The Finnish Church in London Reviews

33 Albion Street, Rotherhithe, London, England

The people there are all very nice. The place is very clean. All of the staffs are working hard to maintain the place. I will definitely go back again if I get a chance. On my last day there, I had to leave early, the girl just arrived work in the morning, but she spend time packed me a free breakfast with a danish pastry, cucumber cheese sandwich and a juice. I am so surprised that she did that just for me. I am an Asian and speak no Finnish but English. I felt very welcome. Thank you.

Clean and calm. A good place to sleep and plan the day. Easy and fast subwaytrip to London City. Good bus-lines nearby. Deli, fish-and chips and a few pubs nearby.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

In general we were very satisfied with our two-night stay. Our first night was Sat/Sun, and we were disturbed the whole night through (until 7 am!) with the beat of "music" from a club (in a disused building almost opposite the Church, apparently illegally occupied). Surprising that the police have not put a stop to this. The next night was quiet, and we slept well.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is good. By the way, there were 3 moments that I have to speak about: their net sucks when you are in the upstairs bedrooms. Once, and this is the second advice, their net stopped working and I told to one of the girls but she got angry showing me the sign of her cell. In the end, I was right because other people came to tell the same. Third: another woman said that we had to leave: "Pick up your luggage!" BUT we still had one day left and I had to show her my online payment.

• 19th Jun 2014

I am very pleased with our stay. I wish a possibility to choose Finnish bread for breakfast every day. Another wish is a stove to cook i.e pasta, but I understand it is not possible in the existing small pantry. Very good with hairdryer.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

A quiet place to sleep. I recommend!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Finland

I might come back and book again.

• 2nd Apr 2014

It is a good place for young travellers and for everybody who want a Finnish touch abroad. For me, on the other hand this one night was quite an ordeal. The general facilities (sofas and a cafeteria etc.) were closed at 8pm. After that , the only place for you was the bed. There was only one chair for six people in my "room" which had three "army" double beds. The space between beds was like 2 ft. The general facilities were closed totally the next day.

• 9th Mar 2014