The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Hostel is actually very nice... But we got disappointed by a few things. Problems with water in our room. After fixing it the toilet stopped flushing. Sh*t happens, but I would have appreciated to get some apologies. At check out we noticed our bill was incorrect as well. Some meals and drinks we didn't order were on it. After all: clean and nice hostel, but staff could have done better.

The Dreamer was a great hostel. We stayed in a deluxe private room for 2 nights (AirCon) and then a standard private for 1 night (fan only), with a trip to Parque Tayrona in between. They have a large room to store luggage if you only wanted to take a daypack on the hike (highly recommended). Not a lot to do immediately surrounding the hostel, but there are a ton of day trips/activites that can be scheduled with the front desk

Great hostel. I stayed here three times on my travels and staff where always friendly and exceptionally helpfully. Amazing breakfast, clean pool, fun activities and great atmosphere.

Friendliest staff I have ever met in a hostel. The place is a Little paradise.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel with lots of chillout area's, bar, pool, kitchen and restaurant. The hostel is close to a huge mall with supermarket. Very friendly staff!

Everything was great except for some of the staff working at the reception. One guy and girl were pretty rude when one asked them questions.

Had a very good time here! Very relaxed atmosphere and all great staff. Leaving and picking up my luggage was easy and no problem. Definitely would visit again!

Pool is nice, staff is pretty helpful with helping you get around.

Can't really fault this hostel. Only thing is that the bar and kitchen and day trips could be cheaper but with a supermarket, plenty of cheap eateries nearby and the public buses passing right by the hostel, its easy to keep to a budget.

Easily the best hostile I've ever stayed in. Helpful knowledgeable staff, good cheap food and drinks, clean, safe, and excellent activities that end at just the right time to ensure everyone gets some sleep if they need it. Highly recommended to all!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Cool Hostel, Pool and bar area makes for great location to chill and meet. Staff are really good and always remember your name. Buffet breaky is great to

Great staff and atmosphere!

• 14th Aug 2014

After being at Dreamers I know why has been voted best hostel in Colombia, keep up the good work!!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Amazing hostel! The staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful - they always remember your name. rooms are very clean! I would recommend dreamer hostel to travellers of all types of budget. The pool is a nice treat and there is a huge shopping centre only 5 minutes walk away to buy groceries for cooking. Dreamers is beautiful!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. It's got everything you'd need with a swimming pool, pool table, really good food, loads of tours and a football court out the front. On top of this the staff are as good as you'll find, really friendly and always wiling to help out. I would definitely recommend The Dreamer to anyone visiting Santa Marta.

We had no expectations except the praise from fellow travelers. The dreamer lives up to it´s name. We felt at home and a bit pampered. The atmosphere was energetic and fun. We are travelling with our 11 year old daughter and even she felt comfortable. The staff was extraordinary, Their knowledge of many languages was appreciated. Diego, was exceptionally helpful and attentive. A Wonderful place to rest and explore northern Columbia. Diego also gives good back rubs!!´

• 9th Aug 2014

2nd visit. loved it just as much as the last time!

The Dreamer is an exceptional hostel: the facilities, location and atmosphere are great. It is definitively the place to stay in Santa Marta.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at, we loved it so much we extended our stay. The staff is always ready to help, they are friendly and remember your name making you feel at home. The bar staff is awesome. The pool, courtyard and bar bring travellers together, with games. The food is really really good. There is a supermarket and shopping mall 5 minutes away with a foodcourt. The only I would suggest is ar conditioning in all the rooms, because it is really hot.

The best hostel I've stayed at. The staff are awesome, as is the food, the bar, the pool, the hammocks, the general vibe and the people you meet travelling through. So much so, I stayed a week longer than planned.

• 4th Aug 2014