The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

The hostel was quite small, which was nice because you felt like you knew everyone. And the sister hostel- the lazy monkey was really nice (would maybe have preferred to stay there). It wasn't quite what I expected, not a young party crowd, more of a mixed older group. Still a very friendly hostel with the bonus of a pool!

Drunken monkey is kinda awesome. It was a bit expensive for my liking but I came for a big weekend and I got one. I'd recommend staying at Lazy monkey. And then coming to Drunken at night for pub crawl and drinks instead. Save yourself some cash. I didn't really see many people until it was late at night. I gave 100% for location but it does kinda suck. 20 mins walk to old town. 5-10 mins to nearest 'large' supermarket: there is a small shop about 1 min walk away. Beach 2 mins.

Hi Chris we try to make sure everyone has the best experience at either of the Monkey Hostels. We are glad you had a good stay. Most people in the daytime all go down to the daytime bar on the waterfront 5 mins away and cliff jump, or hang out by the pool. Its a real shame you didn't enjoy our location. We love this area of town, we associate ourselves with a real community of Croatia/Zadar, not just close to the bars and night life. We hope you come back, and enjoy your travels Monkey crew

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The owners are super chill, the bathrooms are immaculate, perfectly social but also relaxed. I can't imagine a better stay.

Heh Darcy, thanks for the review its awesome. Your welcome back any time. Love from the Monkey crew!!

A bit far from the Old Town, but the hostel atmosphere and facilities compensate for that. The staff will take you out for the best pub craw in town. Awesome showers!

I have to agree the showers are awesome...lol!! Thanks for the review Fernando Love from the Monkey Crew..... :-)

Great hostel. Nice atmosphere!

Thanks for the review and welcome back any time Tim.

Great Hostel, Staff absolutely fantastic, make the experience even better

Thanks for your time to review David, its very much appreciated Monkey crew is here for you!!

Great place and amazing people. Staff were tops

• 10th Jul 2015

The hostel was great. Very quirky. A little out the way from the old town but the walk was beautiful so could not complain. Staff were very helpful. Was not expecting a party hostel so the noise did get to me

Thanks for your review we try to make sure every guest is happy when they enter and leave the premises. I hope you can forgive us for a couple of louder evening than usual. Love from the monkey crew

great stay at the drunken monkey, awesome staff and always stuff going on in the evenings. defo recommend

Thanks for your time to leave a review for us its very much appreciatied Monkey crew

amazing crew, amazing pool, amazing bar amazing comfy beds. far from old town but the people and the atmospherr make up for it. there's always a BBQ or a party or something going on. bigger lockers and it's perfect. thanks guys.

Thanks for the great review Sonia your welcome back any time. Hope you are propping the bar up somewhere else on your travels. Love from the monkey crew

Both Monkey hostels were a pleasure to stay in; the staff are brilliant and the hostel has a great atmosphere with brilliant facilities. I've stayed in many hostels and the Drunkens were without a doubt my favourite. I will be back!

• 29th Jun 2015

Cool place, good atmosphere, but kitchen was really small.

Beautiful weather everyday, beautiful hostel with beautiful guests and staff, I guess you could say it's beautiful. Stay at the drunken monkey or lazy monkey if u want to have the best time in paradise with the best people around you to help you with whatever you need. Much love!!

Really fun and sociable hostel. Staff were very nice. For the most part, I didn't mind the location. Only sucked walking back after a long day. Would recommend.

The location is fine, it's not meant to be in the Old town plus it's only a 20 minute minute (very scenic) walk along the beach. The hostel is incredibly nice and is close to the bus station and the supermarket. All very friendly staff as well, was a pleasure to stay here

Very helpful staff. I regret that I was there only a short time and did not get to use all the facilities. For example, although the hostel prides itself on its partying, it also has good stuff for more peaceful types such as myself: bicycle rental , laundry service, sun patio, kitchen, lots of toilets, easy access to the bus station and to stores, etc. I was warned that it might be noisy at night, but it wasn't, so I could get an early bedtime (early bus the next morning).

Everything was awesome! Staff were friendly, welcoming and great people! Prices were good and facilities were clean! Its hard to think of a single complaint! I really liked that the location was a little out of town but near by!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Drunken Monkey hostel. The staff is very nice, Kiki is amazing, she is very friendly and always open to help. The hostel is not at the old town but its super close to go walking, and very easy to get from the bus station. The owners are also great people open to talk. The only thing not that nice is the bedroom Dangeon cause the door makes a lot of noise and woke me up everytime someone opened, and its in front of the bar so its kinda noise.

Solo traveller. Travelled for a month and this was the best hostel. Brilliant facilities, friendly staff, location close to the beach, outside small pool, great BBQ and other common areas, cheap beer at the bar, great social activities and the option to take tours run by the hostel. Would definitely recommend

I stayed at the staff room where they keep the door open all the time. I don't remember seeing lockers for our luggage and door was unlocked the whole time so I didn't feel too much security. They seem to have a great bar with cheap drinks. The hostel is not too close to old town but I feel safe walking around at late night in the neighborhood.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4