The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

We had a perfect time in The Drunken Monkey! It's one of the coolest hostels we have seen in Croatia. The owner of the hostel worked at the reception and is super friendly / helped us with everything we needed. There are not too many beds at the hostel (good & familiar attmosphere) and the common rooms are really amazing. Everything was clean and nice there. All in all: A perfect place to stay!

Amazing hostel! Its the funnest hostel in all of Croatia. Chris, Kyle and the gang are great. They have a pretty sweet bar where you can get your breakfast smoothie and its a great place to make friends and have some beers. Its just the perfect hostel really. And its also clean!

Awesome stay, the staff, accomodations and location were top notch!

• 6th Mar 2015

I had a really amazing time at the Drunken Monkey! Great staff and great people!

• 6th Mar 2015

The hostel was above and beyond. We arrived as the first guests of the season and still managed to have a great time with the owners and some other guests. Above everything else however, the owners and staff were amazing. They went out of their way on many occasions to make sure our stay in Croatia, not jus Zadar, was a great one.

• 4th Mar 2015

this hostel is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! excellent service for what you pay and the staff is AMAZING!! everybody there is extremely friendly and so helpful!!

We had a great time staying at the Drunken Monkey. We had a great time and would definitely recommend staying here.

• 24th Oct 2014

The staff were really friendly and made us feel very welcome

• 24th Oct 2014

The staff makes this place amazing! I'll definitely be back.

hot hostel!

Great staff, Great Hostel. Atmosphere is unbeatable.

Really nice place. Friendly and helpfull staff. Good place to meet other travellers.

Stayed for three nights in the middle of October. Place was great, good atmosphere. A nice distance from the old town but its a lovely walk so you don't mind it. The staff were awesome, extremely helpful and great fun! They really deserve their ranking! :D Sam

Loved my stay here, nice people, very social atmosphere, loved the shower room and toilets. Had a fantastic 3 days there, would go back at the drop of a hat, I wouldn't know if it's the best hostel in Zadar, but I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is a 10 minute walk into the old town but I never needed to get a taxi back on a night out so don't let that put you off, plenty around if you want depending where you it's about €5.

It took time to find the hostel at the first time. It took 20mins to walk from the hostel to the old town but the view was good. I could enjoy walking under the sunshine with a slow motion. The staff were super friendly and helpful which made my days in Zadar.

Awesome hostel! Probably the best I've stayed in. Super friendly and helpful staff, very clean hostel, always a few people drinking in the bar/common area and a lovely pool in the backyard with a bbq as well. Loved the location - in a nice and quiet area of Zadar with less tourists, but only a short walk or cheap taxi ride to the old town. Even if you haven't heard of Zadar, go there for this hostel, you won't regret it!

Cool owners (very helpful), hard beds

By far the highlight of my Croatian experience. Awesome building and amazing staff. Ask for a kramsky behind the bar. It'll change your life.

• 12th Oct 2014

Can't say enough good things about this hostel. It is very clean, the staff is incredibly helpful and it in a great location to explore Zadar. I don't usually post reviews but the service I received here was exceptional, so if you're looking for a place to stay in Zadar this is it.

Our time at the drunken monkey was perfect! The hostel is clean, friendly, and a good price.

• 5th Oct 2014