The Friendly Hostel Reviews

182 Torquay Rd, Hervey Bay, Australia

A fantastic, quiet and chilled out hostel. Really clean and Gary was so helpful, appropriately named hostel! Would definitely stay here again.

Gary was great. Very accommodating, stored our luggage when we did an over night Frasier island tour. Picked up and dropped off at bus terminal. Highly recommend.

The staff and other people staying there were very friendly. As I was an older person, I was made to feel very welcome and part of a family. Definitely would recommend it.

• 12th May 2015

You get what you pay for... Gary was really helpful and accommodating.

• 12th Apr 2015

We arrived very early in the morning and the owner was so kind to clean our room himself for us so we can sleep, a very helpful and nice man! We enjoyed our stay very much, extended our stay about two nights, the atmosphere is just cosy and very homely. They offer free usage of bicycles and free wifi. In case we would visit Hervey Bay again, we would definitely stay there again!

Very clean and tidy but not a social hostel

:( A sign at the reception said, that there would be somebody there until 7pm, but there was no one there at 6.30. Also no hint about hidden keys or anything. Hostel guests also didn't know what to do, so I called the two numbers that were written down at reception from the phone on the balcony and left a message after no one answered. Luckily I found the WOOLSHED hostel on the other side of the street, so I had a bed. Still my cc was charged,even though next day I told the guy what had happened

Although our stay was quite brief - we were VERY impressed with the Friendly Hostel and would definitely recommend it to anyone headed to Hervey Bay!! Great location, free bike rentals, spacious rooms, lovely kitchens, welcoming staff!