The Funk House

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
31st Mar 2017
5.4

Location wasn't too bad & the staff were very friendly. However, cockroaches were a problem. Particularly if you're unlucky enough to stay in the rooms directly above the kitchen - crawling on the bed & bed frames. After spending a night sat in the stairwell & common room, we were upgraded to a private room down the corridor, where we only (!) saw baby cockroaches, not nearly as gross. We realise cockroaches are unavoidable, but I've never seen as many in a dorm room as here & I've been to Asia.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
21st Mar 2017

Loved it here very friendly staff and guests, great social tv room and rooftop area. Rooms tidy with your own storage locker. Things to get involved in every night. Kitchen a bit on the small side for the number of people but always clean and well equipped :) would definitely stay again!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
10th Mar 2017
4.3

When arrived the staff were quite rude and wouldn't let us in our room we had partly pre paid for, it took two phone calls to a manager to sort our situation. We had just arrived from a three hour flight and were tired from travel and I was very disappointed with the way they handled our accommodation and stuff. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone travelling. Bathroom and facilities weren't great and it smelt really bad.

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2017
5.7

This hostel is not clean, the kitchen and bathrooms are particularly dirty. The kitchen is too small for the number of guests, was constantly filthy and I regularly saw cockroaches in there. The toilets/ showers are grimey + the showers do not have a door only a curtain. It appeared the majority of guests (around 90% from what I could see) were long terms guests which made for a strange/ unfriendly atmosphere. Overall not an enjoyable stay and one of the worst hostels in oz for me personally.

• USA, Male, 31-40
3rd Mar 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Everyone I met here were all fantastic people. It seems like a very party lifestyle type of atmosphere and it nails that. The location is wonderful to be right in the heart of kings cross. Next time I'm in Sydney I'll absolutely come back.

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
1st Mar 2017
5.1

Wifi too slow. Toilets are not that clean. Most probably it's because of the patrons there. Fire alarm rang twice which I started to think there's something wrong with the smoke detactor. Kitchen was not maintained well.

23rd Feb 2017

Great place with helpful, happy staff. The only thing tht you need to change is the location..........I live inthe UK & it will take me AGES to go there again!!!! LOL G Adams

19th Feb 2017
6.0

Yeah whatever. Big old place with your usual mix of clichy people and some genuines. Smelly dirty old place. If you're into it, go for it.

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
7.4

Great location right by the kings cross station lots of things to do in the area but nothing really affordable , dorms are hot! Like really really extremely hot and only one small fan for 4 people to share a ceiling fan would have been much better Bathrooms were clean , kitchen was little grimey looking and seems like all the long term people just kinda take over that area Rooftop is nice gives a nice escape from the hot dorms all in all would stay here again not terrible for the price

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Feb 2017
7.7

Hostel is easy to access and sydney harbour is only a half hour walk. Free breakfast and wifi was definitely a selling point. Easy to make friends there!