The Flying Fox Reviews

190 Bathurst Road, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

If i had known thia hostel would be this amazing i would come all the way to the blue mountains for it and not for the views. no faults at all, it was perfect. thanks for a great stay!!

I loved the Flying Fox, ok it's not all mod cons and the rooms are what they are but the people there are what make it. A lovely big room with a wood stove where guests are asked to obey no phones/laptops between 6-9pm, so people can talk and connect. We had a big meal together for both my nights and this again gets people chatting, then games after dinner which where a real good laugh! It's in a good location close to the train station and main road through the town, which leads to the mountain

• 20th May 2015

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep it personal and small as it is, makes people feel welcome and comfortable. I would definitely return here, if I was to visit the Mountains again. Perfect hostel for a long weekend getaway!

• 1st May 2015

Best hostel I have stayed in. It seems to attract the most friendly and down to earth people. The kitchen is so clean and well equipped with condiments. The fire at night is lovely. Has a very homely feel to it. Social time is ace because people have to talk to each other. The staff are really nice. The manager is fair and approachable.

Really cosy, homely hostel. Loved the BBQ, great atmosphere in the evenings, wish we could have stayed longer!!

Best hostel I've stayed in, met some great people and had a really good time. Would definitely stay again

Lovely, homely hostel. Friendly atmosphere.

Best hostel we've stayed at yet. Chilled and friendly atmosphere, but also well-managed, clean and secure. Perfect base after hiking or just a good place to relax and get away from the bustle of Sydney! Social 'no screen' time in common areas in the evening was great as it helped people bond and have fun together. Didn't want to leave and will always recommend it!

We had a great stay in a spacious double room. The owner of the host was very helpful

Great hostel, amazing people, felt like being part of a big family from the first day on.

• 17th Mar 2015

Cozy place, felt like home. Warm and relaxing atmosphere. Really enjoyed staying there. If only there could be one or two toilets more, it would be even better place. Can recommend.

I was staying in the flying fox tow nights and if I ever come back I'd stay there again. Super nice owner ross, how has welcomed us with real good coffee and chocolate!!! He showed us beautiful hidden trecks where we went to. After a warm shower in the evening we were sitting together in the backyard around the fire and listen some guitar or had a nice chat. Really good place to stay... Thanks! All good on ya!

• 9th Mar 2015

By far the best hostel I've stayed at in Australia so far. There's a great atmosphere, you'll feel at home and like part of the family as soon as you arrive. Lots of good advice on where to go around town or on walks, just ask Ross. I had an amazing time here, and I'll definitely be back.

Stayed at the hostel for four nights and had an incredible time!

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and once again it didn't disappoint. The location is fantastic for any of the Blur Moutains walks and Ross is more than willing to help you pick the right route. The atmosphere is the best I have experienced from any hostel I have stayed in during both my visits to a Australia and all of South East Asia. Cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. You will not be disappointed !!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Great place to spend time in the blue mountains, especially if you're on the younger side and looking for conversation and community.

Amazing hostel, brilliant family dinners, the most lovely staff. Wish I could have stayed forever!

Easily my favourite hostel. The no screens rule between 6 an 9 was great as well as it meant everyone actually talked and played games. Lovely people and atmosphere.

• 15th Jan 2015

I've stayed there recently and I don't think it's better than Backpackers Hostel near by. Its 9 dollars expesive

Very nice hostel. Staff are friendly and they have free tea. Cosy place with all you need for a chilled day in or rest bite from hiking in the mountains

View all Blue Mountains Hostels