The Flying Fox Reviews

190 Bathurst Road, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

By far the best hostel I've stayed at in Australia so far. There's a great atmosphere, you'll feel at home and like part of the family as soon as you arrive. Lots of good advice on where to go around town or on walks, just ask Ross. I had an amazing time here, and I'll definitely be back.

Stayed at the hostel for four nights and had an incredible time!

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and once again it didn't disappoint. The location is fantastic for any of the Blur Moutains walks and Ross is more than willing to help you pick the right route. The atmosphere is the best I have experienced from any hostel I have stayed in during both my visits to a Australia and all of South East Asia. Cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. You will not be disappointed !!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Great place to spend time in the blue mountains, especially if you're on the younger side and looking for conversation and community.

Amazing hostel, brilliant family dinners, the most lovely staff. Wish I could have stayed forever!

Easily my favourite hostel. The no screens rule between 6 an 9 was great as well as it meant everyone actually talked and played games. Lovely people and atmosphere.

• 15th Jan 2015

I've stayed there recently and I don't think it's better than Backpackers Hostel near by. Its 9 dollars expesive

Very nice hostel. Staff are friendly and they have free tea. Cosy place with all you need for a chilled day in or rest bite from hiking in the mountains

Great place, very welcoming and the owner Ross is the perfect host. By far the most friendly Hostel I've stayed at.

Great atmosphere and very helpful host. I would stay here again.

Seriously excellent hostel located in beautiful Katoomba...great base to explore the peaks, plus it feels like a home away from home, with very friendly staff, common room to meet fellow travellers, and comfortable rooms. I highly recommend

Very friendly and familiar hostel. Ross can give you a lot of informations about what to do! Great breakfast what s included in the price and we had been lucky to share a family dinner! Just amazing.

The Flying Fox was a fun, relaxed and friendly place to stay. It was easy to meet other travellers and the free breakfast was awesome! Lots of cereal, good bread and tea and coffee. Highly recommended.

• 12th Nov 2014

Great hostel and very friendly atmosphere

Great staff, Ross makes sure you feel right at home! Really chilled out vibe only negative was one couple decided to chill out too much in the 8 bed dormer and made it a bit awkward for everyone else. Would spend the extra money next time to stay in a more private room.

• 1st Nov 2014

We chose this hostel due to recommendations by several former guests and it was definitely the right decision. Instead of staying for 2 nights, as planned in the first place, I stayed around 2 weeks altogether. The atmosphere was amazingly familiar - not comparable to any other hostel I stayed at. If you manage to catch him the owner "Ross" is very helpful by pointing out the best hikes for you to do during your available time.

• 31st Oct 2014

We only stayed for a night due to time restrictions but had a really great stay. Some good tips provided on walks around the Blue Mountains. If you're looking for a good backpackers experience this is the place to stay.

Great place to stay, nice and relaxed atmosphere. Added bonus of free breakfast and free wifi :-)

A great hostel. The owner was very helpful giving us advice for what to do around Katoomba. I'm sure we'll be back.

I had a great time a the Fling Fox, staf is really super friendly and also met alot of nice people there. ItIt has a really nice atmosfeer!! The weardest thing was we where theres sundelly witth 5 people from Belgium. It's very clean out there, kitchen is nice and you can relax a nice place inside or outside with a beer or some goon in your hand and chat around. .

View all Blue Mountains Hostels