The Emperors Crown Backpackers Reviews

85 Stirling Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

it was quite alright. the room was really clean and in our bedroom was a locker for every one of us - you have to bring your own lock though (you can buy one at the post office for $10). bathroom was also alright - not as clean as at home but it was really ok :) the only negative aspects were that we only had 2 power points for the four of us and there was no wifi available in the room. the wifi in the lobby wasn't really good - enough for whatsapp and emails but skype didn't really work.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Could do with staff with more local knowledge.

One of the best hostels in Perth. Good location and price. Kept pretty clean (amazingly clean in comparison to other Perth hostels) only comment would be to keep on top of removing previous guests left behind belongings in rooms. Good atmosphere, lots of fresh faces each day. Some long termers, but not too noticeable as its a big hostel. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Stayed 6 nights, very enjoyable, was just a standard good hostel really! Relaxed vibe, put on things to do and pretty good location, short walk from city centre and even shorter walk to Perth central station! Was ideal and would recommend staying here

• 22nd Dec 2015

Really nice place.very clean and the staff were excellent.

The bad are not that good, and some of them have a rail all throw the top bunk making it hard to climb in and out of bed.

Good hostel, great atmosphere whilst i was there, everybody spoke to everybody. Only a 5min walk out of the centre of town / train station. Rooms could do with a clean a little more often and the kitchen is way too small for the size of the hostel - only 1 worktop to prepare everybodys food on! Would stay again if i ever revisited perth

I only stayed for one night as I passed through Perth, and jetlag kept me from really delving into the atmosphere of the place. But people seemed friendly, the place was clean, and the staff was helpful. It doesn't stand out on my radar as anything special, but I certainly had no complaints.

I didn't like this hostel! Staff was not very helpful if you wanted to know something. They wouldn't turn the air condition in the rooms on and it was really hot! Not enough lockers for all persons in the room. Wifi was really bad in the common area and no wifi in the rooms. I didn't feel comfortable and wouldn't recommend staying in this hostel.

Had so much fun here! Really comfortable with loads of areas to hang out. I stayed in a 4 bed girls room which was attached to a girls only area, which has its own lounge, kitchen and bathrooms which was pretty cool. You can tell it is quite an old, bit run down building but obviously that is to be expected. Staff were really nice and friendly. There was also an awesome party one night that I stayed too which made the weekend! Will definitely be back!

• 6th Nov 2015

Location of this hostel is great, as it is a walkable distance to the city and bars. They only have free parking for 5 cars at the back and on street parking is free from 5/6pm. The wifi is good but is not available in rooms. The atmosphere is not very lively, but I think it's to do with the way the hostel is laid out. The staff who checked us in didn't seem interested in answering our question but the guy who checked us out was friendly & kind. We stayed in a Four bed dorm and the room was big!

The hostel was serviced every day, room vacuumed, kitchen surfaces spotless, other guests were quiet and never conducted noisy parties, so the evenings were calm and peaceful. Office staff were unfailingly helpful with advice about buses and trains, friendly and welcoming. My bunk was very comfortable so a good night's sleep was enjoyed.

• 29th Oct 2015

The Emperors Crown is my favourite backpackers in Perth. The location is excellent: on street parking, very central, but not a busy street They close the courtyard at 10:30pm which helped me get a good sleep, even on a Saturday night.

i enjoyed myself very much thank you all

I booked a room in a mixed dorm but they put me in a female only room, because they were full, can't understand why,was ok, party hostel not the best for a good nights sleep early, rooms and beds were clean