5.2
Rating 261 Total Reviews
5.2
Rating 261 Total Reviews
The Duke of York Located at 45 Harrowby Street, , London.
England
London W1H 5HT 45 Harrowby Street
52% 261
51.5175159 -0.1639580
    Rooms available

• Italy, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

The hostel is very nice from the outside and in the inside too. The room in which my friend and I have been was lightful, big, clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice with all the costumers. Very kind when they show you your room and they explain all that you need to know. They were gentle even when we asked them to check if we booked or not, or even when we left the key inside of the room. Unfortunately my friend and I didn't wake up in time to have breakfast, but we will come back! :D

22nd Apr 2016
4.9

The rooms are very small, the bathrooms are very small, the hostel is not clean, you need to bring your own padlock, there is weird Wi-Fi (you need to register and there are problems with speed). All in all it is a bad hostel but if you need cheap place to stay not extremely far from centre and you book few weeks in advance you will probably end up there anyway. Btw, there were no mice as I read in previous reviews.

• Poland, Male, 31-40
21st Apr 2016
4.6

It is really wick plase. Facilitis is tragic.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
18th Apr 2016
6.6

Location was convenient and staff was friendly. One of two washrooms was not operational. The roof was leaking, despite it being a sunny day, and wet substance dripped onto the bed. For the price, it was exactly what one would expect. A nice place to lie low for a day or two, but no more.

8th Apr 2016
4.6

The pub downstairs is fine but the hostel is definitely no good. I tried many hostels in London and that was the worst mattress EVER !! Breakfast is simple but okay, just don't overstay in the pub coz they'll kick u out for cleaning...

7th Apr 2016
6.3

People keep in mind it is w bar and it is ok to stay there for a couple of days. Not more

2nd Apr 2016
6.9

uncomfortable beds, good location

• Albania, Male, 18-24
31st Mar 2016

The location of this hostel is fantastic! It is right next to Edgware Road just a few minutes from Oxford Street and Hyde Park. I stayed in a 9 bad dorm. All of the other guests were a very pleasant. I was checked in by a French guy called Coco who was very helpful and showed me to the room and gave me a guided tour of the hostel. The showers were hot. Only downside was no kitchen. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• France, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2016
5.7

I hopefully was just staying for one night but one of my friend had to stay last minute so we managed to find a bed at 3am asking the manager (but I mean if he wasn't my friend, they didn't ask for an id or anything) and in the morning there was no toilet paper in any toilets and I woke up a tad before 8am.

• Poland, Female, 18-24
25th Mar 2016
2.0

Terrible! No security, dirty toilets and shower rooms (I tried all of them and all were disgusting) plus no toilet rolls or soap. we booked 15 mixed room - all were men, mixed race, and only we were only two ladies! Management didn't know where we should sleep as all beds were occupied. People were living there rather then staying for vacation. They smoked inside, fart, burp and god knows what else. I was sleeping for an hour and we left at 6am in the morning. Avoid!