The Fort Boutique Hostel Reviews

1 Little Stonegate, York, York, England

Best hostel ever. Your mad if you dont stay. Staff are great you get 20% off your bill at the bar next door. It was miles better than any hotel we have stayed in on our travels. Also the art work around the place was great.

One of the cleanest hostels we have stayed in but lacks the typical hostel atmosphere. The location of this hostel is excellent as you are right in the center!

• 17th Apr 2014

window had been left open and room was full of flies. Yuk

• 15th Apr 2014

Really clean hostel. Only let down was the mattress which was a bit springy and stuck up in places. Not a place for budget travelers but a great place if you've got a bit extra cash.

Oh. My. God. This hostel is SO nice. One of the best i've seen, really! We had some issues with the booking first (the guy from the staff that helped us was lovely and super helpfull) and the place isn't cheap, but it's totaly worth it. We were there only for a night and I wish we could have stayed longer: i didn't want to leave, it felt like home! Comfy bed, lots of facilities, super clean and best en-suite shower ever!

Fantastic place, friendly welcome from staff, a little noisy as other guests partied well into the night but not bad enough to put us out! Amazing location, cosy bed, powerful hot shower...happy days!

• 12th Apr 2014

So many great things about this place, but many of them are also what is wrong w/this place. Location is great except for on the weekend, that is if you want to get any sleep. The noise from the street is loud & the door to the building slammed so loud it rattled the windows. There is no "staff", just the people that work in the lounge below. The secure luggage storage is the floor behind the bar! The apartment style dorms are awesome but not if you are alone and want to meet other travellers.

First hostel I ever stayed in and I was beyond satisfied. Based on the stories I've heard, I expected the Fort to be just below a cheap motel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only were the staff extremely friendly, all of the accommodations provided looked brand new (the shower/bathroom was REALLY clean..). I stayed Ina couple of other ones after this (not in York) and none of them were comparable to the Fort.

• 10th Apr 2014

Amazing place and the all the new facilities are great. Staff were also kind and enthusiatic. After initial mess ups,Even offered for a complimentary drink. in all, staff went out of their way to reach and help us out. had guides and facilities . Con: It was right on top of their dance club. So it is very noisy (BANG BANG). So if you need a peaceful/quite place - defy NO NO/./ but if you are up for a fun filled party night out ... yes it is the place as it is right in the city center...

• 15th Mar 2014
  • India

I didn't spent much time at Fort Boutique Hostel, only staying for 1 night. But it was a beautiful place it stay. Very clean, great shower facilities, and comfy beds! Great value for money because it is quite fancy!! If I can get back up to York I will definitely be staying here!

Hi, it's a shame you couldn't stay longer. I do hope you can visit again and maybe for more than one night. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Nice enough hostel, but definitely pack earplugs on the weekends- the bar downstairs is NOISY! I imagine this isn't as big an issue on weekdays though.

Hi there, thanks for your review. Yes it can get a bit noisy on a weekend as we a very central and amoung some of York's most popular bars and restaurants. We always have earplugs to hand if you need a better sleep.

It's called a "hostel". Technically it is a hostel. But: it doesn't look like it! It's more like an apartement with dorms. Beautiful baths/toilets, large common area and an amazing kitchen. It's more expensive than other hostels but it's worth it!

Fantastic location, bit noisy because of the club downstairs, but fine for what we needed. Room was advertised as an 8 bed room, but it's a flat with 2 rooms of four beds, and the three of us ended up split as other beds were taken. We were ok with this, but it surprised us, and we would have preferred to have been in the same room.

• 21st Feb 2014

Highly recommended for your stay in York, friendly helpful staff and we will be back, Vince Ion

• 16th Feb 2014

Thank you, do please come back again with your group. I hope the play was a success.

This hostel is located in the absolute centre of York, 1 minute from the Minster, you can't do any better. The bathrooms are astonishingly modern, clean and comfortable - an absolute delight. The bed was so short that I could not stretch entirely (and I am only 6'1" / 185cm tall), I didn't like that at all. Still a nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful rooms, nice common room, rather small number of beds with spacy common room, overall very enjoyable.

Thanks for the review, not sure which bunk you had but they are 6'7'' long so you should have been able to stretch out. Pleased you enjoyed your stay and I wish you all the best on your travels.

Good location. It was expensive for a hostel if there is more than one of you and for the same amount we could have stayed in a budget hotel. We decided not to because we enjoy the atmosphere of a hostel and this hostel did not have it. York is a great city. I would recommend the hostel on location and cleanliness but not value for money.

Hi, thanks for your comments. To make the most out of a hostel you should stay in a dorm room. This way you get to meet new people, our private rooms are very private so it is harder to meet other people. Dorm beds start from £18 pounds and privates from £58. For a city centre location, I'd say that's not bad. Do stay again and try one of our superb brand new dorms with communal kitchen.

Excellent place, very comfortable and clean. It is located in the heart of the town surrounded by awesome buildings unfortunately, I couldn't stay for more days

Aw maybe next time you can book in for longer. Thanks for the review.

Hostel was great, all new and very clean. Only thing is the noisy from the bars around. I don't have much problems while sleeping but it was very loud. All the rest was fab! Thank you!!!!!

• 24th Jan 2014

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review, we hope to see you again.

The staff was extremely friendly, and went the extra mile to show me my room and give a tour of the place. Was there when not many people were staying so it was hard to meet other people, but there is a common area with 2 kitchens thats great for a shared location.

Thanks for the review, January is our quietest month, sorry if that disappointed you, do come back when the season starts and you will find lots of people to meet.

Best hostel i have ever stayed in, hands down. From the staff, carrying my huge bag up the stairs to the cleanliness, location and facilities. Simply brilliant. Will be recommending to all my friends/family.

Hi, wow thanks!! We do try to go that little bit further and we love showing guests personally up to their room. Please stay again, but travel a bit lighter next time. Haha