The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Well located, close to everything. The hostel is nice and has a nice garden outside perfect to just chill. no wifi in the upstairs bedroom whic was a bit of a bummer. Aside from that it did the job. The city is gorgeous and the staff is really helpful!

The Garden was really cool. Super cute hostel with delicious sangria (and all you can drink for an hour for free!) and decently large rooms for the 12 person dorm. The location was great, really close to some awesome tapas restaurants and the staff was super helpful. Not a huge party hostel but if you want a nice chill out environment this place is for you!

Dinners made by shania (hope I spelt it write) were amazing. Fully homemade and vegetarian and free sangria every night is great!! Staff are really helpful and most places are within walking distance. Nice atmosphere in the garden although I had 70 year old roommates and they were cold at night so I couldn't even put the fan on and it was so hot in the room - just annoying more than anything! Facilities are good.. Shower could do with a makeover but fine otherwise. Would stay here again!

I stayed in this hostel while looking for a flat. It's an awesome start to discover the city with their differents activities. Not less than 2 different Free tours a day, in the morning and afternoon, by Felipe and Medhi (I recommend both). The dinner are AMAZING. I never paid any dinner in a hostel, but those one... Hell yeah they are worth your money. Big quantities and wonderful taste. The common area is nice = a roof toop with hammacs. The staff is really helpfull ! You'll feel at home :)

Awesome reception, Anne-Sophie is smiling and charming. She gives advises and helps us when she can. Hostel is also very well located, right in the center, kitchen is great and diner can be ordered there though we did not have a chance to try it. Not many people because end of vacations but we met interesting travelers though and had a great time!

Awesome hostel, wonderful staff who are really friendly and around all the time. They're very helpful and even lent us brollies because it rained one day! They have amazing home cooked food every night which you have for a very cheap price. Nice cheap drinks at the bar, and an hour of free sangria! Beautiful outdoor garden area, and place feels very secure.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Easy access from city bus to and from rail station. Near shopping and the hop on hop off bus also. Staff was both friendly and helpful.

Overall, my stay was great! The staff was friendly and helpful. My dorm was right next to the door, so it could get a little noisy, but earplugs solved that quickly! Go on the free walking tour with Mehdi! He's so informative and gets very into it!

The staff at the garden are fabulous! Thank you Sophie! The garden has a great vibe, lots going on and it's really good for socialising. The rooms were comfortable and the kitchen is very well equipt. Had a great stay!

Garden Backpacker is the first hostel I've ever stayed in and it was the best experience. Being the first time I ever traveled on my own, I wasn't sure what to expect from staying in hostels. Garden backpacker has everything you need, the hosts were so friendly, they helped me plan my next hostels and gave me all the information I needed regarding trains which was so helpful since I was on my own! FREE SANGRIA & PUB CRAWLS!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I loved this place! I was not planning on staying in sevilla for long, but I just enjoyed this hostel with its great atmosphere and life, so I stayed :-)

Very friendly staff and makes you feel like a family. I booked the hostel twice during my trip. Great memories here.

I had a nice stay here. The staff greeted me well with smiles, and had my name written on a board. However, there were other staff members that seemed to always be deeply in conversation, which is off putting and makes them seem unapproachable when I had questions or concerns. They have a good patio, free sangria, and I had their Mexican dinner, which was nice for a good price. Easy to socialize, but without the drunken rowdiness. Not enough outlets for all beds though.

Friendly staff, good opportunities provided to mingle with others.

Dinner was great, we loved it and we crave it!

This is a really friendly hostel (although the downside is it can be a bit noisy at night if you're trying to sleep...) in a great location.

Nice girls on reception. One of them has a great taste in music! Nice how they write your name on the board for when you arrive and bother to try remember your name. Lockers are the smallest I've seen , which means you have to leave your bag out and only your valuables go in the safe. The bar crawl with Phillipo was pretty bad, and he was fairly creepy and slimey with the girls. The meal and free sangria every night is good! Well worth the money. Nice hammocks on the roof. Overall really good.

Filippo is really really lovely and made the pub crawl awesome!!! :D

Booked in for 2 nights, and ended up stayed for 4 is a great was to show how great the place was Was such a great atmosphere, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The dinners every night for ~€5 were a great addition, made it easy and convenient to have healthly food.

One of the friendliest hostels we've been to! Awesome idea to have free sangria hour which brings everyone from the hostel together.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7