The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Poor for security as there were no lockers in the room. Small metal lockers available in the Little Stonegate side, had to walk onto street to get to other side of hostel (other side of pub). Lockable area in pub but only accessible during pub hours. Too many beds in room and very cramped, lucky there were only 4 in the six bed dorm. No lift on Stonegate side, lift broken on Little Stonegate side. Positive - had free access to washer and dryer. Kitchen/lounge on Little Stonegate side was good.

Great staff, the girls were very helpful and friendly, best hostel we have stayed in!

• 10th Aug 2014

Extremely noisy outside. I do not know the British regulations for noise & pubs, but in Spain this level of noise on the streets after 23h is not tolerable at all. Nevertheless, it was a very nice detail to find earplugs in the kitchen. Orange juice was also artificial and disgusting

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Excellent location, right in the centre of York. However, checked out and moved hotels after one night..DO NOT EXPECT TO GET ANY SLEEP HERE. The hostel is next to a nightclub/bar which plays LOUD music after closing time every night. Staff offered no help or refund and joked about as we were checking out. No concern about our stay whatsoever. Facilities were clean and suitable but I would recommend a smaller B

• 7th Aug 2014

It's a nice location if you wanna be really central but be prepared for loud noises from the bar at night (even on weekdays). Also the walls seemed really thin so you could hear doors being opened and closed along the hall. The staff was really friendly though and went out of their way to help us find the types of shops we were looking for.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Great place to stay in York! Definitely recommend and the Monday dining discount made for easy food access.

I wish I'd stayed in York so much longer! I'm fairly sure this is the only hostel right in the city centre and it's so worth it, especially as I was traveling solo and wanted to be in a safe area with lots if things to do :)

• 3rd Aug 2014

Elevator doesn't work, bar right next door but free tea and coffee, bed are good and in the middle of the city

Very beautiful, super clean hostel located in the very centre of York, walking distance to everything! The only downside were the uncomfortable mattress, but you get over that very fast, otherwise this was by far the very best hostel I have ever stayed in!

I don't want to receive emails from you but you don't have an easily visible unsubscribe button. Maybe you'll see this and do something sensible with the information provided.

Modern and beautiful. Everything is very clean. Nice kitchen and complete kitchen equipment.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The best hostel we have ever visited! Fantastic location in the centre of York and the facilities are great. The entire hostel is immaculately clean and comfortable. A washing machine and washing powder was provided which is very helpful. Also felt very secure with free lockers, code to enter hostel and room keys. Was a little loud when live bands were playing' but ear plugs fixed that problem. I wish every hostel was like this one, would 100% recommend.

No table in the "appartment", a lot of dust under the bed, flies on the room and very noisy! Good location !

• 25th Jul 2014

The hostel was great apart from quite a few moody staff and the fact they decorate the bedrooms with dead popstars. Despite that it is cheap, the beds are private, the facilities are fantastic (love the washrooms) and the location is amazing. I would definitely recommend it and the staff in the restaurant were a lot nicer.

Booked & paid for room with en-suit but put in a room w/o bathroom. Told I had been 'upgraded' as they were trying to space out guests due to warm weather & that room would only have 2 other guests, but there was 8 of us packed into tiny room that was like a sauna! Beds had plugs + lamp but mattress was MOST uncomfortable EVER! TRULY! Kitchen + bathroom were big+clean. Free washer/dryer was good. Breakfast should be included for the price you pay. Noise from bar was unbearable even mid-week!

It's my third visit in York and there is no other option to stay as the fort boutique. Very clean rooms, modern and nice atmosphere, good food and drinks and a very friendly and helpful staff. so, when you are planning a visit in york, make you get beds at the fort ;)

Good location with average standard of beddings and facilities. TV I there but remote does not work and limited programmes. but great staffs, very friendly, helpful

• 21st Jul 2014

Everything was fine, but my key deposit (£15). I stayed for two nights and left too early, so I put the key in somewhere and make sure with their staff by mobile phone message. But I don't get my key deposit back. I had sent e-mail to the Fort last Thursday. Hope to get reply !

This is the hotel of hostels. Private bathrooms, plush beds and charging outlets by every bed. The common room isn't great for meeting travellers but it could be worse. The bar below makes great food but overcharges for drinks. Otherwise it's a great place!

The hostel was really like a cozy home with a clean, big toilet and a well-equipped kitchen. There is even a free washing machine, which is definitely helpful for travellers. The staff was helpful. Wi-fi signals were strong. The only drawback is that the hostel has no lift and we stayed on 3/F. Other than that, the hostel was really suitable for visitors who want to take a break at York.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4