The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Best staffs I've met during my travels.

• 22nd May 2015

One of the friendliest hostel staffs I have stayed with. I really sensed that they cared about our time in Sevilla and we're always available to assist us. Overall, super chill and laid back hostel.

You guys have a nice common area with large and friendly facilities! Furthermore, the kitchen was sort of clean and all the equipment were working properly. However, the 4 bedroom room we were staying in was extremely small, no climatization, and not really clean. We had no place to store our luggage except for a small locker for important stuff. Finally the wifi did not work properly and the ambience was not there at all. Altought, the computers available were working extremely well!

• 11th May 2015

A very comfortable hostel with a welcoming and homely atmosphere. Staff were extremely helpful. Rooms and facilities were clean and secure. Great place to meet fellow travellers.

Best hostel I've stayed at in Spain. Awesome garden area, great for meeting people. The staff are great and play the best music.

By far the best hostel I've stayed at so far! staff were incredibly helpful and kind, make sure you do the walking tour with Medi!

Great staff always happy to help in any way they can. Great tips for getting around and what to see and eat . Walking tour I have heard great things about and the hostel itself is great . Upstairs is great and the garden is lovely.

The vibe of the hostel was really laid back. Very cute and pretty with the courtyard and terrace. Really lovely people and staff were so helpful and nice.

PROS: The staff was great and had awesome suggestions for my short stay. The hostel had a bar downstairs, upstairs pool, and livingroom area. Easy to socialize. CONS: The women's showers on my floor weren't working at the time, so I had to shower in the men's restroom, also, there's only one restroom for each gender on each floor and only a couple of showers so there was always a wait to get in and do your business. Poor wifi connection.

Great place to stay. Staff are friendly and easy to meet people, especially with the free sangria. Highlight was the free walking tour with Medi, the Moroccan guy who should have been a comedian. He made the city's history come alive, and was a good orientation for the rest of the stay at Seville.

This felt like a giant house with all my friends. If you want a cool experience with nice people and a chance to meet people.. stay here. There is a rooftop terrace as well which you can tan on. The kitchen is nice and everyone is always cooking. The garden has sangria hour which is prime social hour. Also the hostel world people take you on a pub crawl. PERFECT PLACE IF YOU ARE SOLO

Overall we loved the atmosphere here. However our room was on the first floor, right between the reception and the common areas, so it was loud all night with people walking around and socializing right outside our room. Wish there were more bathrooms but it was only a problem in the morning when people were showering. A few times we came back to our room and found the door wide open after cleaning...A little concerning since it was in such a public area that everyone walked past all day.

For the short stay, I have no complaints. We were given the wrong keys and ended up going to the room to switch the keys match, unfortunately in doing so I did not have a locker, but the staff were great and helped provide a secure place to put my stuff. Big thanks for that. It was nice having someone to answer my questions and concerns right away especially when we would be arriving so late.

The best place for solo traveller to meet people. Love the free walking tour with “Medi”, this tour guide is amazing (u will know once u join the tour) located location is great !

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Rooms were a good size and a fair price. Location is great--quiet neighborhood, but lots of good bars and restaurants within walking distance. All major sights are within walking distance. Recommendations from staff for places to eat and things to see were spot on! I loved the free sangria, it made it very easy to meet other people. I also loved the paella night. I wish I could have stayed longer :)

I can't honestly think of anything bad about this place. I met a lot of new people, the free sangria is awesome, the bar is awesome, theres even a vending machine that vends beer wutttt. Its really close to the heart of Seville and all the bars. The roof top was pretty sick too. I would def go back.

• 6th Apr 2015

Nice place to stay. The wifi was rather spotty but it was fine for the most part. Very bright, cheery place. Between the free sangria and the welcoming communal places (that had mediocre wifi access) it was a very sociable hostel which was great because I had gone alone. Overall I'd highly recommend it, especially for the value. Also I went on a great free walking tour through the hostel which I highly recommend as well because it really was great for learning more about the city.

• 5th Apr 2015

This is my favorite hostel of all the ones I have stayed at so far. Free sangria was a perfect start to every night, regardless of what the plans were for later. The staff were friendly and helpful in giving directions and suggestions. There is lots of space to sit inside or outside. Filippo is great as both a walking tour guide and a bartender. The only downside was that my bed squeaked a lot, but that didn't cause any problems for me.

this is a great place to stay if you happen to visit the wonderful city of Seville. The hostel is ideally located in the old city and close to most of the tourist spots by walk. The best thing about the hostel is the atmosphere, the garden space really creates a special social atmosphere as most people are likely to hang out in the open (if weather is good) .. But not only that, the hostel staff do make an effort to create that atmosphere by having free sangria in evening and organising events

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • India

The staff at the hostel are great - very friendly and knowledgeable. I also liked the free tea and coffee. Paella was delicious but perhaps a little overpriced for a Backpacker establishment. Really loved the garden area and that there was music to add some atmosphere. My main problems with the hostel is having an incredibly noisy room (Room 3) and the lack of accessible toilets and areas to get ready in the morning.

• 1st Apr 2015