The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

The hostel is amazing, very well located, comfy and cosy, the only problem is theres no reception (u check in in the bar next door) so is quite difficult to get tips from the staff, but the touristic info office is just down the road.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you enjoyed the city too as there are lots of great things to see and do on our doorstep.

Best hostel that i have ever seen!

Great!!! That's what we like to hear. Thank you.

This is the best hostel that i have ever stayed in and the reason is that its not really a hostel....its a hotel with bunk beds! I was travelling with three friends and we paid 28 euros each, so the price is a little higher than most hostels but you do get what you pay for. Location is brilliant, rooms are clean and come with full kitchen and ensuite. Even things like the mattresses and bedding are of a very high quality. This hostel sets a benchmark, i really recommend you stay here.

Hi, thanks for your comments. We have recently been described by Visit Britain as a "Poshtel", so I'm pleased we are living upto expectations. We do hope you visit again soon.

Great place, very well-equipped kitchen, very clean. Only downside: it's loud at night because there's a club downstairs. Other than that, excellent.

Thanks for the review, sorry it can get noisy on a weekend as we are in the very centre of the city. Happy travels!

An,excellent boutique hostel. Good friendly vibe.

Lets hope we see you again soon. Thanks for the review.

It was all really clean and the kitchen was so fancy and nice. They provide free coffee, tea and juice. The beds were clean and they provide towels. Location wise, it is in the heart of it all, also just a ten mutes walk from the train station. GREAT PLACE

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Thanks, I think you have summed us up in a nutshell.

It's my favorite hostel so far!!!! Good location, good staff, good bathroom, and free tea/coffee/hot chocolate/milk..... It's wonderful!!!! But it's a little bit noisy on weekend night!

Really glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope you enjoy the rest of the UK.

Could not complain about anything! Loved it. Great location.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Well what can I say to that??!! Thank you and enjoy your travels.

Room clean, comfortable and trendy. Great value for money in a central location. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good: -Clean linen and clean facility -Location -Hot plenty water for shower and toilet that flash (after spending in a several hostels, you start to appreciate this) Bad: -Garbege in my room not picked up for at least two days. -Bathroom was not cleaned everyday though not that noticeable Overall this was the best hostel I ever stayed in my life.

Excellent!! Great to hear it was the best hostel you have stayed at.

Very friendly staff and a beautiful room. Great location. A bit loud at night, but ear plugs were provided!

Thanks for the review. Being very central it can get a bit noisy, especially on a weekend, glad you made use of the free earplugs though. Hopefully see you again soon.

This hostel was awesome! Staff were lovely and the location was excellent. Probably the best dorm room I have ever stayed in, loved the art work in the room. Only complaints would be the noise from the bar below and that it was a little pricey. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks for the great review!! Please come back soon. The noise from the Bars around us isn't as bad midweek but York is very popular on a weekend so it can get a bit more lively.

Very clean modern hostel with new facilities in the middle of york. night underneath the room was a bit noisy.

This hostel was amazing! Everything is really new (or seems like it), the kitchen is like a normal kitchen in a house, it's probably not so easy with more than two people cooking at the same time, but I didn't have a problem. Only thing: I didn't like the knives. I slept in the 8 beds mixed dorm, which was great. Every bed is divided by walls and has its own lamp and plugs, also some room for a bags. Also the hostel is directly in the city center, just 1 min to the cathedral. Go for it!

• 27th Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for the review. I'm confused??what was wrong with the knives?Hopefully they functioned correctly. Really pleased that you loved everything else. Come back soon.....

The only problem is that the reception is in the restaurant next door and it isnt well sinalized. Everything else was good.

Hi, yes check-in is at the bar next door, there is a sign on the door but maybe you missed it. Glad you found us though and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in the future.

We ended up staying an extra night we like it so much. Super comfy nights sleep, the BEST location. I would definitely recommend... :)

Hello, thanks for staying with us for an extra night, we have lots of people who do that because the love the hostel and the city so much. Come back and see us again soon....

I have no qualms about recommending The Fort to anyone. I couldn't think of a better location, slap bang in the centre of York, within walking distance of everything you need. Bedding and towels were provided in our 6-bed dorm, and I was surprised to find a fully functional kitchen but only one bathroom and shower room. You need to access the hostel through Kennedy's bar, so just go to a member of staff and say you have a reservation.

• 19th Oct 2013

Hello, thanks for the review, if we had more room we would squeeze more bathrooms but, but 1 between 6 is usual for our dorm rooms. Please visit again soon.

Really nice hostel. It was more like an apartment that you were sharing with a group of friends. The 8 bed room had a huge bathroom, with a bathtub, and its own kitchen. The location was amazing, right in the middle of everything, and incredibly easy to get places from. Wi-fi signal was good, huge comfy towels provided, free laundry, and free tea, coffee, milk and juice!

Hello, great review, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope York didn't disappoint too.

Really nice place to stay. On arrival the staff showed me up to my room and even carried my backpack for me; a relieving gesture for a backpacker! Great beds; comfy and you can actually sit up comfortably on the bottom bunks. Well equipt kitchen and comfy lounge area. Only complaint would be that the wifi wasn't accessible from my room, only in the lounge area.

• 16th Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for the great review. We are always willing to show people to their rooms and carry any luggage too, that way we can answer any of your questions and make sure you settle in nicely. We hope to see you in the future.

They were very helpful and very friendly. The location was great for what I wanted to see

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.