The Elevator Hostel Reviews

11, Calçada do Lavra, Lisbon, Portugal

TheElevatorHostel was a great host, we felt really welcomed, they gave us a lot of tips about Lisbon, where to go and what to see and it was all really worthy. The Hostel itself was really clean and with its own character. We liked it a lot. And it's just 5 min walk to nice local restaurants and the center of the city. It also has a terrace with great views to have something fresh drink during the sunset!! Totally recommendable!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Staying at The Elevator's made my trip to Lisbon more enjoyable. The location is ideal -central but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle so I spent two quiet nights in my room. The staff (receptionists, the cleaning lady and the girl in charge of breakfast) are really nice and helpful -the kind that makes you walk off with a smile on. As for the atmosphere, the people I got to talk to in the breakfast room proved to be nice. And as far as cleaning goes, everything is spotless.

Hey! Many thanks for your kind words. We really strive to make your stays unique at The Elevator Hostel. Happy travels TEH Team

This was such a great hostel! Right in the city centre with everything on walking distance. The staff was really nice and helpfull. They were telling us all about the city. The rooms were nice and big and the beds were really comfortable. Really good!

Staff are amazing. So friendly and helpful. Spent time outside of work with one staff who showed me cool bars, free fado tour, salgado exhibition. Really made my Lisbon stay special. Security: big lockers for free! Cleanliness: everything spotless, always. Location: very central, at the beautiful trams which are so pretty and a pleasure to see everyday. Breakfast: homemade spreads, fresh bread and coffee, tea selection, biscuits, fresh juice, cereal. So good! Dorm rooms: quiet & comfy!

Wow! What can we say? Thank you so much for your feedback! It's a powerful motivator for us! Happy travels! TEH Team

Very nice and clean hostel with upgraded hi tech showers and good WiFi. Honestly probably one of the best hostels on the planet

Hey! Thank you for sharing this! Great to have you here! Cheers TEH Team

simply loved this hostel! instantly warm welcoming, cool atmosphere, lovely staff, clean and very centrally located (in few minutes you’re literally everywhere) beautifully designed with love for details,very bright rooms, cozy common areas–and amazing staff! arriving totally exhausted in the very late night hours they instantly made me feel warmly welcomed in lisbon. though traveling a lot I hardly ever found so helpful, nice ppl. thank you guys!! I’ll definitely come back, whenever I’m around!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Hey! It felt great to read your comment! We do try hard to have you guys enjoy your stay in Lisbon! We'll be waiting for your next trip. Happy travels TEH Team

Very tidy and nice, right next to the fumicar and near restauradores area. Didn't have a huge social element but would depend who is ther. Staff are really nice! Recommended for sure

I had a great stay at the Elevator Hostel. The hostel is located halfway up a steep hill which is a bit difficult with luggage or without sturdy shoes, however if the tram is running that is always another option. I arrived early and they allowed my friends and me to store our luggage. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating and allowed us to get breakfast a few minutes before it was supposed to be served so that we could get to our bus on time. I would definitely come back.

• 10th Jul 2015

stumbled on this place by accident, and it was a very pleasant surprise. beautiful hostel, with an awesome view from the balcony. rooms are spacious and comfortable, power and USB outlets by every bed, great bathrooms, good breakfast, everything was good. The people at reception were great, and one guy there even called the airline for me to help out, really went above and beyond to help. a female staff made us feel uncomfortable, seemingly no manners and always grumpy,but we didn't see her much

Our stay there was great, the staff very helpful and kind and the hostel itself is really pretty! We would definitely stay there if we were to visit Lisbon again.

Thank you your comment. You're always welcome

nice staffs, very well located in quiet area, close to the center. not many people at that time when i was there. So i would recommand,someone does who sick of crazy party hostel, or need some time for self. I would definitely Go back!

Comfortable and very well located. Just a slight rise to get up to the front door but definitely doable. Staff were helpful. The room was fine, quite loud but that was to be expected the nights we were there. Breakfast was nice enough.

A nice clean hostel with nice staff. A quieter hostel than others in Lisbon but good location and good facilities.

We had an awesome stay at the hostel! Friendly and helpful staff, everything was clean and nothing to complain about!

Hi! Many thanks for your feedback. It is a great motivator for us. Hopefully we'll see you again soon in Lisbon...cheers

Loved staying here, Staff is awesome

the elevator hostel is a great option in lisbon, cheap price for the comfort it offers, the staff is awesome, always there for anything you need and just great guys overall, the breakfast was really good although i read a couple comments about not having fruits i thought it was still really good for the daily fare! the only thing is the shower close to room 22 the door does not close well so you end up with a soaking floor but thats just a minor thing, i will for sure come back!

Hola! Thank you so much for your fedback. Be sure we'll be waiting for you when you come back :-) we'll even dust the red carpet! :-)

Great hostel but far from the city center. Staff dozed off and didn't have breakfast ready.

Thank you for your comment. We were wondering what part of town you had in mind when you refer to Lisbon's City Center. Most times people refer to Rossio/Restauradores area which is, well, next door. But we understand that it is a subjective notion depending on ones own personal preferences. We'll investigate this thing about 'late breakfast'. Thank you again

The shower worked well. Breakfast was good. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. One slightly bad point is that the access to the hostel is not really easy for older people or heavy luggage, no problem for backpackers.

Thank you Armanda for your feedback!