The Flying Fox Reviews

190 Bathurst Road, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

I've stayed there recently and I don't think it's better than Backpackers Hostel near by. Its 9 dollars expesive

Very nice hostel. Staff are friendly and they have free tea. Cosy place with all you need for a chilled day in or rest bite from hiking in the mountains

Great place, very welcoming and the owner Ross is the perfect host. By far the most friendly Hostel I've stayed at.

Great atmosphere and very helpful host. I would stay here again.

Seriously excellent hostel located in beautiful Katoomba...great base to explore the peaks, plus it feels like a home away from home, with very friendly staff, common room to meet fellow travellers, and comfortable rooms. I highly recommend

Very friendly and familiar hostel. Ross can give you a lot of informations about what to do! Great breakfast what s included in the price and we had been lucky to share a family dinner! Just amazing.

The Flying Fox was a fun, relaxed and friendly place to stay. It was easy to meet other travellers and the free breakfast was awesome! Lots of cereal, good bread and tea and coffee. Highly recommended.

• 12th Nov 2014

Great hostel and very friendly atmosphere

Great staff, Ross makes sure you feel right at home! Really chilled out vibe only negative was one couple decided to chill out too much in the 8 bed dormer and made it a bit awkward for everyone else. Would spend the extra money next time to stay in a more private room.

• 1st Nov 2014

We chose this hostel due to recommendations by several former guests and it was definitely the right decision. Instead of staying for 2 nights, as planned in the first place, I stayed around 2 weeks altogether. The atmosphere was amazingly familiar - not comparable to any other hostel I stayed at. If you manage to catch him the owner "Ross" is very helpful by pointing out the best hikes for you to do during your available time.

• 31st Oct 2014

We only stayed for a night due to time restrictions but had a really great stay. Some good tips provided on walks around the Blue Mountains. If you're looking for a good backpackers experience this is the place to stay.

Great place to stay, nice and relaxed atmosphere. Added bonus of free breakfast and free wifi :-)

A great hostel. The owner was very helpful giving us advice for what to do around Katoomba. I'm sure we'll be back.

I had a great time a the Fling Fox, staf is really super friendly and also met alot of nice people there. ItIt has a really nice atmosfeer!! The weardest thing was we where theres sundelly witth 5 people from Belgium. It's very clean out there, kitchen is nice and you can relax a nice place inside or outside with a beer or some goon in your hand and chat around. .

A special hostel that came highly recommended to me 100s of KMs away. No phone/laptop allowed in common spaces means real conversations by the fire and a certain type of travelers. Kitchen well stocked, beds comfortable, squeaky clean, lovely staff. Was so sad to go!

Really nice chilled out hostel. Free breakfast and wifi too :-)

Best place to stay in Blue Mountains. Really nice staff always willing to help. Great atmosphera in a great place. Highly recommended!! I would come back!

The staff are trying their best to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Everyone is nice to each other, travelers that just wanna share their stories and adventures. 5 min walk from the train station, a big cheap vege shop next door, 3 sisters viewpoint about 30 min walk. The hostel got a good breakfast and WiFi, very pleasant balcony and garden, big dormitories. The only downside is just I had to get back to Sydney and couldn't stay longe. next time!

A friendly

Awsome people, awsome place. Everyone is freindly and I've met so many interesting people. What it lacks in moderness it gains in friendliness

• 11th Sep 2014