The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers Reviews

39 Robins Road Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

I love how friendly everyone was there. The staff genuinely seemed to enjoy getting to know a little about each person. I don't think I stayed at any other hostel in New Zealand where the staff cared about putting a name to a face as much as flaming kiwi did. Even the other people staying there were friendly. We got a "good morning!" from multiple people when we were making breakfast that we'd never talked to or even seen before. This was a great hostel and I wish we spent more time there.

The nicest staff ever and the best hostel I've stayed in. You must have a chat with Kent, he is top notch!

• 4th Dec 2014

I liked it here! I heard one of the staff complaining about their hours allotment and workload distribution. Not sure if it's true, but thought I'd mention it. I would definitely stay here again.

Super nice owner, a bit out of the way of downtown though but it is closs to a grocery store.

Loved this hostel! Felt like a home away from home and the staff were very nice and accommodating! Loved that they had 3 kitchens and plenty of storage space for food. Free wifi and free tea and coffee were nice too! Great atmosphere once you get people talking too.

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers Hostel is very kind to provide free wi-fi, free coffee and free seasonings. Staff of the hostel also clean the kitchen and public area daily, that maintains good quality of your facilities. Thanks and we'd like to stay in the hostel more often.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

A great hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. The owner even reserved the bottom bunk for me! Clean hostel ....more bathrooms would be good but never a problem. Free wifi and bikes!

The best hostel in NZ. First time away from home and I felt as if I never left. Has a brilliant home feeling and great atmosphere. Bathrooms always clean and kitchens always clean. The staff in the hostel are so helpful. The hot tub is sweet. Beds where comfy and rooms where well looked after. Thanks to Kent and Chris for everything!

Great atmosphere, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Nice hostel, really clean, close to town and supermarket. Great staff, good atmosphere and free wifi. I had a great time in Queenstown and at flamining kiwi.

• 12th Sep 2014

Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Kitchens have everything you need. Is about 5 minute walk to supermarket and 10 into town. Certainly recommend this place

• 13th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

its been a great stay, beds are really comfortable and people are friendly. i booked a week when i got to Queenstown and now on my forth week here. great place!

• 11th Aug 2014

The managers were excellent and even drove us into town after check-out which really helped us with our luggage. Many thanks. Margaret & Claude.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hostel is nice, clean and has everything you need. Location is good - close to supermarket and only a few minutes to city center. Lockers are just for small bags but the power plug inside is good. Free Wifi! Atmosphere could be better, as there are many long term staying people which leads also to little space in kitchen and fridge. Very nice staff.

I stayed here for only one night so I can't comment on every aspect of the hostel, but again I need to complain about the temperature in the room (in the winter). I'm not sure why this is an issue in NZ so often, but it always ruins my mood.

Okay. The staff were good, plenty of people drinking and partying if you are after a hostel with that sort of atmosphere. Wifi was average (pretty slow, struggled to keep up with the amount of people there). Staff were really helpful. Was not overly enthused about the location. It isn't far, but certainly not central either. Bathrooms clean and abundant, everything worked. Kitchen facilities were good and also clean.

Excellent stay here. Fantastic double room with great view, super cosy at night with the heater and staff that were friendly, helpful and accommodating. Would definitely stay there again +++++

• 23rd Jul 2014

One of the best hostels we have stayed at! Lots of kitchen space so it's super easy to cook your own meals, the bathrooms were really clean and the staff super friendly. Really handy that there's off street parking and it's so close to town! Overall a really nice atmosphere, would stay there again in a heartbeat :)

• 19th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

We arrived way later than expected when reception was closed, and the night manager was very accomodating anyways and helped us get settled. All of the staff throughout our stay was kind and courteous, and I felt like the place was very clean. Would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2014

A perfect Backpackers! Nice dorm room with your own bathroom! Clean and spacious Kitchen, with a nice living room!! Locker in the room, with the plug inside witch is pretty clever! Only 5minutes from the center, so close to facilities but quiet to sleep! And a really really friendly Staff !