The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

The staff was very helpful and friendly! Check in and out was effortless. A very enjoyable stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

We had a double bed room on the 3rd floor and the internet connection was really bad and we couldn't use it. That's the only annoying thing. The dining room and the tv room were very nice!

• 25th Jun 2015

We had a fantastic time in Dublin and the hostel was a big part of it. The location is not far from all the buzz in the city centre and the stuff was always friendly and helpful. If I ever stop by Dublin again the Dublin central is definitely worth a stay. I recommend it.

• 25th Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Friendly staff. Very helpfull. Breakfast was a bit disapointing. No warm water in the shower after 1.00 am.

The toilet in our room didn't flush all the time. I was surprised there were no lockers, just a locked janitors closet that they let anyone into if you ask (you don't even need to show your key) and don't check what you take is actually yours. The staff was wonderful and the place was very clean. The breakfast was simple but nice. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 21st Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

As far as hostels go, this is the place to stay! The staff was extra friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great te and felt right at home.

• 21st Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Small hostel in a location easily walkable location to O'Connell or Temple Bar. Comfy beds and quiet atmosphere makes for a low key stay. However, there are no lockers in dorms and no secure luggage rooms.

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

They staff was so great! My friend left her luggage on the airline bus and the front desk helped us to get in contact with them and emailed me throughout the day as we were on a full day trip to the Cliffs of Moher so it allowed us to do the day we hand planed. They were so helpful in this process and I would recommend to stay here!

• 18th Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Nice personnel, good locatio Kitchen needs to be refreshed (new pans)n, correct room

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

I stayed two nights, Monday and Tuesday and the Dublin Central Hostel was very, very quiet. I had the entire 8-bed dorm to myself which was pretty nice. The dorm itself was large with wood floors, big windows, and real bunkbeds overlooking the street and a bathroom ensuite. Common rooms, kitchen were simply furnished but clean and comfortable. Small patio for smoking or breakfast. Located along bus routes for the city central AND the airport. It sets a high bar for future hostel stays.

• 15th Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

staff was generally rude and unhelpful.

Thanks so much for everything. We had such a great stay with you!

• 13th Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Wonderful hostel- loved having a private room.

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

Perfect hostel if you want to get away from the noise of temple bar, but still within walking distance to everything. We stayed here twice and would definitely return. Breakfast was good too.

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

This is definitely a family and couples hostel. Quiet hostel. We were a family of 4 travelling and booked in to an 8 bed mixed dorm. Free upgrade to a 4 bed dorm was very much appreciated. Affordable laundry services. The man in the reception was very helpful with information about Dublin. A little bit outside the 'centre of Dublin' but a doable walk to the very centre. Breakfast was fine. Great machine coffee for 1 Euro which was a great break from instant coffee. I would def stay here again

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

The best hostel we've ever had in Dublin!

Hi there, thank you for the great review. Kind Regards, Ian

cheap and cheerful stopover but i thought the staff could have been a bit more cheerful and xociable

• 6th Jun 2015

Hi there, thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Ian

Very helpful staff. Made good recommendations for tours & places to visit . It isn't clear for first time visitors, that if you press the buzzer on the wall, you will be admitted to drop luggage etc. With a phone number beneath the buzzer, you may think you need to phone. A note to say "door bell" or "press for entry" might be helpful .

Hi there, thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Ian

This is the first hostel I have ever stayed in and I had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helped us figure out way around Dublin. The location was pretty good, not in the middle of the city but still walking distance to everything. The rooms were pretty nice, and they had shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and towels you could use for free. The free breakfast was pretty great too! I would definitely stay here again!

Hi there, thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Ian

I was lucky enough to have an 8 bed Mixed to myself for 2 nights. So that was a plus. The walk from the Needle (city center, essentially) was a bit tedious and long. Nice stay though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6