The Emperors Crown Backpackers Reviews

85 Stirling Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Good atmosphere and location. Stayed in the delux double, well worth the money! Ensuite and big bed, very clean and in a quiet corner. The hostel was buzzing- great atmosphere! One down the road seemed alright too from the outside.

I loved Emperor's Crown. Short walking distance to the 'downtown' area, quiet, clean, and the private ensuite was no different than an actual hotel room, with REAL beds and a BATHTUB! After staying in hostels for three weeks straight that were more typical, I nearly wept to have so much luxury, haha. Front desk people were friendly. Great stay, if I ever came back to Perth I'd come right back to Emperor's Crown.

I only stayed one night but it was really nice and clean!!! I met there great people!

• 4th Sep 2014

Nice spot, 24 hr service, quiet, clean. Pretty good!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Lot of cleaners cleaning every day. Kitchen has a lot of utensils. Enjoyed our stay a lot, but lost our nintendo 2ds here. Probably got snagged. Just a quick reminder to everyone to always watch your stuff... security otherwise was good. Could've happened anywhere.

Brilliant stay. All the staff are fantastic and extremely helpful, esp Tom and Andrea. I have stayed in many hostels and this is my absolute favourite. Large rooms with lockers, great outdoor spaces for socialising, good sized kitchen. Close to the city centre but without the noise of traffic and trains. I would not stay anywhere else in Perth

good location , it's a bit expensive for the room,

Perfect location in the heart of Perth. More like a hotel than a hostel. If you're looking for good quality accommodation then this is a great place, but if you're looking for the typical hostel atmosphere then this isn't it. The staff were lovely and helpful except for one night staff member who let the team down.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The mattress was about 4 inches thick, and the pillowcase and sheets had a high thread count (basically means high quality). The kitchen had cupboards labelled for each bed of each room, and there were always free stuff left by other people at the table at the hallway to the rooms. Great location too a block away from the Museum and two blocks away from CBD. Not a backpacker place though so hard to meet people. More like hotel without the hefty price tag!

Appalling service. Arrived from Melbourne to check in for my booking to find the front door locked, nobody inside, no answer to the intercom AND when I called their contact number they also didn't answer the phone. Luckily Brittannia on William were friendly and accommodating so I managed to get a bed for the night there instead. DO NOT BOOK AT EMPEROR'S CROWN IF YOU ACTUALLY PLAN TO CHECK IN!