The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

Really cool place. Awesome smoothies too!!!

Great place to stay, staff fantastic and very fun atmosphere. Facilities new and clean. Would have stayed longer but the place was booked out!

One of my top hostels ever! We were lucky enough to stay here for 4 nights and it was such a lovely relaxing experience. The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the beach and a 20 minute walk into the old town (which is a pleasant walk along the sea). Staff are super friendly and organise barcrawls when the demand is high enough which was a fun experience with many free drinks at the start and tokens for smoothies after. Bathrooms are awesome and there's aircon! Literally cant wait to stay again!

Hostel is cool, staff is hyper friendly and helpful Weak point that can be improved and that would make staying perfect: Shower and bathroom are not very clean. It doesn't smeel clealiness. the mat on the fllo is dirty in all bathrooms.

Hi, i'm glad your stay was enjoyable. I have to mention to other readers that 99% of our reviews state that we have hotel standard bathrooms. We use hourly cleaning schedules for toilet checks, and our mats are changed more than once a day. We have your check out time, and the bathrooms were definitely used several times before your departure. Unfortunately we cant do much about this situation at that time of day as everyone requires the washing facilities. Enjoy the remainder of your trip :)

Had a really fun time with everyone at the hostel. A short walk to the coast to jump off rocks and have some drinks. A decent walk into downtown, but you expect that before you book staying here! The walk at sunset is incredible so it's not an issue. Good atmosphere and good people! I'll be recommending this place to anyone traveling to Zadar :-)

Absolutely brilliant hostel. The staff were great, the facilities were clean (some of the best hostel showers I have ever seen) and the location was a nice beachside stroll to old town. The bar was buzzing and outside pool area was perfect for chilling out.

I loved my stay at The Drunken Monkey. In a great location, close to the bus terminal and beach and a beautiful 15min walk along the coast to The Old Town. The hostel has a great atmosphere and is a great way to meet other travellers, and the staff are all fantastic and super friendly and helpful, and feel like friends. It can get a little noisy in the night so bring earplugs, or better yet join in the fun. I had a great 3 nights here.

Absolutely loved this place. Definitely recommended. I travelled alone and met so many awesome people. It's a very chilled place and as much as its a 20minute walk to the old town, youre 10 mins from a beach one way and rocks the other. The hostel also does some of the excursions which is much better than going with a company! We went to Krka (an hour away by car) and it was breathtaking. The staff were fantastic and always had a smile on their faces; A credit to the hostel! Thanks guys! :) x

• 4th Aug 2014

The Drunken Monkey was a great place to stay. Amazing, friendly, and helpful staff. The pub crawl was a blast. The staff in the bar are great and always ready to make your stay better with a smoothie and very reasonably priced beers. Thank you for also being so knowledgeable and helpful with what to do in Zadar/Croatia. I appreciate how you take care of your guests! My stop in Zadar was great and had a lot to do with the Drunken Monkey!

Great hostel, one of the best I've stayed at. We used it to wind down after a 7 day camping festival and it was perfect. But it would be equally good in standard 'travel, drink and meet people' mode. Good facilities and very social common room. The walk to town is only a small downside as it's quite pleasant, and this location means you're located right near the water. Will definitely return.

Had an really awesome time in Drunken Monkey! Super helpful staff, great atmosphere and good location near the water! The aircondition stopped working in our room one night but after we pointed out this problem, the staff immediately started to fix it. I also want thank everyone from the staff for sending the phone that my girlfriend forgot in the common room after checkout! In short, this place is maybe not in the city centre but the staff and the atmosphere makes this place to a 5 star hostel!

It may not be close to the beach or city center, but this hostel is AMAZING! It is a 20-30 min walk along the water to get to the old town (a pleasant walk, not bad at all). The staff was awesome!! Their garden area(with bbq, hammock, and pool) was great. I also loved their smoothies! We made some life long friends here and so many memories we will never forget! This was our last stop at the end of our back packing trip.. it was the perfect way to end our trip! We loved this place :)

My booking somehow got canceled by Hostelworld, but Tiha took care of me no problem and put me up in a private room with a double bed for the price of my original booking. I will always stay at the Drunken Monkey when I return to Zadar. Thanks for everything! Love you guys.

I stayed my whole holiday at that place. The staff is great, organize things like boat trips or parties in hvar. The barbecue is one of a kind with amazing cocktails and food. Whatever u need , someone is there to take care of u and this hostel is very social and super clean . This place never gets boring and don't miss out on the pancakes in the morning! Best view in the whole city to watch the sunset! Thanks Geoff , rob, Phil, and Sarah . You deserve to be European hostel number one!

Great atmosphere. Hostel staff are backpackers themselves, and therefore know exactly what a backpacker wants. Location is conveniently close to the busstation and some of the beaches (but not to the old town, which is 15-20 min on foot). It is very easy to meet fellow backpackers in the bar or on the roof terrace. Also, it was usually very clean.

Great hostel to stay in, staff were amazingly helpful and very friendly. Clean, with a great bar and chill out area and nice rooms. Only drawback is were the location as it is about a 20minute walk from town. this didn't bother us though as it was a nice walk down the beach. Kitchen was quite small too. otherwise, highly recommend. would definately stay again!

I dont remember much seeing as I was blackout the whole time.

Wicked hostel! Staff are really friendly and helpful especially Snowy! Great smoothies and a chilled pool out the back. Will definitely be returning. Helen x

• 15th Jul 2014

great environment, staff was helpful and cool facilities

A great hostel. Awesome staff and nice and clean facilities

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4