The Fort Hostel Reviews

Kalayaan Ave. cor. Limbo st., near EDSA, The Fort/Bonifacio Global City, Manila, Manila, Philippines

Nice rooms. However a few things were a little off putting about this hostel. When we arrived we saw the kitchen upside o we thought we could make dinner, it also said on the website that there were kitchen facilities. As we started to cook we were told we were not allowed to use the kitchen as it was for trainees, didn't see them. the staff were unapologetic, very lousy. THe lounge room area was good but the so called bar on the website did not exist. There are much better hostels in Manila.

We really enjoyed our stay. Nice staff, great rooftop terrace and comfy beds.

The hostel is kept to a clean level and is reasonably priced HOWEVER: The staff are not interested in providing genuine help with questions surrounding Manila or facilities around the area. Everytime I was given advice or directions, it seemed rushed and upon trying to locate what I was looking for it seemed the directions given were often wrong or exaggerated (I'm an experienced traveller visiting Asia several times per year so have no issue finding things). No real atmosphere either.

The room was good and the locker was super spacious. I like that the bathroom was attached and the room had a small kitchenette. The common area at the top didnt have air con and there were a lot of ants from the trash, but the wifi was best up there. I booked this because it was close to the airport but not as close to the entrance as it seemed on a map. I didnt realize it was so residential. Not much nearby except street food.

Stayed in this hostel a fex days ago and I liked it much; Every morning the will greet and smile you and ask how they can help you so nice very warn. I enjoyed the rooftop gathering in sunset till late at night having beers with other guests from different parts of world.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

value for money cheap price but comfortable stay very clean place and good location. recommended when looking for a good yet cheap place to stay when in manila. thanks for our good stay

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Finland

perfect location so near to fort bonifacio global ciy

• 4th Jan 2015

-rooms are spacious and clean -soft beds, not achy to the back -cheap rates and near business district

Roofbar with an amazing view

nice hostel with friendly staff.. lacks a litte of atmosphere. at least my room was really loud and the ac worked but didn't really cool the place.. location is okay though.

Great hostel value for money. Central location. Friendly staff.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Poland

The place actually goes by Our Awesome Hostel and NOT The Fort, taxi driver and I went looking everywhere for it. Security was poor because the locks on locker were as strong as a chicken bone, literally. Staff aren't helpful, ex. No maps and just unfriendly/unwelcoming. Bathrooms are dirty, beds are uncomfortable, and WiFi is terrible, if not nonexistent. Try somewhere else, I wasted my money and time.

Good location and good that water refills were available but I guess that's pretty standard in the Philippines. Nothing else exceptional about the hostel. Atmosphere was only ok. Would have been nice to have some breakfast included as there are not many places to get breakfast nearby.

This is a wonderfull lodge and the gate to your boracay experience. It has been recently painted and the rooms are very confortable. Staffs very friendly and walking distance to the beach is good! Highly recommended

Rooms are big good in sleeping and bathrooms are big too, and also the cabinets big to fit all my luggages. The staff are friendly and warm always willing to assist my questions and other concerns. Location is very near to the places we go to so very convenient. The price also is so very cheap. Up all I recommend this hostel and I do come again in the future.

• 11th Nov 2014

The location is great and just walking distance to Fort area/BGC. The hotel was quite decent and was kinda expecting less given its cheap price but overall it was a nice stay

Excellent hostel. Rooms are clean and the atmosphere is good and the staff are very nice which is a plus. It feels safe because they have 2 security guards downstairs 24/7 who also help in getting a taxi. It's good also that they have CCTV in all floors which is another plus. What I like about this hostel is that they have a roofdeck bar wherein it's good to relax at night with the local beer san miguel light and they have a small cafeteria with filipino food tried the tapa with egg rice good.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Tunisia

Excellent location and staff is welcoming and rooms and lockers big.

• 12th Oct 2014

Management is NOT flexible with time. They should be considerate enough to accomodate more than 10 people earlier than check in time specially if the room is already available.

• 11th Oct 2014