The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

3rd visit and as always a fabulous stay

Best hostel ever. Your mad if you dont stay. Staff are great you get 20% off your bill at the bar next door. It was miles better than any hotel we have stayed in on our travels. Also the art work around the place was great.

One of the cleanest hostels we have stayed in but lacks the typical hostel atmosphere. The location of this hostel is excellent as you are right in the center!

• 17th Apr 2014

window had been left open and room was full of flies. Yuk

• 15th Apr 2014

Really clean hostel. Only let down was the mattress which was a bit springy and stuck up in places. Not a place for budget travelers but a great place if you've got a bit extra cash.

Oh. My. God. This hostel is SO nice. One of the best i've seen, really! We had some issues with the booking first (the guy from the staff that helped us was lovely and super helpfull) and the place isn't cheap, but it's totaly worth it. We were there only for a night and I wish we could have stayed longer: i didn't want to leave, it felt like home! Comfy bed, lots of facilities, super clean and best en-suite shower ever!

Fantastic place, friendly welcome from staff, a little noisy as other guests partied well into the night but not bad enough to put us out! Amazing location, cosy bed, powerful hot shower...happy days!

• 12th Apr 2014

So many great things about this place, but many of them are also what is wrong w/this place. Location is great except for on the weekend, that is if you want to get any sleep. The noise from the street is loud & the door to the building slammed so loud it rattled the windows. There is no "staff", just the people that work in the lounge below. The secure luggage storage is the floor behind the bar! The apartment style dorms are awesome but not if you are alone and want to meet other travellers.

First hostel I ever stayed in and I was beyond satisfied. Based on the stories I've heard, I expected the Fort to be just below a cheap motel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only were the staff extremely friendly, all of the accommodations provided looked brand new (the shower/bathroom was REALLY clean..). I stayed Ina couple of other ones after this (not in York) and none of them were comparable to the Fort.

• 10th Apr 2014