The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers Reviews

39 Robins Road Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

Perfect nights sleep each time,great showers,lots of kitchens,plenty of space in bedrooms,laundry service,lovely lounge with good tv,chilled out cosy atmosphere, but mostly it was the staff. In particular Chris! He booked EVERYTHING for me that I needed booked. Very smart bloke, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, organised, dedicated to his job and the exact kind of person you want for the meet and greet in a G-R-E-A-T hostel.Would be spot on if it was in town, but then it's so peaceful. Roisin!!

Loved this hostel! Great facilities

I love how friendly everyone was there. The staff genuinely seemed to enjoy getting to know a little about each person. I don't think I stayed at any other hostel in New Zealand where the staff cared about putting a name to a face as much as flaming kiwi did. Even the other people staying there were friendly. We got a "good morning!" from multiple people when we were making breakfast that we'd never talked to or even seen before. This was a great hostel and I wish we spent more time there.

The nicest staff ever and the best hostel I've stayed in. You must have a chat with Kent, he is top notch!

• 4th Dec 2014

I liked it here! I heard one of the staff complaining about their hours allotment and workload distribution. Not sure if it's true, but thought I'd mention it. I would definitely stay here again.

Super nice owner, a bit out of the way of downtown though but it is closs to a grocery store.

Loved this hostel! Felt like a home away from home and the staff were very nice and accommodating! Loved that they had 3 kitchens and plenty of storage space for food. Free wifi and free tea and coffee were nice too! Great atmosphere once you get people talking too.

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers Hostel is very kind to provide free wi-fi, free coffee and free seasonings. Staff of the hostel also clean the kitchen and public area daily, that maintains good quality of your facilities. Thanks and we'd like to stay in the hostel more often.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

A great hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. The owner even reserved the bottom bunk for me! Clean hostel ....more bathrooms would be good but never a problem. Free wifi and bikes!

The best hostel in NZ. First time away from home and I felt as if I never left. Has a brilliant home feeling and great atmosphere. Bathrooms always clean and kitchens always clean. The staff in the hostel are so helpful. The hot tub is sweet. Beds where comfy and rooms where well looked after. Thanks to Kent and Chris for everything!