The Emperors Crown Backpackers Reviews

85 Stirling Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

I booked a room in a mixed dorm but they put me in a female only room, because they were full, can't understand why,was ok, party hostel not the best for a good nights sleep early, rooms and beds were clean

Overall, my stay was great except for the fan in the bathroom which was noisy and need to be repaired. Highly recommended hostel in Perth!

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff were extremely friendly and willing to help with anything. The quality of service was extraordinary, and would be my main visit for a second visit!

• 6th Jul 2015

When I got to the hostel, there was a gas problem and I couldn't take a shower until the next morning. That really got me angry because I was traveling for too long and all I expected was to have a hot shower in the hostel. (As many of the guests there) And the wifi was too slow.

It was my second time at this hostel and I'd totally recommend it to my friends. I love the common area outside and the laid back staff. Me and my friend booked a 4bed female dorm and got upgraded to a private room with 2 double beds, our own bathroom etc. That was amazing, thanks for that!! The only thing missing was WiFi reception in that room. I think if I'd pay more to have my own room I'd expect to have WiFi like everyone else.

If you want a hostel that is dirty, no atmosphere and terrible customer service then this is for you! Don't expect to sleep in past 9am as you'll be waken up by 2 obnoxious and overly loud cleaners, who will do everything in their power to ensure they wake you up. You will also find that the reception will be left unmanned for several hours at a time during the day. This was particularly helpful when I wanted to catch a bus to the airport (which I subsequently missed and had to get a taxi)

At checkout they asked to leave their luggage, so I directed them to the luggage room.. In the early afternoon we had an emergency at another property which I had to respond to. II was away for around 45 minutes. As soon as I got back they started shouting at me as they couldn't get their luggage and had "missed 2 buses". I left the luggage room open in case of this, but they had put their luggage in the totally wrong room! Now a bad review, despite not complaining at all during their stay.

Dirty and smelly hostel. Cockroaches everywhere!

It's a pity that outside the room, people don't really interact much even though there are so many people hanging around the common area!

• 11th Apr 2015