The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

The staff were aways very friendly and the location was great. One bathroom for 8 people just wasn't enough, aways resulted in long waiting.

It was a very professional and clean hostel. Staff was friendly and accomodating. The beds were comfortable and clean and the wifi worked well. The location was very convenient and the neighborhood felt pretty safe.

• 16th Apr 2015

excellent place to stay, very close to town centre, nice staff, nice premises

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

had a wonderful stay, great staff, breakfast was right on. Many thanks!

• 15th Apr 2015

Very nice and friendly staff.

• 13th Apr 2015

Hi there. thank you for the nice review. Kind Regards, Ian

Hostel itself was quiet and cozy but the location was difficult to find. Blessington St does not have a clear sign and the name changes on the other side of the street. Also never saw Mr. Macs barber shop. It would be much more convenient if they had a card machine. If we had known it was cash only we would have paid the full amount online beforehand and avoided a mad dash for the atm down the street. The shower water pooled at your feet and the drain looked clogged with hair.

Hi there, we clean the female dorm every day, as well as the showers It is hard to keep the drain free at all time with all the girls and their long hair. We will try even herder to solve that. :-) Kind Regards, Ian

Very beautiful hostel in dublin. Nice to be there

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your nice review. Kind Regards, Ian

I booked a double room, it has a private bathroom but I didn´t feel in a private room, the washing machine next to my bedroom. Photos are a little bit better than real room. Staff was really really nice, very helpful and friendly. Location is really good and the hostel offers some facilities to cook... there is breakfast wih few things but it´s enough! I liked.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. |Kind Regards, Ian

Very pleasant stay. Perfect location, all you need really!Helpfull staff.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Bathroom was discussing. There was hair everywhere and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned before we arrived. The drain and also clogged so it didn't train properly.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Hi there, we clean the room and bathrooms very day. We are well known for our clean hostel. Kind Regards, Ian

This hostel was amazing. I had originally booked 3 nights and my flight was cancelled going to Dublin and I emailed the hostel a few hours later to let them know I wouldn't be there. Being that there is a cancellation policy, I assumed I'd be charged at least part of the night, but the staff were so nice and understanding and only charged me for the 2 remaining nights. What a great place! The beds were comfy, the showers nice, the kitchen clean and a super helpful staff. A great experience!

Hi there, thank you for that great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Quiet and comfortable, just a few minutes walk from the city centre. The woman at the reception was very friendly and super helpful, she really made us feel welcome.

Hi there, many thanks for your great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Thanks for being so helpful, really enjoyed our stay and hopefully we'll be back again!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • LPMarshall

Hi there, thank you for the lovely review. Kind Regards, Ian

I absolutely loved this hostel! It's so beautiful and the staff was so friendly and helpful. The location right off of O'Connell Street was great. I really enjoyed my time there and loved getting to meet new people!

Hi there, many thanks for the lovely review. Kind Regards, Ian

The Hostel is nice and pleasant,. Rooms have all the comodities necessary, the breakfast is a bit frugal and you have to pay 1.50 if you want coffee. Location is good, 15min walk from the city center.

Hi there, many thanks for you review. Kind Regards, Ian

Loved our stay here! Staff were great and place was great value for money. Super clean everywhere and acsess to many communal areas to relax in which is nice. Will definitely be coming back and recommending to family and friends!!

Hi there, many thanks for your great review. We hope to have you back soon. Kind Regards, Ian

Great location! 10mins by car from the airport. 10-15 min walk into the city centre. Staff was very nice and helpfull. Breakfast included: cornflakes, white toast, marmelade, orange juice. was okay as it is "for free" anyway. Kitchen you can use every time of the day, (friying pan and stuff could be exchanged but still did it's job). It also could have been a lil bit cleaner in the room but it wasn't too bad. Would definetly come back and recommend this hostel.

• 19th Mar 2015

Hi there, many thanks for your review. Kind Regards, Ian

It is very easy to get to the hostel and the staff was very gentle and helpful - we got maps and recommendations what to do (in what way) .. Nontheless, we booked two beds in an eight-ladies-room and were a little shocked by the beds. People with backache should avoid the beds if they want to enjoy their stay in Dublin. Furthermore, the windows were a little tricky to open / close - Despite sleeping in the direction to the main street, they did not close properly which made the traffic annoying.

• 19th Mar 2015

Hi there, we will get brand new beds for the dorm soon. The windows work fine and out team is always there to help/ Kind Regards, Ian

Amazing staff - so kind, knowledgeable and helpful! I'd stay here again

• 15th Mar 2015

Hi there thanks. That is great to hear. Kind Regards, Ian

Reception closes at midnight but I emailed ahead of booking and was told to call the emergency number outside the door and someone would let us in. We called for twenty minutes straight until someone answered which left three girls standing on the streets of an unfamiliar city at 1 in the morning. We had to move rooms after the first night which was frustrating but not terrible. The hostel is about a 10/15 minute walk from the River Liffy up O'Connell Street so its an okay but not great location

Hi there, you must have dialed something wrong. Other guests never have a problem to be let in meditatively. I am sorry that you had to change rooms, we informed Hostelworld about that and they try to sort something out, so guests do not need to change rooms anymore. Kind Regards, Ian

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4