The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

i havent been welcomed in a hostel this friendly in a while.due to an error on hortelworld my bed was overbooked and i didnt read the kind email theyve send me rìght away. at first they offered me a hammock but in the end they told me there was a cancellation.later i fìgured out one of the employees slept in a hammock just so i had a bed.such a nìce thing to do!!apart from that there is a great atmosphere with lots of activities(partybus,salsalessons,poolvolley,quizes,movienights,tours)

• 16th May 2015
  • alindermaur2068

If you're making a business out of where people stay for a night, at least get comfortable beds and make sure your bathrooms work properly daily.

• 15th May 2015
  • Bolivia

Fantastic hostel. The staff are happy and informed, the cleaning staff work throughout the day (even though things still get a little iky in the showers), nice pool and activites every day. Great place to chill in the day and party at night. Highly recommend.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Big fridge for the food and the kitchen has a good size. Lots of hammocks and chairs to chill out. The pool looks refreshing but I haven't tried it because I doubt it is regulary cleaned. water pressure in this city is not really strong. No need to have hot water because it is so hot outside. I was in a 4 bed dorm and the lockers were really spacious. I had fun at the bar and played pool. Even if the party bus was cancelled we went to a club a had fun.

Just stay here. Really social but being old and pretty past it I did not go on the party bus or to the local clubs yet I was never disturbed by the people who did. Staff are all super helpful and friendly. Massive super market opposite to buy disappointing cheese. Great food served in house. TV area with lots of good films. Pools great.

The Dreamer is a great place. Its whole set up, with the rooms around the pool, makes for a very social place and its easy to meet other travelers. The pool is nice and the staff is great! The location is somewhat out of the center but s short taxi ride will get you anywhere. But then you probably wont even want to leave. The rooms are a bit dark and the beds are a bit squeeky but if all you need is a bed, theyre perfect. Only issue: the showers dont have shower heads.

Yes, this hostel is amazing for its facilities (kitchen, travel info, pool, activities) but the staff are what make it! They work so hard, are so friendly, and make you feel really welcome. Best staff of anywhere I've ever stayed. Thank you guys!

Beautiful, wonderful atmosphere, safe, clean, the best. If you want a party, you will definitely find that here. At the same time, it's not overwhelming- there are quiet spaces and the music ends at 12, so the dreamer really has whatever mood you would want. The staff (ESPECIALLY DIEGO) are amazing. They have partnerships with tour companies that take you pretty much anywhere you would want to go close to Santa Marta, and if they don't run a tour somewhere, they'll explain how to get there. A+

• 5th May 2015

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at during my 5 months of travel, it has everything you could want in a hostel, a great atmosphere plus fantastic staff who go out of their way to help you and make every moment fun! I'd highly recommend staying here :) only downfall is you won't want to leave!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and I've traveled a long time. Great rooms, amazing staff, great vibe, very clean and everything you could want from a hostel and more!

The best staff I have ever experienced in a hostel. Great spot to hang out near a pool and prepare for your lost city trek/relax after. Much better than La Brisa. One down side is you can't walk to many places nearby.

Really good hostel, its clean and staff is really friendly!! Make sure you book a room with airco!! It is really hot in Santa Marta.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. Was a good atmosphere with lots of things to do but also places to relax.

Amazing place to chill and for having vacation of vacation practically, good location,great restaurant and Best staff ever seen in my travels before!!Great facilities, all cleaned and new grass makes it look fancier!! Thank you guys!!!

SO GLAD there was AC in the room. Great pool atmosphere, and the cooks are the sweetest ladies ever

• 28th Apr 2015

I really liked the hostel, you have a good environment, the kitchen is reasonable, the restaurant has great options and the food tastes good, the dorm that I stayed was clean but there was only one electricity plug available for 6 people, I think you could improve it cause I had to charge my stuffs at the bar, the swimming pool is good. I don't remember the names of the staffs hat work at the reception, but they were very helpful and gave all informations that I needed.

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!! Nice pool hang out area!!

Perfect hostel!.. Everything I needed and more. Great for booking tours and great hospitality!

Stayed at the Dreamer for 7 nights with my GF. After reading all the great reviews it didn't disappoint. We stayed in a private room with ensuite. Apart from not having AC the room was great. During the day you can relax by the pool, which is amazing, very clean or lay around in a hammock. The kitchen has loads of choices, the pizzas are especially good. The front desk staff really go that extra mile in helping you out, also the Bar staff! Not hard to see why its won best hostel in Colombia!

Amazing staff and facility. My only complaint is the music begins at 9am and doesn't stop until midnight. Does it really need to be high energy all day long? Despite this I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Marta

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7