The Flying Fox Reviews

190 Bathurst Road, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

Really cosy, homely hostel. Loved the BBQ, great atmosphere in the evenings, wish we could have stayed longer!!

Best hostel I've stayed in, met some great people and had a really good time. Would definitely stay again

Lovely, homely hostel. Friendly atmosphere.

Best hostel we've stayed at yet. Chilled and friendly atmosphere, but also well-managed, clean and secure. Perfect base after hiking or just a good place to relax and get away from the bustle of Sydney! Social 'no screen' time in common areas in the evening was great as it helped people bond and have fun together. Didn't want to leave and will always recommend it!

We had a great stay in a spacious double room. The owner of the host was very helpful

Great hostel, amazing people, felt like being part of a big family from the first day on.

• 17th Mar 2015

Cozy place, felt like home. Warm and relaxing atmosphere. Really enjoyed staying there. If only there could be one or two toilets more, it would be even better place. Can recommend.

I was staying in the flying fox tow nights and if I ever come back I'd stay there again. Super nice owner ross, how has welcomed us with real good coffee and chocolate!!! He showed us beautiful hidden trecks where we went to. After a warm shower in the evening we were sitting together in the backyard around the fire and listen some guitar or had a nice chat. Really good place to stay... Thanks! All good on ya!

• 9th Mar 2015

By far the best hostel I've stayed at in Australia so far. There's a great atmosphere, you'll feel at home and like part of the family as soon as you arrive. Lots of good advice on where to go around town or on walks, just ask Ross. I had an amazing time here, and I'll definitely be back.

Stayed at the hostel for four nights and had an incredible time!

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and once again it didn't disappoint. The location is fantastic for any of the Blur Moutains walks and Ross is more than willing to help you pick the right route. The atmosphere is the best I have experienced from any hostel I have stayed in during both my visits to a Australia and all of South East Asia. Cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. You will not be disappointed !!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Great place to spend time in the blue mountains, especially if you're on the younger side and looking for conversation and community.

Amazing hostel, brilliant family dinners, the most lovely staff. Wish I could have stayed forever!

Easily my favourite hostel. The no screens rule between 6 an 9 was great as well as it meant everyone actually talked and played games. Lovely people and atmosphere.

• 15th Jan 2015

I've stayed there recently and I don't think it's better than Backpackers Hostel near by. Its 9 dollars expesive

Very nice hostel. Staff are friendly and they have free tea. Cosy place with all you need for a chilled day in or rest bite from hiking in the mountains

Great place, very welcoming and the owner Ross is the perfect host. By far the most friendly Hostel I've stayed at.

Great atmosphere and very helpful host. I would stay here again.

Seriously excellent hostel located in beautiful Katoomba...great base to explore the peaks, plus it feels like a home away from home, with very friendly staff, common room to meet fellow travellers, and comfortable rooms. I highly recommend

Very friendly and familiar hostel. Ross can give you a lot of informations about what to do! Great breakfast what s included in the price and we had been lucky to share a family dinner! Just amazing.

View all Blue Mountains Hostels