The Emperors Crown Backpackers Reviews

85 Stirling Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

I only stayed for one night as I passed through Perth, and jetlag kept me from really delving into the atmosphere of the place. But people seemed friendly, the place was clean, and the staff was helpful. It doesn't stand out on my radar as anything special, but I certainly had no complaints.

I didn't like this hostel! Staff was not very helpful if you wanted to know something. They wouldn't turn the air condition in the rooms on and it was really hot! Not enough lockers for all persons in the room. Wifi was really bad in the common area and no wifi in the rooms. I didn't feel comfortable and wouldn't recommend staying in this hostel.

Had so much fun here! Really comfortable with loads of areas to hang out. I stayed in a 4 bed girls room which was attached to a girls only area, which has its own lounge, kitchen and bathrooms which was pretty cool. You can tell it is quite an old, bit run down building but obviously that is to be expected. Staff were really nice and friendly. There was also an awesome party one night that I stayed too which made the weekend! Will definitely be back!

• 6th Nov 2015

Location of this hostel is great, as it is a walkable distance to the city and bars. They only have free parking for 5 cars at the back and on street parking is free from 5/6pm. The wifi is good but is not available in rooms. The atmosphere is not very lively, but I think it's to do with the way the hostel is laid out. The staff who checked us in didn't seem interested in answering our question but the guy who checked us out was friendly & kind. We stayed in a Four bed dorm and the room was big!

The hostel was serviced every day, room vacuumed, kitchen surfaces spotless, other guests were quiet and never conducted noisy parties, so the evenings were calm and peaceful. Office staff were unfailingly helpful with advice about buses and trains, friendly and welcoming. My bunk was very comfortable so a good night's sleep was enjoyed.

• 29th Oct 2015

The Emperors Crown is my favourite backpackers in Perth. The location is excellent: on street parking, very central, but not a busy street They close the courtyard at 10:30pm which helped me get a good sleep, even on a Saturday night.

i enjoyed myself very much thank you all

I booked a room in a mixed dorm but they put me in a female only room, because they were full, can't understand why,was ok, party hostel not the best for a good nights sleep early, rooms and beds were clean

Overall, my stay was great except for the fan in the bathroom which was noisy and need to be repaired. Highly recommended hostel in Perth!

The staff were extremely friendly and willing to help with anything. The quality of service was extraordinary, and would be my main visit for a second visit!

• 6th Jul 2015

When I got to the hostel, there was a gas problem and I couldn't take a shower until the next morning. That really got me angry because I was traveling for too long and all I expected was to have a hot shower in the hostel. (As many of the guests there) And the wifi was too slow.

It was my second time at this hostel and I'd totally recommend it to my friends. I love the common area outside and the laid back staff. Me and my friend booked a 4bed female dorm and got upgraded to a private room with 2 double beds, our own bathroom etc. That was amazing, thanks for that!! The only thing missing was WiFi reception in that room. I think if I'd pay more to have my own room I'd expect to have WiFi like everyone else.