The Funk House

8.1
Fabulous 633 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

The staff were lovely and the we were even upgraded to a private twin which was a bonus. The majoriry of the occupants of this hostel were long term stays which made the environment feel very cliquey. The facilities were clean and when you're only staying for a few nights then it's perfect.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2017
6.9

The hostel was alright. Definitely wasn't the cleanest I've stayed in. My friends were in a different room and they had a bug problem. The bathrooms were pretty dirty and small. The atmosphere wasn't great for a couple of travelers just passing through. The majority of the travellers staying there are long term and they are not very welcoming. Like other reviews say they are pretty "clique".

• sansommr1066
  • USA, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
7.1

My stay here was far less than amazing. There were too many "Long Term" residents for me to meet anyone, as they all travelled in groups and only sat with each other in the kitchen and TV area. The kitchen, dining, fridges and cabinet space were almost impossible to use to cook dinner in or store any food because of how many of these LT residents were using it. Close to trains which was nice and short walk to Botanic Garden & Opera house. Location was the only good thing about my stay.

• Italy, Couple, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

Really enjoyed our time at the Funk House. My boyfriend and I stayed there for one week and, even though we payed for a 6 people bedroom, we got upgraded to a double! That was really nice. Rooms & bathrooms were clean, kitchen a bit small but well equipped. Location was great, 2 min from kings cross station and close to the CBD. Would definitely recommend it.

18th Jun 2017

This was a great first stop in Australia for me. I loved the area and the people I met in the hostel. However, the wifi was extremely annoying, especially since I need to work while I travel.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

Great hostel! The guests and the staff are amazing :) It's like a big family I have been travelling all around Australia and I can say it! It is not normal for a hostel to have this amazing atmosphere

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2017
5.4

If you're looking to use Wi-Fi that actually works do not come here. Some of the staff members will either take a liking or disliking to you based on who you talk to or how long you've stayed, the hostel has an increrbibley cliquey atmosphere as some people have mentioned before so I wouldn't recommend for solo travellers. The hostel also has a big cockroach problem. Facilities are okay but nothing special...

• Canada, Male, 31-40
28th May 2017
4.6

The common area is really dirty. The room we had was completely disgusting (smelled like the floor of a bar at 3AM) Bed was clean. Toilets and showers a bit of a joke. Backpack lockers in the room couldn't lock due to broken lock levers

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th May 2017

Great place! We got upgraded for free, staff was extremely friendly! Only thing we didn't know is that you can't check in until 2:00pm but other then that it was kept clean and friendly!

29th Apr 2017
7.4

Nice facilities however, there were a lot of long term guests that made for a very clicky atmosphere.