The Emperors Crown Backpackers Reviews

85 Stirling Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Very clean & good quality, friendly & helpful staff! The only thing that was a little on the downside was that you could only get internet for free for 30 min per day.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Clean, tidy, newly furbished with a funky bright feel. What I would expect from a city backpackers. Very comfortable bed and quiet. Smelled great!

Clean hostel, good facilities. Our 4 bed dorm had an ensuite bathroom. Close to the railway station.

Really good hostel!

Good location, quiet during the day but fun at night.

Just average! Not enough facility.

Staff were rarely around at reception. There were cockroaches in the rooms and showers. When I complained, I was told "that's Australia" yet didn't have them in other hostels. The rooms are dirty in general. I stayed in a four bed girls room and the carpet between the bed & wall had all kinds of garbage on it like q-tips, hangers, wrappers, etc... Kitchen hours are not good. Wifi is limited. People from other hostels were often hanging out in public areas and in the rooms.

Great location, quite area and not far from all the happening in Northbridge!! The hostel is clean, has a big kitchen facility, a small outside area and a small common room area! You'll get free wifi for 30min when you check in and from then on it will cost you! There is parking for first come, first serve at the back! I hope the replace the locks by now, as with my key i sometimes didn't manage to enter through the jammed lock...

They put single duvets on double beds and turn them sideways so they only come just over halfway up the bed. I turn it myself and I am only okay because I am on my own and don't need to share it with anyone else. Unfortunately, also the shower head in the ensuite was dripping constantly and I couldn't shut the sliding door as it didn't fit in the slider. It really needs to be fixed. The bedrooms feel run down. I have been there a few times now and will try somewhere else next time.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

I recently stayed at the Emporers Crown, and found everything to be fine. The staff are very helpful and polite and treat you like a family member. The facilities are spotlessly clean.

• 23rd Jan 2014

Only one thing I did not agree with was it's was high 30s and the air con in the rooms are turned on from 7pm till 5am... That's the only thing they need to change.

• 13th Jan 2014

Excellent value for money. Only qualm was our mattress was a bit lumpy but our friend's room was a lot better so we were just the lucky ones! Would recommend anyway.

• 10th Jan 2014

Great staff and great atmosphere. Loved the outside areas 😊

This is a big professional hostel a few minutes walk to the central station in Perth - really clean, good cooking facilities, lockers, very comfortable and quiet. It doesn't really have a social atmosphere but if you just want somewhere comfortable to sleep it's pretty good.

Nice hostel. Very quiet during the day but easy to meet people in the evening. I extended my stay to six days rather then two.

Great hostel with heaps of space for quiet areas and the court yards were great places to have a few beers and meet some awesome people. Huge kitchen and plenty of room in the 4 bed dorms. Great location with super markets and the main bar area all within a 5 minute walk. 10:30 curfew for the outside areas allows people to sleep and keeps any noise contained. I had no hestitation booking a second stay at this hostel.

Never stayed in a hostel before so don't know what to compare it to but I enjoyed my stay here and it looked a lot tidier than some of the other ramshackle looking hostels we passed. Aircon in the room was good and the staff were helpful.

• 11th Dec 2013

Nice young English staff who really help you out, especially Nick. Good showers with space to take things in and put on a shelf to keep clean and dry. Note free wifi is only for half an hour a day but you can use computers in nearby library for free (but printing there is difficult). Really good kitchen, lots of fridge space. Room didn't smell too good.

Some tips would be highly appreciable as: Individual lights for each bed rather than a large one on the room ceiling Decrease the level of the music in the court yard Also the metallic bed placed on top of each others are poor quality, very noisy when moving.. If you occupy the top bed also, there is absolutely no space to put some personal belongings.

• 25th Nov 2013

Didn't score high on security as it looked as though anyone could just walk in and out of the hostel. Otherwise, we were happy with our stay! It's a quiet hostel after 11pm, not a party hostel; that said, there is ample space to meet and interact with people -- couches in the common area, the kitchen, and small corners with desks/sofas. The toilets were very clean and dry. There are a good number of toilets, very well located too. Only stairs to the second floor, watch your luggage weight!