Superb 1,194 Total Reviews
Superb 1,194 Total Reviews
The Fort Boutique Hostel Located at 1 Little Stonegate, York, York.
England
York NORTH YORKSHIRE 1 Little Stonegate, York
91% 1194
53.9607189 -1.0833764
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Sep 2016

The hostel was super clean and in a sweet part of town. My only complaint would be that the social atmosphere was a little blah. Maybe it's because I was there during the week and not on the weekend, but I would have expected a little more of a social environment. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay!

16th Sep 2016
2.0

Let me begin by saying this was the worst hostel I've stayed at and that is based on their insane idea of putting a hostel above a night club. Both nights I was there the music was going till at least 2am. Not to mention that check out is 8-10am. So max you're getting 7 hours sleep before you have to check out. I used ear plugs, but the bed literally shakes from the bass from the club underneath. So unless you plan to go clubbing all night, avoid this place.

14th Sep 2016
7.4

Good location. Atmosphere depends on room mates. The mattresses are a disgrace though the springs dig into your body and squeak with any movement.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2016

Really great hostel, the rooms were spacious, however one shower and toilet between 8 people was probably not quite enough. The staff were extremely friendly and the location is perfect. I would definitely stay at the hostel again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2016

Highly recommend! Great location. The restaurant bellow gives you 20% off, has good specials and yum food. Comfy beds, good facilities and had the feel of renting a flat/ share house rather than a hostel. A little questionable that our key seemed to open the front door, flat door and our bedroom so it was probably the same for everyone. And the front door didn't shut unless you locked it so it was always left open. It felt like a safe environment and good part of the city, but still not ideal.

1st Sep 2016

I loved my stay at The Fort! The security and location were top notch! While you could hear the music from the bar downstairs at night, I enjoyed the bar staff and having the good food and full bar right there. The staff was incredibly friendly and the hostel was very clean! Traditional style bunk beds, but amazing bathrooms and towels provided. No lockers in the room, but free ones near the extra bathrooms. Overall would stay here again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016

A comfortable hostel in the middle of York. It is central to almost everything including tourist sights and night life. I stayed mid week so the street was relatively quiet but I can imagine it would be noisy on a weekend. If you're a light sleeper you might want to look at staying further from the nightlife, it didn't bother me the slightest since I was out late anyway. The common areas are very spacious and I can imagine very friendly if the hostel was fuller.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

Nice enough to let us change rooms when we didn't feel comfortable in our first one. Great location. Comfortable rooms.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Aug 2016

Great location, right in the centre of the city good security with a code to get in the front door and then a key to the rooms. Very clean with heaps of facilities, and a really nice kitchen. There wasn't much of an atmosphere, there seemed to be an older crowd which wasn't great if you wanted to socialise. I was lucky that I made some friends in my dorm. No reception desk, so you go to the bar next door to check in. Staff were friendly, but none in the hostel so it was be hard to ask questions.

17th Aug 2016
6.9

It's a nice hostel environment, with a good lounge (although the seats aren't too comfy) and spacious, clean kitchen. While the location is very central, they do not warn you that you are located directly above a bar. The nice thing is that you get 20% off food there while staying at the hostel, and it's pretty good food. The not-so-nice thing is that both nights we were there (Wednesday and Thursday), the bar blasts music until very late at night, and you can feel the bass in your hostel bed.