The Dwellington Reviews

8 Halswell Street, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand

I spend a really great moment at the Dwellington, the staff is really kind with the guests. They purpose a lot of activities as the brewery tour of Wellington or Jenga tournament. Really Clean (Rooms, showers ...) a lot of facilities (free Wifi for example, tennis ...) I recommend to every one, for sure you will spend a very good time

• 26th Sep 2014

I liked this hostel because it was very clean, modern and not huge like others making it feel more homely. I did however think it was a little out the way in location as a single female traveller walking back at night, however it was good because you got a good nights sleep & the hostel cat's are cuties... Would stay again for sure!

Fresh new place where I was expected smart built. But the walls let all the sound go everywhere. In the dorm1 you can't sleep until the kitchen get quite ! In the morning, the nice music wakes up you too early. Well design furnitures but it don't create a lovely and friendly atmosphere.

It's nicely renovated and clean hostel. About 15 mins walk to the CBD and 10 mins walk from the bus station (if you're taking Naked Bus). Love the location as it's quiet - not a party hostel. I will definitely come back! :)

The hostel is very clean, the rooms are big. The only negative comment I have is that Dorm 1 is too close to the kitchen and lounge which makes it not very quiet when people is around. But the place was quiet at night, so it wasn't a problem to sleep.

I had a great time here, would be cool if there were lockers. Free Breaky was ideal and staff were friendly

Everything was pretty clean... No lockers but room require an access key. One of the only place in NZ with free wifi but it is hard to log on when everyone is on. Car park is really limited.... Good kitchen facilities and free breakfast is a real plus.

Mixed feelings: Clean and tidy with good kitchen facilities. Staff were really friendly, smiling & helpful, or super rude, dropping f-bombs that you dare interrupt their conversation with friends for questions. Pot luck on who you get. Front desk was always closed earlier than the 22h00 advertised. WiFi was good when you got it, but hit and miss. Good location, supermarket across the street and CBD only 15 mins walk. Dorm was lockable, but no lockers. Beds comfortable. TV room basic but good.

This would be great for long term people... For one or two nights it was a bit alienating. The desk closed early, and we arrived to essentially no welcome or help. Also the layout was such that we had to disrupt everyone in the TV room to get to the bathrooms.

It was every noisy on the Sunday night when we stayed, and one window in the room was broken and had been patched up with brown tape but still let in quite a draft which made the room chilly.

• 3rd Aug 2014

We had our worst stay here of any hostel in New Zealand. There is a dominant 'long- timer' clique who ignore or are rude to all short-stay visitors. My hostel dorm room was next to a really noisy social area which fills with drunken long- timers until 3-4 am making it impossible to sleep. A nice building and reasonable location, could be easily improved with midnight noise restriction and by organising a few activities. If you stay here avoid room 1.

The wifi worked on "plug and pray" basis, but otherwise the hostel was nice and friendly (and the free breakfast is definetely a plus :-) ).

Comfy beds, friendly staff and very clean. I thought the check out by 10 AM was a little harsh though. I had only just arrived in NZ, was rather jetlagged and could have used some extra sleep. Still though, it was a nice place.

Very nice modern hospital with great facilities, Large supermarket very close by which is useful for the large communal cooking/dining area Bedrooms clean and spacious, would stay again!

The hostel was very spacious and there are a lot of updates that have been done to make it more modern.The WIFI is free, however it's very limited and you can only access it standing in certain places in the hostel!

The best hostel we've every stayed in!! This hostel is quite new, so feels as modern as a classy hotel. The rooms have swipe card access, and common kitchen has european bosch appliances. It's the most modern high quality decor we've seen on this trip (incl a stay at a Grand Mercure). The reception was unattended when we arrived, and after unsuccessfully calling the hostel phone, someone arrived after 10min . The hostel is walking distance to thecity centre. We'd definitely stay again!

Super place where my friends and me felt like home. The guy with the blond hair in the reception was awesome. Everytime nice to give tips and help. Thank you it was nice ^^

Really nice hostel!!

It´s a fantstic nice hostel- the atmosphere is great, the garden nice; its clean, the kitchen is great, the hostel is so well designed- its one of the best hostels I ever was!!!!

We had a nice stay here for two nights in wellington. The place isn't that central but it makes up for it with lovely staff, nice rooms and cheap rates. We stayed over a weekend and there was a bit of noise but nothing to really complain about.

• 27th Jun 2014