The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

The hostel is a great retreat from traveling. If you need to escape to a secluded area than this is your spot, but if you want a more cultural experience this is not your hostel since you could be anywhere in the world. But the amenities and food were great, and the pool was fantastic.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great hostel, with a fantastic atmosphere.

Like many travelers at the Dreamer, I booked for 3 nights, and ended up staying for 7. I highly recommend this place. The rooms are clean, and AC is good, the staff is friendly, and the pool/bar area encourages a great sense of community. The only caution I would give is book this place in advance. It fills up quickly!

This is the most incredible hostel in Colombia! Definitely the best I stayed in. Perfect stop for planning your tours to Tayrona, Minca, costeño and palomino. Diego from the reception is so helpful and is so close to all visitors that you always feel like home in the dreamer. I took the dreamer as a base for tayrona, costeño beach and minca and always returned afterwards because of the vibe. Thanks a lot, Diego &Team. You are awesome

• 13th Jul 2015

Great venue, excellent location and information to visit the most important places in Santa Marta.

• Colombia

BIENVENIDOS A GRINGOLANDIA!! It´s a good hostel, but their food is a bit pricey. I went when they were fully booked. So don´t expect the staff to be avaliable to make small talk with you, you might end up queing just to check in. Nice place to stay, just didn´t enjoy it too much due to personal reasons.

Hostel was great with really friendly staff and sociable atmosphere abs activities. Only issue was with staff trying to charge room on arrival and leaving but cleared up.

Hostel was fantastic.....however shuttle bus to cartegena just left me on the side of the road and did not drop me to my next hostel even though they were supposed to!!!!!!

• 13th Jul 2015

Nice hostel with nice vibe and superstaff!! If you wanna go somewhere special come to this place!!!

• 9th Jul 2015

Visitors were kicked out after midnight, especially when we were not making any noise. Laundry came 2 hours late.

This might be the best hostel I've ever stayed at, all things considered. The staff are constantly busy dealing with tall, skinny, blond gringos like myself, yet somehow remembered my name, where I was from, where I had just visited, and where I was going next. I also had a special kinship with my main man, Diego! But I really felt at home, here. I stayed in both private and dorm rooms, and both suited me just fine. Thank you for everything!

Great atmosphere, felt as though I was staying at a resort.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Would rate it over 100% if possible!

Great hostel! Really enjoyed staying here.

staff were very welcoming with great attitudes and always positive, diego, ester, tony and gustavo and the rest of the group. very good location and the poil made the soaring temperatures much more dealable

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Although it was hands down on of the best places i have lived in specially in regards to cleanliness and how nice the staff was and the atmosphere. I would say that i saw most of the people just staying the hostel the whole day and not going out The pool and all the facilities are awesome and they make you so comfortable with food and everything else that you kind of tend to just stay in the hostel.

The staff are absolutely exceptional and the vibe is amazing. I definitely recommend everyone to stay here.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Fantastic hostel. Great atmosphere, beer and food can be added to your bill. It's well positioned for trips. Staff are lovely. Brilliant hostel.

Most amazing hostel people!!!! You must stay here. I'm currently at Dreamer as we speak on my second stay, because I loved it so much. Perfect place to meet fellow travelers, delightful pool, incredible buffet breakfast for only $9000COP, huge supermarket literally 2 blocks away to buy all the ingredients you will ever need, a perfectly equipped kitchen to cook said ingredients and most of all, lovely, helpful, happy staff. This place feels like home. I love it. HIGHLY recommend :) :) :)

The Dreamer Hostel was probably my favorite hostel of all my time in Colombia. It's also the first one I appreciated enough to bother writing a review for. The staff there are super helpful, welcoming, and accomodating. They all have great attitudes and go above and beyond to make sure you're doing okay. We had a bus to catch and didn't have time to get food from outside and the restaurant was closed, but Esther took care of us and made us go from hungry travelers to happy travelers.

• 30th Jun 2015