The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Best hostel I have been to! Thanks to the amazing staff!

• 12th Dec 2014

I loved this Hostel! I left and ended up coming back. I was welcomed by the staff like family. The hostel is a bit out of the way so I often ended up just relaxing at the hostel, which has a great pool and bar. The Breakfast is as big as you'll see at any hostel, though costs $8,000 COP. The Internet can be spotty and the kitchen isn't the best. All in all I recommend it as a great place to relax and make friends!

I had a great time here, even it was just for one night! The whole atmosphere including staff and surrounding was really great! ;) I would definitely come again and than for longer! ;)

What a fantastic hostel this is - so friendly, clean and a brilliant atmosphere. We stayed in a 10-bed dorm with our friends before taking a private and both were clean with comfortable beds. Food is good but the drinks are overpriced for what you get. It's a taxi ride to the main nights out and into town but only 6-15 pesos so it won't break the bank. Definitely stay here!

Dear traveller, Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Dreamer specially our beds and food. Our location allow very easy access to Tayrona park and nearby attractions like Minca or Concha beach and only a short taxi ride (less than 3$) when you feel like to enjoy the night but coming back for a quiet sleep!! Hope to see you soon again, has been a real pleasure meet you! See you soon at the Dreamer hostel Fulvio

The pool area, bar and kitchen were all great places to hang out and meet other travellers. Room was clean but since it only had a fan it got very hot. Bathroom was clean but the showers were terrible. Good location close to a bus stop and supermarket.

Dear Traveller, Thanks for your nice review, we are glad you liked our pool, bar and kitchen! All of them has been purpose built to allow an easier interaction between people! It s strange you found clean the bathrooms and less clean the showers as are cleaned at the same time (every few hours all day long) so you may were just unluky with the previous person using the shower Hope you'll enjoy the rest of your trip and come back soon to S.Marta! Dreamer Hostel team.

I have no bad things to say about The Dreamer hostel. I went there for parties and it totally delivered. The pool and social area being located centrally from the rooms provides a great social area for everyone, and the bars happy hours are great. It's quite far from clubs/bars, but it doesn't matter as the best bars are a distance from the other hostels anyway. The staff are amongst the friendliest I've come across, and will even tolerate you doing a naked pool jump at 4am (to some degree).

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Dear Traveller, thanks for your nice review! we are so happy you had a great time in our hostel! Even if we do not consider ourself a party place we do want people to have fun and make new friends...our social area has been built to make it possible! by the way we do not tolerate naked pool jumps at all! only the night staff were not fast enought that night to avoid it! Enjoy Colombia and come back soon to S.Marta!! Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

Seriously one of the best hostels I've stayed at -- very clean, great services on site, chill vibe.

Dear traveller, Thank you very much for your good feedback about our hostel and the serviced provided by our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the near future so you can enjoy another good experience at the Dreamer!! See you soon! Fulvio

The layout of the hostel is fantastic, delicious food, excellent staff. I have nothing but good things to say about this place.

Dreamers Santa Marta was a great hostel. Perfect location if Tayrona is your destination. We stayed there for a night, and the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly.

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much for your good feedback and good comments about our location and staff! Maybe for your next stay with us you can experience our fantastic hostel in Palomino and enjoy the beach there and some activities there like tubing or indigenous villages visit... Come back soon Fulvio Dreamer hostel team

It was great at this hostel!The staff was awesome and friendly,helpfull. The atmosphere was great! Breakfast buffet was good and the food of the restaurant was also good!Had a great time here.the only thing is the hostel is far from the center,you have to take the bus or taxi 5000pesos. Recommended hostel!!!!!!!!

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much for your feedback and good comments about the hostel and our facilities. It is true that our atmosphere is great... easy when people like you are around Hope to see you again soon in Dreamer S.Marta and Palomino!! Fulvio Dreamer hostel team

Was a really cool hostel with great staff. Only down points were that the restuarant food was disgusting. Definitely best to buy your own groceries and cook. Fridges are never cleaned out, and the music can be repetitive and loud. Otherwise an awesome chilling spot with amazing staff!

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much for your feedback and good comments about the hotsel and our staff. I do apologize that you didn’t like the food the night you tried it, I already informed the chef about the issue, I have to say that almost everyone usualy love our food! Maybe for your next stay in the area you can experience Dreamer Palomino and the great seafood served there. with regards to the communal fridges we do clean it daily and cleaning staff work hard to keep the hostel nice!

First of all, staff is lovely! So helpful and nice. Location very good next to the most beautiful beaches in the area like Bahia Concha and Neguanje (Playa Cristal). Very Good value for money. Very clean, spacious and spotless rooms, great facilities (good bar with cheap drinks, nice hangout places. Also nice The Dreamer in Palomino

Booked 1 night, ended up staying 6! After initially using the Dreamer as a base for starting the Ciudad Perdida trek, I decided to stay here between other trips to Minca and Tayrona. Every time I came back it was like coming home! Every staff member knows you by first name basis and you feel they are your friend. Gustavo, in particular was extremely helpful and efficient. He helped me out with organising all my trips and does everything with a smile!

• 24th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, although I sometimes found the music a bit annoying. Therefore it depends, what you are looking for. However, the location is great to get to Taganga, Tayrona Park or Palomino

it was just WONDERFUL, REALLY A DREAM!!! the staff, location the owners, the food... really fantastic

Dear traveller, Thank you very much for your feedback, taking a moment of your time to share your experience with other travelers is something we highly appreciate!! Keep on dreaming! See you soon, Fulvio Dreamer hostel team

If you are traveling alone this place is great to meet people. Super fun, clean and the pool on a hot day is life saving. The rooms also have air condition which was totally necessary. Also the pizzas were great. thy actually roll out the crust instead of making them from pre made crusts. The beer prices were also very fair. I would recomend getting a room with an ensuite. Also the staff were very helpful and have a great sence of humor. Loved my time here!

Dear traveller, Thank you very much for staying at Dreamer hostel. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback. We are very happy to know that you liked our staff and all the facilities. Also so happy to hear you loved our food!! Maybe for your next stay with us you can experience our new Dreamer hostel Palomino, amazing and unspoiled beach. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Fulvio

This hostal is located on the outside of Santa Marta but in a good location to explore the surrounding area. The hostal entrance is secure and the staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The hostal offers all kinds of tours and activities during the day and night ensuring you will not be bored. I enjoyed the happy hour and socializing at night. The pool, garden area with hammocks is beautiful.

Dear traveler, We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding our security and facilities, having an "open style" hostel allows a lot of space for relaxing and a cooler environment! Our big garden is actualy what make the Dreamer a unique hostel! Our staff is happy to deliver the best possible service to our guests so they can live a wonderful experience while in S.Marta. Come back soon! Fulvio Dreamer hostel team

Loved this Hostel!!! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, everything at The Dreamer was wonderful, but the absolute best thing was the staff and of course the patrons Fulvio and Esther were also great. They were always friendly, helpful, and smiling, and they made our time at The Dreamer feel like visiting really great, fun friends. The food was excellent and it had a great atmosphere. Great location for those trekking to Parque Tayrona, Minca and even the "Lost City"

We used the dreamer as our home base while exploring the Caribbean coast. We were able to store most of our luggage there while we took day trips or multi-day trips to minca, the desert, etc. The staff-tony, Gustavo, and Diego-were extremely nice, helpful, and always remembered our names. The food at the hostel is authentic Italian (the owner imports cheese from Italy). It was a nice break from the typical fried fish and plantain. We would definitely go back!

If you're looking for a place to hang out for a while and just relax, not looking for outside/sightseeing activities, the Dreamer is perfect. The owner have created a "hostel paradise" you don't want to leave. The bad side: you will spend a lot of money here! It's also a consumer paradise with very good food and a bar right next to the pool and rooms which makes you want to consume more and more. Very smart business model, friendliest staff, really perfectly managed hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7