The Funky Dodo Backpackers Hostel

Superb 132 Total Reviews
Superb 132 Total Reviews

15th Feb 2017

Great place, in a lovely beach environment. Easy access, lots of information. Anna and Roy are working really hard to make this a wonderful spot to waste time. I hope to return soon.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017
7.7

Stayed for two nights and found the hosts/owners very helpful when booking onto trips and info on the buses. They do have a roof top bar and do yummy pizza dilla's if you want to stay in the hostel. Mixed door room is rustic, not the most comfy mattresses but for a few days is fine. Lots of mossies in the area so deet up before bed! Only cash machine is a belize bank that does not accept British cards (HSBC) so be sure to take enough $. Felt safe walking around as a female solo traveller

• Israel, Female, 31-40
31st Dec 2016

I loved Hopkins and I loved the Funky Dodo. Anna and Roy, the owners, are amazing! They are in the hostel all the time, helping out and doing everything so you'll have what you need. The kitchen is great - big, open, clean and that's a great place to meet friends.

15th Dec 2016

Good hostel in tiny Hopkins. Nice private "shacks" with high ceilings. WiFi problematic when I was there but that was an issue all over the village. Nice bar but was pretty dead when I was there.

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Dec 2016

Cool place to stay in a quiet village by the beach. Comfy beds and the burger van out front is great! Had 1 issue of getting woken up by a cucaracha crawling on my chest in the early hours but it's rural and you'd expect bugs in these kinds of places, it meant I woke up early enough to catch the 7am bus though so bonus!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
11th Nov 2016

We stayed before and after visiting Glovers Atoll for a week. Their fridge had loads of space for all the food we had to buy. We found the owners v helpful and friendly. Showers are fine - basic but do the job. Rooms were clean and enough space for our stuff. Good social area and a book that past visitors can write in with tips for further travel from here.

6th Nov 2016

We didn't want to leave! We loved our stay at the Funky Dodo. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the upstairs bar added a great social flare, and Anna the host really made us feel like we were right at home!

27th Sep 2016

It was the easiest rate i could ever do for a hostel. The owners, Anna and Roy, are just the best people, they make the entire environment feel like home and always ready to help and give you all the important tips and information. It was so cozy that I hardly went to the beach just to chill out there. The hostel is super clean, very well located, close to the grocery shops, markets, the buses stops and just a few steps from the beach. I definitely recommend a stay there.

15th Sep 2016

Fantastic environment, great location and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Always stay here.

• England, Female, 31-40
1st Sep 2016

Hopkins is super chilled and I really liked this hostel! I had to leave earlier then I wanted to do I could catch a ferry but I would definitely recommend checking this place out! The thing that stood out the most for me was how friendly and helpful the owner was!!