The Elevator Hostel Reviews

11, Calçada do Lavra, Lisbon, Portugal

The hill up to the hostel is not for the faint hearted but worth it for the views (particularly from the bathroom on the 2nd floor and the balcony on the 3rd). Thankfully there's a lift inside! This hostel isn't the kind of place where you can socialise a lot but it's perfect if you want a quieter time or are travelling with people you know. The staff are really friendly even if 1 of them did smoke weed with his friends outside. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I'd stay there again.

Everything was amazing! The staff was super-helpful (above and beyond), and the facilities were excellent. My single complaint was the trek up the hill with a lot of luggage.

The hostel is very clean, bright, and welcoming. The staff were very friendly however could be slightly more helpful. There's a great common area upstairs with awesome views. Highly recommend the Elevator Hostel!

We stayed in a private double bed room, and it was fantastic! The room and the bathroom were both great and very clean. The location is fairly good, but be wary that it is up a hill. Nevertheless, this was a great hostel.

The main thing that stood out to me was the elevator hostel was the cleanliness. Clean, bright, welcoming. Awesome views for the top which is a communal kitchen area which is nice. Staff weren't all that helpful but still very friendly. Would book again next time I'm in Lisbon.

The hostel is brand new and very modern. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious. Great location in the centre of town but be prepared for an uphill walk! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Wifi was a little average at times. The free breakfast was good.

Currently writing this review from the PC in this hostel. We originally stayed here a week ago, and have returned for a second visit on our way back to UK as we were so impressed. The hostel is bright, new and clean throughout. Breakfast is perfectly satisfactory, with cereals & toast, yoghurt, cheese, ham and fruit juice. There is a communal kitchen should you wish to cook your own food and snacks such as chocolate bars and cans of pop are sold at the reception. We will most definitely return!

• 30th Jul 2014

We would definetly come back to the Elevator Hostel and can recommend staying there. The hostel is a very nice, clean and trendy furnished place to stay. It is only a 5min walk to the city, the staff is very friendly and helpful with any issues you might have.

Elevator hostel was very clean, great staff, complimentary breakfast that was constantly topped up and kept fresh. The hostel has two living areas and it's easy to feel at home. I enjoyed my stay and recommend it!

The hill is a b*tch. Nice staff tho :)

Thank you for helping us find the hostel when we arrived in Lisbon late in the evening and for being so helpful during our stay

Great place to stay in Lisbon! Excellent staff, great location, clean, safe, comfy. Could not ask for more!

Great location! Very close to Metro, yellow train, water and train to other towns and cities. Amazing, friendly staff. Be prepared to walk a steep hill to access hostel, but I loved this aspect. Amazing views and very clean. It's a little loud at night, but that's only because of the available nightlife nearby as well as World Cup excitement. Overall, it was well worth it to stay at this hostel.

• 7th Jul 2014

Many thanks, it was great having you here!

Very clean and comfortable washrooms though the windows aren't covered because there is no direct neighbouring building.

Everyhing was great, staff was awesome and very helpful!

I was very happy with all the stuff at TheElevatorHostel. They were really positive and helpful, Greeted with a beautiful smile and a friendly character, he helped me carry my suitcase over the very steep hill where the building is located about halfway. The place is new and you can tell, as it looks clean and the facilities are in nice condition. I checked-in without trouble and after some friendly conversation I was shown the shared room I was to stay in, very luminous and with balcony with a

• 31st May 2014

Great modern hostel in a great central area. Staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome.

The hostel was beautiful with a great view of the city from the top floor. The location was great, just close enough to the city center but not directly above the loud bustling tourist-filled streets. Fabio at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful, and gave us some insider tips and cultural/historical info about Lisbon. The internet did not function in our room, nor on the top floor main area, which was inconvenient. But considering the price, I think this hostel is well worth it

Really helpful staff and brand new, simple rooms. We had a little terrace of ou own, which was a great suprise! Good value for money and relaxed, peaceful atmosphere.

Hostel was very centrally located. Breakfast was more than adequate with fantastic views over the city. Our room (double, en-suite) was clean, light and comfortable; the shower was hot and we had our own outside seating area. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel is about a minutes walk up a steep tram track.