The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere for backpackers. Staff very helpful with lots of information about things to do in the area. Only problem is that the bar and social areas are directly outside the room, so it could be difficult if you needed an early night.

The best hostel I've stayed at in Europe. Great facilities. Fun bar and a great place to relax. Perfect combination of partying and relaxing with a perfect vibe. I met lots of other great people and the staff is phenomenal. They help out so much and become friends. I didn't find the location outside the old city a problem. It was actually quite nice because it's close to the beach and the 15 minute walk to the old city is along the gorgeous coastline of zadar.

• 16th May 2015

A amazing place to stay, social atmosphere as well. The location isn't problem as you're closer to an great bar called tequila sunrise

Really friendly environment. Wifi is a bit sketchy. Great Bar! Great Atmosphere!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!!! The staff are AMAZING. They are so friendly from the minute you walk in the door&will help you with absolutely anything you need. The walk to Old Town is a beautiful seaside walk with Cafe's to stop at and have a coffee sitting right on the sea. You really get to see a part of Zadar that is truly local & not touristy. Also so much fun having a backyard & sun terrace to chat and meet people! If you're coming to Zadar, this is the only place to stay!

• 6th May 2015

Lovely friendly hostel. Didn't find the location to be a problem, walk is fine and we grabbed a cab home if we were out in the evening. Quiet when we went which was just before the start of the season, so managed to sleep well, and had the lovely roof terrace to ourselves. We also did the Plitvice trip which was well organised, relaxed and value for money. I highly recommend. We had a private twin which was small but fine, lovely and cool and clean. Great bathrooms with powerful showers too :)

I wanted a hostel close to the bus station and this hostel ticked all the boxes in that regard. The touristy parts of Zadar are compact enough so regardless of that it's not too far to anywhere really. Big shout out to Mirna and Holly who were ever so welcoming and helpful during my time staying here. Great people :) By the way, this hostel has a nice chilled out bar that is well worth checking out :))

Awesome hostel! Only request from me would be that you put a blind over the window in the room we were in. I think it was range?

It's clean and friendly even if it is a bit too far a walk from the oldtown. Great if you wanna be near the train/ bus station but in terms of value you could probably get an apartment in the centre of town for the same price per night.

Great hostel, terrific staff. It's a 20 minute walk to the old town but it's in a really nice place, and it's great fun.

What an amazing hostel! The staff was OUTSTANDING: Great people, super friendly, and willing to go above and beyond to ensure I had a wonderful time. They even called some friends to arrange a scooter rental on a nearby island. I personally liked the location outside of Old Town. It was an easy walk along the sea to get to town, and it was close to the bus station. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable (best nights of sleep on my trip), and the space was beautiful. Highly recommended!

Wonderful hostel!

• 11th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff is wonderful, very very very helpful and professional. Hostel is not in the old city but it's a very easy and safe walk to the old city as well as the bus station and a nice little bar by the cliffs called tequila sunrise. If you go to Zadar, it would be a shame to stay elsewhere. Also the manager likes to give out free shots for random things and Mariana will teach you to roll cigarettes if you ask her nicely.

• 8th Apr 2015

Very nice hostel! The only complaints would be that the room was a bit cold at night and the wifi didn't work in the first room they gave us, other than that it is a very nice hostel and the staff is super helpful and friendly :)

I stayed at the Drunken Monkey Hostel twice and had an incredible experience. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and you feel like you are at home. We received many great tips on places to see and do in Zadar and Split upon our arrival. We also met many great people who were also staying at the Drunken Monkey during our stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone in a heartbeat!

Drunken Monkey hostel has great staff and nice common area including bar. Easy to meet other travellers. Place itself is located bit away from most touristic areas of Zadar, but that is not bad thing. If you dont mind of 15minutes walk. I would stay again

Brilliant hostel, great staff who were really helpful and fab location, just a walk away from the old town

Awesome, AWESOME staff. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. A bit far from the city center but well worth it.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

We had a perfect time in The Drunken Monkey! It's one of the coolest hostels we have seen in Croatia. The owner of the hostel worked at the reception and is super friendly / helped us with everything we needed. There are not too many beds at the hostel (good & familiar attmosphere) and the common rooms are really amazing. Everything was clean and nice there. All in all: A perfect place to stay!

Amazing hostel! Its the funnest hostel in all of Croatia. Chris, Kyle and the gang are great. They have a pretty sweet bar where you can get your breakfast smoothie and its a great place to make friends and have some beers. Its just the perfect hostel really. And its also clean!