The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I loved the place. Great staff and perfect facilities - enjoy the view above the city from the Balkony.

Fantastic new hostel in Sarajevo. Cat is the consummate host with a wealth of knowledge and visible passion about the city. She even put up with our snow day shenanigans. Can't wait to return.

This place is amazing. It over looks all of Sarajevo and is in a perfect spot for amazing sunsets. It's really nice how they run their own tours through Sarajevo. Definitely the place to stay if you come here.

Kat is an excellent host. We enjoyed everything she recommended my group do while we were in Sarajevo - great bars and restaurants. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 26th Mar 2015

Cat has worked hard to make the atmosphere and practicality of her hostel absolutely prime. It's perfectly equipped for a traveller, has a lovely place to sit and hang out on the terrace overlooking the city, there's a kitchen to use, free tea and coffee, and one morning Cat even shared her homemade cinnamon rolls! She is a host in every sense of the word; finding me a place to sleep when I wanted to extend, but the house was full. I so look forward to returning to Sarajevo, thanks! 'Twas great!

Just back from a fantastic 5 day stay at The Doctor's house in Sarajevo. The location although up a hill is in a quiet, safe neighourhood and within a 5 minute walk of the nearest shops and food outlets. Cat the owner and her staff were brilliant and arranged a couple of nights out to sample local Bosnian life, which were great fun. Comfortable rooms with a breathtaking view across Sarajevo. I loved my stay there.

Great Hostel pretty much downtown. The walk uphill is fine, 5min of exercise never killed anyone. Cat, the owner, is a true gem. Highly recommend.

We had a lovely three nights at the Doctor's House! I've stayed at hundreds of hostels and this one ranks near the top of the crop in my books. Beautiful views being perched just above the old city, easily walkable from all there is to see, and the hostel itself was very cozy and welcoming. Craft beer in the fridge was a nice touch! Cat was a great host and always there to help and answer all of our questions. Looking forward to our next stay...

Cat really is the best you can imagine. She'll share all her knowledge about the city (and other things) with you. The first morning she made pancakes for all the guests, even though 'breakfast is not included'. She's really passionate about the whole thing. It's a life style for her, not just her job. GO THERE!

I loved the place. The owners and staff are great people to spend time with. The rooms were really nice (comfortable) and clean. It is really close to the main viewing sites and places that you want to visit in sarajevo. Great atmosphere, really cosy and not expensive at all with an awesome view. I really recommend this place.

• 13th Feb 2015

Best view of Sarajevo from the dorm. Cat fosters the best atmosphere for her guests and we all had a lovely morning swapping stories over pancakes. We were given great advice about the sites to see in and outside town, the best bakeries to visit and helpful local weather info! Dorm beds were extremely comfy and we had no problems walking up the hill. Hills are a part of Sarajevo!

The Doctors House is a brilliant hostel. A very homely atmosphere, good facilities and located well within the city. A special mention has to go out to Cat who was excellent, she was very accommodating and helpful - her tips and knowledge of the language made our trip that little bit easier! I 100% recommend The Doctors House to anyone travelling to Sarajevo and will hopefully return again some day myself.

• 31st Jan 2015

my only problem was with the location-- it's straight up a hill so get ready for a hike, which is not always great after a night of drinking. other than that, Cat was lovely and the place is great!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Cat is by far, the best host in all of Europeland. To top off the staff that have created a home-like atmosphere from which no one ever wanted to leave, throw in spectacular mountain/city views from the balcony and intensely spotless. The location is brilliant, just a good workout from the cathedral. Not only would I stay here again and again, I would move here. This is the hosteling gem of Sarajevo.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Cat has thought of everything from the privacy bed curtains, to the kitchen supplies, to the beer chart. It's located in a nice neighborhood which has all the necessary shops, restaurants, groceries, atm, etc. It's a short walk down the hill to the city center which can seem far, but when you're home and need some peace and quiet, being that distance away really helps. Also, the view of sarajevo from various parts of the house will blow you away.

• 28th Dec 2014

Put simply this a great hostel. You will not regret staying here. It is clean, secure, friendly and comfortable. Finally , the owner (Kat) sprinkles a little bit of fairy dust which makes this hostel extra special. Thank you for a great stay and look forward to returning soon.

I felt like I was coming to visit my old friend, Cat, the owner. She has a way of making you feel at home and welcome. I found it wasn't uncommon to have meals and conversation with her during my stay. She has done a great job with the hostel and I cannot recommend The Doctor's House enough.

Great hostel! One of the best I've been.

Fantastic clean rooms! Cat the owner was so lovely!

Great hostel, easily one of the best in europe, really friendly staff who are more then willing to give you ideas on what to do and see in sarajevo, plus excellent beds with nice privacy with the curtains. Great for meeting people between the common room, free tea and coffee, microbrew beers, and even got free food arranged by cat and the other guests

• 9th Nov 2014