The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Amazing time with friendly staff. It was my hub in northern Colombia, i came back for several times.

This hostel is one of the best hostels I stayed in while traveling Colombia. I stayed at The Dreamer for 5 days and 4 nights. I had a wonderful experience with the staff, everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff and cooks were wonderful. The pool is excellent for relaxing and meeting new people. Great breakfast, great bar, and easy access to other destinations. The Dreamer is a true gem.

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff were extremley helpful in all areas They helped us orgnise our trips and at great local rates too. The atmosphere was great and everyone was very welcoming. There is a great restuarnt onsite with reasonable prices. We had a great and realxing time. I would recommend this hostel to any travelers lookining to have a great time and meet other keen travellers. I found both Diego and Esther to be very helpful and they were extremley enthusiatsic !! :)

• 16th Jun 2014

Great hostel & staff. Awesome pool and bar area. Great buffet breakfast. Staff was friendly and super helpful with information about trips to tyrona national park and minca and they let you store valuables and luggage at hostel free of charge. Good wifi. One of my favourite hostels ive stayed in columbia.

Sweet as pool, awesome staff actually above and beyond staff!! Definitely visit.

The staff at front desk were wonderful! Especially Tony, Gustavo and Diego made me feel right at home and helped me out when things came up! The way some issues were handled i didnt quite understand like the toilet being riped out of the floor while we were still in the dorm but i guess that was the plumbers doing! Also when i had laundry done most of it was clean but i had to have some of it washed again. Overall, I enjoyed staying at the hostel but the front desk staff made it really great!

• 14th Jun 2014

I had a good time. free internet. Food was great and cheaper than in many locations outside of the hostel. Some dorms have air conditioning and others dont. It is very hot and humid here so you will sleep much better in a dorm with air conditioning

• 11th Jun 2014

Great place with great atmosphere, theres not much to do in santa marta so we ended up spending alot of time in the hostel (there's a pool and a nice tv area) there's also a mall near by with a huge supermarket and cinema. Make sure you get a room with A/C its hot at night and the fan doesn't help

Great Place, I stayed 4 years ago and since then it has improve sooo much, I'm Colombian and I'm very proud we have a 1st class Hostel in My beautiful Country. It is Close to the bus stop to Tayrona national Park which is GREAT. The clerks are great, they help you in everything even if it a small thing at the middle of the night. The only thing that is not excellent has to be the bathrooms, they are not enough showers and W.C. Great Hostel , totally recommended.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

the dreamer is a perfect hostel to meet people, the atmosphere is great and the staff really friendly....good value for money.

The staff at The Dreamer were excellent. It is a big, busy hostel but they seemed to have it all under control, and always with a smile! It was great to have a pool as it was extremely hot in Santa Marta. Our room was big enough for two people but it didn't have air con. It's quite far from town but close to a super market. The only downside was the kitchen,which is small and was quite crowded and not that clean due to the amount of people. Breakfast is good!

Guys at the dreamer were champions, so much help and soo much fun. Gustavo is a top bloke and will do anything for you, Diego loves the China bus and booze haha, Matthias and Tony were always great fun and help. Cheers lads I hope to be back someday much love Jesse and Sean (two crazy aussies)

Stayed in the Dreamer twice, staff were wonderful, they all knew our names by the end of the first day there. Stayed in 2 different rooms, one with a/c one without, I would advise paying for the a/c. Great atmosphere. Only negative is that the bar only opens from 3 to 12 and the cocktails are poor, fortunately it was made up for by the amazing bar staff.

Upon arrival, the receptionist was kind & gave me a brief intro to the area & explained why the ensuite bathroom was locked. My only complaint is that I had to use the shared bathroom, rather than the ensuite one and it was a bit wet and dirty when I arrived a night. Some hooks on the back of the bathroom stalls or next to the sinks would have been nice to hang things. The check out was a bit slow, because the receptionist in the morning was a bit tired and had many people checking out at once.

Poolside chilling at this hostel gives you a break from travelling. Staff is funny and friendly. Hostel looks good, beer is cold and the restaurant serves good food at decent prices. Room was nothing special, but did the trick. Hostel has a proximity to Tayrona park and Santa Marta, but latter is not really worth visiting.

Great hostel. One of those places you want to just stay and spend all day in the hostel, great staff great people. I highly recommend this place

I have stayed at Drop Bear, the Masaya and the Dreamer, which are arguably the top 3 hostels in Santa Marta. While all 3 are very nice with really good staff, by far the best atmosphere is at the Dreamer. The staff make the effort to remember the names of each and every guest, and that attitude extends to everything else. The pool is a must for hot and humid Santa Marta and the layout of the hostel is absolutely perfect. This is a wonderful social hostel and not a crazy party hostel.

• 25th May 2014
  • Trinidad And Tobago

One of the nicer hostels I've stayed in. The layout of the place is very nice and the staff was extremely friendly. This was a great environment, big mall nearby and the buses are easy to access. It was extremely easy to catch a bus to Tayrona national park. The hostel was also very helpful setting up tours and transportation to cartagena. Definitely recommend staying at the dreamer.

it have been a pleasure to stay in this hostel - i just booked for 2 nights and extend my stay for more than a week. the atmosphere is awesome, the hostel is clean and the crazy guys from the reception (espeacially Diego) are totaly friendly and helps in terms of all questions. The kitchen is well equiped, facilities are clean, the food is faire priced and cheap ( do the fajitas con carne). Best option for me was the AC Dorm! Totally recommend this place! HAVE FUN :)

• 21st May 2014

Great hostel with fantastic staff, an oasis to relax and chill in whilst organising trips to all the surrounding attractions.