The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

You cannot beat this hostel for location, staff seemed nice enough, I didn't have too much interaction with them.

• 20th Nov 2014

I was only here for one night so can only comment based on that. Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean. Kitchen looked good however didn't get a chance to use it. Big bonus was the free washing machine and dryer use. Wifi was good. Only issue I had was that the beds weren't very comfortable.

One of the most excellent hostels I have been to. Wifi worked great. The kitchen had everything. Very clean. The receptionist personally took me upstairs to the dorm. More than a dorm it was like a nice room shared with 3 other civilized people. Great.

great place. It was a bit noisy at night but they supplied ear plugs.

The room was nice I was in the log cabin, bed was CRAZY uncomfortable and really springy, the pub downstairs was sooo noisy but I wear earplugs so it didn't bother me when they were in. It was the most expensive hostel I've stayed at including paris and London and think it's way too expensive given the huge noise factor and terrible beds I think they should use some money we give them and buy good beds! Kitchen and hot drink station was great !!

Clean and modern hostel. Unfortunately a part of the hostel (including common area) was rented for a private function and therefore not accessible. I missed some storage space (e.g. drawers underneath the bunk beds) and hooks for towels/cloths.

Excellent stay at this hostel. PROS: It's apartment style with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, tv room etc. The bar where you check in has VERY good food with reasonable prices. Nice soaps and linen in apartment. CONS: The bedroom itself was very small so we needed to leave luggage in the tv room. The bed had very sharp springs that dug into me. Street below was quite loud even on a week night. Overall, very good luxury hostel, just a shame about the beds.

Stayed in a private twin with en-suite. Room was nicely presented and had a TV. The shower was very powerful. The room got quite hot, probably 'cause it was almost in the roof. Apart from needing a few extra hooks - particularly in the bathroom - to hang clothes on, the only complaint we had was noise. The hostel is in a very central location which is really handy but the bar attached to it, Kennedy's, has a roof terrace which our room overlooked. People were out there 'til 2 am being very loud.

• 26th Sep 2014

Hostels was amazing located right in the heart of York. Showers worked great and the entire building was very clean. My one problem was the bar outside pumping a bass line till 3 am which was problematic when I wasn't in the mood to drink.

Such a lovely hostel! Wish we stayed longer!! The rooms were very modern, everything was clean and organised!! The showers were fantastic. Wifi was a bit iffy sometimes but overall was the best hostel we have stayed in for our entire trip

Excelent location, nice clean rooms, WiFi and free computers, big shared kitchen . Only downside is the loud music at weekends, since the Fort stays just above a pub.

• 4th Sep 2014

Rooms weren't too cramped with power outlets at each bed (including top bunks). Free lockers just outside the rooms and free luggage storage after checking out. Bathrooms were clean and rarely had trouble finding an empty one (although no separation between shower and rest of the room meant almost the whole floor was wet after). Full kitchen and free coffee/tea; free computer with internet (though the wifi worked fine for me). One con was how loud it can get but I was too tired to really care.

Had a great time staying at The Fort - fab location in the Centre of York, 10 minute walk from the station and just minutes from York Minster. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable, and Kennedy's next door has great food - if you stay in The Fort you get 20% off! Would highly recommend.

• 25th Aug 2014

Super place, - don't get a noisy room, overlooking the outdoor drinking area - very noisy, late at night ! Otherwise, fabulous. Staff are really helpful and friendly; the place is beautifully clean, and the food at Kennedy's is wonderful ! Thank you folks, for a lovely stay.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Overall a very good stay, very clean and good facilities. It's above a bar, so very noisy and I wasn't warned of that. The bathroom lock wasn't working, which was quite tricky as it's shared with 8 people.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Bigger bang for the buck, highly recommended :-)

• 21st Aug 2014

Fantastic location in the centre of York.Very clean and beautiful rooms.Friendly helpful staff.Our party of eight stayed in Stonegate3 and it is like a private apartment.It can be abit noisy from being in the centre and above Kennedy's bar but we all slept fine.Have already booked for next year!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great place

The guy who checked us in was really helpful and friendly. The kitchen area was very nice, especially with the tea/coffee/juice for free. The bar was nice, but the music at night is kind of too loud. It was ok in the room we were in which was the furthest away. We did go to the bar for a drink and found that the music was good but too loud, especially for a weeknight. The hostel was very good though overall.

The location was fantastic, I had no problems with noise and all facilities were excellent. Well deserving of the award won. Thanks for a great stay.

• 19th Aug 2014