The Doctor's House Reviews

Pehlivanuša 67, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Without a doubt the best hostel in have stayed at during my trip. Cat is an amazing host. Always going above and beyond for her guests. The facilities are always clean and comfortable and the location is amazing. The best place to stay in Sarajevo!!

Kat, the owner is a great, friendly and helpful host. [She lives there, so she cares about the place!] The hostel had a very chilled out atmosphere (in a good way) when I visited. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Sarajevo, who is interested in learning about this city's impressive history.

I can not say enough good things about our stay at The Doctors House. From the moment we stepped in the door and were greeted with a smile. Cat the owner was amazing, would do anything to help make our stay enjoyable and easy, from recommending sights to see, restaurants and bars to check out and even organising transport to check out the many interesting places of Sarajevo. The hostel has a very casual and welcoming feel just like staying at a friends house. Facilities and location are great.

• 6th Sep 2014

The Doctor's House was just about perfect. The place was friendly and spotless, and Cat really makes sure that her guests have whatever they need. If you can handle a hike up the hill, this is the place to stay.

• 6th Sep 2014

Probably our favorite hostel of the many we stayed in on our trip! Gorgeous building with very clean, comfortable rooms - the extra money for the 6-bed dorm is worth it for the amazing view from the balcony! Extremely comfortable beds with privacy curtains, reading lights and outlets. Great atmosphere (local craft beers in the fridge help with making new friends), and Cat is such a welcoming and helpful host. Hope to come back someday for a longer stay!

This hostel is awesome even if it is not in the "old town" Hostel vraiment top : convivial, propre, les rideaux sont très appréciables dans les dortoirs, les casiers assez grand, Cat est adorable et le must est qu'il y a tjr des bières au frais :) Par contre il n'est pas dans l'hyper centre.

• 4th Sep 2014

Location was OK, but it was quite a steep hill to get there, so if you arrive with a backback, taxi is recomended. Once inside, you might be as lucky as us and get the balcony with view over the city, priceless! During late night when the balcony was closed, the smoking section was moved inside, and this proved to be a failed concept since alot of ppl visiting is not so keen on the smoking. Wifi was very poor. Only 3 toilets for quite a large nr of beds so queue buil up was inevitable

I loved it there. Rooms are amazing! Cat is a legend and the common areas are beautiful. We played poker till late in the night, got great travel advise and the beer was good! I'd definitely return!

Cat, the hostel owner, is amazing - she organises anything you want her to and shows you cool places to go out in town. The beds give privacy with curtains but the dorms still have a great social atmosphere, and everybody can chill in the kitchen or lobby to make friends. We had such good nights here :)

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Cat is a great and helpful host whose hospitality made my friend and I feel like staying at home. The hostel itself is clean and well-equipped, and its view is marvelous (as it is on a hill). Definitely recommend people staying there.

Our stay at The Doctor's House was amazing! The description about the way from the train station ws easy to understand and we were warmly welcomed by Cat, who is a great host. (!!!) The Hostel is up a hill, so I would definetly recommend taing a taxi from the cathedral if you have heavy luggage, otherwise it is no problem to walk. The location bring a beautiful view along as well :) The Doctor's House felt like a visit at a friends home and I totally recommend it! Everything was clean and nice

• 29th Aug 2014

One of my favourite hostels, the staff really go the extra mile to help you have a great time

The owner Cat is absolutely amazing. Possibly the nicest, most helpful person you could have working at a hostel. She arranged everything we needed. The beds were great, loved the privacy curtains! Pillows were a buy hard but the view from our balcony made everything worth while. Best view in Sarajevo.

We had a wonderful stay here! Cat was very welcoming and her place is very clean, spacious and homey. Every backpacker need is accommodated for. Individual power points, bed lights, massive lockers, big kitchen with free tea, coffee and other essentials. The curtains on the super comfy beds are a nice touch and I had a view over beautiful Sarajevo from my bed! Also great spaces to socialize but not noisy. Definitely stay here - a great city with a great hostel!

This hostel is quite close to the cathedral, although the hill is VERY steep. Facilities are amazing and the staff is really kind and helpful. The balcony on the top floor has a nice view.

Love this place. It is very clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Each bed had a reading light and outlet which was great. Would definitely stay here again. I wish all hostels were this good.

This was one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms were spacious and immaculate. The dorms were comfortable and the curtains were a great addition. The owner, Kat, was lovely and gave us lots of useful information. Her Mum's breakfast was particularly good. Would definitely stay there again when visiting Sarajevo.

Nice place, Kat is amazing, the best beds in Europe in my opinion.

This hostel is owned and run by an amazing young lady that loves her job and loves people. This creates a great, welcoming and friendly athmosphere of the place. Also objectively, there is really nothing to complain about, the place is new so the facilities, furniture everything is flawless. I have stayed in many hostels and this one belongs to the best of them.

Cat is a really nice person, and you very quickly feel at home. Waiting for you in lebanon cat!

• 29th Jul 2014