The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Wonderful hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. Good facilities, nice pool, good bar. Great if you want to meet people or if you just want to relax and read in a hammock

One of the best hostel I know!

• 29th Aug 2015

The best hostel in santa marta, delicious food, good ambiance, the best staff!

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Colombia

Very nice hostel, I only stayed one night, but everything was fine, got to talk to people and felt much better than in other hostels in Cartagena.

The hostel itself is one of the best in all of South America. It's pretty easily the best in Colombia. The only hitch is that it's not really near anything but a mall. As such, there's no reason to leave the hostel. Yes, they offer tours, and it's a great base to start Tayona, but it's a ways from the old town. If this hostel were somewhere like Medellin, Cartagena, or even Salento, it would be the best hostel anywhere.

Diego, Nine and Tony were fantastic and made us feel right at home!! Would recommend to anyone. We returned 3 times! Food was lovely and well worth the money for the portion sizes.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at in terms of atmosphere/staff. The pool is clean and fun and really brings people together, an easy icebreaker. The food is good, the bar is fun, etc. I highly recommend if you are looking to meet backpackers. The staff is super helpful and have a bunch of info and tour connections as well. I had an amazing time staying here!

• 23rd Aug 2015

As mentioned in other posts, it's a fair distance from the town of Santa Marta, otherwise no complaints.

Superb hostel! The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, the bar and pool area are great spots to chill out and meet like minded fellow travelers and the food is fantastic and inexpensive 10/10

“The Dreamer Hostel” belongs definitively to one of the best experiences we made in Colombia! To make a long story short: If you planning to visit Santa Marta, then I would recommend you strongly to stay at the Dreamer Hostel! The first impression was awesome, the staff at the entrance gave us a warm welcome and we felt directly comfortable (they remember every single guest name!). Also the rest of the stay was perfect: Bar, pool, cleanliness and our rooms where great! THANKS! :)

• 21st Aug 2015

The Dreamer Hostel has been one of the nicest hostels I have ever been to. Especially the staff is very very friendly. They even remembered our names one week later when we came back to have another one of their delicious juices from the restaurant. If you go to Santa Marta I will definitely recommend you this hostel. If I could I would go back immediately!!! Special Greets to Diego

This hostel has everything you need, I mean literally everything! Restaurant, computers, tv room to watch movies, hammocks, pool table, swimming pool everything! That being said, it's almost like a trap and you don't really want to leave (still a good thing). If you want to relax and do nothing then it's a great place.

Great base for Tayrona National Park! Fantastic staff, who were really helpful! Would stay again!!

If you are looking to meet people this is the right place! They have a nice pool, great food and nice staff! If you are looking for a colombian experience it might not be for you, only foreigners staying there.

The best hostel we stayed in south America. Great to chill by the pool in the day, excellent cooking facilities and all in all a perfect place to stay. Good to party from too as they organise nights and have cheap beer behind the bar. Friendly and funny staff

• 18th Aug 2015

Staff is really friendly! Rooms are ok. Amazing pool! I would def recommend this hostel.

Brilliant hostel. It's clean, comfortable, the food is great and the staff are awesome. It has just the right balance of a chilled/party atmosphere. I was very grateful to be able to take advantage of the washing facilities after the Lost City trek. Special shout out to Diego and Laura. Location is slightly out of town but this can be both a positive and a negative. Would recommend to anyone. Opt for a room with air-conditioning.

• 16th Aug 2015

This is one of the best hostels I have visited at Colombia and for me it's number 1. All is completed. Security, staff, rooms, enviroment, atmosfere. Compliments and you should visit this hostel. Absolutely recommendation to go there.

Amazing place, swimming pool is great, bar and activities are awesome, restaurant is perfect. But the best has to be the staff, very helpful and great fun. Thank you

One has to be impressed. In spite of the numbers of guests , the entire operation runs like a clockwork. The staff is caring , never seems overwhelmed , and manages most if not all issues rapidly and with friendly competence. It's a great starting point for tours, such as the Lost City tour or day trips. There is a good in-house restaurant. While located away from the town center, however, it's near the airport and just a few minutes' walk from a grand and modern shopping mall .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7