The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Hostel with great pool, bar and vibe. Very easy to meet other travelers. Only drawback: Location (out in the 'burbs of Santa Marta). Bathroom mopping could also use a little improvement. The floors of the bathroom were always wet.

My stay at the dreamer was amazing. Not only are the facilities top notch but the atmosphere there was always good. The staff were probably the best part of they stay, every single one of them was friendly and happy to help in any way possible. They even had volunteers that organized events and worked behind the bar and they all became close mates. Best hostel I have stayed in Colombia if not ever. You guys rock!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Damn I love this place. Amazing people and reat atmosphere. Hostal is beautiful and location is perfect just before going to tayrona, minca or St Marta. Activity organiser was the best and either gay or a gf back home cause treated everybody equally despite all the pretty women there... Bar personal was good too. Great bringing back memories. Miss you guys!

• 21st Jan 2015

FANTASTIC staff. They were so friendly and helpful. They made you feel right at home.

• 17th Jan 2015

This place is amazing!!! I was going to mention some of the staff members by name, but to be honest, all of them were just absolutely amazingly helpful and friendly! I had such a great time here, and they even took care of my stuff while I went and visited Tayrona for a couple of days, so I didn't have to bring it all with me. Just go there, and see for yourself how amazing they all are!! Plus be sure to do the Chiva tour!!! :)

• 16th Jan 2015

Dreamers is absolutely the best hostel we found in all of Colombia!! Highly recommend a visit.

very clean, super breakfast buffet, most helpful staff and all of them remembered the names of almost every guest!!! 4 bed dorm a bit tiny, 10 bed dorm very noisy, 6 bed dorm was perfect for me. nice bar with cheap drinks and activities they offer activies like scuba diving, a day at the beach, minca, .... big shopping mall 5 m located a bit out of town, but for 5000COP by taxi you're at the harbor. only 3 showers and 2 toilets

Great amenities, beautiful outdoor pool area to hang out at. Easy to meet other travellers. Make sure you check your bill at the end of your stay though! I checked it half way through, asked them to take off a meal I didn't order and then didn't re-check when I paid at the end of my stay, discovering afterwards that they hadn't taken the charge off. Event and bar staff were great but the front desk staff always seemed to be doing something more important than any questions I had.

Very well run hostel with excellent facilities and a great swimming pool. The staff are also wonderful.

We used the dreamer as our home base while exploring the Caribbean coast, easy day trips to Tayrona Minca and Concha. Clean and confortable. Supermarket very close, nice staff. Palomino Dreamer was also very good.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Loved this hostel!! It was one of my favourites.. The staff really make this place, they are so helpful and happy and there is a great atmosphere and I loved the pool and nice rooms.

Amazing. Staff was extremely friendly. Cheap meals and great people. One of the top hostels I have ever stayed in.

We stayed at the Dreamer two separate nights in private rooms to book end our trip to the Lost City. The hostel is very nice and has a great communal feel centered around the pool and bar, but the location feel far removed from the rest of Santa Marta. Good: Good sized private rooms Enjoyable public spaces Bad: Unreliable wifi Location

This is the best hostel I have stayed in so far! We stayed longer than planned and were sad to leave. I would definitely recommend it! Great food! Great atmosphere! Great staff! If you're in Santa Marta you must stay here. It's a little paradise inside. They play futbol with some of the local kids every night and the staff are very relaxed!

THE STAFF ARE THE BEST STAFF I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN A HOSTEL!!!!!!! Only complaint is that the dorm I was in was super hot and they claim they have ACs but its only in a few rooms the other ones have fans and its too hot. Staff are the best and the restaurant and food is good!

Fantastic hostel! Has its very own Italian restaurant, and although you have to pay for breakfast (only 8500 peso) it's one of the best breaky's I have had at a hostel. Staff also very friendly. Bathrooms were a bit filthy, but all other pro/ outweigh the con.

The best hostel we stayed in on our trip to Colombia. The atmosphere is amazing, the staff are fantastic and the pool is awesome. Great place to meet people. Although it is a bit far outside the main centre you can get a bus / taxi.

Great hostel with some of the best staff ive come across..a bit far from city centre but tacis are cheap enough

The staff, though very flirty, were very nice and helpful. It's a typical hostel in a lot of ways, lots of booze, lots of hooking up.....I must say it was a good experience come bedtime. They shut down the bar at midnight, which is nice for people who actually want to sleep. The backpackers staying there seemed to "get it," and, despite staying in a 10 bed dorm, I was happy to find everyone in the room was respectful of quiet time.

• 29th Dec 2014

The Dreamer is a good place to meet other travelers, but not great if you want to experience Colombia or Colombian culture. It is a 15 minute taxi ride to the center of Santa Marta, set in the outskirts of the city. It is close to the bus terminal and colectivos to other towns. They use a tab system to keep track of your drinks, meals, etc. I am pretty sure I was over charged but the staff denied it. It is kind of a your word against theirs sort of thing since you never sign any slips.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7