The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

To be blunt : we couldn't sleep. We were in room A, which was underground and directly on the street. The street noise made it impossible to sleep at all. Also the room being underground it was really damp and smelly. Also : even if there is a breakfast included, you have to pay if you want coffee.

Dublin central hostel isn't so central! A fair walk compared to the other places we stayed in Dublin, but at least when we got there the staff were friendly, and the rooms/bathroom clean. So nice to sit on a couch and watch TV as well (I appreciated that with a cup of tea)

Fantastic stay very clean and tidy. Great location security is tight.How ever there is not much of a atmosphere the communial room could more vibrant and the staff could be more hands on with some useful tips on arrival. Well recommended would defiantly stay there again

Location: While avoiding the din of the Temple Bar area, it's street facing rooms don't make for a quite night. Sleeping: Laughably poor pillows forced me to convert my only cover into a makeshift pillow and used my towel as a blanket instead. Fortunately(?) the stuffy room and locked windows made for a warm night so a blanket wasn't necessary. Staff: Friendly and agreeable. Helpful when you need a hand with something. Breakfast: Three good cereals to pick from. Roommates: All a good time.

This is a nice hostel and has a great location, easy to walk to the city center. Our room was in the basement and that contributed to overall dampness, towels wouldn't dry overnight, etc. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the hostel quiet so a good night's sleep was had by all. Suggest the hostel upgrade the towels and sheets...both were very thin.

There are no lockers in the female rooms. No lockers period, they tell you to use the luggage storage room. The doors do not have automatic locks, so I found pretty much no one locks the door. . . so security consists of a locking front door to the hostel, that is about it. Awesome free internet and lots of solo travelers, so I really enjoyed this hostel.

This was a great hostel to choose for my first hostel stay ever. The staff were friendly and really helpful. It's a little bit of a walk to the city centre, like 15-20 minutes, but it's just a walk down one street and you're there. There was free breakfast of toast and cereal, free towels and some discounts available for some of the attractions so that was really nice. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is going to Dublin.

Building and location was nice. Temporary Luggage Storage could probably be improved, as with the breakfast offer. On a positive note, the rooms were really big and with character, and there was a lot of space to put your things. Bathroom was very small, though, and had no windows.

The hostel was great for us, as we were traveling as a couple and we are on our early 30s. I was going to attend a week-long seminar and really liked the organisation of the hostel and the other guests' respect for the others. The place was quiet at most of the time. The kitchen was always organised. The breakfast was simple but very nice. Some toast, juice, milk, cereal, everything fresh and clean. Place differs a bit from the pictures. It looks newer from the pics, but it is good anyway.

• 5th Jul 2015

The staff is very friendly and always about to help. The big problem of this Hostel is the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

• 30th Jun 2015

Nice staff, very helpful. The bed was a bit hard.

Comfortable

Having some communal bathrooms, even if just some toilets, would be handy. It just gets tough when an entire room of girls wakes up around the same time and wants to shower and preen in the bathroom - sometimes you just need to pee!

The staff was very helpful and friendly! Check in and out was effortless. A very enjoyable stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

We had a double bed room on the 3rd floor and the internet connection was really bad and we couldn't use it. That's the only annoying thing. The dining room and the tv room were very nice!

• 25th Jun 2015

We had a fantastic time in Dublin and the hostel was a big part of it. The location is not far from all the buzz in the city centre and the stuff was always friendly and helpful. If I ever stop by Dublin again the Dublin central is definitely worth a stay. I recommend it.

• 25th Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Friendly staff. Very helpfull. Breakfast was a bit disapointing. No warm water in the shower after 1.00 am.

About a 10 min walk to the city center. Now that I am more familiar with Dublin, I would prefer to stay closer to Temple Bar area or stay on the South Side of the river so we can easily access the hostel after sightseeing. Besides location, the hostel is good. Very clean. Very easy to reach from the airport via bus. Clean kitchen in the basement that had a typical breakfast. Staff was very friendly. Quiet hostel since no party atmosphere. No big complaints about the hostel.

The toilet in our room didn't flush all the time. I was surprised there were no lockers, just a locked janitors closet that they let anyone into if you ask (you don't even need to show your key) and don't check what you take is actually yours. The staff was wonderful and the place was very clean. The breakfast was simple but nice. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 21st Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

As far as hostels go, this is the place to stay! The staff was extra friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great te and felt right at home.

• 21st Jun 2015