The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Absolutely amazing! I give everything 100% at this hostel. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and private, there were plenty of bathrooms, a really good kitchen, nice big lockers, an incredible view of the city, and not to mention the amazing staff! Cat is the best! Trust me, if you're visiting Sarajevo then this is the place to stay! It's only about a 5 minute walk into town and the hill is well worth the stay! A must see! If we come back to Sarajevo then we will definitely be back!

Really cool little hostel, Cat was amazing and told us everything we needed to know about Sarajevo, good atmosphere and good location, can't ask for much more. Definitely stay here again.

• 21st May 2015

I love that the bunk beds have both privacy curtains and an individual power point. Lockers are huge. Quiet rooms led to a great night's sleep!

WOW! So many good things that I could say about this hostel, but so little space. I've never rated a hostel 100%, but Cat and her staff more than deserve it. You are treated more like a friend staying in her home rather than a guest at a business like many hostels. Unique, off-the-beaten-track outings are set up virtually every day and night, and are very well organized. Facilities are amazing and spotless, and the views are well worth the climb up the hill.

Great spot, really enjoyed my stay and it was a very comfortable bed

The hostel is well located (the view from the terrace is great, and the neighborhood is quite). It is well-equipped, and I liked the privacy-curtain system on the bed. But the best was definitely the staff, the owner really goes the extra-mile to make you feel welcome!

This is a beautiful hostel right in the heart of Sarajevo. It's definitely one of the warmest I've stayed in, with owner Cat always looking for ways to make your stay better, both in and out of the hostel. It feels more like a home than most places, which was so welcoming after 10 hours on a train to get there. You can also walk pretty much everywhere, but if you don't feel like it, cabs are inexpensive and they'll be happy to call one for you. I loved it here and would definitely return!

• 29th Apr 2015

Great views from the hostel's balconies over centre of Sarajevo, which does mean a steep 10min walk up the hill but it's worth it for the view! The beds are also really cosy with your own fully enclosed privacy curtain, with personal light and plug socket.

Spent 6 nights and was totally satisfied. The curtains by your bed make you feel like you have your own room, yet you still get to meet people around the house. And oh the mattress and pillow were so good it felt bad to come back home. Staf f is just great and you feel warm and welcome, get good tips and help with whatever you need with. Nothing to complain about. Best dorm I ever been to!

stayed in a private room for one night- everything was very clean, and comfy. The walk up the hill from the main street is QUITE a hike, but other than that the location is great and Cat did a great job with recommendations and helping us get the most out of our short time. Also had the most amazing views of the city. We'll definitely be back!

I loved the place. Great staff and perfect facilities - enjoy the view above the city from the Balkony.

Fantastic new hostel in Sarajevo. Cat is the consummate host with a wealth of knowledge and visible passion about the city. She even put up with our snow day shenanigans. Can't wait to return.

This place is amazing. It over looks all of Sarajevo and is in a perfect spot for amazing sunsets. It's really nice how they run their own tours through Sarajevo. Definitely the place to stay if you come here.

Kat is an excellent host. We enjoyed everything she recommended my group do while we were in Sarajevo - great bars and restaurants. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 26th Mar 2015

Cat has worked hard to make the atmosphere and practicality of her hostel absolutely prime. It's perfectly equipped for a traveller, has a lovely place to sit and hang out on the terrace overlooking the city, there's a kitchen to use, free tea and coffee, and one morning Cat even shared her homemade cinnamon rolls! She is a host in every sense of the word; finding me a place to sleep when I wanted to extend, but the house was full. I so look forward to returning to Sarajevo, thanks! 'Twas great!

Just back from a fantastic 5 day stay at The Doctor's house in Sarajevo. The location although up a hill is in a quiet, safe neighourhood and within a 5 minute walk of the nearest shops and food outlets. Cat the owner and her staff were brilliant and arranged a couple of nights out to sample local Bosnian life, which were great fun. Comfortable rooms with a breathtaking view across Sarajevo. I loved my stay there.

Great Hostel pretty much downtown. The walk uphill is fine, 5min of exercise never killed anyone. Cat, the owner, is a true gem. Highly recommend.

We had a lovely three nights at the Doctor's House! I've stayed at hundreds of hostels and this one ranks near the top of the crop in my books. Beautiful views being perched just above the old city, easily walkable from all there is to see, and the hostel itself was very cozy and welcoming. Craft beer in the fridge was a nice touch! Cat was a great host and always there to help and answer all of our questions. Looking forward to our next stay...

Cat really is the best you can imagine. She'll share all her knowledge about the city (and other things) with you. The first morning she made pancakes for all the guests, even though 'breakfast is not included'. She's really passionate about the whole thing. It's a life style for her, not just her job. GO THERE!

I loved the place. The owners and staff are great people to spend time with. The rooms were really nice (comfortable) and clean. It is really close to the main viewing sites and places that you want to visit in sarajevo. Great atmosphere, really cosy and not expensive at all with an awesome view. I really recommend this place.

• 13th Feb 2015