The Funky Chicken Hostel Reviews

Str. Gen. Berthelot 63, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Small cosy hostel in quite neighbourhood.

Very average in all respects but cheap as hell, thus a good option for a short stay.

Really enjoy stayed at the hostel. It is very close to the Gara du Nord train station and the hostel staff was very kind with me. Very good relation quality/price.

During our stay, there were few other backpackers staying at this hostel. Instead, there were lots of Romanian men of 30-40 years old, who took over the kitchen, living room and garden. We had nowhere to sit and didn't want to join them, as they kept catcalling the girl in our group. There were no locks on the men's toilets or showers. Because our room was opposite the bathroom and ventilation was very poor, our room was hot and clammy. The laundry service the hostel provides is good, though.

Good location for everywhere, city center, train station, for all touristic needs. Very helpfull good staff. Hostel is clean and light.I recommend it!

I don't know from where the name was picked up but...I guess the staff built up the caracter that hostel has. Concerning the location for me it was perfect because everything was walkable it was strategically well positionned according to the old city where u can club, eat and the monuments, parcs, shops and the main station "Gara du Nord" (for airport connections) were in less than 10min. Maybe the weaknesses are the noisy beds, the thin walls but for the price who can complain (4eur per night)

Hostel with very friendly ladies who are working there. They were willing to help us with everything during our stay. It´s a great value for money, nice place, friendly atmosphere. Perfect. Thank you. Regards from Slovakia :)

• 11th May 2013
  • Slovakia

Very nice hostel ... to go here it's like a family ... personnel excellent !!! ... but i have never found this Funky Chicken ... pe curând ...

very clean and functional hostel..central location, close to everywhere. possible to walk to antplace..nice helpful staff..I felt myself in my home..I hope I will stay again in this hostel..thanks for Miki, Andrea, Anna..

Funky Chicken Hostel was a great little hostel, chilled out atmosphere in a good location and friendly staff to boot.

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Wales

The hostel is not really close to anywhere. It's a good walk from the train station, to the subway and bus stops, and to the city's attractions. The area has several abandoned buildings and seems a little unsafe during the night. The rooms were clean, and the bathrooms were ok. The shower was only lukewarm. Overall, I don't think it's a good cost/benefit. I would not stay there again.

We are located in the center of the city. From the hostel to Gara de Nord, it takes only 10 minutes walking, the Old Town is about 15minutes from us....And the neighborhood is really safe...the Police is just across the street.....

Very close to "Irish pub" , good price , nice staff

The Funky Chicken rocks! Mihaela and Andrea are really friendly, and the old lady is super! Excellent value for money, in a quiet location, and with everything that you need. Nice kitchen, comfy beds, fast wi-fi, clean baths, free cigars to get by if you don't feel like going out to buy some at 3 a.m. ...

• 12th Nov 2012
  • Spain

Not a great hostel. Better around for the same price. No atmosphere, showers not hot (although as soon as I complained they started fixing them), just not a great stay. It is cheap though! Free cigarettes have no filters

nice place and friendly staff, near city, I hope to be again, there!

• 26th Oct 2012
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 25-30

kitchen was small and in two parts, they only had wifi, no way to access the internet from the hostel. The beds were fairly good but the lockers were really small so you couldnt fit too much in them. The shower and bathrooms were really good though, overall a pretty good stay. The staff were really helpful too.

nice location and good value for the money

Nice place with help full staff. The place is not extraordinary but it has everything it needs. It's clean, and the wifi works.

Very clean, very friendly hostel. It feels more like you are staying in someone's home than a hostel. Quiet and safe place to sleep and keep your stuff. A bit confusing on how to find so I would confirm address directly with hostel before coming, but worth the stay. Nice neighborhood...

The 3 girls working in the hostel are really kind and helpful, rarely Imhave been so satisfied. The hostel is really good, they provide also lockers and free towels. The mattress could be better. Definitety recommended especially if you book a bed for just 6 euro in the 10 bed room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7