The Emperors Crown Backpackers Reviews

85 Stirling Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

When I got to the hostel, there was a gas problem and I couldn't take a shower until the next morning. That really got me angry because I was traveling for too long and all I expected was to have a hot shower in the hostel. (As many of the guests there) And the wifi was too slow.

It was my second time at this hostel and I'd totally recommend it to my friends. I love the common area outside and the laid back staff. Me and my friend booked a 4bed female dorm and got upgraded to a private room with 2 double beds, our own bathroom etc. That was amazing, thanks for that!! The only thing missing was WiFi reception in that room. I think if I'd pay more to have my own room I'd expect to have WiFi like everyone else.

If you want a hostel that is dirty, no atmosphere and terrible customer service then this is for you! Don't expect to sleep in past 9am as you'll be waken up by 2 obnoxious and overly loud cleaners, who will do everything in their power to ensure they wake you up. You will also find that the reception will be left unmanned for several hours at a time during the day. This was particularly helpful when I wanted to catch a bus to the airport (which I subsequently missed and had to get a taxi)

At checkout they asked to leave their luggage, so I directed them to the luggage room.. In the early afternoon we had an emergency at another property which I had to respond to. II was away for around 45 minutes. As soon as I got back they started shouting at me as they couldn't get their luggage and had "missed 2 buses". I left the luggage room open in case of this, but they had put their luggage in the totally wrong room! Now a bad review, despite not complaining at all during their stay.

Dirty and smelly hostel. Cockroaches everywhere!

It's a pity that outside the room, people don't really interact much even though there are so many people hanging around the common area!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Definitely the best hostel I stayed in. Other guests and staff were very open-minded, friendly and helpful. The kitchen is very big and everyone has his own little shelf, the bathrooms are cleaned every day - as well as the rooms! Sitting in the lobby from late afternoon til nighttime was always fun because all the people are hanging out there. Therefore, it's easy to make new contacts. To the city Centre and pubs/clubs/ bars it's a short walk but it's still central!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Clean. Nice staff and good wifi. what more do you want...

Clean place (toilets, rooms, common areas) although kitchen was little bit a mess. Usually there were dirty dishes on every table.. 4bed doorm was big and there's big lockers for everyone. Air con is on only nights about 10pm to 7am. Atmosphere is not that social than usually in a hostel but very calm and quiet. Staff were great and really helpful and friendly!!

Good hostel. Clean. Good WiFi!!! Which is a must . comfortable. Best hostel I have stayed in in ages!! Lockers were good but no individual bed light or plug socket I would suggest a lamp on the room instead so that people on late or up early can put a lamp on rather than main light. Definitely recommend.

The location is pretty good, but saw a few cockroach in the washroom for a few time, not clean as the review mentioned. One night the staff didn't turn on the air-condition and it's so hot to fall asleep

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

The emperors crown is superb! Friendly staff, modern facilities and quiet.