The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Professional welcoming stuff, very polite and caring people at the reception who speak great English and who let people know abt tayrona park and other attractions, they do their best to meet your needs and I think it was the best for me as I am 22 year old female, traveling alone. Safe place, excellent location to go to tayrona park. Recommended!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Russia

I had a nice stay here. The hostel is far from de city center/beaches but on the other hand it has everything in it: bar, restaurante, pool, an open area. The neighborhood is nice as well and there's a commercial centre near. It's a good place to rest for a couple of days between one trip and another.

Loved the hostel, they help you find your way in and out of santa marta. When you come back from your tour it feels like coming home!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Great Hostel and staff!

Comfy beds, excellent food, fun and helpful staff. It's like an oasis with everything you need at you fingertips. Close to the Simon Bolivar museum and Buenavista shopping centre. Perfect location for catching bus to Tayrona National Park and Palomino. Daily fun activities organised.

• 18th Sep 2014

Overall I'd say this place is incredible! It's a gorgeous place with its courtyard, pool, bar and restaurant. Very easy to meet people with programmed activities at night. The one negative thing I'd add is that one of the staff made an offensive joke upon discovering my ethnicity.

• 17th Sep 2014

Excellent Hostel! The best!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel!! It's nicely removed from Santa Marta and all the surrounding area is super accessible. The staff was awesome and helped us plan activities and we just used the hostel as a base point. Nice chill atmosphere, clean with great common space and there is always stuff going on. My only complain is that they don't want you to bring your own beers in and so you are forced to buy them At the bar but this was pretty minor. Totally check out this hostel!! It was awesome!!!!

Had the most incredible stay at dreamer hostel! The staff are so lovely and helpful, also the rooms are realllllly nice and clean Would 100% recommend staying here loved this hostel can definitely say it's my favourite hostel after 7 months of travelling :)

At first I ended up booking another hostel and got there and it wasn´t what I thought it was going to be. So I booked The Dreamer and I was very Happy with the outcome. All the staff there are really nice!! Esther the manager there has a smile on her face at all times and is ready to help you with any questions you might have.. Also Brandon, Diego, Tony and Gustavo are Great!!! I also enjoyed the lay out of the hostel. The swimming pool is in the middle and the rooms surrounding. Nice Set Up!

The Dreamer is an excellent hostel to stay in as a launching points for trips to places such as the Ciudad Perdida, Tayrona, Minca etc. Facilities are very good, the place is clean and well run and has a fun and social vibe. Staff were very friendly and willing to help. To be clear, however, the area surrounding the hostel and Santa Marta itself do not seem to have much to recommend them to travellers - you stay here as the best place to sleep, eat and drink before you head off elsewhere.

I love staying at the Dreamer. Being able to take a swim in a clean pool on a hot day is essential in Santa Marta. The two-story common area is spacious and comfortable unlike some small cramped hostels. Every night there are activities or drinking games. The staff is amazing and feel like friends rather than strangers. The pizza is delicious. The first time I stayed here was about 4 years ago and its incredible to see how many improvements they have added over the years.

Great hostel for chilling out, we planned on staying 2 nights but ended up staying 5 and then went onto the Dreamer Palamino for a 2 night stay. Both really nice & well run hostels. Highly recommend.

• 8th Sep 2014

This place is so good..we came stayed came back to it 3 times! Staff are very friendly and helpful, food is really good and the volunteers (particularly Ian) organise great bar games. Overall the place has a great atmosphere and would definitely recommend it.

• 8th Sep 2014

Great Resort Hostel Hybrid, I have stayed here three times now and love it every time. Highlights include a wonderful pool bar and restaurant area, and fairly reliable internet facilities. There's also a great tv room and a few guest computers. Comfy hammocks and a guest kitchen too. But above all is the staff, especially Tony. Great activities too and tours. Close to most buses to Tayrona and elsewhere. Luggage storage. Perfect home base.

Fantastic hostel! Staff here are amazing. They provide you with lots of helpful information on how to get to surrounding national parks, minca, and other near by tourist places. You can leave your bags and valuables in a safe place to do overnight trips. We left our camera behind and Esther posted it to us in Medellin. She organised the whole thing and waS very helpful. The hostel has a pool to cool off in, kitchen and a supermarket near by. Also close to key bus routes!

Hostel is actually very nice... But we got disappointed by a few things. Problems with water in our room. After fixing it the toilet stopped flushing. Sh*t happens, but I would have appreciated to get some apologies. At check out we noticed our bill was incorrect as well. Some meals and drinks we didn't order were on it. After all: clean and nice hostel, but staff could have done better.

My favorite hostel so far! Great pool, bar, restaurant, rooms, and staff! Really pleasant experience. If you're planning to go into Parque Tayrona, it's a great starting and ending point and you can leave your bags there! You're going to want a good night's sleep and a pool after a few nights in the park too.

The Dreamer was a great hostel. We stayed in a deluxe private room for 2 nights (AirCon) and then a standard private for 1 night (fan only), with a trip to Parque Tayrona in between. They have a large room to store luggage if you only wanted to take a daypack on the hike (highly recommended). Not a lot to do immediately surrounding the hostel, but there are a ton of day trips/activites that can be scheduled with the front desk

Great hostel. I stayed here three times on my travels and staff where always friendly and exceptionally helpfully. Amazing breakfast, clean pool, fun activities and great atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7