The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Could do with a 24-hour reception as I got locked out my dorm when I went to the toilet in the middle of the night and had to sleep on a sofa in the communal area in my pants. AN hour later, the same thing happened to another guy in his pants, who then had to share my sofa.

Great stay with a lovely staff, great bed, perfect location and facilities (showers, towels, kitchen, ...)

• 25th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in this year! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with tours and city information and the facilities are beautiful. Thanks to everyone there!

This place is amazing. The best place I've stayed since I've been traveling. Everything is clean and new, beds are great, really nice kitchen and free big towel. And it's run by basically the nicest people ever!

Only the internet connection was intermittent. Otherwise, everything was wonderful - I'm definitely staying here the next time I visit York!

• 18th May 2014
  • India

This hostel is amazing!!! The staff is super helpful, Ivone was really nice and sweet, she gave us a walking tour for free and invite us with some drinks in the terrace. The hostel has all the facilities you may need, laundry for free, a new and very well equiped kitchen. The bedrooms are awesome!!!! Super comfortable beds and very spacious. The hostel is located in a central place so it's really easy to get where ever you want to go. I'll definitily go back if i visit york again!! Thank you!!!!

My six-bed room was really cool - it was a whole suite with a kitchen and living room! Very cool with great facilities as well as very clean. The one bad thing was that the wifi didn't work in the room which was on the second floor, so I had to go down to the bar downstairs which was quite noisy and busy at night. But this hostel is really great, highly recommended!

Great location! Its right in the middle of the city! perfect for walking everywhere, about 10mins from the station. We have a private double - shared bathroom. Room was big and clean.The kitchen was fully stocked with pans and stuff,they also had fresh milk which was super handy!people have said it was loud on the weekends,we stayed on a friday and you could hear the music from the bar downstairs but it wasnt enough to keep us awake, but we were on the 3rd floor! i would stay again, great place

I enjoyed my three night stay in the centre of town. Very clean and the best toilet shower room I have seen in a hotel. Theki4tchen facilities were excellent. I would recommend the Fort.

• 12th May 2014

Great location, very clean. Overall I was very pleased, my only concerns were that the door to the street didn't always close properly and as there were no staff on the premises, anyone could get in. Also the mattresses were a bit uncomfortable, you could feel the springs. Showers were very good, and having hairdryers available fir use was awesome!

This place is absolutely awesome. The two common areas are great, and we got to know a few people while hanging out or cooking in there. It's really clean and upgraded. This hostel is attached to a restaurant, which doubles as a bar/club at night. The only issue we had was trying to check in at 11PM on a Saturday night. The place was packed. But the staff got us checked right in, and having a separate entrance is awesome. Noise wasn't an issue either. I would definitely stay here again.

I highly doubt (unfortunately) that the standard of The Fort Boutique Hostel will ever be matched on our European travels. This is legitimately the GREATEST hostel in existence. If I could live at The Fort, I would. This place is SO modern, SO clean, SO homely. The staff are exceptional. Our experience could not have been improved by a single thing. Please do yourself a favour and stay here - you will absolutely not regret it. INCREDIBLE!!!!!

The Fort Boutique is seriously one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 6th May 2014

Super modern hostel. Really really nice. The rooms are themed (mine was space!) and have chargers and lights next to each bed. Everything was very clean, and the staff was super nice. The only complaint I have is that there wasn't a great "hostel vibe" here, but that was probably just because it was almost empty when I was staying there. I don't think this is the fault of the hostel at all. HIghly recommended if you stay in York!

Yvonne helped me book a train to Edinburgh and saved me some serious money. She also gave me a quick plan for my visit there. She and the Polish girls kept the place spotless. The restaurant and bar downstairs was good and bad. It was good because they had great food, and gave 20% off to guests. It was great because on Sunday night they had a local band that played 60s English rock-Kinks, Animals, the Who....loved it.! Bit York on Saturday night can be a bit loud.So be prepared!

3rd visit and as always a fabulous stay

Best hostel ever. Your mad if you dont stay. Staff are great you get 20% off your bill at the bar next door. It was miles better than any hotel we have stayed in on our travels. Also the art work around the place was great.

One of the cleanest hostels we have stayed in but lacks the typical hostel atmosphere. The location of this hostel is excellent as you are right in the center!

• 17th Apr 2014

window had been left open and room was full of flies. Yuk

• 15th Apr 2014

Really clean hostel. Only let down was the mattress which was a bit springy and stuck up in places. Not a place for budget travelers but a great place if you've got a bit extra cash.