The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

This was my favorite hostel during my trip around the UK! Location and cleanliness are especially on point. They provide extra bathroom and vanity facilities so you don't need to compete to get ready in the mornings, along with private bathrooms. The hostel is located right in the city center -- easy to walk anywhere.

An amazing gem of a hostel. Spotlessly clean facilities, located in the heart of york.

• 17th Jan 2016

Comfortable stay, probably one of the best rooms I've had. Only two bunks in a room. Very clean, with a self contained kitchen.

What a find. Only stayed one night. I'm not a backpacker but can't wait to stay again. So modern and clean. Amazing wet rooms full of freebie toiletries. Free drinks as well. I'm told there is a free laundry service and towels which I'm sure is a god send for the weary travellers.

• 13th Dec 2015

This was a fantastic centrally located hostel. They provide wonderful linens and huge fluffy towels and free lockers for smaller items. One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The only drawback for some might be the noise from the very happening bar and street below the hostel. This did not bother me as I was dancing to the great DJ until 2 am and then used my headphones to drown out the noise.

In my four month trip this is easily the best hostel I have stayed in. Awesome staff, atmosphere, location, security and kitchen. Free tea/coffee, hair dryers, HUGE towels, laundry etc etc! Wish we could have stayed longer but see why this hostel books out so far in advance.

I have stayed in a lot of hostels while backpacking through Europe and the UK and the Fort was by far my favorite. The Fort looks more like an upmarket hotel but also had a really homely feel. The bathrooms are all en suite style and the showers are actually hot which is always a big win. There is even a separate area with mirrors and hairdryers to do your hair!! Management were really lovely and super accommodating as well.

• 2nd Nov 2015

An excellent hostel. Although it is not the cheapest, the value for your money is excellent. I stayed in an appartement dorm with very nice room mates and had a very good and relaxing time there.

Room 1 was an excellent set up and the facilities were fantastic but it needed a daily once over to check on cleanliness

Lovely hostel but the bar was a bit much while trying to sleep. Also the idea of checking in at 11pm at night and having to be dragged through a drunk dancing crowd was a bit much.

One of Britain's most excellent hostels, in a fantastic location, with superb staff and marvelous facilities. Extremely comfortable. Very welcoming staff. Superior in every aspect. Beds are of top quality (older visitors are advised to choose lower bunks) with feather comforters, top-quality sheets and pillows. Bathrooms are spotless and very well appointed. Great kitchen. There is a bar with music downstairs; those not accustomed to late night noise should be made aware of this in advance.

The location is perfect to explore old York. The facilities are first class, dorm beds are clean and well equipped. The only challenge is if you are a light sleeper and staying on a weekend, there is noise from the bars, bring your ear plugs. the staff is excellent, there was an issue with some guests. They took the complaint seriously, they dealt with it directly with the guests. I was very impressed. Their policy is not to do block bookings to avoid weekend all night partiers.

Decent hostel, if you want to party I'd highly recommend it. However, if you're looking for a hostel to sleep in avoid! Very loud music underneath hostel until 1.15am...

• 20th Aug 2015