The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Great place to stay. However the noise from bar next door on weekends is ridiculous. They supply free ear plugs but dont expect to sleep till after 2am!

• 20th Mar 2015

The Fort Hostel was by far the best Hostel I have in while I have been York, I definitely recommend staying here :)

• 11th Mar 2015

Probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed in and I've stayed in a LOT! Very comfortable bed with clean linen and as warm as toast on a night. Excellent location, just 10 mins from train station. Clearly, the hostel has been professionally designed and constructed with numerous designer fittings. Facilities boast free internet and excellent cooking facilities Free tea and coffee are provided (with milk)

I enjoyed my stay very much, if I come back one day, I definitely choose the Hostel again! Greetings to Yvonne, who was very lovely! :-D Laura from Germany

I had a great stay. The bar underneath was loud but not too loud I couldn't sleep, plus they have earplugs if you need them. Yvonne is the sweetest lady ever, she'll gladly help you with just about anything!

• 13th Feb 2015

It wasn't the quietest place in York, but it was probably the most central. Don't stay there if you really want to sleep, but do stay there if you want to be able to walk around the lovely centre of York. On Friday night, the music was loud until 11pm and Saturday night, it didn't stop until around 2am or later. It could benefit from double glazing, better mattresses & turning down the temperature of the shower water, but they did provide FREE EARPLUGS. Otherwise, clean, tidy & friendly.

• 6th Feb 2015

I didnt find it noisy, but stayed on a Sunday and Monday night so cant comment on noise levels later in the week / at the weekend. there were packs of earplugs in each room however. free laundry is a nice bonus.

This hostel is located right in the centre of town! Impressed by the facilities such as the free washing and free hot chocolate. Apart from the malfunctioning heater in the room which made noises when you turned it up too high, it is a good stay.

Perfect location, but: Room was just above a bar/disco. Music was so loud that the beds were vibrating and you could sing a long on the music even if you were using earplugs. But if you are out until late it's no problem, since the music stops at 02am.

Overall the nicest, cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at, only issue was the noise from the club downstairs, couldn't believe it was actually vibrating up through the bunks! Had to sleep with earplugs and my headphones on top. But other than that, really lovely, and appreciated the 20% discount from the food at Kennedy's.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • India

It's a very good hostel in the centre of York!

It an be loud at night because of two Clubs nearby.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Lovely facilities with great kitchen, very clean and centrally located. However it is basically above a nightclub and was incredibly loud to the point where the walls were vibrating. It's a shame it's literally on top of what seems to be be only loud club in York as otherwise it would be a great. Some of the staff were not that friendly and reception is just the bar/club so some of the staff in there don't know what is going on with the hostel. Overpriced considering it's impossible to sleep.

super loud would be my downfall...otherwise awesome

Lots of privacy in the bunks but terribly uncomfortable beds.

You cannot beat this hostel for location, staff seemed nice enough, I didn't have too much interaction with them.

• 20th Nov 2014

I was only here for one night so can only comment based on that. Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean. Kitchen looked good however didn't get a chance to use it. Big bonus was the free washing machine and dryer use. Wifi was good. Only issue I had was that the beds weren't very comfortable.

One of the most excellent hostels I have been to. Wifi worked great. The kitchen had everything. Very clean. The receptionist personally took me upstairs to the dorm. More than a dorm it was like a nice room shared with 3 other civilized people. Great.

great place. It was a bit noisy at night but they supplied ear plugs.

The room was nice I was in the log cabin, bed was CRAZY uncomfortable and really springy, the pub downstairs was sooo noisy but I wear earplugs so it didn't bother me when they were in. It was the most expensive hostel I've stayed at including paris and London and think it's way too expensive given the huge noise factor and terrible beds I think they should use some money we give them and buy good beds! Kitchen and hot drink station was great !!