The Dwellington Reviews

8 Halswell Street, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand

Very nice modern hospital with great facilities, Large supermarket very close by which is useful for the large communal cooking/dining area Bedrooms clean and spacious, would stay again!

The best hostel we've every stayed in!! This hostel is quite new, so feels as modern as a classy hotel. The rooms have swipe card access, and common kitchen has european bosch appliances. It's the most modern high quality decor we've seen on this trip (incl a stay at a Grand Mercure). The reception was unattended when we arrived, and after unsuccessfully calling the hostel phone, someone arrived after 10min . The hostel is walking distance to thecity centre. We'd definitely stay again!

Super place where my friends and me felt like home. The guy with the blond hair in the reception was awesome. Everytime nice to give tips and help. Thank you it was nice ^^

Really nice hostel!!

It´s a fantstic nice hostel- the atmosphere is great, the garden nice; its clean, the kitchen is great, the hostel is so well designed- its one of the best hostels I ever was!!!!

We had a nice stay here for two nights in wellington. The place isn't that central but it makes up for it with lovely staff, nice rooms and cheap rates. We stayed over a weekend and there was a bit of noise but nothing to really complain about.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Erinna

Awesome place to stay, definately the best place in wellington. Only 10 mon walk out from the centre but nice quiet area

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

ACE PLACE TO STAY FEELS LIKE SECOND HOME. CLEAN EVERYWHERE, LOVELY KITCHEN SPACE . IF YOUR STAYING IN WELLINGTON AREA YOU'LL BE A FOOL TO NOT STAY HERE.

A big let down, this hostel is located quite far away from central town and had terrible wifi which constantly cut out through our time there. The staff were very unprofessional, as when we first turned up the receptionist was too busy to greet us as he was drinking with his mates. Reception was usually shut throughout the day, when some information on the local area would have been beneficial. This seemed more like a place for long term stayers, though a plus was the big supermarket next door.

This is one of the classiest and most recently renovated hostels I have ever stayed in. Beautiful original historic building. Everything but the smell of the sailors that boarded there I 1840.

• 20th Jun 2014

Absolutely excellent. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. If you're looking for a quiet and boring hostel... This isn't for you!

One of the coolest hostels from my recent trip. The kitchen is very cool with a nice common area right next door. Every evening all the travelers would hang out in the common area. I had a lot of fun here. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. For the money, I never had a better hostel for the rest of my trip. My only concern would be that the front door frequently did not close all the way.

I was disappointed with our stay at the Dwellington. It is an acceptable place to spend the night but I am sure there is better out there. It is a bit of a walk to the city center (10-15 min). Website said they had parking but it was really limited. Our room was a bit dirty - it clearly had not been vacuumed. The bathrooms were ok but there was only 1 shower and 2 toilets by our dorms. The staff wasn't very accommodating. Reception closed earlier than it was supposed to and did not open on time.

It was a good hotels but the atmosphere consisted of people just sitting in their laptops talking amongst their own groups. Didn't feel welcomed but was a nice clean hostel.

very nice backpacker.lovely place.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent hostel, great facilities and the staff are very friendly. Will definitely return.

Not a bad place at all, but it has not been my favourite. my room was right by the kitchen to very noisy late into the evening and early morning. The cats were sweet

• 2nd Jun 2014

love the place, a little bit small on the upper room, but spacious on the ground floor. avoid room besides the dining room, very noisy at night. nice kitchen, spacious dining room, and feels homey. a bit crowded though.

Excellent design of the hostel, dorms were extremely spacious! Definitely one of the best hostels I've lived in!

The Dwellington was a really nice hostel with lots of nice people and travellers. I stayed for four nights but would have loved to stay a bit longer. The hostel was clean and bright with a lot of common areas and a great kitchen. The rooms were nice and clean as well. Would def recommend staying here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3