The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Great location! 10mins by car from the airport. 10-15 min walk into the city centre. Staff was very nice and helpfull. Breakfast included: cornflakes, white toast, marmelade, orange juice. was okay as it is "for free" anyway. Kitchen you can use every time of the day, (friying pan and stuff could be exchanged but still did it's job). It also could have been a lil bit cleaner in the room but it wasn't too bad. Would definetly come back and recommend this hostel.

• 19th Mar 2015

It is very easy to get to the hostel and the staff was very gentle and helpful - we got maps and recommendations what to do (in what way) .. Nontheless, we booked two beds in an eight-ladies-room and were a little shocked by the beds. People with backache should avoid the beds if they want to enjoy their stay in Dublin. Furthermore, the windows were a little tricky to open / close - Despite sleeping in the direction to the main street, they did not close properly which made the traffic annoying.

• 19th Mar 2015

Amazing staff - so kind, knowledgeable and helpful! I'd stay here again

• 15th Mar 2015

Reception closes at midnight but I emailed ahead of booking and was told to call the emergency number outside the door and someone would let us in. We called for twenty minutes straight until someone answered which left three girls standing on the streets of an unfamiliar city at 1 in the morning. We had to move rooms after the first night which was frustrating but not terrible. The hostel is about a 10/15 minute walk from the River Liffy up O'Connell Street so its an okay but not great location

Hi there, you must have dialed something wrong. Other guests never have a problem to be let in meditatively. I am sorry that you had to change rooms, we informed Hostelworld about that and they try to sort something out, so guests do not need to change rooms anymore. Kind Regards, Ian

The hostel was ok and breakfast with toast was included. There were only few points which could be improved or were not so nice. - It was relatively loud in the dorm because the room was located to the street and the windows don't give any noise protection. - The bedframes were quite noisy

Hi there, many thanks for your feedback. Kind Reads, Ian

We were greeted by the kindest, funniest lady with braces. What a joy she was. The place was very nice--clean, good location, and good security both inside and outside. I really enjoyed the lounge rooms here. We arrived on a particularly gross day in Dublin, and this hostel changed our moods quickly. Note: don't steal the foosball balls--really, who steals foosball balls? I wanted to play foosball! Tip: bring your own foosball balls if you want to play foosball.

I'll be back! Simple as that. The simple addition of a lockable storage space beneath the beds makes a big difference, one that other hostels should copy.

Hi there, many thanks for uour feedback. Kind Regards, Ian

I was under the impression that lock boxes would be available in the rooms to keep my things safe. When I arrived, they told me that it was too expensive to have lock boxes and I would never book a hostel without a safe place to keep my things. Other than that the stay was fine.

• 6th Mar 2015

Hi there, we offered you too lock your stuff safely on the luggage room which locked at all time. Kind Regards, Ian

The hostel is near to the center (walking distance 10 minutes)

• 5th Mar 2015

I really likes it there. Very friendly staff. Next time I'm in Dublin, I'll stay at the Dublin Central again

• 3rd Mar 2015

Enjoyed my time here ,the staff were chatty and very help full , just a short walk from o'connell st , will stay here again the next time im in Dublin

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

Hi there, many thanks for your review. Kind Regards, Ian

This hostel is probably one of the best hostels I've ever been. The staff is really pleasant, and it is a really clean hostel. My friends and I were in a room for 4 people and I will definitely come back!!!

Hi, many thanks for the great review. We hope see you again. Kind Regards, Ian

Great location. Just a couple blocks above O'Connell St which is where all walking and bus tours seem to start. Very convenient. The house and rooms were great. No complaint. All of the staff that I interacted with were very friendly.

Hi there, many thanks for the great feedback. Kind Regards, IAn

This was great. Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Bathrooms are in the rooms and this makes everything so much easier! It's in a great location in relation to downtown.

• 27th Feb 2015

Hi there, many thanks for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

A very clean room, very friendly staff, and overall good atmosphere. We enjoyed watching movies and the complimentary breakfast. However, we had stayed 2 nights, and after the first night we had to check out of our room and move into a completely different room for the second night--this was a little annoying. Just as well, there is a foosball table, but no ball to use for enjoyment, which was a little disappointing.

Hi there, I was talking to Hostelworld, as they booked you in. I am sorry for that is is inconvenient for both sides. I will get some new balls for the soccer table. Kind Regards, Ian

excellent location. very friendly staff gave me adaptor to use during my stay. will come back again.

Hi there, many thanks for the great review. Hope to have you back again. Kind Regards, Ian

Great Stay :)

• 22nd Feb 2015

Many thanks for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Really great hostel best location possible Ian and his wife are amazing and very helpful! Very clean and inviting place to stay will be back for sure !

• 20th Feb 2015

Hi there, many thanks for the lovely review. We hope to see you again. Kind Regards, Ian

Certainly the best hostel I've been to so far! Really cosy room with a huge wardrobe and an own bathroom which was a big plus. Also amazingly clean and warm, a fully equipped kitchen and lovely living rooms. We even had an electric radiator in the room, but there was no need to use it. The breakfast was quite basic, some fresh fruit would have been nice, but since it's free it's okay. The staff was really friendly and helpful and always liked a nice chat. :) Definitively recommend!

Hi, may thanks for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Nice place. Just try not to get the room next to the washmashines, there are so many noises in that one! Everything else, perfect!

Hi there, many thanks for the review. Kind Regards, Ian