The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Great location, very clean. Overall I was very pleased, my only concerns were that the door to the street didn't always close properly and as there were no staff on the premises, anyone could get in. Also the mattresses were a bit uncomfortable, you could feel the springs. Showers were very good, and having hairdryers available fir use was awesome!

This place is absolutely awesome. The two common areas are great, and we got to know a few people while hanging out or cooking in there. It's really clean and upgraded. This hostel is attached to a restaurant, which doubles as a bar/club at night. The only issue we had was trying to check in at 11PM on a Saturday night. The place was packed. But the staff got us checked right in, and having a separate entrance is awesome. Noise wasn't an issue either. I would definitely stay here again.

I highly doubt (unfortunately) that the standard of The Fort Boutique Hostel will ever be matched on our European travels. This is legitimately the GREATEST hostel in existence. If I could live at The Fort, I would. This place is SO modern, SO clean, SO homely. The staff are exceptional. Our experience could not have been improved by a single thing. Please do yourself a favour and stay here - you will absolutely not regret it. INCREDIBLE!!!!!

The Fort Boutique is seriously one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 6th May 2014

Super modern hostel. Really really nice. The rooms are themed (mine was space!) and have chargers and lights next to each bed. Everything was very clean, and the staff was super nice. The only complaint I have is that there wasn't a great "hostel vibe" here, but that was probably just because it was almost empty when I was staying there. I don't think this is the fault of the hostel at all. HIghly recommended if you stay in York!

Yvonne helped me book a train to Edinburgh and saved me some serious money. She also gave me a quick plan for my visit there. She and the Polish girls kept the place spotless. The restaurant and bar downstairs was good and bad. It was good because they had great food, and gave 20% off to guests. It was great because on Sunday night they had a local band that played 60s English rock-Kinks, Animals, the Who....loved it.! Bit York on Saturday night can be a bit loud.So be prepared!

3rd visit and as always a fabulous stay

Best hostel ever. Your mad if you dont stay. Staff are great you get 20% off your bill at the bar next door. It was miles better than any hotel we have stayed in on our travels. Also the art work around the place was great.

One of the cleanest hostels we have stayed in but lacks the typical hostel atmosphere. The location of this hostel is excellent as you are right in the center!

• 17th Apr 2014

window had been left open and room was full of flies. Yuk

• 15th Apr 2014

Really clean hostel. Only let down was the mattress which was a bit springy and stuck up in places. Not a place for budget travelers but a great place if you've got a bit extra cash.

Oh. My. God. This hostel is SO nice. One of the best i've seen, really! We had some issues with the booking first (the guy from the staff that helped us was lovely and super helpfull) and the place isn't cheap, but it's totaly worth it. We were there only for a night and I wish we could have stayed longer: i didn't want to leave, it felt like home! Comfy bed, lots of facilities, super clean and best en-suite shower ever!

Fantastic place, friendly welcome from staff, a little noisy as other guests partied well into the night but not bad enough to put us out! Amazing location, cosy bed, powerful hot shower...happy days!

• 12th Apr 2014

So many great things about this place, but many of them are also what is wrong w/this place. Location is great except for on the weekend, that is if you want to get any sleep. The noise from the street is loud & the door to the building slammed so loud it rattled the windows. There is no "staff", just the people that work in the lounge below. The secure luggage storage is the floor behind the bar! The apartment style dorms are awesome but not if you are alone and want to meet other travellers.

First hostel I ever stayed in and I was beyond satisfied. Based on the stories I've heard, I expected the Fort to be just below a cheap motel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only were the staff extremely friendly, all of the accommodations provided looked brand new (the shower/bathroom was REALLY clean..). I stayed Ina couple of other ones after this (not in York) and none of them were comparable to the Fort.

• 10th Apr 2014

Amazing place and the all the new facilities are great. Staff were also kind and enthusiatic. After initial mess ups,Even offered for a complimentary drink. in all, staff went out of their way to reach and help us out. had guides and facilities . Con: It was right on top of their dance club. So it is very noisy (BANG BANG). So if you need a peaceful/quite place - defy NO NO/./ but if you are up for a fun filled party night out ... yes it is the place as it is right in the city center...

• 15th Mar 2014
  • India

I didn't spent much time at Fort Boutique Hostel, only staying for 1 night. But it was a beautiful place it stay. Very clean, great shower facilities, and comfy beds! Great value for money because it is quite fancy!! If I can get back up to York I will definitely be staying here!

Hi, it's a shame you couldn't stay longer. I do hope you can visit again and maybe for more than one night. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Nice enough hostel, but definitely pack earplugs on the weekends- the bar downstairs is NOISY! I imagine this isn't as big an issue on weekdays though.

Hi there, thanks for your review. Yes it can get a bit noisy on a weekend as we a very central and amoung some of York's most popular bars and restaurants. We always have earplugs to hand if you need a better sleep.

It's called a "hostel". Technically it is a hostel. But: it doesn't look like it! It's more like an apartement with dorms. Beautiful baths/toilets, large common area and an amazing kitchen. It's more expensive than other hostels but it's worth it!

Fantastic location, bit noisy because of the club downstairs, but fine for what we needed. Room was advertised as an 8 bed room, but it's a flat with 2 rooms of four beds, and the three of us ended up split as other beds were taken. We were ok with this, but it surprised us, and we would have preferred to have been in the same room.

• 21st Feb 2014