The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Great staff always happy to help in any way they can. Great tips for getting around and what to see and eat . Walking tour I have heard great things about and the hostel itself is great . Upstairs is great and the garden is lovely.

The vibe of the hostel was really laid back. Very cute and pretty with the courtyard and terrace. Really lovely people and staff were so helpful and nice.

Great place to stay. Staff are friendly and easy to meet people, especially with the free sangria. Highlight was the free walking tour with Medi, the Moroccan guy who should have been a comedian. He made the city's history come alive, and was a good orientation for the rest of the stay at Seville.

Overall we loved the atmosphere here. However our room was on the first floor, right between the reception and the common areas, so it was loud all night with people walking around and socializing right outside our room. Wish there were more bathrooms but it was only a problem in the morning when people were showering. A few times we came back to our room and found the door wide open after cleaning...A little concerning since it was in such a public area that everyone walked past all day.

For the short stay, I have no complaints. We were given the wrong keys and ended up going to the room to switch the keys match, unfortunately in doing so I did not have a locker, but the staff were great and helped provide a secure place to put my stuff. Big thanks for that. It was nice having someone to answer my questions and concerns right away especially when we would be arriving so late.

The best place for solo traveller to meet people. Love the free walking tour with “Medi”, this tour guide is amazing (u will know once u join the tour) located location is great !

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Rooms were a good size and a fair price. Location is great--quiet neighborhood, but lots of good bars and restaurants within walking distance. All major sights are within walking distance. Recommendations from staff for places to eat and things to see were spot on! I loved the free sangria, it made it very easy to meet other people. I also loved the paella night. I wish I could have stayed longer :)

I can't honestly think of anything bad about this place. I met a lot of new people, the free sangria is awesome, the bar is awesome, theres even a vending machine that vends beer wutttt. Its really close to the heart of Seville and all the bars. The roof top was pretty sick too. I would def go back.

• 6th Apr 2015

Nice place to stay. The wifi was rather spotty but it was fine for the most part. Very bright, cheery place. Between the free sangria and the welcoming communal places (that had mediocre wifi access) it was a very sociable hostel which was great because I had gone alone. Overall I'd highly recommend it, especially for the value. Also I went on a great free walking tour through the hostel which I highly recommend as well because it really was great for learning more about the city.

• 5th Apr 2015

this is a great place to stay if you happen to visit the wonderful city of Seville. The hostel is ideally located in the old city and close to most of the tourist spots by walk. The best thing about the hostel is the atmosphere, the garden space really creates a special social atmosphere as most people are likely to hang out in the open (if weather is good) .. But not only that, the hostel staff do make an effort to create that atmosphere by having free sangria in evening and organising events

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • India

The staff at the hostel are great - very friendly and knowledgeable. I also liked the free tea and coffee. Paella was delicious but perhaps a little overpriced for a Backpacker establishment. Really loved the garden area and that there was music to add some atmosphere. My main problems with the hostel is having an incredibly noisy room (Room 3) and the lack of accessible toilets and areas to get ready in the morning.

• 1st Apr 2015

I love this place. 'Be our guest', they make you feel at home. Great staff, especially Valentina, Felippo and the nightshift señor!

Great hostel in a central location. Staff were very friendly and helpful, would definitely stay here again!

• 27th Mar 2015

Great place to stay in Sevilla including a close location to main attractions. Some electricity supply issues in rooms makes an uncomfortable situation because I had to go outside of my room for charging my devices.

Good hostel. Good staff. It was easy to meet many travelers there. There were many single or group travelers. The staffs are very kind and are ready to give you many info. The one thing That i didnt like was all electrocin was off in the bathroom at night one day while I stayed. Except that, I loved staying there!!

I cannot recharge my phone and my external battery at night. Some other travellers in my room are rude and inconsiderate.

We had an awesome stay. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful.

• 24th Mar 2015

We especially loved the free sangria and how it brought all the travelers together in the evening. The paella cooked by the hostel was also pretty good. The hostel was clean and nicely arranged. The terrace also looked very nice for good weather. We would gladly recommend this place.

Clean (especially the kitchen), well located and sociable hostel. I was a solo traveller and it was really easy to meet people. There's free tea & coffee all day and free Sangria in the evening, which is a really nice & useful thing to have. Staff are great and I had an awesome time at Garden Backpacker and definitely recommend it, especially for solo travellers!

I truly felt comfortable here - I have no complaints!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4