The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers Reviews

39 Robins Road Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

I think this place is overrated. My bed did not have a cover sheet for the blanket. Also there are some long termers that seem to do whatever they want like sleep two to a bed and get "busy" while everyone sleeps. Also the long termers don't talk to anyone outside the group and take over the common areas making it uninviting for someone new.

Awesome hostel! The staff were super helpful and friendly - helped me a book a few trips, let me chill and use the wifi after checking out and held my bags all day while I went off and skied. The room I stayed in was quite spacious and the atmosphere was very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• 9th Jul 2015

Just need another washing machines other than that everything is amazing, people and the location are great

• 21st Jun 2015

The flaming kiwi is close to the cheapest market, has reliable wifi, and a very hot spa:) I stayed here before I started my travels in NZ, bringing all of my stuff with me. I'm talking three big bags, and the staff was kind enough to help me drag them up the stairs and lock it all up. When I wanted to travel but felt like I couldn't bc I had so much stuff the staff was kind enough to keep it all in locked storage for about two weeks. When I returned, it was all still there. Thanks flaming kiwi:)

• 20th Jun 2015

We stayed at the flaming kiwi for 3 nights and loved it! Location was great-- 5 min walk to the gondola and 10 minutes to right downtown. The hostel is very clean, 3 kitchens, hot tub, free bikes. The staff were very friendly and willing to help with anything. They have a big living room with TV and couches. Unlimited wifi was a huge bonus. Very secure building. Fireplace was nice for cold days. Would highly recommend staying at the flaming kiwi when in queenstown!! :)

Truly outstanding, based on lots of little details: - My flight was postponed a day. Hostel offered to try selling the night I missed, and managed to do so, meaning I didn't have to pay for a night I didn't use - Being given a quick tour of the hostel and shown to your room - Towels provided free of charge, internet that is truly unlimited and works throughout the hostel - Real bathrooms rather than shower stalls! - Excellent location - near centre and also cheap supermarket

The hostel was/is great. I originally intended to stay for a short short time and then get a house but the homely feel and the atmosphere of the kiwi means i'm staying long term. The facilities are great and the staff are very helpful. Hands down the best hostel I've stayed at!!

• 28th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Flaming kiwis is brilliant!! Staff are excellent! kind and very helpful. The hostel has an amazing atmosphere that is very welcoming. Would definitely recommend!

• 16th May 2015

The place is a 10-15 minute walk from the bus station. It's a homier feeling hostel than some of the others and a good atmosphere. There are nicer hostels in Queenstown, though

One of the most homely hostels I have ever stayed in. Very warm environment with very friendly people. Would highly recommend for everyone! Great location 2 minute walk to the centre of town! I will be back!

• 1st May 2015
  • Scotland

Fantastic hostel, very friendly homely environment, very helpful staff and great facilities with only minuets walk to the famous bars and restaurants of Queenstown..... i cant recommend enough!!!

The staff here are the nicest of anywhere I've been, they are so laid back and just socialise with everyone. Atmosphere is good as it's all open plan kitchens and living area. was very dominated by workers though and at first it can be hard to break into the "click". Very homely though. The only thing is that there is only one washer/dryer and that bathroom is always being used.

Spa pool was broken for my stay and internet started to fail for my last 2 days there. They apologized, but a bit disappointed about it

Good hostel with really nice staff. Double room had its own balcony! Backpacker luxury. Good wifi, good location, clean hostel.

Flaming Kiwi is a nice quiet place to stay. Only 3 minutes walk to the centre. All rooms have lockers with a powersocket which we really liked. Free WiFi, 3 clean kitchens a tv-room with free dvd's to watch. All toilets and bathrooms are clean. The only thing with the bathrooms is there are to few so sometimes you had to wait a little to long. For use the big negative was to much longtermers. They formed a group which didn't try to socialize with other people.

Fantastic hostel. Welcoming, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, useful lockers with plugs inside them for charging. Nice communal areas too for meeting people and socialising. Only helpful thing would be a map of bathrooms etc for those of us who can't remember from the first tour- they're a bit dispersed around the place (but there are plenty enough of them). A lot better than southern laughter (also stayed there).

Excellent hostel. Very clean facilities and spacious rooms.