The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

My booking somehow got canceled by Hostelworld, but Tiha took care of me no problem and put me up in a private room with a double bed for the price of my original booking. I will always stay at the Drunken Monkey when I return to Zadar. Thanks for everything! Love you guys.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great atmosphere. Hostel staff are backpackers themselves, and therefore know exactly what a backpacker wants. Location is conveniently close to the busstation and some of the beaches (but not to the old town, which is 15-20 min on foot). It is very easy to meet fellow backpackers in the bar or on the roof terrace. Also, it was usually very clean.

Great hostel to stay in, staff were amazingly helpful and very friendly. Clean, with a great bar and chill out area and nice rooms. Only drawback is were the location as it is about a 20minute walk from town. this didn't bother us though as it was a nice walk down the beach. Kitchen was quite small too. otherwise, highly recommend. would definately stay again!

Wicked hostel! Staff are really friendly and helpful especially Snowy! Great smoothies and a chilled pool out the back. Will definitely be returning. Helen x

• 15th Jul 2014

great environment, staff was helpful and cool facilities

Lovely hostel, one of the best I've ever been. Staff is very good and take care of each detail. Atmosphere is great. My friend and I went to different rooms second day, he got a room with 7 girls and I was with 5 boys, this is my only bad experience there... If I go to Zadar again I'll stay there again.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The Drunken Monkey had a fantastic atmosphere and great staff. We actually loved that it was located outside of the center and close to more local beaches and restaurants. The staff had great recommendations and made everyone feel at home. It was my birthday while I was there and everyone came together to make it a great celebration. Couldn't have asked for a better time!

This place was so much fun. We only had one night in Zadar but staying here made me wish we could stay longer. The place has a great communal feel... very easy to make friends. The walk into the city isn't bad at all. The nearby Tequila Sunrise is a great spot to eat, drink, and waste an afternoon away... but you could just as easily spend tons of time hanging out at the hostel.

Loved this hostel so much! Although it may not be in the heart of the Old Town it was an easy 20 minute walk away. So close to the beach and just around the corner from the bus station and huge supermarket. Super chilled and comfy atmosphere, great bathrooms (rain shower head - need I say more!) and facilities. Bar/lounge is awesome for chilling and Holly makes the best breakfast smoothies ever! Definitely would stay again if ever back in Zadar!

Great place to stay. The hostel includes a bar, pool, computer access, and is very well taken care of. The service is excellent. It is a 15-20 minute walk outside of the city, but it is a beautiful walk along the coast. I highly recommend anyone staying in Zadar to stay here.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed at> Thank you for making us feel so at home =

• 5th Jul 2014

At first the name scared me! I expected a bunch of uni students getting drunk & musty rooms, but drunken monkey was far from a college frat house. The staff is cool and down to earth. They truly want their guest to have a good time. Also they make great smoothies!!! The hostel has everything you need; kitchen, clean bathrooms, common area, BAR and a lounge room. The atmosphere was awesome, everyone just wants to have a good time!

great welcoming staff, perfect location to swim everyday, very nice backyard, comfortable beds!

I missed my bus from Plitvice to Zadar and was not able to make it for the first night of my booking. The staff did not charge me for the night I missed, so I was very thankful. Very friendly and helpful, I would recommend staying at the Drunken Monkey hostel to anyone!

• 30th Jun 2014

Fantastic Hostel! incredibly welcoming atmosphere, great bunch of people and just an all round great place to stay! The pool area out back is great to relax in and have a few beers in the evening before heading into the hostel bar. Lots of recommendations were dished out for food and clubs etc. Holly the bar girl is especially lovely, thanks for the Bruchetta recommendation the Sea Bass was bloody awesome!

• 27th Jun 2014

We had a lovely time in this hostel!! Our first hostel in Croatia, they were very friendly helpful and welcomed us to Croatia really well. The dorms were very clean and showers were good just could have done with a few more. Location was good despite not being in the old town but a nice walk along the coast. The hostel was close to the beach. Would definetely recommend

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff is so nice and so much fun. Great atmosphere and bar area. Nice location close to the beach and not far from the center. Very convenient from the bus station. Beds could be more comfortable, but loved the rest of the place.

Super cool hostel with a vibe to match no other! Very clean facilities, comfy beds, and a little kitchen area to make your own food. Ideal for the backpacker on a budget it is incredible value for money with a pool and a sun terrace and staff that go above and beyond to meet your needs and make sure you get the best of your time in Zadar. About 15 minute walk to old town along the beach and near some of the best swimming spots. Awesome common area to meet and drink with new friends at the bar!!!

Staying in a hostel was excellent. The staff is incredibly friendly and available for any information and organization what ever you like in Zadar. Location is excellent, close to the beach in quiet part of town, and close to the city center, 20 minutes away on foot. The atmosphere in the hostel is very friendly!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Croatia

nothing to fault, great staff that were very patient and friendly, and a good laugh. good layout for hostel with terrace, bar and swimming pool, also great location round the corner of bus station and short walk to town centre. i was there with a group briefly for one night, they showed us the best places to go out. would recommend to anyone going to zadar. BIG UP SNOWY

• 19th Jun 2014