The Flying Fox Reviews

190 Bathurst Road, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

A very convenient location if you are looking to do the Blue Mountains, only a short walk from Katoomba station. The hostel has a very laid back friendly feeling and everyone is welcoming. The rooms and the bathrooms could do with updating but overall a very good stay and I would recommend to anyone looking for somewhere to stay for a few nights.

• 28th Nov 2015

A chill hostel with a very friendly staff, just 10 min on foot from the town center. The only issue I had were the bathrooms: there were just two for all the hostel, so in the evenings and mornings things got difficult.

Definitely the only hostel I'll go to in the blue mountains. Was here throughout October to the middle of November and found myself very comfortable very quickly. Everyone is very chilled and easy to get along with. Coles, dominos and a bottle shop are all walking distance. Probably the only hostel that you'll find has its own cat!!! Will definitely go to again.

Many hostels you feel like. A guest, but at Flying Fox, Ross makes you feel like family. A wonderful, warm atmosphere with great people.

Very nice, everything was clean and as described. The pancakes at breakfast was a really nice surprise. We couldn't check in at 10am because there was nobody at the reception, that was kind of annoying because we wanted to leave our things inside the room before going out.

• 24th Oct 2015

Really lovely place. Great information available. Dorms are a bit cramped but nice social space. No screen time is a good touch as are the home cooked dinners. Easy enough to meet people but there's loads of long termers which isn't so great.

We loved this hostel, we were only in Takoomba for one night but wished we could have stayed longer- everyone at the flying fox was super friendly and everything was clean, Ross has a great staff and set up. So cozy and accommodating!

very friendly group of people and nice atmosphere. good place to meet people cons: slow internet, cold rooms, old style, poor reception availability

Homely atmosphere, arrived on the first night to be welcomed in to a home cooked meal. 7 bedded female dorm very cramped when full. It could do with one less became more luggage storage instead.

There was train works going on when I stayed here and it was so noisy I didn't sleep. For breakfast they ran out of milk. It was quite disorganised and not clean. Staff were not sympathetic to my frustration so I decided to leave and go somewhere else.

Great hostel. Really friendly atmosphere, free breakfast and homemade pizza! Owner was very helpful with recommending walks in the area.

This place was wonderful. Ross was helpful in planning walks, welcoming, and went above and beyond (while I was there, he organized a free pasta bake for all of us). Very welcoming vibe with great people.

The owner was very helpful with helping to decide which walks would suit us and then showing us on the map.

• 21st Aug 2015

Lovely hostel and fantastic atmosphere.

• 16th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel, got great advice for our hike and where to find the local cafés, restaurants and shops! Clean and both breakfast and sheets were included!

• 8th Aug 2015