The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

The location was fantastic, I had no problems with noise and all facilities were excellent. Well deserving of the award won. Thanks for a great stay.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • ibbotsonj

The facilities of The Fort Boutique Hostel are among the best I have seen in a hostel in Europe. The staff does a very good job.

The Fort has again met every expectation and beyond. It is a genuine pleasure to stay at this marvelous hostel whose comforts far outshine those of any other hotel or hostel I have stayed at in the UK. Staff are as usual very helpful and welcoming, rooms are spotless and beautifully furnished, lounge and kitchen are superbly equipped. Bathrooms are still among the very best one may find. I expect to return many, many times. A word of caution: Kennedy's Bar downstairs is loud; plan to have fun!

I have nothing but great things to say. The staff were kind and helpful, the cleanliness was hotel-level, and its location was central. I heard a couple guests complain about the noise that happened at night when people were out enjoying the great clubs that are nearby, but honestly that's to be expected. You know you've reserved a room in a hostel above a bar, so don't complain when it gets loud. Plus free earplugs are available in the common room! I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 12th Aug 2014

Poor for security as there were no lockers in the room. Small metal lockers available in the Little Stonegate side, had to walk onto street to get to other side of hostel (other side of pub). Lockable area in pub but only accessible during pub hours. Too many beds in room and very cramped, lucky there were only 4 in the six bed dorm. No lift on Stonegate side, lift broken on Little Stonegate side. Positive - had free access to washer and dryer. Kitchen/lounge on Little Stonegate side was good.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Everything was really clean and the access to a washing machine and kitchen facilities was much appreciated!! Greater access to lockers or locked storage would be my only suggestion.

• 10th Aug 2014

Great staff, the girls were very helpful and friendly, best hostel we have stayed in!

it's a very cozy hostel right in the center of york. it can get a bit noisy in the evenings though because of the pubs in the street. nice kitchen.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Extremely noisy outside. I do not know the British regulations for noise & pubs, but in Spain this level of noise on the streets after 23h is not tolerable at all. Nevertheless, it was a very nice detail to find earplugs in the kitchen. Orange juice was also artificial and disgusting

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Excellent location, right in the centre of York. However, checked out and moved hotels after one night..DO NOT EXPECT TO GET ANY SLEEP HERE. The hostel is next to a nightclub/bar which plays LOUD music after closing time every night. Staff offered no help or refund and joked about as we were checking out. No concern about our stay whatsoever. Facilities were clean and suitable but I would recommend a smaller B

• 7th Aug 2014

It's a nice location if you wanna be really central but be prepared for loud noises from the bar at night (even on weekdays). Also the walls seemed really thin so you could hear doors being opened and closed along the hall. The staff was really friendly though and went out of their way to help us find the types of shops we were looking for.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Nice location, nice staff(I wanted to cook and was looking for cooking oil and they brought it to me as soon as I asked!) and clean facilities. A great choice for York.

Great place to stay in York! Definitely recommend and the Monday dining discount made for easy food access.

I wish I'd stayed in York so much longer! I'm fairly sure this is the only hostel right in the city centre and it's so worth it, especially as I was traveling solo and wanted to be in a safe area with lots if things to do :)

Elevator doesn't work, bar right next door but free tea and coffee, bed are good and in the middle of the city

Very beautiful, super clean hostel located in the very centre of York, walking distance to everything! The only downside were the uncomfortable mattress, but you get over that very fast, otherwise this was by far the very best hostel I have ever stayed in!

I don't want to receive emails from you but you don't have an easily visible unsubscribe button. Maybe you'll see this and do something sensible with the information provided.

Modern and beautiful. Everything is very clean. Nice kitchen and complete kitchen equipment.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The best hostel we have ever visited! Fantastic location in the centre of York and the facilities are great. The entire hostel is immaculately clean and comfortable. A washing machine and washing powder was provided which is very helpful. Also felt very secure with free lockers, code to enter hostel and room keys. Was a little loud when live bands were playing' but ear plugs fixed that problem. I wish every hostel was like this one, would 100% recommend.

No table in the "appartment", a lot of dust under the bed, flies on the room and very noisy! Good location !

• 25th Jul 2014