The Funk House Reviews

23 Darlinghurst Rd, Kingscross, Sydney, Australia

I stepped into this hotel and it was too early to check in. They gave me a key to put my luggage upstairs before i could get my key and i decided to not stay at this hotel. It was really not clean and smelly. When I dropped my bag, spiders were crawling on thr wall. I cancelled my booking and they charged me the two night on my account.Hostelworld told me they would charge only one. Anyway, Good for backpackers wanting to meet other backpackers and parting all night i guess...

There was a HUGE cockroach in my room, hanging on the curtain. Another smaller one in the fridge. The reception was closed then and I didn't have any appropriate tool to kill them. Sorry, but I couldn't stand staying the night there and left straight away.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Hi, Sorry to hear about your experience with us and the cockroach in your room. Unfortunately cockroaches are an unavoidable part of Sydney; especially in the summer time. We hope you're enjoying your travels. Cheers FHCREW

Friendly, fun staff and very helpful staff! Great atmosphere overall really. Rooms are of good standard and comfortable(damp smell though at first though) Kitchen could do with a makeover and good clean. Not too noisy considering its a busy area so suitable for anyone working. Great location. Highly recommend!!!

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review and we're glad to hear you enjoyed you stay with us. Safe travels and thanks again. Cheers FHCREW

Full of long stayers that are working in Sydney, they take up the roof terrace together and the tv room and they all cook at the same time. Everybody smokes weed on the roof and it stinks, they staff do not care. Disgusting dirty rooms. Would not stay here again

• 23rd Oct 2015