The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Highly recommended for your stay in York, friendly helpful staff and we will be back, Vince Ion

• 16th Feb 2014

Thank you, do please come back again with your group. I hope the play was a success.

This hostel is located in the absolute centre of York, 1 minute from the Minster, you can't do any better. The bathrooms are astonishingly modern, clean and comfortable - an absolute delight. The bed was so short that I could not stretch entirely (and I am only 6'1" / 185cm tall), I didn't like that at all. Still a nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful rooms, nice common room, rather small number of beds with spacy common room, overall very enjoyable.

Thanks for the review, not sure which bunk you had but they are 6'7'' long so you should have been able to stretch out. Pleased you enjoyed your stay and I wish you all the best on your travels.

Good location. It was expensive for a hostel if there is more than one of you and for the same amount we could have stayed in a budget hotel. We decided not to because we enjoy the atmosphere of a hostel and this hostel did not have it. York is a great city. I would recommend the hostel on location and cleanliness but not value for money.

Hi, thanks for your comments. To make the most out of a hostel you should stay in a dorm room. This way you get to meet new people, our private rooms are very private so it is harder to meet other people. Dorm beds start from £18 pounds and privates from £58. For a city centre location, I'd say that's not bad. Do stay again and try one of our superb brand new dorms with communal kitchen.

Excellent place, very comfortable and clean. It is located in the heart of the town surrounded by awesome buildings unfortunately, I couldn't stay for more days

Aw maybe next time you can book in for longer. Thanks for the review.

Hostel was great, all new and very clean. Only thing is the noisy from the bars around. I don't have much problems while sleeping but it was very loud. All the rest was fab! Thank you!!!!!

• 24th Jan 2014

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review, we hope to see you again.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »