The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

One of the cleanest hostels we have stayed in but lacks the typical hostel atmosphere. The location of this hostel is excellent as you are right in the center!

• 17th Apr 2014

Really clean hostel. Only let down was the mattress which was a bit springy and stuck up in places. Not a place for budget travelers but a great place if you've got a bit extra cash.

Oh. My. God. This hostel is SO nice. One of the best i've seen, really! We had some issues with the booking first (the guy from the staff that helped us was lovely and super helpfull) and the place isn't cheap, but it's totaly worth it. We were there only for a night and I wish we could have stayed longer: i didn't want to leave, it felt like home! Comfy bed, lots of facilities, super clean and best en-suite shower ever!

Fantastic place, friendly welcome from staff, a little noisy as other guests partied well into the night but not bad enough to put us out! Amazing location, cosy bed, powerful hot shower...happy days!

• 12th Apr 2014

First hostel I ever stayed in and I was beyond satisfied. Based on the stories I've heard, I expected the Fort to be just below a cheap motel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only were the staff extremely friendly, all of the accommodations provided looked brand new (the shower/bathroom was REALLY clean..). I stayed Ina couple of other ones after this (not in York) and none of them were comparable to the Fort.

• 10th Apr 2014

I didn't spent much time at Fort Boutique Hostel, only staying for 1 night. But it was a beautiful place it stay. Very clean, great shower facilities, and comfy beds! Great value for money because it is quite fancy!! If I can get back up to York I will definitely be staying here!

Hi, it's a shame you couldn't stay longer. I do hope you can visit again and maybe for more than one night. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Nice enough hostel, but definitely pack earplugs on the weekends- the bar downstairs is NOISY! I imagine this isn't as big an issue on weekdays though.

Hi there, thanks for your review. Yes it can get a bit noisy on a weekend as we a very central and amoung some of York's most popular bars and restaurants. We always have earplugs to hand if you need a better sleep.

It's called a "hostel". Technically it is a hostel. But: it doesn't look like it! It's more like an apartement with dorms. Beautiful baths/toilets, large common area and an amazing kitchen. It's more expensive than other hostels but it's worth it!

Fantastic location, bit noisy because of the club downstairs, but fine for what we needed. Room was advertised as an 8 bed room, but it's a flat with 2 rooms of four beds, and the three of us ended up split as other beds were taken. We were ok with this, but it surprised us, and we would have preferred to have been in the same room.

• 21st Feb 2014

Highly recommended for your stay in York, friendly helpful staff and we will be back, Vince Ion

• 16th Feb 2014

Thank you, do please come back again with your group. I hope the play was a success.

This hostel is located in the absolute centre of York, 1 minute from the Minster, you can't do any better. The bathrooms are astonishingly modern, clean and comfortable - an absolute delight. The bed was so short that I could not stretch entirely (and I am only 6'1" / 185cm tall), I didn't like that at all. Still a nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful rooms, nice common room, rather small number of beds with spacy common room, overall very enjoyable.

Thanks for the review, not sure which bunk you had but they are 6'7'' long so you should have been able to stretch out. Pleased you enjoyed your stay and I wish you all the best on your travels.

Good location. It was expensive for a hostel if there is more than one of you and for the same amount we could have stayed in a budget hotel. We decided not to because we enjoy the atmosphere of a hostel and this hostel did not have it. York is a great city. I would recommend the hostel on location and cleanliness but not value for money.

Hi, thanks for your comments. To make the most out of a hostel you should stay in a dorm room. This way you get to meet new people, our private rooms are very private so it is harder to meet other people. Dorm beds start from £18 pounds and privates from £58. For a city centre location, I'd say that's not bad. Do stay again and try one of our superb brand new dorms with communal kitchen.

Excellent place, very comfortable and clean. It is located in the heart of the town surrounded by awesome buildings unfortunately, I couldn't stay for more days

Aw maybe next time you can book in for longer. Thanks for the review.

Hostel was great, all new and very clean. Only thing is the noisy from the bars around. I don't have much problems while sleeping but it was very loud. All the rest was fab! Thank you!!!!!

• 24th Jan 2014

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review, we hope to see you again.

The staff was extremely friendly, and went the extra mile to show me my room and give a tour of the place. Was there when not many people were staying so it was hard to meet other people, but there is a common area with 2 kitchens thats great for a shared location.

Thanks for the review, January is our quietest month, sorry if that disappointed you, do come back when the season starts and you will find lots of people to meet.

Best hostel i have ever stayed in, hands down. From the staff, carrying my huge bag up the stairs to the cleanliness, location and facilities. Simply brilliant. Will be recommending to all my friends/family.

Hi, wow thanks!! We do try to go that little bit further and we love showing guests personally up to their room. Please stay again, but travel a bit lighter next time. Haha

spacious room, clean and tidy. large common room with tv, would be great fun if there were lots of guests staying together. the kennedy's bar downstairs was cool. got 20% discount of food.

It's above a nightclub, so don't expect sleep. It's expensive. But it's clean, centrally located. York is small, you could easily stay somewhere quieter and still have easy access to the Town.

Sorry, due to our amazing location it can get noisy on a weekend, but this is to be expected if you stay somewhere central. We have beds that start from £18 per night so we can suit all budgets.

I loved staying here so much I extended my trip an extra day! You feel like you are in an apartment with the full kitchen, washer, pots and pans and coffee! You have multiple locked doors to get through so I never felt unsafe or worried. The food at the place downstairs is amazing. You are in a very busy area of the city so the weekends can be loud but that's to be expected if you want to stay in a central location! The staff is so friendly and always willing to chat and answer questions.

Thanks for the review, we have lots of people that extend their stay just like yourself. We hope you can stay with us in the future.

Absolutely excellent facilities. Thoroughly deserving of their claim to being a 'poshtel'. Definitely a bit on the expensive side but the rooms were always clean and well set out for travellers with comfortable beds, individual lights, bunks built into the walls (so no creaking or shaking from bunkmates), and power points on a ledge by your bed. Larger lockers would be handy and should be assigned per bunk.

Great, thanks for the review and please come to stay again. We will look into getting larger lockers but the ones at the moment are big enough to fit a ruck sack or laptop in so at least any valuables will be safe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3