The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

So many great things about this place, but many of them are also what is wrong w/this place. Location is great except for on the weekend, that is if you want to get any sleep. The noise from the street is loud & the door to the building slammed so loud it rattled the windows. There is no "staff", just the people that work in the lounge below. The secure luggage storage is the floor behind the bar! The apartment style dorms are awesome but not if you are alone and want to meet other travellers.

First hostel I ever stayed in and I was beyond satisfied. Based on the stories I've heard, I expected the Fort to be just below a cheap motel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only were the staff extremely friendly, all of the accommodations provided looked brand new (the shower/bathroom was REALLY clean..). I stayed Ina couple of other ones after this (not in York) and none of them were comparable to the Fort.

• 10th Apr 2014

Amazing place and the all the new facilities are great. Staff were also kind and enthusiatic. After initial mess ups,Even offered for a complimentary drink. in all, staff went out of their way to reach and help us out. had guides and facilities . Con: It was right on top of their dance club. So it is very noisy (BANG BANG). So if you need a peaceful/quite place - defy NO NO/./ but if you are up for a fun filled party night out ... yes it is the place as it is right in the city center...

• 15th Mar 2014
  • India

I didn't spent much time at Fort Boutique Hostel, only staying for 1 night. But it was a beautiful place it stay. Very clean, great shower facilities, and comfy beds! Great value for money because it is quite fancy!! If I can get back up to York I will definitely be staying here!

Hi, it's a shame you couldn't stay longer. I do hope you can visit again and maybe for more than one night. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Nice enough hostel, but definitely pack earplugs on the weekends- the bar downstairs is NOISY! I imagine this isn't as big an issue on weekdays though.

Hi there, thanks for your review. Yes it can get a bit noisy on a weekend as we a very central and amoung some of York's most popular bars and restaurants. We always have earplugs to hand if you need a better sleep.

It's called a "hostel". Technically it is a hostel. But: it doesn't look like it! It's more like an apartement with dorms. Beautiful baths/toilets, large common area and an amazing kitchen. It's more expensive than other hostels but it's worth it!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »