The Flying Fox

Fabulous 471 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017
7.1

We spent 3 days here. It's a very old home which was run down, especially the bathrooms. There is a lot of long term people living here so they already formed their click. Their room was dirty as. Was no room elsewhere to put our stuff as there stuff was everywhere.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th Dec 2016

The Fox is a great hostel. Ross is fantastic and he always hires great staff. The location is great and so is social hour. It's a brilliant place to meet fun people! It was my second time staying here and I would definitely come back again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
21st Nov 2016

Great little hostel.Bathrooms were similiar to my old grandma's house (very old style) and at times had to wait for a few minutes to access. Nice common areas inside and outside. Staff and long termers are very friendly and helpful. Would recommend if staying for 3+ nights

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
29th Oct 2016
7.1

I only stayed here for one night but I found that there was a lot of people that lived here long term and the rooms felt like I was intruding on someones flat. When I was here they had social time which meant that you couldn't use wifi for a few hours, its a good idea if your there long term but if you are there to explore the blue mountains for a few days its not ideal. The facilities were good and kept in a good condition.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
6th Oct 2016

First hostel where I think: "Damned, I should stay longer"

• England, Couple, 25-30
1st Oct 2016
6.3

Only stayed for two nights, nice, clean, good location and a friendly owner. The atmosphere wasnt very social, only four people spoke to us out of the whole hostel, we tried to speak with other guests but didnt get much in return. Only other complaint would be not enough bathrooms for amount of guests, we were always waiting to use them!