8.8
Fabulous 115 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 115 Total Reviews
The Funky Dodo Backpackers Hostel Located at Hopkins Village, , Hopkins.
Belize
Hopkins Stann Creek Hopkins Village
88% 115
16.8588035 -88.2831072
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Dec 2016

Cool place to stay in a quiet village by the beach. Comfy beds and the burger van out front is great! Had 1 issue of getting woken up by a cucaracha crawling on my chest in the early hours but it's rural and you'd expect bugs in these kinds of places, it meant I woke up early enough to catch the 7am bus though so bonus!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
11th Nov 2016

We stayed before and after visiting Glovers Atoll for a week. Their fridge had loads of space for all the food we had to buy. We found the owners v helpful and friendly. Showers are fine - basic but do the job. Rooms were clean and enough space for our stuff. Good social area and a book that past visitors can write in with tips for further travel from here.

6th Nov 2016

We didn't want to leave! We loved our stay at the Funky Dodo. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the upstairs bar added a great social flare, and Anna the host really made us feel like we were right at home!

27th Sep 2016

It was the easiest rate i could ever do for a hostel. The owners, Anna and Roy, are just the best people, they make the entire environment feel like home and always ready to help and give you all the important tips and information. It was so cozy that I hardly went to the beach just to chill out there. The hostel is super clean, very well located, close to the grocery shops, markets, the buses stops and just a few steps from the beach. I definitely recommend a stay there.

15th Sep 2016

Fantastic environment, great location and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Always stay here.

• England, Female, 31-40
1st Sep 2016

Hopkins is super chilled and I really liked this hostel! I had to leave earlier then I wanted to do I could catch a ferry but I would definitely recommend checking this place out! The thing that stood out the most for me was how friendly and helpful the owner was!!

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
6th Aug 2016

The dorm room can get super warm, but when we were there each bed got its own fan which was necessary for a good night sleep. Make sure you don't miss the happy hour and the amazing pizzadillas!!! Roy and Anna have all the tips for the best food around the town too!

20th Jul 2016

I really enjoyed my time here. A nice social space, beautiful grounds, dorms are sufficient, good facilities, and 20 seconds from the gorgeous beach. Hopkins is slow, but I ended up staying a few extra days here for the people and the beach. The owners are great, very relaxed but not careless, a really good balance in running a hostel and cultivating a great atmosphere.

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Jul 2016
4.0

The room.we were out in was a private double, as booked, however it was tiny, super hot with just one fan and the door shut and locked but was so wonky there was a huge gap in the door frame and we were eaten by mosquitos. The staff were ok, happy to help but personally I didn't like the vibe there. We booked two nights but only stayed one. I would not stay here again.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
13th Jun 2016
8.0

A nice place in Hopkins. Easy to get around town. Room was comfortable. Showers had no hot water. But it's hot in Belize so not the worst thing. Nice upstairs bar. Drinks a good price considering can't bring in your own. Staff really helpful and really friendly. Good choice for the area and price