The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic time here. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Fantastic location and great value. We loves that they had a pool and plenty of hammocks!

From the moment we arrived everything at The Dreamer was wonderful, well equiped kitchen, facilities are clean, big swimming pool, the food is faire priced. Close to Tayrona and Minca for day trips! Totally recommend this place!

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

I loved my stay at the Dreamer. Had the best time ever!!! Hope to be back soon. Greetings from cold and rainy Netherlands, Fred

Pretty far from the center of Santa Marta, but a cool hostel, your cliche international spot. Always people drinking and bumming around the hostel, if you're into that sort of thing. The pool is more of a gimmick really. The rooms are all A/C which was nice. Staff was great and very helpful. We were missing a guy in our reservation and they didn't charge us for the cancellation. They speak mostly good English too. Good vibe in the place.

It's ideal if you're looking at Santa Marta as a pit stop in your travels -- conveniently located by the highway to catch appropriate busses. The Dreamer is also great if you're a young traveler looking to mingle with like minded folks.

Brilliant hostel, very good staff. Great vibe. Couple of excellent communal areas. Very cllose to Quinta San Pedro Alejandrino (Bolivar house) and other areas ( Minca and Tayrona NP) did not want to leave.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel set up for all the attractions around Santa Marta. Staff are really helpful with everything from helping with bags to planning your trips, Easy access to Tayrona and Minca from there. Great pool bar area and cooking facilities, large supermarket 10 minutes down the road

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your nice feedback about our hostel! we are happy you selected our house has a base for your day-trips around S.Marta! Also we are happy you loved our kitchen facilities, I saw you cooking everynight so next time I'll expect to try some... We hope to welcome you back in the near future in Dreamer S.Marta or at our other location in Palomino beach. Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

I fully enjoyed my stay at the Dreamers. The staff was most helpful and the environment inspired me a lot. I hope others will enjoy this nice hostel.

• 21st Dec 2014

Constant loud music all day can get on your nerves after a while...

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your last feedback. I am sorry to read that you were not able to enjoy the tranquility and relax that our garden and pool area usually offers! I'll pay attention on the music playing during the afternoon as usualy are chill out! Hope to see you back again soon. Fulvio, the dreamer hostel team

Really enjoyed this hostel, staff were super friendly and helpful. Kitchen was a joy to cook in. Common areas were nice and spacious. Wifi was perfect! very good location, everything is close, good beaches, big mall, MInca and Tayrona. Also you can leave your bags here if you wish to visit Tayrona/Lost City/Palomino.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your last comment, taking a moment to share your experience with other travelers is something we appreciate. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed all the facilities of the hostel and also that you have received a good service from the staff, all the team has been very happy to read your feedback. Also thanks for have been visiting our Palomino location, hope you enjoyed it in the same way you enjoyed our S.Marta hostel. Fulvio

This place is love-it-or-hate it. Great facilities and a very helpful staff make it a fun place to be. However, if you're not part of the late-night crowd, or if you plan to get up early to go to the Tayrona National Park or so, look elsewhere. The place plays loud music until midnight, and the no-noise policy isn't really enforced after that time. Bummer - could have been a great experience!

Overall a really nice hostel. Plus: good food, pool, linen, english speaking staff who were very helpful (1 annoying one!) only COP6,000 to centre as way out, good kitchen, opposite a massive shopping centre and bus stops Minus: way out of the town, wifi was terrible, only worked if you were up at the crack of dawn before everyone else, cold water showers- in private room was poor, communal were good and modern

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for staying at Dreamer Hostel Sta.Marta, It is always a pleasure to receive positive review. We are very happy that you liked our property, facilities and staff, the location is the best if you want to enjoy the main attractions of S.Marta, easy, cheap and fast to get everywhere specialy Tayrona! Sorry about Wifi, we have 2 different networks that usualy work well but during the busiest hours connection can be slower then normal. See you soon, Fulvio

Atmosphere is great, staff is really friendly, and overall excellent place to stay!

Ignore the "Closest Hostel to Tayrona" Marketing these folks do. Tayrona is a long way away from any hostel, it makes little to no difference. So ignore that when selecting a place to stay, its just good marketing by Dreamers. Its a nice place, but a party hostel and loud til late. The staff is great, the facilities aren't that great. One big group bathroom like a gym. Only two toilets and showers for a lot of people and no hot water which is normal around here.

Dear Traveler, Thanks for your comment,fell sorry that your stay did not exceed expectation! for us important is to have a spotless baths,if look like a gym(?) does not matter much,as you say there are no hostels close to ST.Martha's nicest beaches but if people need a base to discover them certainly Dreamer is in the best area to connect travellers with these attractions,Tayrona covers 150 sq km and the first entrance Neguanje is only 10 minutes ride from here! after all still the best option.

Best hostel I have been to! Thanks to the amazing staff!

• 12th Dec 2014

Dear Traveler, Thank you very much for your last feedback and good comments about the service provided by our staff. they were so happy once found out! Hope to see you soon again here in S.Marta. Have a nice rest of the trip!

Very good amtosphere. However, the breakfast is not included in the price. After all - little too expensive.

• 10th Dec 2014

I loved this Hostel! I left and ended up coming back. I was welcomed by the staff like family. The hostel is a bit out of the way so I often ended up just relaxing at the hostel, which has a great pool and bar. The Breakfast is as big as you'll see at any hostel, though costs $8,000 COP. The Internet can be spotty and the kitchen isn't the best. All in all I recommend it as a great place to relax and make friends!

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your last comment about the facilities, our pool and bar! the fact that you've spent so much time in the hostel is for us a satisfaction! Come back soon when you can and next time we'll invite you to discover our other hostel in Palomino...there for sure you'll "suffer" the same "cant leave" problem... Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

One of the best hostels I stayed in, staff was really friendly and the atmosphere was great. Even though the hostel is situated outside of santa marta it is a great place to stay because it has everything you want (pool, bar, restaurant etc). Would highly recommend to stay here.

I had a great time here, even it was just for one night! The whole atmosphere including staff and surrounding was really great! ;) I would definitely come again and than for longer! ;)

Dear Guest , Thank you very much for such a good feedback! We are very happy to hear you liked the atmosphere, the hostel , I am especially happy that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff and yes, nest time you'll have to stay muuuch longer!! See you soon and again, thanks for choosing The Dreamer. Fulvio Dreamer hostel team

What a fantastic hostel this is - so friendly, clean and a brilliant atmosphere. We stayed in a 10-bed dorm with our friends before taking a private and both were clean with comfortable beds. Food is good but the drinks are overpriced for what you get. It's a taxi ride to the main nights out and into town but only 6-15 pesos so it won't break the bank. Definitely stay here!

Dear traveller, Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Dreamer specially our beds and food. Our location allow very easy access to Tayrona park and nearby attractions like Minca or Concha beach and only a short taxi ride (less than 3$) when you feel like to enjoy the night but coming back for a quiet sleep!! Hope to see you soon again, has been a real pleasure meet you! See you soon at the Dreamer hostel Fulvio