The Flying Fox Reviews

Cat + Fireplace + Guitar = best evening ever

• 19th Jul 2014

Awesome atmosphere

• 25th Jun 2014

I met awesome people at the fox. Every evening they had a special and there was a fireplace outside. Ross gave me really good suggestions for walks. I really liked the people and the atmosphere at the hostel. I loved the walks I did too, so I'd highly recommend this hostel. It was absolutely great.

Really lovely hostel, homely vibe and nice staff + free candadian pancake breakfast! Thanks!

It was my second time staying at this hostel and for the second time I had a great time! The owner Ross is great as well as the other staff. Friendly backpackers, very sociable environment and cosy and warm atmosphere. Great hostel.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, hands down! Staff is super friendly, location is great, hikes are beautiful. $3 homemade pizza night ain't bad either. 6-9pm social hour with no internet is wonderful- in so many hostels people just sit plugged in. I would love, love to come back!!! Definitely stay here :)

• 3rd Jun 2014

I wish I'd been able to stay longer, this is the best hostel I've been to so far. Friendly, welcoming and homely, I felt like I was staying at a friends house. The only negative comment I could make is that the room I was in smelt a little of damp.

Couldn't fault this hostel it really is awesome, sad that we need to see a 'social time' being put in place (great idea BTW) due to the onslaught of people sitting on phones and laptops in hostels but this is wicked. Only thing I would say is $40 for a bike hire for 10 hours? you could get a car cheaper thats an insane price.

• 5th May 2014

Though the building itself is not the most beautiful and modern, the homly atmosphere and the nice staff make this hostel one of the best I've been to. There is a big community room with a fireplace and from 6 to 9 pm every electronical device is forbidden there so everyone is social. Realy nice. Also, the beds have curtains and you can rent really good bycicles for only 40$ a day (usually 100$)

Need more bathrooms for the amount of beds there are

Really nice place, owner is a fantastic guy. No issues really, but the long term stayers who live there are very clicky. Maybe could organize some evening events.

A quirky friendly hostel with excellend staff.

Great atmosphere, small friendly place, great choice for staying in the Blue Mountains

A wonderful place! Good people and great atmosphere make you stay longer.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Feels just like home

Lovely hostel, perfect to get to the blue mountains walking trails, staff were excellent, really helpful and friendly. Had a chilled out atmosphere, and pasta night for $3 was great way to grt to know people.

Ross the guy that runs the hostel is fantastic. He'll tell you all the local knowledge straight off the bat. The hostel is really social and has a great communal area. There's even a hostel cat to snuggle with! The hostel itself could do with an extra bathroom. Apart from that though you could 100% use the hostel as your long term base for the Blue Mountains. Would stay there again.

Exceelent hostel in a great location with a fantastic host, Ross (You are a legend) This hostel is a must, I wish I could have stayed much longer it is so relaxed, just like a home and very sociable. Ross gave some great advice on some stunning walks, the blue mountains are magnificent. Our walk ended with a mile to get back to the hostel and Ross even drove by the finish point to see if we needed a lift back, now that is service If you are planning on coming to the Blue Mountains stay here !

The advice given on the local area from staff here is top notch - I only had one day in the Blue Mountains and Ross' advice was second to none at ensuring I saw everything I wanted to and more in one day. Weather was pretty miserable while I was here, but the hostel vibe was great none the less - and "social time" of an evening was a big part of this. The bedrooms were big and clean / comfy, my only slight issue was only two bathrooms and the lack of power to the shower. Free breakfast too!

Small and nice hostel with a very familiar atmosphere. The host makes an effort to offer a nice stay. Further more he knows really good Walking tracks which he will explain to you if you ask. The living room is communicative and if you like, you always find there other people who will join you to play games, puzzle or make music.

• 2nd Mar 2014