The Drunken Monkey Hostel Reviews

Jure Kastriotica Skenderbega 21, Zadar, Zadar, Croatia

Cool hostel with nice atmosphere. Although not in the old town, it has some cool spots close to it. Make sure you try cliff jumping, it is just 5 minutes from the hostel.

Boss is really friendly and helpful. We got a lot really good Imformation and experience. But other staff isn't. Location isn't really convenient. 10 mins walk from bus station. 20mins walk from old town.

Just stayed there one night, but was able to rent a bike and visit the old town quick, which was nice. Had a great time during the evening in the bar with other travelers!

Hi, its a shame you only stayed one night, a little longer and you would have seen why our location is one of the best parts of town. We rate it very highly. Thanks for the time to review though and safe travels. Love from the money crew

Great atmosphere, good facilities to mingle with others easily. When we arrived Chris gave us a very thourough welcome information of Zadar. Breakfast would have been welcome.

• 13th Aug 2015

Thanks for the review!! You are great!! Welcome back any time Love from the monkey crew

choose the hostel because it was indicated that there is parking. that is not really the case. public parking spots are nearby but not directly at the hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Awesome hostel! Facilities are great, enjoyed the pool and garden area. Easy and short walk to the beach and there's a fun day bar there to hang out at and swim. I'm glad I didn't stay in the old town and I chose this hostel. I met lots of people who were always ready to hang out which was great because I'm traveling alone. The staff was great! Danielle and Boris made it really fun and we're always helpful and would even show us around on their days off! Definitely stay here, I'm coming back!

• 12th Aug 2015

Awesome hostel with a chilled, communal atmosphere and a great common room for meeting people and having a beer. Great value with access to the beach and a short walk from the old town. This is a hostel run by travellers for travellers. Helpful, friendly staff always full of advice for exploring the area. P.s Dani the resident American is absolutely nuts

Perfect review, thanks so much mate... You were also great value!! Love from the monkey crew

We were only here one night at the end of our trip but it was the best hostel we stayed in in Croatia. The bathrooms were fab, the pool was fantastic and the AC worked perfectly! They also organised a taxi to the airport for us. The only negative is that it is a 20 minute walk to the old town walls and easily 30 to the centre square. Slightly difficult to find from the bus station too.

Thanks for the positive vibes, hope you guys got home safe and sound.... :-) Monkey crew

Awesome location in summer, because of close beach and beachbar :) awesome people :)

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Your a legend, hopefully we will see you back here next season!! Big love from the monkey crew

Awesome hostel, definitely worth visiting!

• 10th Aug 2015

Awesome brother thanks for the review and safe travels

Great staff, great sleep, close enough to everything and far enough to escape it!

''Close enough to everything and far enough to escape it'' - Love the quote - we might use that on our t shirts next year!! Thanks for the review Andrew, safe travels

Staff were so helpful and friendly. Day trips that were organised were done well. Some food options would have been better

The hostel was quite small, which was nice because you felt like you knew everyone. And the sister hostel- the lazy monkey was really nice (would maybe have preferred to stay there). It wasn't quite what I expected, not a young party crowd, more of a mixed older group. Still a very friendly hostel with the bonus of a pool!

Great hostel, with great staff and amneties. Even though the hostel is out of the old town- it's a breath of fresh air! The pool outback creates an oasis and the 2min walk to the beach is something you won't get in the Old Town! The staff are incredibly friendly and everyone that stays at Druken Monkey is welcoming! The access to the kitchen is a fantastic bonus- not having to eat out all the time while backpacking is a nice change of pace!

Drunken monkey is kinda awesome. It was a bit expensive for my liking but I came for a big weekend and I got one. I'd recommend staying at Lazy monkey. And then coming to Drunken at night for pub crawl and drinks instead. Save yourself some cash. I didn't really see many people until it was late at night. I gave 100% for location but it does kinda suck. 20 mins walk to old town. 5-10 mins to nearest 'large' supermarket: there is a small shop about 1 min walk away. Beach 2 mins.

Hi Chris we try to make sure everyone has the best experience at either of the Monkey Hostels. We are glad you had a good stay. Most people in the daytime all go down to the daytime bar on the waterfront 5 mins away and cliff jump, or hang out by the pool. Its a real shame you didn't enjoy our location. We love this area of town, we associate ourselves with a real community of Croatia/Zadar, not just close to the bars and night life. We hope you come back, and enjoy your travels Monkey crew

I loved this hostel. The staff and facilities were great. Hands down this hostel made my stay awesome.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The owners are super chill, the bathrooms are immaculate, perfectly social but also relaxed. I can't imagine a better stay.

Heh Darcy, thanks for the review its awesome. Your welcome back any time. Love from the Monkey crew!!

Absolutely loved this hostel, the staff were brilliant and they organise some really cool trips. If you get the chance definitely go on the secret waterfalls trip. Cheers everyone!

A bit far from the Old Town, but the hostel atmosphere and facilities compensate for that. The staff will take you out for the best pub craw in town. Awesome showers!

I have to agree the showers are awesome...lol!! Thanks for the review Fernando Love from the Monkey Crew..... :-)

Great hostel. Nice atmosphere!

Thanks for the review and welcome back any time Tim.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5