The Dwellington Reviews

8 Halswell Street, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand

This is a great hostel!! The facilities are so nice, the staff is great, and there is a really friendly and sociable environment. Wifi isn't great in the rooms or kitchen, but works well near the entrance. The free breakfast is awesome!

The wifi wasn't working a good portion of the time I stayed there. So that wasn't great. And I noticed that the cleaning staff didn't mop the floors or dust the blinds. Both were extremely dirty in the bathrooms. The staff was ok. I liked that we had to have a room key to get in. I would have liked the top bunk to have some kind of security on the side so we ciuld feel more safe while being in the top bunk. I liked that they supplied a light breakfast in the morning and played music.

The wifi needs fixing, for the entire time we were there we rarely were able to connect, very hard when you are trying to plan and book accommodation for the days ahead.

Lovely Hostel, run by lovely people. The beds were nice and sturdy. Only downside was the WiFi sucks.

Really enjoyed our stay very relaxed atmosphere and staff were friendly and helpful.

Great hostel, with a very homely feel! Pros: Clean, friendly, and a more mature crowd seems to stay there which is great. Cons: Internet is pretty bad, and kitchen can get quite crowded. Overall, awesome hostel though :)

Pretty much what you're looking for; spacious kitchen, lots of clean rooms and decent showers/bathrooms - even including a simple breakfast. Not too long walk from the bus and train stations (maybe 500m?). Lots of long-termers.

Nice rooms, great staff. Kitchen can be intense in the evenings but it's just part of the atmosphere.

• 25th Jan 2016

Everything was clean and tidy, beds were comfortable. Shame about the wifi though, otherwise a great hostel!

• 21st Jan 2016

Good location! Just a couple minutes walking distance from the New World grocery store and close enough to downtown to walk there easily!

We had a great stay at the D'Wellington and enjoyed the great atmosphere with great people. Also the staff was very obliging! Thank you for this great time in Wellington!

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Well equipped hostel in Wellington. Excellent kitchen and bathroom facilities. Only problem we had was noise from other guests sitting and drinking in the court yard below our room. Some were laughing and carrying on until 3am. Not the hostel's fault though. Not much you can do about rude A holes. Also, the wifi only works in the lobby of the hostel which is absolutely tiny.

Hostel was clean and comfortable. Location was decent, right next to some cafe's and a supermarket but a bit far from the actual center city. By far the best thing about this hostel was the staff, in the morning we asked the reception desk to call us a cab to take us to the port so we could catch the ferry to the south island but the staff (man named Frasier) drove us there (plus a couple others) for free! Would definitely recommend.

Best hostel weve stayed at in 6 weeks NZ. Great atmosphere and clean facilities. Spacious dorms! Great stay.

Free tennis courts and racquets to use, nice shower and bathroom facilities. Comfortable beds.

Great time in the Dwellington - nice walk into central Wellington and good facilities

The Dwellington is definitely a nice hostel. The rooms are clean and there's a great yard. During my stay, people tended to leave dirty dishes all over the kitchen which the staff then had to clean up. Definitely not the hostel's fault though. The free breakfast is nice!

I had so much fun here! Fraser and Fiona were absolutely fantastic, friendly and made Christmas abroad such a great experience. The hostel itself has a great kitchen, great beds (second best to my bed at home), and nice, clean facilities. It's a little out of the way, but right across the street from a grocery , near the green belt path and it's really not a far walk to downtown.

I loved the feel of this hostel! It was quite a walk from the centre of town but I liked the fact that you were out in the suburbs a bit and there was a supermarket and a few shops only 2 minutes walk which was perfect! The room I had was huge, which is great when you have a backpack and need a bit of space for your clothes to explode onto the floor :D I loved the fact that every bed had a plug socket but it would have been good if each of us had a lamp. I would definitely recommend this place!

VERY clean , I saw cleaners most mornings , beds were fresh and comfortable , toilets showers etc all immaculate . Fairly good location . Bad points - Wi Fi is terrible . Tv room a bit run down . Staff were never rude to me , but ( apart from the pregnant blonde lady ) could have been much more welcoming and a bit friendlier. Gave me the impression they were all run down and needed a break from their jobs . All in all a great Hostel and I would recommend to anyone .

« first « Prev 1 2 3