The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Professional welcoming stuff, very polite and caring people at the reception who speak great English and who let people know abt tayrona park and other attractions, they do their best to meet your needs and I think it was the best for me as I am 22 year old female, traveling alone. Safe place, excellent location to go to tayrona park. Recommended!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Hi! Thanks so much for staying with us! It was a pleasure to receive you in Dreamer. We love helping people to find the most beautiful sights here like Tayrona, Palomino, Sierra Nevada Mountains.... We hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy the rest of your trip and in Santa Marta you always will have a home. Cheers! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Family

Great hostel. Loved the layout, the feel, the vibe. Pretty good social areas so easy to meet new people, lots of hammocks and places to chill, tv room and computers and kitchen upstairs. Bring mosquito repellent though. You'll need it.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere and staff. Thanks again

• 26th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My experience at The Dreamer Hostel amazing! I have never felt so welcomed and at home when away from home. The entire staff went above and beyond my expectations every moment I was there, whether providing information on where to go, cooking meals that were delicious and filling, maintaining clean bathrooms and shared areas or just creating a positive environment to relax, meet people and have fun in. I will recommend The Dreamer to anyone wishing to feel at home when away from home.

• 26th Sep 2014

Thanks so so much for your review! you and your friend are the best! we enjoy a lot your time with us! It is great to have travellers like you. We hope you enjoy the rest of your tip around Colombia and We hope to see you again! Remember that Dream it will be your home in Santa Marta anytime! Cheers! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Team

I had a nice stay here. The hostel is far from de city center/beaches but on the other hand it has everything in it: bar, restaurante, pool, an open area. The neighborhood is nice as well and there's a commercial centre near. It's a good place to rest for a couple of days between one trip and another.

Thanks very much for your feedback! I am happy you enjoy the facilities in the hostel and as you said Dreamer is a good starting point for wherever you want to go because from here is easy to get Tayrona National Park and other beautiful beaches nearby. Enjoy the rest of your trip around Colombia! Come back at anytime this is your home in Santa Marta! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Family

Loved the hostel, they help you find your way in and out of santa marta. When you come back from your tour it feels like coming home!

wow Thanks for your super nice comment! We are always willing to help travellers and we do our best to make you feel good because you are right, this is your home away from home! Enjoy your trip around Colombia! Tony misses you! ;) Esther The Dreamer Hostel Family

Great Hostel and staff!

Hi! Thanks very much for your review! It was a pleasure to have you here with us, hopefull we´ll see you again! Enjoy the rest of your trip around Colombia! Come back at anytime this is your home in Santa Marta! Cheers! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Family

Comfy beds, excellent food, fun and helpful staff. It's like an oasis with everything you need at you fingertips. Close to the Simon Bolivar museum and Buenavista shopping centre. Perfect location for catching bus to Tayrona National Park and Palomino. Daily fun activities organised.

• 18th Sep 2014

Best hostel we've stayed at so far in South America. Extremely friendly and helpful staff (we had a dispute of some sorts with our cab driver that Tony & Diego gracefully solved!), great facilities (including chill out movie area, hammocks and a much used pool!), decent restaurant, and great rooms (personal lockers & large, comfy beds). Location slightly outside the city isn't a problem at all as you don't really want to stay in central Santa Marta. Overall the best choice if you're in the area!

Overall I'd say this place is incredible! It's a gorgeous place with its courtyard, pool, bar and restaurant. Very easy to meet people with programmed activities at night. The one negative thing I'd add is that one of the staff made an offensive joke upon discovering my ethnicity.

• 17th Sep 2014

We are glad to hear you enjoy our basket and football courtyard, pool and the food we make. we always organize games and activities to have fun, also Tony didn´t pretend to offend you, we love joking around ;) Enjoy the rest of your trip around Colombia! Come back at anytime this is your home in Santa Marta! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Family

Excellent Hostel! The best!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Thanks a lot for your review! is easy be the best with costumers like you! We hope to see you again! All the staff say hello to you! Hasta pronto amigo! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Team

Great hostel!! It's nicely removed from Santa Marta and all the surrounding area is super accessible. The staff was awesome and helped us plan activities and we just used the hostel as a base point. Nice chill atmosphere, clean with great common space and there is always stuff going on. My only complain is that they don't want you to bring your own beers in and so you are forced to buy them At the bar but this was pretty minor. Totally check out this hostel!! It was awesome!!!!

Had the most incredible stay at dreamer hostel! The staff are so lovely and helpful, also the rooms are realllllly nice and clean Would 100% recommend staying here loved this hostel can definitely say it's my favourite hostel after 7 months of travelling :)

Hi darling! Thanks so much for your amazing review, you definitely rock! We really love what we do and reading that we are your favorite hostel after 7 months... it makes us feel great! Enjoy the rest of your trip around Colombia! Come back at anytime this is your home in Santa Marta! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Family

We originally planned to stay for 3 nights but ended up staying for a week. We absolutely loved this hostel. The staff were amazing and incredibly friendly it was definitely the best service we have gotten so far. The rooms are nice with a locker for each bed which fits a full 70litre pack, the showers are ice cold with not heads on them so its more like a hose the its so hot it doesn't matter. The pool and bar area are great for setting the amazing friendly atmosphere in the place!

At first I ended up booking another hostel and got there and it wasn´t what I thought it was going to be. So I booked The Dreamer and I was very Happy with the outcome. All the staff there are really nice!! Esther the manager there has a smile on her face at all times and is ready to help you with any questions you might have.. Also Brandon, Diego, Tony and Gustavo are Great!!! I also enjoyed the lay out of the hostel. The swimming pool is in the middle and the rooms surrounding. Nice Set Up!

The Dreamer is an excellent hostel to stay in as a launching points for trips to places such as the Ciudad Perdida, Tayrona, Minca etc. Facilities are very good, the place is clean and well run and has a fun and social vibe. Staff were very friendly and willing to help. To be clear, however, the area surrounding the hostel and Santa Marta itself do not seem to have much to recommend them to travellers - you stay here as the best place to sleep, eat and drink before you head off elsewhere.

I love staying at the Dreamer. Being able to take a swim in a clean pool on a hot day is essential in Santa Marta. The two-story common area is spacious and comfortable unlike some small cramped hostels. Every night there are activities or drinking games. The staff is amazing and feel like friends rather than strangers. The pizza is delicious. The first time I stayed here was about 4 years ago and its incredible to see how many improvements they have added over the years.

Great hostel for chilling out, we planned on staying 2 nights but ended up staying 5 and then went onto the Dreamer Palamino for a 2 night stay. Both really nice & well run hostels. Highly recommend.

• 8th Sep 2014

This place is so good..we came stayed came back to it 3 times! Staff are very friendly and helpful, food is really good and the volunteers (particularly Ian) organise great bar games. Overall the place has a great atmosphere and would definitely recommend it.

• 8th Sep 2014

Great Resort Hostel Hybrid, I have stayed here three times now and love it every time. Highlights include a wonderful pool bar and restaurant area, and fairly reliable internet facilities. There's also a great tv room and a few guest computers. Comfy hammocks and a guest kitchen too. But above all is the staff, especially Tony. Great activities too and tours. Close to most buses to Tayrona and elsewhere. Luggage storage. Perfect home base.