The Finnish Church in London Reviews

33 Albion Street, Rotherhithe, London, England

Nice staff. YO do need to inform that if you stay at the hostel on a Sunday you ma y not have any breakfast since the staff is off on mondays. ( No refund offered, just an apology. There is aneed for lockers for guests!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The room was a small bunk room but shared with lovely quiet lady who I never really saw. The on site cafe was also brilliant with a taste of Finland. Access to the Sauna included in the cost of my stay was an added bonus.

• 31st Oct 2014

This place is really only good for being close to work, say at canary wharf, and to stay a few nights. Its very clean, and beds are ok. Problems: Next to a busy road, the other isfe of the building is noisy on weekend. Beds are Hard! The reception opens at 8:30am. Which means you can't leave luggage or plan another night until then, potential problem. No kitchen facilities, but it has a sauna. They put the important thing in first ;-) staff are great, place is very safe.

The people there are all very nice. The place is very clean. All of the staffs are working hard to maintain the place. I will definitely go back again if I get a chance. On my last day there, I had to leave early, the girl just arrived work in the morning, but she spend time packed me a free breakfast with a danish pastry, cucumber cheese sandwich and a juice. I am so surprised that she did that just for me. I am an Asian and speak no Finnish but English. I felt very welcome. Thank you.

Clean and calm. A good place to sleep and plan the day. Easy and fast subwaytrip to London City. Good bus-lines nearby. Deli, fish-and chips and a few pubs nearby.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

In general we were very satisfied with our two-night stay. Our first night was Sat/Sun, and we were disturbed the whole night through (until 7 am!) with the beat of "music" from a club (in a disused building almost opposite the Church, apparently illegally occupied). Surprising that the police have not put a stop to this. The next night was quiet, and we slept well.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is good. By the way, there were 3 moments that I have to speak about: their net sucks when you are in the upstairs bedrooms. Once, and this is the second advice, their net stopped working and I told to one of the girls but she got angry showing me the sign of her cell. In the end, I was right because other people came to tell the same. Third: another woman said that we had to leave: "Pick up your luggage!" BUT we still had one day left and I had to show her my online payment.