8.5
Fabulous 403 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 403 Total Reviews
The Downtown Hostel Located at Kiralyi Pal utca 5-7, , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest 1053 Kiralyi Pal utca 5-7
85% 403
47.4894559 19.0591603
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
19th Jul 2016

Ewa, the host was awesome. She took her time in explaining options around the city. She has great people skills. Place is really close to the metro station making it easy to arrive and leave. Highly recommend.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

I stayed three nights at the downtown hostel. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it. Staff were helpful and hostel is well situated, close to restaurants and the city market. Ewa was an excellent host, and lives in the hostel so is around when you need her.

27th Jun 2016
7.1

Basic place to sleep. No ambiance. Noisy in early morning. Kitchen only has single burner so difficult to cook a meal. Asked for a single bed or lower bunk. Got a double bed and charged for two beds.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
20th May 2016

The host treats you more like a friend than a visitor, which to me made me feel like I was home. It's in a perfect location, not too far from buda or pest sides. You have pubs in front of you, malls, and convenient stores, The beds are super comfy and you have a disposable kitchen to use. Great stay wish I could have stayed longer!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
6th May 2016

We loved staying at the downtown hostel. It was the first time on our trip where we felt like the hostel staff actually cared that we would see the best parts of the city and have a great time. Staying at the hostel feels like you're staying at a friends apartment in town. Was lovely. If we're back in town- we'll definitely be staying here again.

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
6th May 2016

I broke my phone and the staff kept helping me to figure out some good stores to fix it. He never stops helping me and treating me like a friend. I am really thankful to the staff and this hostel is nothing but absolutely excellent

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
17th Apr 2016

Really cool hostel, felt clean and great location. Hostel owner was very helpful and gave us loads of information about the city. Would stay here again!

14th Apr 2016

This place is like home away from home. If you are looking for a party hostel, this isn't for you. If you are looking for somewhere you can come back to and relax and talk amongst the guests, this is the perfect place for you. Martin is extremely welcoming and excellent at telling you the best sights of Budapest and some hidden gems you wouldn't normally get from the chain hostels.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016

Amazing hostel. We felt like at home :) Thumbs up

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2016
7.1

Good hostel, I enjoyed my stay, especially because I had a private room. I found it secure, as you have a room key and the front door is double-locked. There is a washing machine and full kitchen, and even hair dryers for your hair. The staff weren't really around all weekend, and everything was fine, but it makes you feel a bit self-conscious. Saying that they respond very quickly to emails so you can be fairly confident they will be there for you.