The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable. Free sangria! Also, they have an amazing discount of flamenco shows, but you have to ask about them. I missed out because my roommate learned about it from the night shift worker on my last day! Definitely would have been an amazing way to spend the night!

I really appreciated the sangria and paella in the evening- it gave us the chance to meet all the other guests. Super friendly and helpful staff, perfectly decent rooms. Only complaint was that the wifi didn't work very well/

Very good all round, Quite spacious, except some of the dorms. Sophie stood head and shoulders above other reception staff, although the walking tour guide told me there was another, on holiday, in the same bracket, so endorsing my view. She was the only one that greeted customers as we came down for breakfast. and went to lengths to help, always! These litttle things mean a lot, esp to solo travellers - and sort out the wheat from the chaff. Bedside box for key/clock etc would be welcome

Nothing but good things to say about this hostel- really friendly and helpful staff, very clean, close to lots of local bars and walking distance from attractions, free sangria every night is awesome, and the atmosphere is very open and friendly. I met so many awesome people here, definitely an excellent place to stay if you are traveling alone. Will definitely be coming back!

The tour with Mehdi was great!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Excellent.

The staff was super nice and helpful! The guided tour and pub crawl were awesome!

SOFIE (Sophie?), THE RECEPTIONIST FROM 4-12pm WAS LITERALLY THE BEST HUMAN I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE! She and the other lady were extremely helpful and I am genuinely sad I may never get to the chance to go to Sevilla again, because they were AMAZING. The Backpacker was precious and happy from the moment you walked in, and I wanted to stay forever. Loved the camaraderie with other guests. Very clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The tours were WONDERFUL and the guide was hilarious

• 30th Jan 2015
  • American Samoa

Great hostel and environment. Really easy to meeting people with free sangria each evening. They were very good at organizing things and extremely helpful. Only downside was poor internet connections.

• 29th Jan 2015

It is not hard to find the location. The best thing about the location is very near to best local bars. Staffs are very nice to offer advices about traveling, including where to watch a flamenco show (and they also have favorable tickets for watching a show in Museo Flamenco). I was disappointed that they don't offer breakfast or any meal at all. Free Sangria was very nice anyway. But, Wifi signal was terrible in rooms. Very inconvenient to take a shower (no hanging things at all).

Here is a quick review of everything you need to know about this hostel. Staff is charming and very kind. The lockers are big enough for computer, wallet, passport or small backpack but not suitcases. I felt very safe the whole time I was there though so no need. The sangria is homemade and delicious. They serve it free everyday at 7 (in the winter) and it provides a great atmosphere because everyone comes to meet and drink. The kitchen has everything you need. Overall a great stay. I'll be back

• 23rd Jan 2015

Quite a lively place. Good place to meet other travelers. the staff is a great help to figure out how to get around. Biggest complaint is cleanliness. When I first arrived in my room, it had a moldy/wet smell. That tended to come and go during my stay. Another thing is the large amount of ants i found in one of the bathrooms. This was in winter, which should not happen in my book. Also, if you have a few spare hours on one of your days then you should take the city tour with Medi.

For a medium sized hostel it is very good. The time of the year it was quiet but it still had a good atmosphere. Absolutely recommended!

I stayed in Sevilla for 2 weeks at 4 different hostels. I have to say this was my favorite out of the four. The staff was friendly, and the whole hostel just had a certain feeling that I was really into. This was the last hostel I stayed at on my trip otherwise I may have stayed there the whole two weeks. Excellent across the board!

Solo una noche, pero he disfrutado mi breve estancia ahì! Saludos a Federico :)

Great hostel- loved the laid back atmosphere. Room was a little tight for space (stayed in the 6 bed dorm) but who backpacks to stay in the room!? Plus they have a sweet book exchange, did selection, patio

My only regret from staying at this hostel is that we were only there one night. Everything is clean and the rooms aren't cramped. There is a lot of natural light throughout the building and the terrace has hammocks that are amazing on a warm day. We were able to meet several other travelers and Sophie was very kind and helpful with recommendations.

mehdy wazzany was a great tour guide.

• 31st Dec 2014

The Garden Backpacker was one of the highlights of my trip to Sevilla. Rooms are spacious and bright, beds are comfortable, staff is friendly (they welcome with you free Sangria between 7pm to 8pm), and best of all...enough power outlets throughout the place. I didn't have to fight another person to charge my device. The laid back and chilled atmosphere was a plus. I was able to relax, party, drink, and socialize. It didn't have the frat house vibe instead it felt like a home away from home.

• 26th Dec 2014

A great place with great staff and a good vibe

• 26th Dec 2014