The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Such a central location in York and the interior design of the hostel was so bright and bubbly that you want to almost change room every night to see all the different themes. Great facilities and having a separate mirror and hairdrying station as you can always get access to a bathroom. Only downside is not having a permanent receptionist as such, but it wasn't an issue as they give you all the required information and contact details. Would highly recommend this hostel. Enjoy!

This is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in!! Located in the heart of York, great friendly staff, great shower, comfy bed, very clean

Amazing hostel right in the heart of York not far from the train station. One of the best hostels I have stayed in and definitely shows. One gripe would be that staff is not very present and reception and check in is in the bar downstairs. Took about 20 minutes for someone to show up to check in. I stayed in the pod room which is a great concept that are very comfortable. Socially hostel was not the best with people mostly keeping to themselves but it was possible to socialize

Nice location, good facilities , staff not around generally . A little noisy in the night because of downstairs bar.

Really great place - just renovated, the rooms are very clear, the beds are spacious, and the facilities are fantastic - free coffee! And the location is fantastic - barley a five minute walk to the Minster and right in the heart of York. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

Fantastic hostel! One of the best in my 4 months of travel so far. VERY good kitchen facilities, great common room area that makes it easy to meet people, great bathrooms, HAIR DRYERS!!!! They had really thought of everything. Mirrors next to plugs for the ladies. I could go on... STAY HERE!!

Wonderful hostel right in the heart of the city centre. I guess it was the most impressive hostel atmosphere I've ever seen. It is more expensive than the other hostels around but the premium I pay is worth what I got.

Friendly and helpful staff with a good location. Nice and well kept dorm.

One of my favourite hostels in the UK. Great amenities, everything is very modern and you couldn't have a more perfect location.

• 1st Jun 2014

The beds were a little dusty, but other than that, it was all clean and good.

fantastic location, loved the pod beds with reading lights/plugins. Small lockers for valuables only and not in (my) room, but you didn't have to pay to use them. Hot spot for hen/stag parties, loud bar Fri/Sat nights attached, quiet the rest of the time. Only complaint was their WiFi provider. Unless I was doing something wrong (possible) their WiFi provider asked me to login through Fcbk or Twitter, thus giving up my info and and all of my friends'emails, which is not acceptable.

staffs are nice and helpful. location is excellent, decorations are good facilities are new. a good place to stay.the only shortcoming is that the bar downstairs is noisy at night.

Everything was perfect - but the mattress was the worst I have ever experienced in a hostel. If at all possible, maybe invest in new better ones? I am sure it would be much appreciated.

Could do with a 24-hour reception as I got locked out my dorm when I went to the toilet in the middle of the night and had to sleep on a sofa in the communal area in my pants. AN hour later, the same thing happened to another guy in his pants, who then had to share my sofa.

Great stay with a lovely staff, great bed, perfect location and facilities (showers, towels, kitchen, ...)

• 25th May 2014