The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Nothing really stood out about this place, not bad but not memorable either. Staff were friendly. Our room had the handles removed from the radiator so we couldnt adjust it and the room was very hot. We slept with the window fully open in January. There is a water pump outside the window so wasnt a great nights sleep. Also the window opens onto the smoking area, there wasnt anyone out there during our stay but if there ever was they would be standing directly outside your window. Room no. 2.

Hi there, thank you for letting us know. I will get someone in to soundproof the water pump. There is a valve on the radiator to tun off the heat. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoyed your stay with us.

My friend and I stayed in a twin-bed-room with ensuite bathroom. The room itself was spacious and even had a extra two beds as it's probably also used as a 4-bed-room. Overall cleanliness in the hostel was good, especially when it came to the bathrooms, though I found some hair in the sheets which wasn't all that pleasant. The staff was very ncie and helpful.

We had a wonderful stay! The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly and the entire house was very nice and comfortable! Especially the TV room(s) and the kitchen are a big plus for this hostel! The only thing that we disliked was the floor in our room. Considering that the rest of the hostel is so clean, we didn't understand how it is possible to have so much dirt in our room. However I must say that we didn't complain about this at the reception. Overall impression is very positive tough! :)

• 22nd Jan 2016

Hi, I talked to our housekeeping team and retrained them in order to clean even better. We are known to be one of the cleanest hostels in town. We have a brand new kitchen and breakfast area now. :-)

Very friendly staff, good standard rooms nothing more or less than I expected. Toilets and drains could use a little tweaking but nothing major.

• 15th Jan 2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We will replace the chairs soon.

Had the best stay here. Rooms were clean, the receptionists were very helpful and the location was nice. Couldn't really ask for more.

Hi, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself at the hostel. Kind Regards, Ian

Thanks for everything :)

Hi, thank you for your review. Glad to hears that you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind Regards, Ian

Ian, the hostel manager, the other staff members and the housekeeper are so friendly! I've been staying at the hostel for two times already. Firstly, I stastayed in a private double room and lately I stayed in a dorm room. Both was just great. Also the shared kitchen and the two living rooms are very pretty and comfortable. I will definitely come back! :)

• 3rd Jan 2016

Hi, thank you very much for your great review. We hope to see you again. Kind Regards, Ian

We had a wonderful stay. Thank you very much. We wouldn't mind if you had locks to rent at the front desk. Staff was enthusiastic and helpfull but occaisonally had difficulty understanding english.

• 26th Nov 2015

The staff was nice and helpful.

When you pay 40 euros per night you could expect a little more space in your room than to fit the bed (and the bed only). Our bathroom was not so clean and it smelled like sewage ;( I assume it was because of old sewage system, but really -can nothing be done about it? Also the breakfast could be a little more, maybe something not-sweet (cheese?) to our toast and is coffee really that much so it cannot be complimentary..?

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Poland

Very pleasant stay. Hostel was clean and staff were friendly.

• 20th Nov 2015

Great location, close to city center, 10 minutes by foot. Staff was very helpful and nice. We were suprised, when we found out that tea and coffee is not included in breakfast menu, you need to pay 1 euro if you want a cup. I think it should be free of course..

This is a great hostel! Staff is very friendly and helpful! Internet connection in the common areas works well and the shower pressure was good! The breakfast was ok. Location is great, not right in the middle of the city center but walkable distance to all the main attractions! Would go back!

nice quality for price, well situated and comfy. Nothing luxurious but enough for a stay

Very nice People around here

• 29th Oct 2015

Fix toilet in room 2 & it was also really hot in our room.

• 25th Oct 2015

It was a bit dirty and damp in the room we had. Overall we had an okay stay as we were just in the hostel to sleep.

• 19th Oct 2015

Our stay at the hostel was very enjoyable. The location is good, the staff is very helpful and friendly and our room was cozy and clean. It was nice to be able to cook downstairs in the kitchen and the atmosphere in the hostel was very youthful, nice and neat. The only negative thing we could think of was the toilets. At times they were quite ineffective what it comes to flushing and functioning, but it wasn't a huge problem.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Finland

I simply loved my stay in the Dublin Central Hostel. My cousin and i stayed in a double room with a nice and clean bathroom plus a window bank to sit on and watch people on the street. The staff was so nice and helpful at any time and they made sure you are always fine. The Hostel offered a lot of activities like craft beer and whiskey tours or outings to the Cliffs of Moher, all the way to the western part of Ireland, which i joined. In a nutshell, next time in Dublin: Dublin Central Hostel!

• 16th Oct 2015

We had the top floor double bedroom it was quiet and it did us for the short weekend break. However the bathroom wasn't very clean there was lots of hair in the shower and just looked like it needed a good scrub. This also apply a to the bedroom, the bedsheets were clean but the floor etc just looked like it needed a real good clean. All in all it was fine and very welcoming and I would use the hostel again as the location was good for the price and it felt secure. The staff were friendly .

« first « Prev 1 2 3