The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

The Fort Hostel is located right in the heart of York. We checked in on a Friday night at the busy Kennedy's Bar, but this wasn't a problem and we were processed very quickly. A little bit of outside noise came through the windows, but nothing unbearable. Only one bathroom to share amongst 8 people, but again this wasn't a problem. We booked out a dorm and a double room so had exclusive access to the kitchen and bathrooms - perfect! Highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

Hi, I'm pleased your group enjoyed their stay. We are perfect for group weekend getaways as we are right in the heart of the bustling city. Please come and stay again soon.

Perfect location but hostel not very clean,suspicious hair in the room,plus only small window,only in the room,a bit claustrophobic.

Hi, I'm pleased you liked the location, it can't be beaten. I am disappointed you thought the room was not clean as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness. The floors are wooden laminate and are swept and mopped everyday, so I'm very surprised you found it not to our usual standards. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

The hostel was in a great location, great kitchen and utilities, the staff were very friendly and the hostel was very clean. I met some great people who were travelling all of whom loved the hostel and York and stayed longer then they had originally planned Great value for money. Free internet, tea, coffee, milk.

Thank you for the review, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

it looks like a brand new hostel, the beds are confortable even if the rooms are tiny for the number of bunk beds they manage to put in. Nice kitchen and shower, toilet really small thou, but clean. The bad thing is they don't have a reception so if you arrive late you have to check in in the pub (really busy) around the corner. When we arrived the music was really loud and the club was PACKED with people dancing and we had basically to climb everyone to reach the counter...unpleasant

Hi, thanks for the review, I'm sorry but as we are very central and our bar is one of the most popular in York, it can be quite busy on a weekend if you arrive late. However, our staff are very helpful and I'm sure you got checked in quickly. We hope to see you in the future.

The hostel is amazing, very well located, comfy and cosy, the only problem is theres no reception (u check in in the bar next door) so is quite difficult to get tips from the staff, but the touristic info office is just down the road.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you enjoyed the city too as there are lots of great things to see and do on our doorstep.

Best hostel that i have ever seen!

Great!!! That's what we like to hear. Thank you.

This is the best hostel that i have ever stayed in and the reason is that its not really a hostel....its a hotel with bunk beds! I was travelling with three friends and we paid 28 euros each, so the price is a little higher than most hostels but you do get what you pay for. Location is brilliant, rooms are clean and come with full kitchen and ensuite. Even things like the mattresses and bedding are of a very high quality. This hostel sets a benchmark, i really recommend you stay here.

Hi, thanks for your comments. We have recently been described by Visit Britain as a "Poshtel", so I'm pleased we are living upto expectations. We do hope you visit again soon.

Great place, very well-equipped kitchen, very clean. Only downside: it's loud at night because there's a club downstairs. Other than that, excellent.

Thanks for the review, sorry it can get noisy on a weekend as we are in the very centre of the city. Happy travels!

An,excellent boutique hostel. Good friendly vibe.

Lets hope we see you again soon. Thanks for the review.

It was all really clean and the kitchen was so fancy and nice. They provide free coffee, tea and juice. The beds were clean and they provide towels. Location wise, it is in the heart of it all, also just a ten mutes walk from the train station. GREAT PLACE

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Thanks, I think you have summed us up in a nutshell.

It's my favorite hostel so far!!!! Good location, good staff, good bathroom, and free tea/coffee/hot chocolate/milk..... It's wonderful!!!! But it's a little bit noisy on weekend night!

Really glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope you enjoy the rest of the UK.

Could not complain about anything! Loved it. Great location.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Well what can I say to that??!! Thank you and enjoy your travels.

Room clean, comfortable and trendy. Great value for money in a central location. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good: -Clean linen and clean facility -Location -Hot plenty water for shower and toilet that flash (after spending in a several hostels, you start to appreciate this) Bad: -Garbege in my room not picked up for at least two days. -Bathroom was not cleaned everyday though not that noticeable Overall this was the best hostel I ever stayed in my life.

Excellent!! Great to hear it was the best hostel you have stayed at.

Very friendly staff and a beautiful room. Great location. A bit loud at night, but ear plugs were provided!

Thanks for the review. Being very central it can get a bit noisy, especially on a weekend, glad you made use of the free earplugs though. Hopefully see you again soon.

This hostel was awesome! Staff were lovely and the location was excellent. Probably the best dorm room I have ever stayed in, loved the art work in the room. Only complaints would be the noise from the bar below and that it was a little pricey. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks for the great review!! Please come back soon. The noise from the Bars around us isn't as bad midweek but York is very popular on a weekend so it can get a bit more lively.

Very clean modern hostel with new facilities in the middle of york. night underneath the room was a bit noisy.

This hostel was amazing! Everything is really new (or seems like it), the kitchen is like a normal kitchen in a house, it's probably not so easy with more than two people cooking at the same time, but I didn't have a problem. Only thing: I didn't like the knives. I slept in the 8 beds mixed dorm, which was great. Every bed is divided by walls and has its own lamp and plugs, also some room for a bags. Also the hostel is directly in the city center, just 1 min to the cathedral. Go for it!

• 27th Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for the review. I'm confused??what was wrong with the knives?Hopefully they functioned correctly. Really pleased that you loved everything else. Come back soon.....

The only problem is that the reception is in the restaurant next door and it isnt well sinalized. Everything else was good.

Hi, yes check-in is at the bar next door, there is a sign on the door but maybe you missed it. Glad you found us though and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in the future.

We ended up staying an extra night we like it so much. Super comfy nights sleep, the BEST location. I would definitely recommend... :)

Hello, thanks for staying with us for an extra night, we have lots of people who do that because the love the hostel and the city so much. Come back and see us again soon....