The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Loved the towels and spacious kitchen. Great modern clean bathroom facilities. Very helpful staff.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

There were some complications with my down payment; the hostel did not process it in time. But they were nice and flexible none the less.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

The locks didn't work so though I never felt unsafe it was annoying.

Good location but in a very noisy area, especially at night. The pictures on the website don't correspond at all to the room I had. No lockers in the room, the room can't be locked and the door of the flat either. Very unconfortable mattresses. The room was quite dirty and it's not easy checking-in in a bar on a Saturday night.

We really loved the apartment that our room was attached to, it was adorable and we wished we could spend the rest of our vacation there instead of having to leave the next day! Definitely felt more like renting a flat than just a bed in a dorm room! Would totally stay here again if I get the chance!

Such a lovely hostel would stay here again.

That was a 5 star hostel experience

• 18th May 2015

Beds are not to comfortable. But the poor was more relates to a guy in the room that not even the free ear plugs helped. Everything else was exelent

The staf both at the hostel and Kennedys were amazing. The only issue was that the apt I was in had no Wifi

The staff were extremely nice, they made you feel very at home

I read quite a lot of comments about the noisy environment in the hostel, but turn out we had 2 very sweet dream-nights in a fancy room after request. Staffs are nice. The atmosphere is excellent if you're a party-goer. Just downstairs in the Kennedy's Bar. The hostel have a free service bar, there you can get coffee, tea, hot chocolate on your own. We love the Twinings tea bags :)

Great place to stay. However the noise from bar next door on weekends is ridiculous. They supply free ear plugs but dont expect to sleep till after 2am!

• 20th Mar 2015

The Fort Hostel was by far the best Hostel I have in while I have been York, I definitely recommend staying here :)

• 11th Mar 2015

Probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed in and I've stayed in a LOT! Very comfortable bed with clean linen and as warm as toast on a night. Excellent location, just 10 mins from train station. Clearly, the hostel has been professionally designed and constructed with numerous designer fittings. Facilities boast free internet and excellent cooking facilities Free tea and coffee are provided (with milk)

I enjoyed my stay very much, if I come back one day, I definitely choose the Hostel again! Greetings to Yvonne, who was very lovely! :-D Laura from Germany

I had a great stay. The bar underneath was loud but not too loud I couldn't sleep, plus they have earplugs if you need them. Yvonne is the sweetest lady ever, she'll gladly help you with just about anything!

• 13th Feb 2015

It wasn't the quietest place in York, but it was probably the most central. Don't stay there if you really want to sleep, but do stay there if you want to be able to walk around the lovely centre of York. On Friday night, the music was loud until 11pm and Saturday night, it didn't stop until around 2am or later. It could benefit from double glazing, better mattresses & turning down the temperature of the shower water, but they did provide FREE EARPLUGS. Otherwise, clean, tidy & friendly.

• 6th Feb 2015

I didnt find it noisy, but stayed on a Sunday and Monday night so cant comment on noise levels later in the week / at the weekend. there were packs of earplugs in each room however. free laundry is a nice bonus.

This hostel is located right in the centre of town! Impressed by the facilities such as the free washing and free hot chocolate. Apart from the malfunctioning heater in the room which made noises when you turned it up too high, it is a good stay.

Perfect location, but: Room was just above a bar/disco. Music was so loud that the beds were vibrating and you could sing a long on the music even if you were using earplugs. But if you are out until late it's no problem, since the music stops at 02am.