The Friendly Hostel Reviews

182 Torquay Rd, Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia

The kitchen was sometimes a little bit dirty. But very friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Really nice place to stay, felt like we had our own little apartment. Great price for money!

• 30th Mar 2014

"The Friednly hostel" Hahaha good joke! Never again this hostel! The staff is not really friendly. But first the story: We stayed there for 2 nights and our greyhound left at 9 pm (very late). Check out time was 10 am (normal). Unfortunately the weather was too bad! It rained cats and dogs! Really horrible. Anyways, we asked them whether it's possible to wait inside the hostel for couple hours, until the rain will stop. Answer of the "friendly" staff. "Yes sure, but 10$ each" what?

• 25th Mar 2014

Marc, my friend, it really makes me sad when we work so hard to have people enjoy their stay and then someone like you comes along that is this unhappy about their experience , not because the experience was bad but because you had to pay for it ! Next time you must check in with the Salvation Army, they are a not-for-profit charity in Hervey Bay. The fact is that you used our kitchen, bathroom,internet, television and bikes the whole day - all these things cost us money !

Very nice and as it is said friendly hostel! Nothing to complain about it loved that stay:)

We stayed in one of the double private rooms. It was quite cozy. We messed up the times we were supposed to be picked up but they still picked us up at the greyhound station. We spent an over night trip to Fraser island and the friendly Host l held onto our luggage. They have bikes you can use and work a certain number of hours for a nights stay.

• 18th Mar 2014

This hostel could not be further away from town. No supermarket close, so have to go to a convenience store which is very expensive and had few options. The owner/manager was very nice and helpful. He gave me a ride to the Greyhound station when no shuttles were going. He was friendly and knew me by name, even though I only stayed one night. The French girl working at the hostel was very rude and was yelling at other guests to move out of her way when she was cleaning. Fast, free wifi. Chilled.

This was one of the best hostels we stayed in during our RTW trip. The owner is very friendly and helps you finding and booking the best trip to Fraser Island, skydiving and other things. We could do our laundry for free and there´s fast and free WIFI everywhere. The hostel is divided in several units. There were 3 rooms in our unit in total and therefore we had to share the kitchen and the bathroom with only 4 other people. It was very quiet and easy going.

so nice staff

It was very welcoming and not as impersonal as most hostels are!

• 14th Feb 2014

Except no air conditioning . Every thing is good .

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

The owner wasn't very friendly to me - the free pick up from the greyhound was appreciated but it felt very awkward as he didn't say a word to me for the whole journey. Free wifi was good, but the rooms were quite dingy and old fashioned. Also beware - unless you book a deluxe room, there isn't any air conditioning - I didn't think this was very clear on hostelworld. Also lacked lockers.

Not a party hostel, very homey! Stayed here with a friend and we really enjoyed our time here. Made a nice change from the big hostels we had been staying in.

Gary was excellent arranging extra nights and suggesting best trips to go on. Located in a fairly easy access place. A quiet place to stay. Bedroom perfect for what I needed, lounge good quality and free Wi-fi great. Kitchen a little short of equipment, especially if a few people trying to cook at same time. Overall a nice stay, made better by friendly staff.

Really nice hostel, apart from issues with booking. Very clean and relaxing.

Great kindness from the host. I really thanked that all arrangement was good even though the late night arrival

Definitely a quirky hostel, just a set of rooms in a block, not much atmosphere and it seems to just be run by one person. We were a little frustrated as we couldn't leave our luggage whilst we went on a frazer island tour, we had to be back before 6pm, whereas a larger hostel would offer this until later in the evening, considering most people are taking a frazer island tour it isn't great. Facilities are quite good, decent kitchen, and sitting area, but no real space outside to socialise.

Really liked this hostel even if it didnt have the usely backpacking vibe. Staff was very helpfull an the facilitie was great.

Great hostel, friendly staff, clean, no bunkbeds, good atmosphere!

Nice hostel with helpful staff. Very good internet. Great bikes!!! Would stay again!

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in, wish I had been staying for longer. It's not in the centre of Airlie Beach which for me was perfect. Best nights sleep I've had in a long time! Possibly to do with the champagne I won in their nightly quiz.