The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Decent hostel, if you want to party I'd highly recommend it. However, if you're looking for a hostel to sleep in avoid! Very loud music underneath hostel until 1.15am...

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Very nice place; modern and new facilties; would stay again

Great location, free lockers, power points next to each bed, great communal kitchen and individual bathrooms (bathrooms could do with ventilation though)

• 6th Aug 2015

Myself and a friend cycled to your stayed at the fort two nights and to be honest everything about it fitted our needs extremely well. We ate in the Kennedy bar (same owner) the first night and the food was so good we didn't see the point in going elsewhere and it was just as good the second evening, the breakfast was really good to. The staff were also excellent

• 5th Aug 2015

Stayed for 4 nights and was great had a room in the stonegate section of the building, everything about the place was decent and would highly recommend to anyone that was considering

Amazing place to stay at, thought I was at a hotel! Great deals with the downstairs bar too. Rooms and facilities were beyond expectations, I didn't want to leave and I'm already planning how to go back!

Great experience staying at this hostel. Great location at the heart of the city, amazing environment full of melancholy and a very homie feeling. Anyone coming here would have a great time, and enjoy their stay in this beautiful city. Don't hesitate to stay here if you're going trough this city, it worths every pound.

I've stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The staffs are all helpful and friendly but they run a restaurent on the ground floor and return their places after work. I woke up at midnight due to the noise of keeping knocking the door for about 30 minutes) I was terrified but I didn't know what to do because I stayed alone on the top floor. I didn't have anyone who could help me when something dangerous happened. The price doesn't include breakfast. It was difficult to adjust the shower handle.

It was very central so a little noisy at night but ear plugs were provided. The bed mattresses needed replacing but the kitchen had everything necessary. Good for a single nights stop over

This Hostel have great athmosphere and incredible space...Situated in centre of York offer all facilities you need...near a pub, club and rsstaurants...good place to stay alone or with family.....besides this York is a beautiful place...nevertheless, the weather not help us.....any way it is great price and good staff to attendance...

Loved the towels and spacious kitchen. Great modern clean bathroom facilities. Very helpful staff.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

There were some complications with my down payment; the hostel did not process it in time. But they were nice and flexible none the less.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

The locks didn't work so though I never felt unsafe it was annoying.

Good location but in a very noisy area, especially at night. The pictures on the website don't correspond at all to the room I had. No lockers in the room, the room can't be locked and the door of the flat either. Very unconfortable mattresses. The room was quite dirty and it's not easy checking-in in a bar on a Saturday night.

We really loved the apartment that our room was attached to, it was adorable and we wished we could spend the rest of our vacation there instead of having to leave the next day! Definitely felt more like renting a flat than just a bed in a dorm room! Would totally stay here again if I get the chance!

Such a lovely hostel would stay here again.

That was a 5 star hostel experience

• 18th May 2015

Beds are not to comfortable. But the poor was more relates to a guy in the room that not even the free ear plugs helped. Everything else was exelent

The staf both at the hostel and Kennedys were amazing. The only issue was that the apt I was in had no Wifi

The staff were extremely nice, they made you feel very at home