The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

I stayed at this hostel for one night in an eight bed dorm. The hostel is clean enough, but not as well organized as the nearby Youth Hostel. The reception closes at night, and the kitchen, too. If you must leave at night, you have no access to the coffee machine and are quite far away from the bus stop to the airport. I shared my room with four very unpolite girls, two french girls and two japanese girls, and they have been allowed to shout and scream and leave the lights on at night.

Just a bit out of the centre which meant a longish walk or a taxi but the room was quite big and the bathroom fine. There was, however, a lot of noise from above - either a corridor or very restless guests with big boots.

• 14th Aug 2015

Very clean and good Location. Not much variety in breakfast, could be more, coffee should be for free! Quiet atmosphere is awesome. Showers need a clean.

• 11th Aug 2015

Overall pretty good hostel. Good location and everything was clean, not the best security (no lockers or anything). If you want to stay in a hostel that has a party atmosphere I wouldn't recommend. Lots of older people and families, however it's a short walking distance from the main party places in Dublin. Overall a good experience.

I have no complains about this hostel. Since we had arrived, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have all the essentials you may need: hairspray, shampoo, hair dryers, adapters etc. Laundry service for €8, they book your day tours - we went to cliffs of moher. The food simple, but good! It's walking distance for shops, bars, restaurants. We really enjoyed the walking tour! I highly recommend this location! Will definitely come back!

Nice staff in the hostel. Well there are not all thing which are in the description of the hostel in hostelworld.com e.g. hairdryer but for this price it's everything fine and suits to a normal hostel. It's nice that this hostel has a kitchen.

We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you. I would definitely recommend it and would come back again sometime.

• 4th Aug 2015

The staff was great! Very helpful. They suggested me several tours, checked opening times for museums, looked up buses, lent hair dryer and towels. Thanks again! The breakfast had not much variety, but it was nice to have some early snack. Worked fine for me. But if you want a proper meal you can check out some nearby cafes (I believe there is a discount for hostel visitors in one of them). You may need to walk a little bit to get to the city center, but it's nice to have a quiet sleep.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. They went out of their way to help my friends and I. The hostel was very quiet and quaint; I had no trouble sleeping. Also, the common rooms were cozy and nicely decorated. I liked that the front door to the hostel was always locked and required a key to enter.

Stayed here when a bunch of us went to a gig in Croke Park, it's walking distance to both there and city centre. Price we paid for the rooms was good value for time of year- although we did book well in advance. Only one issue overall and that was the fact that the window in our room would not close fully.

The first time that I stayed here, I absolutely loved it! The staff is incredibly helpful, whether it be to answer questions or unlock the kitchen after hours so that you make tea. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms acceptable. The lockers are large and roll out from under the bed. However, I learned (after a second stay) that some of the rooms are not yet renovated with old beds and no lockers. I would stay here again, but specifically ask for the updated room with a locker.

To be blunt : we couldn't sleep. We were in room A, which was underground and directly on the street. The street noise made it impossible to sleep at all. Also the room being underground it was really damp and smelly. Also : even if there is a breakfast included, you have to pay if you want coffee.

Dublin central hostel isn't so central! A fair walk compared to the other places we stayed in Dublin, but at least when we got there the staff were friendly, and the rooms/bathroom clean. So nice to sit on a couch and watch TV as well (I appreciated that with a cup of tea)

Fantastic stay very clean and tidy. Great location security is tight.How ever there is not much of a atmosphere the communial room could more vibrant and the staff could be more hands on with some useful tips on arrival. Well recommended would defiantly stay there again

Location: While avoiding the din of the Temple Bar area, it's street facing rooms don't make for a quite night. Sleeping: Laughably poor pillows forced me to convert my only cover into a makeshift pillow and used my towel as a blanket instead. Fortunately(?) the stuffy room and locked windows made for a warm night so a blanket wasn't necessary. Staff: Friendly and agreeable. Helpful when you need a hand with something. Breakfast: Three good cereals to pick from. Roommates: All a good time.

This is a nice hostel and has a great location, easy to walk to the city center. Our room was in the basement and that contributed to overall dampness, towels wouldn't dry overnight, etc. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the hostel quiet so a good night's sleep was had by all. Suggest the hostel upgrade the towels and sheets...both were very thin.

Good hostel for a family. Located in a quieter part of Dublin about a 15 walk to the centre of town.

There are no lockers in the female rooms. No lockers period, they tell you to use the luggage storage room. The doors do not have automatic locks, so I found pretty much no one locks the door. . . so security consists of a locking front door to the hostel, that is about it. Awesome free internet and lots of solo travelers, so I really enjoyed this hostel.

This was a great hostel to choose for my first hostel stay ever. The staff were friendly and really helpful. It's a little bit of a walk to the city centre, like 15-20 minutes, but it's just a walk down one street and you're there. There was free breakfast of toast and cereal, free towels and some discounts available for some of the attractions so that was really nice. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is going to Dublin.

Building and location was nice. Temporary Luggage Storage could probably be improved, as with the breakfast offer. On a positive note, the rooms were really big and with character, and there was a lot of space to put your things. Bathroom was very small, though, and had no windows.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5