The Full Moon Backpackers Reviews

1North Street, Stokes croft, Bristol, Bristol, England

Great place to stay, staff is adorable!

• 10th Apr 2014

I didn't stay there in the end. My initial impression was that it was somewhat dark and grungy and so I continued on to London. David.

• 7th Apr 2014

Do you know this meme, Moon Moon? Let me copy/paste: "Moon Moon is a fictional wolf character that is portrayed as a mentally challenged outcast in the pack", "People now use the term Moon Moon in the form of that one person that comes along and ruins everything". Well, that's the best depiction of this hostel I can think of. You'd think they named it after the infamous wolf and just forgot to add the second "Moon".

It was a nice stay, but bear in mind that eco-friendly means that for the first half hour of turning on any lights, they may as well not be on at all (which was interesting in the evening!). Also I had to shower in the dark as after a few minutes they turn off too. However staff were very friendly and helpful :)

• 11th Dec 2013

The bar staff had a lock-in outside our room so we did not sleep the whole night. there was a direct entrance from a drum and bass rave to our room. we were 5 minutes late to check-out and the hostel wanted to charge us £40 and threatened to call the police if we did not pay. No lock on a shower. No lockers in room.

Worst: the beds are quite bad. On weekends is very noisy. Best: Close to the bus station. Quiet on weekdays. It is a hostel for a couple of nights or for very young people with lots of energy. The staff is friendly and they do their best. My door had a key I do not know about the digital key at all?? Best wishes!

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Spain

The corridor smelled truly awful. Bed mattress was rock hard. Pillows and duvets had a number of yellowy-orange stains. And, personally, I don't like brushing my teeth with warm water. Staff were alright, but a bit disorganised.