The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Best hostel we have stayed in all our Central/south America! Diego on reception is a legend- best customer service! I think he's the heart and soul of this place, and when you meet this giggly fellow you'll know why. Great private room- clean, good AC, TV. Great facilities- pool, restaurant, bar. Good hostel to meet ppl or just chill out. We based ourselves here for lost city trek and tayrona so left our bags here and came back on 3 separate visits. LOVED IT!!

Beautiful hostel, with very helpful and friendly staff. It's well designed, with everything centred arundaround the pool. Good food and good beer only help matters more!

• 26th Jul 2015

Really amazing resort-like hostel. It's definitely a party hostel though so keep that in mind. Had a great time here.

The hostel is a great retreat from traveling. If you need to escape to a secluded area than this is your spot, but if you want a more cultural experience this is not your hostel since you could be anywhere in the world. But the amenities and food were great, and the pool was fantastic.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great hostel, with a fantastic atmosphere.

Like many travelers at the Dreamer, I booked for 3 nights, and ended up staying for 7. I highly recommend this place. The rooms are clean, and AC is good, the staff is friendly, and the pool/bar area encourages a great sense of community. The only caution I would give is book this place in advance. It fills up quickly!

This is a great hostel as a stopping point between outdoor adventures surrounding Santa Marta. Staff was super friendly and the food was surprisngly good. My only issue was that many backpackers clearly only wanted to hang out by the pool rather than explore Santa Marta or AT LEAST grab dinner outside of the hostel. Would have liked to have met others that wanted to immerse themselves in the culture.

This is the most incredible hostel in Colombia! Definitely the best I stayed in. Perfect stop for planning your tours to Tayrona, Minca, costeño and palomino. Diego from the reception is so helpful and is so close to all visitors that you always feel like home in the dreamer. I took the dreamer as a base for tayrona, costeño beach and minca and always returned afterwards because of the vibe. Thanks a lot, Diego &Team. You are awesome

• 13th Jul 2015

Great venue, excellent location and information to visit the most important places in Santa Marta.

• Colombia

BIENVENIDOS A GRINGOLANDIA!! It´s a good hostel, but their food is a bit pricey. I went when they were fully booked. So don´t expect the staff to be avaliable to make small talk with you, you might end up queing just to check in. Nice place to stay, just didn´t enjoy it too much due to personal reasons.

Hostel was great with really friendly staff and sociable atmosphere abs activities. Only issue was with staff trying to charge room on arrival and leaving but cleared up.

Hostel was fantastic.....however shuttle bus to cartegena just left me on the side of the road and did not drop me to my next hostel even though they were supposed to!!!!!!

• 13th Jul 2015

Nice hostel with nice vibe and superstaff!! If you wanna go somewhere special come to this place!!!

• 9th Jul 2015

Visitors were kicked out after midnight, especially when we were not making any noise. Laundry came 2 hours late.

This might be the best hostel I've ever stayed at, all things considered. The staff are constantly busy dealing with tall, skinny, blond gringos like myself, yet somehow remembered my name, where I was from, where I had just visited, and where I was going next. I also had a special kinship with my main man, Diego! But I really felt at home, here. I stayed in both private and dorm rooms, and both suited me just fine. Thank you for everything!

Great atmosphere, felt as though I was staying at a resort.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Would rate it over 100% if possible!

Great hostel with spacious rooms, bar and pool. What really made it though for us were the staff. They somehow manage to memorise everyone's name and even remembered ours after a few days in Minca. Would highly recommend.

Great hostel! Really enjoyed staying here.

staff were very welcoming with great attitudes and always positive, diego, ester, tony and gustavo and the rest of the group. very good location and the poil made the soaring temperatures much more dealable

• 3rd Jul 2015