The Dreamer Reviews

Playa Donaire, Palomino beach area, Palomino, Colombia

Had an amazing time at The Dreamer. Booked 3 nights but stayed for 6. Really chilled hostel. It was exactly what we needed to finish up our 7 months traveling. Staff are supper friendly and Steph's trivia night was great fun. Really lived it here👍

Fantastic dorms, really well equipped and spacious, inc with individual lamps, curtains around each bed, and our dorm had individual fans too above each bed. The hostel is in a gorgeous house, with swimming pool. Staff were incredibly helpful, especially Alan. Location is very much out of main Santa Marta, so if you want to be in the centre of town, this wouldn't be a good place for you. When i stayed, other guests weren't as friendly as at other hostels, but maybe that was just bad luck.

Gorgeous facility and great location. More expensive than your average hostel, but this is WAY above average. It's pretty much a resort. Private rooms were huge, clean and I believe the nicest hostel room we've stayed in during our six months traveling SA. Beach is very nice, pool is quite large, restaurant food is excellent.

The Dreamer is a great hostel on a great location. We had a very relaxing time there, going to the beach, swimming pool and playing volleybal. All the staff members are very nice and helpful and they immediately make you feel welcome. We had an amazing time there, and having no internet is great for a change (although you can have access to it if you need it). Also, the food in the restaurant is great! All in all, a great hostel where we would certainly have stayed longer if we had more time!

I seriously loved the place for its atmosphere and location. There were two downsides to me, which I cannot hold the hostel accountable for, but what made me leave sooner then I wanted: 1. I can easily go without internet normally, but due to problems and sickness of a friend back at home I really wanted to stay connected with my phone, but that would get very expense since you had to pay for every half hour (I know its reasonable because of the satelite, but still, it was a problem) 2. No ATM

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Nepal

It's such an amazing place to stay.. the location is just brilliant - they have their own exit to the beach! The staff is amazing and super helpfull, and the food from the restaurant is great (pizzas are amazing!). I will be back for sure one day! totally recomended!

• 7th Mar 2014

The best hostel with best staff... Pizza is just great! Is always clean and the set up is awesome... Im gonna come back for sure!!!!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

Big rooms, nice swimming pool and a well kept garden, Only 100 meters from the beach, but unfortunaltey the currents are to dangerous to swim there. After a 20 minutes walk on the beach it is possible to swim in the river tough. Staff is ok. Not much to choose for dinner, breakfast is ok. Internet only available after paying.

I enjoyed my stay at the Dreamer. The pizzas are the best I've had in South America, well done for being able to recreate a slice of Italy on the Caribbean coast. For me, it was a shame there weren't better cooking facilities. The pool is great and always seems warm, the dorms have comfortable beds and the staff are very helpful. It's a shame you have to pay for WiFi.

Dear Guest , First of all thank you vey much for staying at Dreamer Hostel Palomino. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities. With regards to the internet service please note that Palomino is not served by phone companies, we are the only offering Internet Wifi but is only available using a very expensive satelite service,the hostel cover most of the cost and charge only 1 dollar/30 min. People can cook using our BBQ area, many people love to cook this natural way! Ciao

Amazing place! Great location

We enjoyed our stay and have a couple of recommendations: More towels and nicer towels. Thin blankets on the beds. Our room was the Panama and it had a sewer stench coming out of the shower drain. This must be addressed soon. The food was good however, it would be so nice to see traditional Colombian food served. Even just an arrepa. Lastly, the staff use small bags of frozen water for making ice and small bottles of water for guests to purchase. This is wasteful. An ice machine perhaps?

• 23rd Feb 2014

Resort type hostel, could be anywhere in the world. Also it would be better if everybody had to sign for every purchase they made, to avoid problems.

Such a beautiful hostel. The minute you arrive you feel the good vibe in the hostel from the lovely couple that welcome you at reception to the friendly bar staff. The pool is amazing, rooms are clean you're right on the beach. There isn't much to do in Palemeno but that is completely irrelevant as it's just perfectly chill and beautiful. Love this place. Be prepared to stay longer than you planned and drink as many happy hour daquaris as possible!!

Beautiful place to stay, right by the beach and with a pool it is perfect for relaxing. It is quite expensive but then your staying in a place much better than most hostels, more like a resort. Food is good. The only negatives as a backpacker were no kitchen and you have to pay for wifi, but sometimes it's nice not to have to cook and to disconnect from the world.

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your kind words about Dreamer Hostel Palomino. It is a great pleasure to read your comments and to find that you enjoyed your visit The reason we charge for internet (1 dollar/30 minutes) is due to the remote location ofPalomino where no Phone/Internet service is available,the only way to provide this service (we are the only one with Internet Wifi) is using a very expensive satelite sistem. Guest can alwais cook at the BBQ area, is fun and ecological.

I loved this place. I thought the food was awesome as well. Props to kitchen staff. They were kind of stingy with their drinks. The bottles are cheap in Colombia so just free pour already instead of giving me an ounce using a shot glass. The other thing is you bees to have coffee at all times of day! Other thing is to invest on better lockers. I know its Palomino but those thin wooden lockers are weak. Other than that, amazing hostel.

Dear Guest, We are happt to hear that you enjoyed your Dreamer experience. We also thank you for the comments you made on our restaurant, which we forward to our chef. About the drinks we serve the usual 5 cl, trying to keep it very cheap (5.000 cop per cocktail), Coffea is served all day for free but just in the afternoon you need to ask for it. Hope to see you back soon here, See you soon

Beautifully set up hostel with very friendly and helpful staff and a fun atmosphere! I was traveling with some friends who stayed at a nearby campsite and they were able to come in and have dinner and drinks with me and staff was just as helpful to them even though they weren't staying there (they wished they were but it was full) the indigenous village tour is so great!! Only downer is that the cleaning ladies started way too early stripping the beds while people were still asleep.

Dear Guest, First of all thank you very much for staying at Dreamer Palomino. We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay,it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with my team and they are motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us! See you soon

I loved the Dreamer. It was so luxurious in comparison to everywhere else I stayed, I extended my stay by three nights!

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

It is worth every penny that I spent there. Beautiful garden, always clean and very helpful staff.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

The best time ever. The guys at The dreamer are awesome. Great caipirinhas.

By far the best place I stayed in Colombia. Staff are amazing and everyone knows your name by the end of the first day. The kitchen serves delicious, reasonably priced food. The pasta carbonera was amazing. The grounds are beautiful with a pool right in the middle. The beach at Palomino is empty which is amazing. You can walk down and claim your own private piece of sand and just relax.