The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

We would have stayed in Dublin for more time if the Hostel wasn't fully booked. Certainly one of the best we have stayed in. Ian was so helpful with charming and a quick wit that kept us in good cheer the whole time. Beds and towels were supplied that were good quality. The breakfast jam for toast was very good and not the usual Hostel low quality. A very well thought out decor and cute garden area that we will certainly book our next trip around.

Great, clean and staff very willing to help!

Thank you for the great feedback. Kind Regards, Ian

I was very impressed with the hostel. It was a reasonable price for a great location. The hostel provides a lot - free towels, free WiFi, free printing of boarding passes, free breakfast - it had everything I needed. The rooms were comfortable and not too crowded. The staff was exceptionally friendly and I felt safe and comfortable there. If I were to return to Dublin I'd be happy to stay there again.

• 7th May 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

it is a very good hostel. Comparing with most hostels in Ireland and UK, this one is one of the best I hve been.... My negative point will be television and it really needs to be fixed... I really wanted to watch chamions league but I couldnt because television was never working properly... All the time the signal was terrible and couldnt watch... Except for that, I would say that it is a very good hostel... Thank you for my time there.

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. Kind Regards, Ian

Warm friendly welcome from Ian. He asked us what we were planning to do and recommended a visit to the jail which was fascinating and moving. If it wasn't for Ian we would have missed it and would know much less about the Irish uprising. Felt at home from the beginning. Thank you

• 4th May 2015
  • Wales
  • Couple, 41+

Hi folks, thank you so much for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

I stayed for 4 nights in the Dublin central Hostel, the room was modern and large, the staff was very helpfull. there's a 10 min walk to go to Temple Bar.

• 1st May 2015

Hi, thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Ian

Stayed here for one night in a private bedroom. Clean room. Towels were provided, and the extra plug-in heater really came in handy, as it got cold at night. The receptionist Ian was very helpful, always went out of his way to provide us with suggestions. Most of all, I like the fact that the place has full kitchen and dinning hall.

Me & my partner stayed here for two nights ! It was lovely & exactly what we were looking for .. Near City centre (5 mins walk ) clean & affordable ! Very helpful staff and a great weekend x

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

It was a nice hostel, very clean and safe. The location was pretty far from the center of town, but the walk was pretty easy. The free breakfast is a huge plus. Nice quiet area if that's what you're looking for.

Really great place to stay. Yes, it is by a very busy street but it is well worth the stay. Close to main street and every bus stop. Staff was very friendly and was more than helpful in answering questions.

The staff were aways very friendly and the location was great. One bathroom for 8 people just wasn't enough, aways resulted in long waiting.

Hi there, you booked an 8 bed dorm, that's why you had to share a bathroom. Other hostels have one bathroom for the whole floor. You should book a private room for the future. Kind Regards, Ian

It was a very professional and clean hostel. Staff was friendly and accomodating. The beds were comfortable and clean and the wifi worked well. The location was very convenient and the neighborhood felt pretty safe.

• 16th Apr 2015

Hi there, many thanks for your great review. Kind Regards Ian

excellent place to stay, very close to town centre, nice staff, nice premises

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

Hi there, thank you for the high rating. We really appreciate that. Kind Regards, Ian

had a wonderful stay, great staff, breakfast was right on. Many thanks!

Hi, many thanks for your review and the hie high rating. We are delighted. Kind Regards, Ian

Very nice and friendly staff.

• 13th Apr 2015

Hi there. thank you for the nice review. Kind Regards, Ian

Hostel itself was quiet and cozy but the location was difficult to find. Blessington St does not have a clear sign and the name changes on the other side of the street. Also never saw Mr. Macs barber shop. It would be much more convenient if they had a card machine. If we had known it was cash only we would have paid the full amount online beforehand and avoided a mad dash for the atm down the street. The shower water pooled at your feet and the drain looked clogged with hair.

Hi there, we clean the female dorm every day, as well as the showers It is hard to keep the drain free at all time with all the girls and their long hair. We will try even herder to solve that. :-) Kind Regards, Ian

Very beautiful hostel in dublin. Nice to be there

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your nice review. Kind Regards, Ian

I booked a double room, it has a private bathroom but I didn´t feel in a private room, the washing machine next to my bedroom. Photos are a little bit better than real room. Staff was really really nice, very helpful and friendly. Location is really good and the hostel offers some facilities to cook... there is breakfast wih few things but it´s enough! I liked.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. |Kind Regards, Ian

Very pleasant stay. Perfect location, all you need really!Helpfull staff.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Hi, thank you for your nice review. Kind Regards, Ian

Bathroom was discussing. There was hair everywhere and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned before we arrived. The drain and also clogged so it didn't train properly.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Hi there, we clean the room and bathrooms very day. We are well known for our clean hostel. Kind Regards, Ian

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4