The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

I met great people here and got great help from the staff on things to do. Sangria night is a must and the breakfasts are amazing. The bar is cheap and the place is clean. Dorm rooms are pretty small, but typical for city hostels. I would stay again.

Great stay at the Garden backpackers. Super hostel and super staff. I enjoyed the free sangria!

Great hostel with amazing staff! The common area is perfect with lots of chances to meet people! Loved the free sangria and dinners! Would definitely recommend!!

Very easy to make new friends over the fantastic and cheap home cooked dinner and free sangria hour. Would definitely return when I'm next in Seville.

Difficult to find. In a decent location. Staff is great! They try to get guests involved in activities like pub crawls, homemade dinners, free sangria, etc. This hostel is setup in a way to easily meet people. I made great friends. This is a place for solo travelers.

Decent location. The lockers were really small and I couldn't fit my bag, which wasn't even a full backpackers backpack size. Most people couldn't lock their belongings in the lockers. I was able to lock up the valuable items, but most places allow you to lock up your whole bag.

We had a really nice stay in Sevilla. Nice, clean hostel, friendly atmosphere, free sangria and good location

• 1st Oct 2014

The Wi-Fi didn't work in my room nor the garden, but the hostel had that fixed by the end of my stay. Great walking tours by Phillipo.

This is probably the best hostel I've stayed at in my time traveling!! The facilities were nice and very clean; the staff was friendly and super helpful; the organised tour with Felipe was an amazing snapshot of the city; there was free sangria every night, really cheap cocktails past 9pm, and delicious home made food for 5 euros. Amazingly sociable atmosphere. If you're traveling by yourself, I'd definitely recommend this place as you'll make tons of new friends :)

The best thing about this hostel was that it was easy to meet other travelers! (Free sangria nights helps ;) And it was easy to find from the Santa Justa Station. Otherwise, it could use some maintenance and cleaning. The kitchen area had drawers falling of hinges and the fridge was a bit stinky. The bathrooms needed mildew removed etc. But if that stuff doesn't matter, you'll meet great people and have fun in Sevilla!

Very very good hostel. Would stay again. Must do is the walking tour with Medi, he is by far one of the best guides I've ever had and a great laugh. Dinners are delicious and well worth signing up for!

Well located, close to everything. The hostel is nice and has a nice garden outside perfect to just chill. no wifi in the upstairs bedroom whic was a bit of a bummer. Aside from that it did the job. The city is gorgeous and the staff is really helpful!

The Garden was really cool. Super cute hostel with delicious sangria (and all you can drink for an hour for free!) and decently large rooms for the 12 person dorm. The location was great, really close to some awesome tapas restaurants and the staff was super helpful. Not a huge party hostel but if you want a nice chill out environment this place is for you!

Dinners made by shania (hope I spelt it write) were amazing. Fully homemade and vegetarian and free sangria every night is great!! Staff are really helpful and most places are within walking distance. Nice atmosphere in the garden although I had 70 year old roommates and they were cold at night so I couldn't even put the fan on and it was so hot in the room - just annoying more than anything! Facilities are good.. Shower could do with a makeover but fine otherwise. Would stay here again!

I stayed in this hostel while looking for a flat. It's an awesome start to discover the city with their differents activities. Not less than 2 different Free tours a day, in the morning and afternoon, by Felipe and Medhi (I recommend both). The dinner are AMAZING. I never paid any dinner in a hostel, but those one... Hell yeah they are worth your money. Big quantities and wonderful taste. The common area is nice = a roof toop with hammacs. The staff is really helpfull ! You'll feel at home :)

Awesome reception, Anne-Sophie is smiling and charming. She gives advises and helps us when she can. Hostel is also very well located, right in the center, kitchen is great and diner can be ordered there though we did not have a chance to try it. Not many people because end of vacations but we met interesting travelers though and had a great time!

The BEST hostel I have been to, and I wish I'd stayed a bit longer. The rooms were spacious and clean with lockers and the cheap dinners/free sangria created such a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. I was travelling alone and I'm not very outgoing, so the dinner/sangria night were perfect for me to meet other travellers in a chill, easy-going atmosphere. The staff were INCREDIBLY helpful-calling in favors to get me into a flamenco show, making sure I would find my next hostel in another city, etc.

It was a good experience.I definitely recommend taking the free walking tour that leave each day.The tour made us fall in love with Seville(which was a bit difficult to do on our own).I also would recommend eating the meals that they provide for a fair price -they were absolutely delicious and a great way to meet people.The free sangria each night was lovely.Very helpful staff and deals for around the city.The bathrooms are okay & the rooms were nothing special but overall a good atmosphere!

Awesome hostel, wonderful staff who are really friendly and around all the time. They're very helpful and even lent us brollies because it rained one day! They have amazing home cooked food every night which you have for a very cheap price. Nice cheap drinks at the bar, and an hour of free sangria! Beautiful outdoor garden area, and place feels very secure.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Easy access from city bus to and from rail station. Near shopping and the hop on hop off bus also. Staff was both friendly and helpful.