet rooms led to a great night's sleep!

WOW! So many good things that I could say about this hostel, but so little space. I've never rated a hostel 100%, but Cat and her staff more than deserve it. You are treated more like a friend staying in her home rather than a guest at a business like many hostels. Unique, off-the-beaten-track outings are set up virtually every day and night, and are very well organized. Facilities are amazing and spotless, and the views are well worth the climb up the hill.

The best hostel I've been too! It may be a little hard to get to but it's so worth it for the view over the city. Not to mention the staff are awesome and the rooms are very cozy. My boyfriend and I liked it so much we returned a few days later for another two nights!

Great spot, really enjoyed my stay and it was a very comfortable bed

The hostel is well located (the view from the terrace is great, and the neighborhood is quite). It is well-equipped, and I liked the privacy-curtain system on the bed. But the best was definitely the staff, the owner really goes the extra-mile to make you feel welcome!

This is a beautiful hostel right in the heart of Sarajevo. It's definitely one of the warmest I've stayed in, with owner Cat always looking for ways to make your stay better, both in and out of the hostel. It feels more like a home than most places, which was so welcoming after 10 hours on a train to get there. You can also walk pretty much everywhere, but if you don't feel like it, cabs are inexpensive and they'll be happy to call one for you. I loved it here and would definitely return!

• 29th Apr 2015

Great views from the hostel's balconies over centre of Sarajevo, which does mean a steep 10min walk up the hill but it's worth it for the view! The beds are also really cosy with your own fully enclosed privacy curtain, with personal light and plug socket.

Spent 6 nights and was totally satisfied. The curtains by your bed make you feel like you have your own room, yet you still get to meet people around the house. And oh the mattress and pillow were so good it felt bad to come back home. Staf f is just great and you feel warm and welcome, get good tips and help with whatever you need with. Nothing to complain about. Best dorm I ever been to!