The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

Cool owners (very helpful), hard beds

By far the highlight of my Croatian experience. Awesome building and amazing staff. Ask for a kramsky behind the bar. It'll change your life.

• 12th Oct 2014

Can't say enough good things about this hostel. It is very clean, the staff is incredibly helpful and it in a great location to explore Zadar. I don't usually post reviews but the service I received here was exceptional, so if you're looking for a place to stay in Zadar this is it.

Our time at the drunken monkey was perfect! The hostel is clean, friendly, and a good price.

• 5th Oct 2014

Best Hostel in Zadar hand down! Nice and clean, fun, friendly, great staff, close to beach, bus stop and town. I had a great time!

Great time, great hostel

Excellent hostel, the staff is vert friendly, helpful, the premises are great and clean. We had an amazing stay there.

Great hostel.. in a quiet area but the bar has a nice atmosphere and is a great place to meet people without it being too rowdy.

The drunken monkey MADE my stay in zadar really awesome. It is super close to old town (15ish minute walk), but a quite enjoyable walk along the water. The staff was awesome, and the rooms were great too. HIGHLY recommended for a fun stay in zadar.

AWESOME! The staff are really helpful, totally made my stay more enjoyable. You really get to know them on a personal level.As for the Hostel it’s just perfect. Location is spot on if you want to experience a little bit of Croatian culture. It’s only a short walk into town with a few places to go for a quick dip. Definitely was a perfect way to end my trip in Croatia. I’ll be sure to spread the love of the Drunken Monkey with fellow travellers I met along the way. x thanks guys x

Nice atmosphere at the bar during the evening

Dark room with no individual lights and only one plug socket (from what I could find) for 5beds. Good atmosphere din the bar and movie on which was nice.

Such a great feel to this hostel. Not too much noise just a nice place to call home. super clean and the staff were ever fantastic. I never had the chance to try but there's also a small pool.

Stayed here for a week and really found it a friendly place. The staff are very easy going and genuine and this tends to create a friendly atmosphere all round making it very easy to mix - which is the point of hostels. Loved the rear garden and pool as well. A quick dip in the pool works miracles on your hangover. Thanks! Simon.

A bit far from the old town - 20 to 30 min walk...As the name of the hostel suggests, it felt like a party hostel to us. The bar closes around 11 pm but some people hang around till 2-3 in the morning so if this is not what you want, you might want to think again. The staff were perfectly kind and helpful though. Kitchen was tiny but bathrooms were very clean.

Extremely disappointed with your rating guys. We go above the norm to explain, on-line and on reception, to make sure you are aware of where the hostel is located in Zadar. We never shut the bar before 12am and sometimes open till 2am if our guests are enjoying each others company. Also explained to you on our extensive check in procedure. Garden,pool,terrace, bar,lounge more than any other hostel in Croatia for facilities. Check where you stay next time please guys its not fair to the hostel!!

Only stayed overnight to catch a flight the next morning, but staff were excellent - the owner was a top lad and gave all 6 of us a lift to the airport cheaper than a taxi/bus would have been. Didn't get a chance to explore the surrounding areas, but easy to find - about a 10 minute walk from the Bus station.

There seemed to be a lot of groups on holiday, so it was hard to meet people. The bathrooms and rooms were very nice and clean. The kitchen was ok... you can't even make tea or coffee though so you have to buy theirs. It's a long but quite nice walk into town.

I stayed here for only one night but would have loved to have stayed for longer. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful - they seemed more like knowledgable friends. The bar was cosy and fun where the guests come together and hang out in a really friendly and fun atmosphere. I stayed in the "Dungeon" and had a great sleep. It's about a 20min walk into town but the scenery is beautiful so it was well worth the it. Hope to return next summer!

Staff and atmosphere were great! We were unfortunately sick during our stay so we weren't able to party much, but their common room is amazing.

The hostel had such a good vibe, the staff made you feel instantly at home, always helpful and full of smiles, i intended on staying for one night and ended up staying for 5, it will sadden me to leave.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5