7.6
Very Good 104 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 104 Total Reviews
The Funky Dodo Backpackers Hostel Located at Hopkins Village, , Hopkins.
Belize
Hopkins Stann Creek Hopkins Village
76% 104
16.8588035 -88.2831072
    Rooms available

20th Jul 2016

I really enjoyed my time here. A nice social space, beautiful grounds, dorms are sufficient, good facilities, and 20 seconds from the gorgeous beach. Hopkins is slow, but I ended up staying a few extra days here for the people and the beach. The owners are great, very relaxed but not careless, a really good balance in running a hostel and cultivating a great atmosphere.

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Jul 2016
4.0

The room.we were out in was a private double, as booked, however it was tiny, super hot with just one fan and the door shut and locked but was so wonky there was a huge gap in the door frame and we were eaten by mosquitos. The staff were ok, happy to help but personally I didn't like the vibe there. We booked two nights but only stayed one. I would not stay here again.

29th May 2016
5.1

Would never stay here again!!! The female owner, Anna was extremely rude, and unfortunately always in the way. She stifle conversation between fellow travelers, and was very 'clickie.' The facility was what you expect, although it would only take a little work to make things better (there was a bucket with tools sitting in the commons area, but never saw anything used). And they still don't (and probably have no plans) to take any Credit Cards, despite my reservation being made with one.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016

Convenient location, loved the close access to the beach. Lots of awesome restaurants and shops within walking distance. Fun vibe and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016
4.0

The bathrooms are outside so if you need to go to the restroom during the night you have to walk outside. The storage lockers are wooden secured with a key lock but anybody could cut the wood around the lock and break in. The private room had a bunk bed that looked like it was in a shed. I canceled my stay as soon as I toured the place. It is in a good location and the treetop bar has happy hour from 4-8pm and drinks are buy one get one free which is a great deal.

17th Apr 2016
4.6

DO NOT STAY HERE. First of all, there is absolutely nothing to do in this town which ( despite all claims) is unsafe even in the day time. Second, the hostel is completely different than it is portrayed online. My friend & I stayed in a hot, wood shed that was no bigger than a closet. It was so bad that within 20 minutes we decided we were going to make other plans for the rest of the week (we had plans to stay there for four more nights) .& the customer service was horrible ( from the owner).

8th Apr 2016
8.0

I loved Hopkins and the wonderful new owner but she has a good amount of work ahead of her! The bugs here were the only downside. I was completely attacked buy mosquitos and sand flies in this hostel! Otherwise wonderful location and fantastic staff!!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2016
6.0

I wouldn't say don't stay here, just don't stay here long. Lots of showers, decent pressure, cold water only. The hostel is surrounded by fence so the air doesn't move making it hot and full of bugs. Some beds where extremely uncomfortable and some not so bad. The owner is very helpful and location is good. Kitchen is slightly in disrepair but has everything you need to cook dinner and I'm happy they had two fridges. My advise is book a private room, or don't book a room.

4th Mar 2016

Enjoyed staying at this laid back hostel nicely located yards from the beach. Nice private room but mattress a little uncomfortable. Bar upstairs good value and fun. Owner gave us good advice and helped organise a fun trip to lagoon. Definitely recommend.

• edwinvanmaanen512
  • Netherlands, Male, 25-30
18th Feb 2016

I had a great stay with my girlfriend in the Dodo. The location was great. The new owner Anna is lovely and helpful and on a mission to make this place even better!