The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff.

I stepped through the door and felt like in a beach club. Really good atmosphere, friendly staff and everything you want (pool, bar billiard, tv, huge common area, ...). The kitchen could be a little better equipped, but you find all the basic stuff and stone there is a really good and cheap restaurant inside the hostel, you don't need it that much. It is rather a party hostel, so it can be difficult to find a nice place to read in the evenings.

• 21st Jun 2015

Food, wifi, beds, lockers, kitchen, pool, bar, prices. 100/100 They tought about every little detail. I wish we could lock our rooms but the lockers are big! The bathrooms get a little dirty and the pool is clean in the morning but it gets dirty quickly because everyone is in it all day. It's a perfect location to get to the park and they offer some tours, but there isn't much to do in Santa Marta itself. Staff is great. It's still a party hostel but they close the bar at 12 so everyone leaves!

great place to chill and meet people (only trouble is that often there are many groups so sometimes was intimidating compared to a smaller hostel). staff were amazing and really went out their way to help you. expensive but worth it!

Really? What an amazing hostel! Everything was perfect from staff in reception to staff in the kitchen, the food, the rooms...it was all great!!!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I love this place! In our eyes it is a backpackers' resort. They have a bar, pool and food services. You don't even have to leave the hostel. The staffs were extremely friendly and do really try to remember your name. I definitely will recommend this place.

Party hostel full of teenagers to early twenties getting as drunk as possible... so if that's what you want this hostel is great. Good sized rooms, lockers, good common areas, nice pool and bar and an excellent restaurant. The staff are super helpful and friendly. We weren't fans of the constant kid parties so we changed hostel but that's obviously our personal choice :) the location is bad, 15-20 mins taxi to the beach/centre which costs 10,000-15,000 each way. Get a room with air con!

This palce was really awesome. The only problem is that is so nice, I didnt actually get out and see the area so when I returned to SM I chose to stay elsewhere so id have more motivation. They have a great pool and bar so its a really fun atmosphere and easy to meet people. You are most liekly to run into British travellers here though. Id say 90%!

Impossible to fault this place which is why it felt like home for 2 weeks while we explored around Santa Marta. Colombia is our last stop in SA an this place is the best we've stayed in. Staff are amazing!

Only complaint is that the air conditioning in the rooms turns on too late there is no where to escape the heat! But other than that it's great!

This is a great place... Esther is a nice person and you feel at home.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

I've stayed at many hostels, and I have to say this is the greatest hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff is amazing Diego, Fabian, and Gustavo. The pool and the overall facility is great too. The crowd that this hostel attracts is quite diverse but mostly young backpackers looking to have a good time. I really enjoyed my stay here, and actually stayed here much longer than I planned just because I enjoyed the staff, place, and the people I met so much. Highly recommend.

Staff were great and very helpful - even spent 20 mins on phone helping us book a flight. Rooms nice and pool great woukd definitely recommend

• 4th Jun 2015

Great backpacker hostel with a really good chilled out vibe. They have a pool, bar, restaurant and pool table along with a kitchen for budget travellers. All this for a ridiculously cheap price! Great location for visiting Tayrona. Enjoyed my stay very much!

Partyhostel. Loads of young kids. Super friendly staff. Don't book the minca 'tour' but arrange a cab for 4persons for the entire day.

The hotel was a dream and the personal was really nice!

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Fun place, great atmosphere with excellent staff, would thoroughly recommend although make sure you have a room with AC. Plenty of activities and a great onsite bar and restaurant means the only problem is watching your budget. Great for relaxing

Very good hostel! Super clean kitchen with all cooking equipment and clean bathrooms as well - staff clean round the clock. Didn't buy food as made the most of the rarity that is a nice kitchen! Pool is great... Would recommend. Only 15/20 min hike to bus station and the hostel is the most accessible to Minca and the coast.

Wifi, beds, staff and restaurant were great. The staff really made an effort and the restaurant was easy and nice food. The whole place looks amazing! Unfortunately the bathrooms aren't that great. The whole time we were there a door in the toilet was broken, and the showers don't have shower heads, but that doesn't even bother you when your hot from a long day.

This hostel would have to be up there with one of our favourites in our 6 months of travelling Sth America. The staff are AMAZING and learn your names and go out of their way to help you with anything and everything. The atmosphere is very social, but yet we could hide away in our a/c room if we wanted a quiet night too and have a good sleep. We used the Dreamer as our base to visit the surrounding areas (Minca, Tayrona, Palomino etc) and loved coming back to the Dreamer each time. Stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7