The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

A friend and I came to Santa Marta for visiting surroundings (Tayrona and Minca), and we decided to trust the good reviews the hostel had. And we couldn't choose better! It offers a perfect mix of good vibes nice, clean and comfortable facilities, kind and helpful staff, awesome food (the Dreamers Hamburger and the Burritos are just MmMmmmm... ) and a swimming pool waiting to help you forget about the heat. Definitely one of the the best hostels I have visited so far.

• 29th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel and personal

Feels like one big mixed family I love it here and I will definitely come back thanks dreams for making my stay amazing

• 29th Jul 2015

Everything was great! A lot of hospitality and good vibes

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Peru

This hostel is really nice and clean. They do ok meals and have a kitchen if you want to cook for yourself. There is a supermarket in a mall pretty close for most of the things you need. The staff are really helpful, I didn't realise laundry was 24 hours and I was going to the lost city the next day they managed to get my laundry ready for me to take. The bar is open until about 12pm so unless you are a deep sleeper you won't get to sleep before it closes as the music is quite loud.

Best hostel we have stayed in all our Central/south America! Diego on reception is a legend- best customer service! I think he's the heart and soul of this place, and when you meet this giggly fellow you'll know why. Great private room- clean, good AC, TV. Great facilities- pool, restaurant, bar. Good hostel to meet ppl or just chill out. We based ourselves here for lost city trek and tayrona so left our bags here and came back on 3 separate visits. LOVED IT!!

Beautiful hostel, with very helpful and friendly staff. It's well designed, with everything centred arundaround the pool. Good food and good beer only help matters more!

• 26th Jul 2015

The dreamer in santa marta is best hostel in santa marta. The staff look after you and the people here enjoy the good vibes. If you need to get to the local attractions, everything is organised right at the reception. They also have a great kitchen, where you can order food at your convinenience. Ester the hostel owner is a great laugh and she is very down to earh. Big up up the receptionist staff, they are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 21st Jul 2015

Really amazing resort-like hostel. It's definitely a party hostel though so keep that in mind. Had a great time here.

This is by far one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in. The atmosphere was great, extremely sociable without the party scene. The staff was fun and nice and remembered each guest. The rooms and beds were fine, pretty standard. I'd stay here as a base for other adventures again. Santa Marta itself isn't really a destination so it's possible to stay inside the hostel and never have to leave if you need to recover from an activity.

The hostel is a great retreat from traveling. If you need to escape to a secluded area than this is your spot, but if you want a more cultural experience this is not your hostel since you could be anywhere in the world. But the amenities and food were great, and the pool was fantastic.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great hostel, with a fantastic atmosphere.

Like many travelers at the Dreamer, I booked for 3 nights, and ended up staying for 7. I highly recommend this place. The rooms are clean, and AC is good, the staff is friendly, and the pool/bar area encourages a great sense of community. The only caution I would give is book this place in advance. It fills up quickly!

This is a great hostel as a stopping point between outdoor adventures surrounding Santa Marta. Staff was super friendly and the food was surprisngly good. My only issue was that many backpackers clearly only wanted to hang out by the pool rather than explore Santa Marta or AT LEAST grab dinner outside of the hostel. Would have liked to have met others that wanted to immerse themselves in the culture.

This is the most incredible hostel in Colombia! Definitely the best I stayed in. Perfect stop for planning your tours to Tayrona, Minca, costeño and palomino. Diego from the reception is so helpful and is so close to all visitors that you always feel like home in the dreamer. I took the dreamer as a base for tayrona, costeño beach and minca and always returned afterwards because of the vibe. Thanks a lot, Diego &Team. You are awesome

• 13th Jul 2015

Great venue, excellent location and information to visit the most important places in Santa Marta.

• Colombia

BIENVENIDOS A GRINGOLANDIA!! It´s a good hostel, but their food is a bit pricey. I went when they were fully booked. So don´t expect the staff to be avaliable to make small talk with you, you might end up queing just to check in. Nice place to stay, just didn´t enjoy it too much due to personal reasons.

Hostel was great with really friendly staff and sociable atmosphere abs activities. Only issue was with staff trying to charge room on arrival and leaving but cleared up.

Hostel was fantastic.....however shuttle bus to cartegena just left me on the side of the road and did not drop me to my next hostel even though they were supposed to!!!!!!

• 13th Jul 2015

STAY HERE!!!! 10/10 Best hostel you will ever stay at in your whole life time! The staff are so friendly and welcoming that they make you feel right at home and are more then happy to help you with any information.. Nine at reception is the most beautiful, gorgeous, funny, intelligent, caring person in the world! She helped us book flights for 2 hours when she wasn't even working. Diago is an absolute legend and Tony get the freshest hair cuts you will ever see, and the manager is super hot!

• 10th Jul 2015