The Flying Fox Reviews

190 Bathurst Road, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

I had a great time a the Fling Fox, staf is really super friendly and also met alot of nice people there. ItIt has a really nice atmosfeer!! The weardest thing was we where theres sundelly witth 5 people from Belgium. It's very clean out there, kitchen is nice and you can relax a nice place inside or outside with a beer or some goon in your hand and chat around. .

Really nice chilled out hostel. Free breakfast and wifi too :-)

Best place to stay in Blue Mountains. Really nice staff always willing to help. Great atmosphera in a great place. Highly recommended!! I would come back!

The staff are trying their best to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Everyone is nice to each other, travelers that just wanna share their stories and adventures. 5 min walk from the train station, a big cheap vege shop next door, 3 sisters viewpoint about 30 min walk. The hostel got a good breakfast and WiFi, very pleasant balcony and garden, big dormitories. The only downside is just I had to get back to Sydney and couldn't stay longe. next time!

A friendly

Awsome people, awsome place. Everyone is freindly and I've met so many interesting people. What it lacks in moderness it gains in friendliness

• 11th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've been to! Thanks for the great stay!

Very Nice place and people. Definitely a place to stay longer and have good moments sharing with people.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Chill vibe and friendly people - overall great atmosphere! Social hour from 6-9pm helps travellers stay social and the free breakfast in the morning is a plus too. Everyone is really helpful in giving recommendations or tips for activities in the area. Also, front and back doors have a number lock and rooms have small lockers. Would stay here again!

Cat + Fireplace + Guitar = best evening ever

• 19th Jul 2014

My favorite hostel in all of Australia. I was only there for 2 nights, but I will remember the atmosphere and the people forever. :) Seriously, the Flying Fox is everything a hostel should be.

Awesome atmosphere

• 25th Jun 2014

I met awesome people at the fox. Every evening they had a special and there was a fireplace outside. Ross gave me really good suggestions for walks. I really liked the people and the atmosphere at the hostel. I loved the walks I did too, so I'd highly recommend this hostel. It was absolutely great.

Really lovely hostel, homely vibe and nice staff + free candadian pancake breakfast! Thanks!

It was my second time staying at this hostel and for the second time I had a great time! The owner Ross is great as well as the other staff. Friendly backpackers, very sociable environment and cosy and warm atmosphere. Great hostel.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, hands down! Staff is super friendly, location is great, hikes are beautiful. $3 homemade pizza night ain't bad either. 6-9pm social hour with no internet is wonderful- in so many hostels people just sit plugged in. I would love, love to come back!!! Definitely stay here :)

• 3rd Jun 2014

I wish I'd been able to stay longer, this is the best hostel I've been to so far. Friendly, welcoming and homely, I felt like I was staying at a friends house. The only negative comment I could make is that the room I was in smelt a little of damp.

Couldn't fault this hostel it really is awesome, sad that we need to see a 'social time' being put in place (great idea BTW) due to the onslaught of people sitting on phones and laptops in hostels but this is wicked. Only thing I would say is $40 for a bike hire for 10 hours? you could get a car cheaper thats an insane price.

• 5th May 2014

Though the building itself is not the most beautiful and modern, the homly atmosphere and the nice staff make this hostel one of the best I've been to. There is a big community room with a fireplace and from 6 to 9 pm every electronical device is forbidden there so everyone is social. Realy nice. Also, the beds have curtains and you can rent really good bycicles for only 40$ a day (usually 100$)

Need more bathrooms for the amount of beds there are

View all Blue Mountains Hostels