The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Great place to stay! Booked one night and ended up staying for three nights. Great staff and pool area. You never have the leave the dreamer because they have everything you need with a restaurant open all day. Easy place to meet and socialize with other travelers. It is just a short walk down the road to the main street where you catch the bus to Tayrona.

A really cool gringo style hostel, some of the staff were a bit grumpy (cooks). Great common places creates a cool atmosphere.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Chile

LOVED this hostel!! A little pricey, but geez you do get what you paid for. Highly energetic, helpful and friendly staff who always remember your name, a great atmosphere which is certainly helped by the bar and the pool by the bar. It would be nice to have breakfast included in the price, as the food is also slightly pricey, but again, you certainly get what you paid for. Recommended.

I am a colombian and I have to say is one of my favorite hostels. The enviroment is great and the Staff is really nice and helpful. I would definety stay in this hostel again. My only recomendation is to bring a lock for the locker

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Staff were rude at times. Also, they were unable to take a return booking over the phone without a deposit (despite having stored all my things including my passport in the hostel).

Even though this hostel makes Santa Marta look amazing, the lack of air conditioning in the rooms ruined my stay. It was so hot, humid, and stuffy in the room (even with the fan on) that it made me sick (the losing-your-lunch kind of sick). I tried sleeping outside on the hammock, which was equally hot, although with a slightly stronger breeze, but the mosquitos bothered me all night (and I was still sick). No amount of friendly/cool atmosphere can make up for poor sleep.

Dear traveller, Thanks for taking the time to write the review, we are happy you enjoyed the atmosphere at the hostel. A good sleep is very important for us, most of our rooms has aircon but not the one you choose, keep in mind to ask for aircon during your next trip. We look forward to see you soon Fulvio Manager, Dreamer Hostel

Had the best time at this hostel. staff is really nice and really helpfull, Diego helped us out a lot of times and made our stay even better! this is the best hostel i have ever been to. it´s really clean, security is really good and especially the atomosphere is really good! if you are in Santa Marta you have to go to this hostel.

• 13th Jul 2014

Dreamer Hostel in Santa Marta is a very nice place to stay! Especially the staff is super friendly and helpful!! They are very motivated and they enjoy to work there!! They know the names of all the guests and that is almost 5-star hotel service!!! The staff gives also very useful advises! The rooms are nice and clean with comfortable beds! It's a good place just to relax and to chill out! When I return to Santa Marta I will stay at the Dreamer Hostel again because I had a very brilliant there!

Staying at Dreamer Hostel was like a dream. The staff are exceptional and treat you like a member of your family. From the moment you walk in, everyone remembers your name and go above and beyond to be helpful. I accidentally booked the hostel for the wrong date and they gave me water and called around town to find me another room since they were fully booked. And then on the nights I did stay there, they were helpful in connecting me with attractions and booking my next hostels for me.

• 8th Jul 2014

I pretty much loved everything about this place. It was essentially a self-contained resort, which was perfect for my boyfriend and I after running around all week in Colombia. The food was excellent and it had a great atmosphere... especially for a younger crowd... think mid-late twenties to early thirties scene. Loved the bar and the bartenders. Would come again. Great location for those trekking to Parque Tayrona.

Great hostel set up for all the attractions around Santa Marta. Staff are really helpful with everything from spring your bags and valuables to helping plan your trips. Great pool bar area and cooking facilities to boot with a large supermarket 10 minutes down the road.

I had a great time at the Dreamer. In my opinion it was perfectly situated for all of the things we wanted to do in Santa Marta - being close to Tayrona National Park, Ciudad Perdida, Minca and Taganga. We used the hostel as a hub, leaving our bigger bags in the storage room and returning in between different overnight excursions. The staff were super friendly and helpful. They were able to answer all our questions and helped us book trips and transportation to everywhere we wanted to go.

My boyfriend emailed the Dreamer months before we arrived to see if the could help with organising something for my birthday. The organised a bottle of chilled Veuve Clique Champagne. A bouquet of flowers and a private lunch and dinner on our terrace. Thanks to all of the staff. No matter what their role, they do everything with professionalism, passion and a smile. Best hostel in SA! Hope to see you again one day x

The Dreamer hostel has definitely been the best hostel we've stayed at during our stay in Colombia. Located just outside the city center of Santa Marta it has been the perfect base for us to spend our last 1,5 week. From here we've been doing trips to Tayrona Park and Minca (both 2 days) and the staff has been very helpful to organize all of this. The facilities are very good and the atmosphere is great! Special thanks to Esther, the bar crew and the annoying Colombian guy at the reception ;-).

Used it as chill out period after 3 hard weeks of moving everyday and I found it easy enough to keep to myself which was surprising considering how lively the atmosphere was. Good meals too

Great hostel which has just about everything you need. A bit out of the centro but big supermarket nearby.

Great hostel! Relaxed atmosphere, great pool and good rooms. Diego & Gustapo were very helpful and friendly with booking our flights!

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff is the best I´ve met during my half year trip in south america

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Israel

Friendly staff really good atmosphere and good people. Just the best hostel in colombia

Had so much fun!! So easy to get stuck here as the hostel has literally everything you need and with a really good atmosphere mostly because the Staff are really great! Especially Harry and Diego they make you feel so welcome and at home as soon as you arrive! Cracking playlist too..

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6