The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

amazing value for money, our 6 bed dorm room with ensuite also had its own kitchen and lounge, wish i had stayed longer

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Everything was perfect. I would recommend this place without hesitation to anyone visiting this wonderful city

I loved staying at this hostel. Brilliant facilities and the staff were so friendly. The only critique I have was the mattress was very uncomfortable (. The location is great and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting York.

Fantastic location because you go straight out into the middle of York city. Bathroom and toilet sharing not great and would have liked a hand basin in our room

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The manager at this hotel was very very accommodating. When we were shown to our room the room had not been made up from the previous tenant. The manager and staff apologised emphatically. The manager herself cleaned the room while treating us to a complementary cocktail in the downstairs bar. She also gave us a complementary breakfast. The room was very well designed. The beds were incredibly comfortable. While all of these things were good the staff for me was the highlight.

• 19th Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel, excellent location, lovely staff clean dorm rooms with good beds and wonderful bathrooms

If you are after a central location in York then look no further just expect the usual noise from the nearby pubs/bars. The beds could have been a bit more comfy, but this is nitpicking giving the price per night. The facilities themselves were great, and being in a party of six we had a self contained room with large TV and surround sound system, ideal for watching the World Cup on :) Tea and coffee were supplied along with milk.

• 17th Jun 2014

the washing machine without dry function

Excellent!

What a fantastic and cheap place to stay! The hostel is groovy, it's in the best location, there are kitchens, night lights, fully equipped bathrooms with soap and towels provided. I would have stayed here longer if I could have, it was great, and seriously the best price. Don't even consider staying anywhere else

• 16th Jun 2014

Such a central location in York and the interior design of the hostel was so bright and bubbly that you want to almost change room every night to see all the different themes. Great facilities and having a separate mirror and hairdrying station as you can always get access to a bathroom. Only downside is not having a permanent receptionist as such, but it wasn't an issue as they give you all the required information and contact details. Would highly recommend this hostel. Enjoy!

This is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in!! Located in the heart of York, great friendly staff, great shower, comfy bed, very clean

Amazing hostel right in the heart of York not far from the train station. One of the best hostels I have stayed in and definitely shows. One gripe would be that staff is not very present and reception and check in is in the bar downstairs. Took about 20 minutes for someone to show up to check in. I stayed in the pod room which is a great concept that are very comfortable. Socially hostel was not the best with people mostly keeping to themselves but it was possible to socialize

Nice location, good facilities , staff not around generally . A little noisy in the night because of downstairs bar.

Really great place - just renovated, the rooms are very clear, the beds are spacious, and the facilities are fantastic - free coffee! And the location is fantastic - barley a five minute walk to the Minster and right in the heart of York. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

Fantastic hostel! One of the best in my 4 months of travel so far. VERY good kitchen facilities, great common room area that makes it easy to meet people, great bathrooms, HAIR DRYERS!!!! They had really thought of everything. Mirrors next to plugs for the ladies. I could go on... STAY HERE!!

Wonderful hostel right in the heart of the city centre. I guess it was the most impressive hostel atmosphere I've ever seen. It is more expensive than the other hostels around but the premium I pay is worth what I got.

Friendly and helpful staff with a good location. Nice and well kept dorm.

One of my favourite hostels in the UK. Great amenities, everything is very modern and you couldn't have a more perfect location.

• 1st Jun 2014