The Dreamer Reviews

Playa Donaire, Palomino beach area, Palomino, Colombia

This hostel was spectacular. The property and buildings are beautiful and the surroundings are gorgeous...lots of pretty trees, flowers, plants and it is a short walk to the beach. The food in the restaurant at the hostel was delicious and the service was excellent. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking to stay in Palomino.

The place is awesome! Great staff, perfect location. Book in advace cause is full most of the time. Stayed in a private and the room was beautiful! Only thing I did not like was the matress - way too stiff! We kept waking up in the middle of the night just cause it was so uncomfortable! Other than that all great!

The Best hostel in Palomino

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Nice one!! I h@d an excellent and chilled time in this hostel. It felt more like a resort than a hostel. The staff was really friendly and rodrigo , the head of the nice team is really motivated to help you in all special whishes.. Best stay in colombia.. Regards Moritz

• 14th Jul 2015

No where in Palomino tops Dreamers for atmosphere, friendly staff, value or proximity to the most beautiful beach. Don't miss out!

Of the two Dreamers in Colombia, I think the Palomino location is just slightly edged out by Santa Marta, but that's a very high bar to jump over. The location in Palomino can't really be beat. 100 meters from the ocean. The quiet, excellent beaches of Palomino are as good as advertised, and the Dreamer is right on top of them. The layout of the hostel itself is cool, and the property footprint is sprawling. Given more time here, I probably would've grown even more fond of it. Recommended.

We loved The Dreamer and had an amazing stay! We only planned to stay 3 nights but ended up extending for 2 more nights. We stayed in a dorm the first 4 nights and then switched to a private the last night. The hostel is clean and the dorm is nice but the privates are absolutely incredible!! Beautiful location and great atmosphere. Also, such a friendly and wonderful staff! They all knew us and other guests by name and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home.

The most amazing place! Beautiful, well maintained grounds and rooms, great pool cleaned daily. Delicious and reasonably priced food, the friendliest staff you will ever get in the hostel! Special thanks to bar staff ( Lauren you especially) and manager Rod. You guys are the best!

One of the best hostels I have stayed at in South America. We had a superior room with AC which was more like a hotel room. The hostel has a really nice atmosphere. Only drawback is that there is a high guest turnover in a relatively small area so usually the common area (pool and garden) is busy with people checking in and out. Pros: Internet connection Very friendly staff Garden/Pool Private room Restaurant Cons: Kitchen could be better equipped Water pressure i shower

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

I just wanted to spend two days in Santa Marta, but in the end it were even 5 days because I liked it so much staying with you! I had such a wonderful time and I totally appreciated it as you made it possible for my friends to stay in hammocks etc. although the hostel was overbooked! I just loved the family atmosphere! Thank you so much for making those days to the best experience of my whole trip!

It was a great experience, being colombian and kind of knowing the gentrification issues that the region is facing i think you should hired just colombian staff, even better if the people is from Palomino or Santa Marta.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Place was fantastic! Social stuff most nights, friendly staff, right next to the beach. Do the tubing! But make sure you get a group. Some fun Rapids and then very chilled. It's a bit of a walk from drop off point to water entry. Turn right when you come to a river! Bit more expensive then other places but you certainly get what you pay for. Internet is annoying as it logs you out after an hour and then you have to re log in however the quality is good! Would stay again!

Great place to spend a night or two, nice pool and great atmosphere.

Thanks so much for the friendly, welcoming nature of the staff :-) P.S it would be lovely if the dacari cocktails are made with fresh fruit, Colombia has so much and it is so cheap!

Good place

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Great hostel right on the beach. If you're scared of the sea the pool is also really nice. Rooms are clean, bathrooms fully functional and food and drinks excellent. Quite a high risk of forgetting to leave the hostel as everything you need is there.

Staying at this hostel is amazing. The place is so comfortable, the environment, food, drinks and service is always so good!! The best place to have some days to relax!!!

We absolutely loved our stay at the dreamer! The food was awesome and the pool was the cleanest we have seen in South America.

Amazing place, location, staff, activities, vibe... Well done guys!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I stayed at Santa Marta and Palomino locations, loved both. the Palomino one has private path to the beach, great pool, awesome bar/food, just very beautiful. The time at Dreamers was a great respite after our treks to Losc city and Tyrona.

• 29th May 2015