The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

amazing crew, amazing pool, amazing bar amazing comfy beds. far from old town but the people and the atmospherr make up for it. there's always a BBQ or a party or something going on. bigger lockers and it's perfect. thanks guys.

Both Monkey hostels were a pleasure to stay in; the staff are brilliant and the hostel has a great atmosphere with brilliant facilities. I've stayed in many hostels and the Drunkens were without a doubt my favourite. I will be back!

• 29th Jun 2015

Cool place, good atmosphere, but kitchen was really small.

The location is fine, it's not meant to be in the Old town plus it's only a 20 minute minute (very scenic) walk along the beach. The hostel is incredibly nice and is close to the bus station and the supermarket. All very friendly staff as well, was a pleasure to stay here

Very helpful staff. I regret that I was there only a short time and did not get to use all the facilities. For example, although the hostel prides itself on its partying, it also has good stuff for more peaceful types such as myself: bicycle rental , laundry service, sun patio, kitchen, lots of toilets, easy access to the bus station and to stores, etc. I was warned that it might be noisy at night, but it wasn't, so I could get an early bedtime (early bus the next morning).

Everything was awesome! Staff were friendly, welcoming and great people! Prices were good and facilities were clean! Its hard to think of a single complaint! I really liked that the location was a little out of town but near by!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Drunken Monkey hostel. The staff is very nice, Kiki is amazing, she is very friendly and always open to help. The hostel is not at the old town but its super close to go walking, and very easy to get from the bus station. The owners are also great people open to talk. The only thing not that nice is the bedroom Dangeon cause the door makes a lot of noise and woke me up everytime someone opened, and its in front of the bar so its kinda noise.

Solo traveller. Travelled for a month and this was the best hostel. Brilliant facilities, friendly staff, location close to the beach, outside small pool, great BBQ and other common areas, cheap beer at the bar, great social activities and the option to take tours run by the hostel. Would definitely recommend

I stayed at the staff room where they keep the door open all the time. I don't remember seeing lockers for our luggage and door was unlocked the whole time so I didn't feel too much security. They seem to have a great bar with cheap drinks. The hostel is not too close to old town but I feel safe walking around at late night in the neighborhood.

Amazing place. Staff were the friendliest I've ever encountered at a hostel. I got in 25 minutes after they close but the guy was still waiting up for me and the next day when I got purple shampoo all over my clothes, they were so lovely in helping and even took some stuff to wash with their sheets. Awesome facilities. Rooftop terrace, cool bar area and backyard with a pool! It is a 20 minute walk to the Old town but its a lovely walk along the water so I loved it. Will be back!

The Drunken is a great hostel! It is definitely one of the cleanest I've ever stated in. As written it's not in the city centre but the walk is nice and not too far. It has a great bar and awesome outdoor facilities. Staff was very nice but there could have been a little more effort to connect with guests. Overall great hostel!!

Great stay!

We had a great stay! We enjoyed then hang out area on the steps, but our room window was facing it. The shutters do not close due to the AC so it was a little loud, and lacked privacy. Not a big problem for our shot stay, but i could see it bothering someone checking in for longer.

The best hostel i have ever stayed in! I enjoyed my stay so much that i didn't want to leave. The staff were really friendly and fun to be around which i think helped bring people out of their rooms to meet/talk to other people. I loved that during my stay we did some things together e.g. bbq, movie night and night out; it's a great place to socialise. Everything was always clean. I felt extremely comfortable and happy throughout my stay. Would def come back and recommend to friends!

Great Hostel. Great facilities, great staff and although about a 15 minute walk to the 'old town', this is along a straight coastal path which is very scenic. The drunken monkey was a really nice place and we did loads of joint activities with their sister hostel (The Lazy Monkey - also nice) like bbq's and other social stuff. Staff couldn't have been nicer and gave great advice.

This hostel is just what I needed!!! Perfect combination of party and chill!! Amazing staff!! The best beds and showers! The staff made my stay incredible. They organised fantastic tours and we're just so helpful with anything I wanted to do! Loved every minute!!! I'll be back! X

Great staff and very well run hostel

Just simply the most awesome hostel I've ever been to. The staff is beyond friendly and there's great social thing going on with the staff and the quests. The beds are extra comfy and everything is really clean. I recommend the shower next to THAT room (name of the room), it's like bathing under a waterfall. A warm waterfall. But you should go there just for the social aspect. If you're in Zadar to party, this is the place. If you're there to chill, this is still the place.

This hostel was quite nice, it did the job while I was in Zadar. The staff were very friendly and helped out a lot with what to do and where to go. They had a cute little pool in the back which came in handy a few times. I really liked the location however it's about a 20min walk to the old town but a beautiful seaside walk!! I didn't mind doing it. Rooms were average, no bedside lamp but it did have a little area to lock up your valuables. And large bathrooms with showers!!

The hostel is good in gerenal, but the wifi in the room is very bad

• 4th Jun 2015