The Funky Chicken Hostel Reviews

Str. Gen. Berthelot 63, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Nice hostel, with a warm bedroom. You have to walk for 35 mins to arrive in the city center. Lovely staffs.

We're very reluctant to allow us to store our luggage while we travelled the city

A great stay at here. Staff are super friendly. It's close to the train station and all the sights of Bucharest. Had a great time thanks !

flexible staff and wasn't noisy at all while i was there. good place for a short stay.

The hostel is just fine! Not something extraordinary, but everybody is friendly there and the atmosphere very uncomplicated. The staffmembers are very helpful and friendly, too. You can just pay cash there in Euro or Lei. The price is fine for what you get. I would go there again, so I can recommend the Funky Chicken Hostel!

• 8th Oct 2014

The atmosphere in this hostel was flat , quite crippling actually . People seemed quite lost here ,their were no backpackers when I was there , only old guys bumping into each other walking on eggshells to not have a conversation, staring at Romanian TV in a trance not understanding a word .It is a cute looking hostel , great price and convenient location ,staff are polite but no so helpful , they need to engage with guests , have dinner nights etc free coffee and tea and throw out those TVs .

excellent hostel in the city center,very cheap,clean,very nice,friendly and flexible staff.I recommend this hostel to any traveler in Bucharest.

• 26th Sep 2014

My friend and I arrived in Bucharest by train, and we took a bus to the hostel. The city was rather English-unfriendly, so I would suggest travellers to do thorough research on directions (bus numbers, where to take the bus from etc.). The male toilet was not located at the ground floor, but I guess one could get used to that. Unfortunately, we had to pay to deposit our luggage at the hostel. We found it a bit unreasonable, given that most hostels provide that service free-of-charge.

Nice and cheap hostel, friendly staff

This hostel has a very good atmosphere, I recommend it if you want to avoid the traditional 'party hostels'.

Pretty easy to get to, from Gard du nord. Almost central location and links to the main roads, buses and metros make old town and the other sectos easily accessible. However, it is also easy to walk to other sectors from here. It's the cheapest hostels in Bucharest, so pretty basic facilities, however lovely and helpful staff are on hand to guide you to places around.

This was a nice hostel all in all. The staff was nice, and didn't complain about the fact that I slept here only one night instead of the two that I had booked. The atmosphere was ok; I met some ppl from all over the world here :) They have lockers there, so security was not a problem. I don't have anything negative to say about this place really. ^^

small & cheap hostel just 15min walking from the train station and Piata Romana (airport night bus).

Finding hostel at first is a bit tricky, but after you find it, easy to go to city center. It has clean showers and nice staff.

good location & reasonable price

Nice people work here. The hostel was good.

Good hostel and excellent value for money. If you are looking for a nice, quiet and clean place to stay, this is your place. The staff is great, very pleasant and helpful. Facilites are good too (kitchen, common room, small yard with a table outside). Don't expect something very modern though. The hostel is located in a small typical house close to the city center of Bucharest. If you are looking for a party hostel, this is not the place but definitely a nice one for a good night rest and sleep.

I only stayed here one night. The neighborhood is alright. There are convenience stores and restaurants no more than a 5 minute walk away. The people's palace was a short 20 minute walk and there is a large park on the way that you can walk through. I stayed in the 6 bed mixed dorm. Everyone was friendly. The kitchen and common areas were nice. It is a quiet place, but I enjoyed it.

Its a nice and quite Hostel. So if you want to discover the city and have a nice conversation in the evening it is the right place. For Party tourists I would recommend another place.

• 24th Apr 2014

I already gave my opinion, everything good, tahnks again people from STAFF.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7