The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers Reviews

39 Robins Road Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand

The place is a 10-15 minute walk from the bus station. It's a homier feeling hostel than some of the others and a good atmosphere. There are nicer hostels in Queenstown, though

One of the most homely hostels I have ever stayed in. Very warm environment with very friendly people. Would highly recommend for everyone! Great location 2 minute walk to the centre of town! I will be back!

• 1st May 2015
  • Scotland

The staff here are the nicest of anywhere I've been, they are so laid back and just socialise with everyone. Atmosphere is good as it's all open plan kitchens and living area. was very dominated by workers though and at first it can be hard to break into the "click". Very homely though. The only thing is that there is only one washer/dryer and that bathroom is always being used.

Spa pool was broken for my stay and internet started to fail for my last 2 days there. They apologized, but a bit disappointed about it

Good hostel with really nice staff. Double room had its own balcony! Backpacker luxury. Good wifi, good location, clean hostel.

Fantastic hostel. Welcoming, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, useful lockers with plugs inside them for charging. Nice communal areas too for meeting people and socialising. Only helpful thing would be a map of bathrooms etc for those of us who can't remember from the first tour- they're a bit dispersed around the place (but there are plenty enough of them). A lot better than southern laughter (also stayed there).

Excellent hostel. Very clean facilities and spacious rooms.

Perfect nights sleep each time,great showers,lots of kitchens,plenty of space in bedrooms,laundry service,lovely lounge with good tv,chilled out cosy atmosphere, but mostly it was the staff. In particular Chris! He booked EVERYTHING for me that I needed booked. Very smart bloke, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, organised, dedicated to his job and the exact kind of person you want for the meet and greet in a G-R-E-A-T hostel.Would be spot on if it was in town, but then it's so peaceful. Roisin!!

Loved this hostel! Great facilities

I love how friendly everyone was there. The staff genuinely seemed to enjoy getting to know a little about each person. I don't think I stayed at any other hostel in New Zealand where the staff cared about putting a name to a face as much as flaming kiwi did. Even the other people staying there were friendly. We got a "good morning!" from multiple people when we were making breakfast that we'd never talked to or even seen before. This was a great hostel and I wish we spent more time there.

The nicest staff ever and the best hostel I've stayed in. You must have a chat with Kent, he is top notch!

• 4th Dec 2014

I liked it here! I heard one of the staff complaining about their hours allotment and workload distribution. Not sure if it's true, but thought I'd mention it. I would definitely stay here again.