The Dublin Central Hostel Reviews

5 Blessington Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Very conveniently situated- can easily walk into centre and on bus route from airport. Room fine & clean. Good value.

I found the choice of dorm a little ... different. I was put with long stay dorm mates who all knew each other and been there a while, in Europe or America and so on, you would get to meet people from all over and rarely want to leave leave without their company, bit of a "drunken Irishman stereotype" selection process I think which I felt unfair.. I didnt really want to back when I checked in and left the premises

Unfortunately the room we got was downstairs and felt kinda damp! The hostel overall was good and breakfast was fine!

Was a good stay, adequately equipped hostel, not too far from the center, staff was ready to help

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi, many thanks for your great review. Best Regards, Ian

Nice, clean and friendly place. Perfect for a restful night of sleep. Very friendly staff. Wifi works perfectly in rooms and common area. Only 10minutes' walk to the city center. Bus station right in front of the hostel. (46a to city center & UCD) Can definitely recommend it!

I stayed only one night but my room (8 bed only woman) was very big and confortable, with a clean bathroom inside. Wi-Fi works well in the bedroom. Breakfast is included although I miss it because I left earlier (it starts at 7.30). A 5 minutes walk to O' Connel St where all the buses to/from the airport depart. The only "bad" thing is that the bedroom was in a 3rd floor, no elevator (could be annoing if you have a big bag). I would definetly come back.

Hi Natalia, many thanks for your nice review. We hope to see you again. Best Regards, Ian

The hostel seems new and is very good to stay here for a trip at Dublin. Maybe 15-20 min to go to the city center but it was not a problem for us. The breakfast is good but please give free coffee. :)

Hi Elise, many thanks for your review. Best Regards, Ian

Great accomodation, very nice staff, excellent location. But the horrible moisture smell in the bathroom (room 7) was a nuisance, not only there but also in the whole dormitory. That can't be healthy.

Hi Marianne, we will look into it. It is hard to have fresh air in a 8 bed room, if the guests not open the window. Best Regards, Ian

Thank you my dear Ian. Was great like always...

Hi Steffi, many thanks for the great review. We will see you in November. Best Regards, Ian

Great hostel, nice staff, very helpful, and great value!

• 10th Jul 2014

Hi, many thanks for your review. Best Regards, Iam

Friendly and helpful staff.

• 8th Jul 2014

Hi Stacey, many thanks for your review. Best Regards, Ian

Not far from O'Connell street, but pretty far if you plan on walking to most of the tourist spots. TV signal in the common room goes out every time a bus drives by, which is every 2-3 minutes. Cash only payment was inconvenient.

Hi Kaytlun, many thanks for your review, Best Regards, Ian

Really need a shelf in the shower and the blinds were broken. But loved the room overall. Best hostel we stayed in during our Europe trip.

• 28th Jun 2014

Hi many thanks for your review. Sorry for the blinds, they will be replaced soon. :-) Best Regards, Ian

The place is super clean and quiet! Great for a restful night of sleep. The staff is really friendly and the facilities are nice. Would stay here again.

The hostel was very nice. This is on the opposite side of town from Trinity College, St. Stephens, etc. That would be my only recommendation when considering this location. Make sure you know where you are staying. This side of town is a little rougher, but the accommodations better than those we stayed in on the other side of town.

Hi Katie, many thanks for your review. We are a "proud north side" hostel, we do have Step hen's Green, but the Phoenix Park . No Trinity College, but the Braden of Remembrance and the GPO. No Temple Bar, bit true Dublin pubs. :-) Best Regards, Ian

We stayed with my boyfriend one night and we liked the room but not the mattress... It must be renewed because it hurts on your back. The breakfast was ok and the hostel has all you need ( kitchen, terrace, and well located).

The girl at reception was very nice and helpful. Laundry is available, which was nice. The wifi worked well and overall had a nice experience here.

Hi Er in, many thanks for your review. Best Regards, Ian

Very good hostel for a decent price. Staff was very nice and helpful about all the things I needed :) I give a thumbs up about the shower/toilet in our room. Very good thing. Thicker door or double door in the room would be nice because we heard all the sounds at the lobby in the middle of the night.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Hi, many thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Best Regards, Ian

A great place to stay in Dublin. A little way out of town but easy to walk into the centre. Safe, clean and secure. I would stay there again.

Hi Kathryn , many thanks for your nice review. Best Regards, Ian

I can only comment on the private room with ensuite bathroom, which was quite nice, clean, and included a mini-kitchen/refrigerator as an added bonus. Definitely a good value. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Hi, thank you very much for your great review. Best Regards, Ian