The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Andalucia, Spain

This hostel was the absolute BEST part of my stay in Seville! Wonderful staff, friendly guests, clean rooms... what more could you ask for? The free paella and sangria created such a fun atmosphere. Every night, it was great to be able to meet all the other guests over a steaming plate of the best paella I've ever tasted, as well as countless glasses of sangria. An overall amazing experience! I will definitely be coming back here someday.

• 21st Feb 2014

I really appreciated that the staff (Sophie especially) was so good with helping me and my guest! We are both vegetarians and she knew exactly the bars that would be good for us! She helped us navigate the city and gave us plenty of ideas anddd marked them on the map. I also really liked the giant lockers. I assumed I'd be carrying my backpack all weekend- it was a nice surprise to not have to!

Super-duper hostel! Everyone is right to rave about the free sangria, and the meals are lovely too. Definitely a 'party hostel' so if you were planning on an early night then suck it up and join in the fun instead! Awesome facilities (washing machine and loads of free tours) and helpful staff. Prepare to make some new friends. X

If you didn't stay here while in Sevilla, you made a mistake! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the other guests were lovely, everything was very clean, and the roof top patio, garden, and free sangria.. well what can I say. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

I highly recommend this hostel, everything is awesome! Very friendly and helpfull staff, every night dinner (good price) and free sangria!! Good location as well! You should def join the free walking tour (daily, they pick you up at 10:40 at this hostel)!!! I joined around 10 tours in europe so far but our tourguide Medi was by far the best and funny guide!!!

Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was fun and conducive to making friends (I traveled alone). The free tours by Filipo and Medi were magnificent. Medi was especially passionate about the tour and made it very interesting.

Awesome hostel, no complaints. Sophie at reception was super nice and helpful! The evening walking tour was interesting and the guide was great but it was much too long. Would definitely stay again!!

Lovely atmosphere, feels like a big family....free sangria hour is amazing I'll be back soon familia!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Spain

This is my third time staying in this Hostel and as always , I stayed for 4 nights and the feeling that i always end up with is that I could feel like home again. Thanks to Lola , Claudia , Sofia and Federico for being such a great staff. I am always delighted after my trip.

Great Hostel, Staff were lovely and helpful. Free sangria !!! Free walking tours. Definitely recommend it!

• 12th Feb 2014

I loved staying in the garden backpacker , such a good staff and atmosphere

nice place with an awesome garden. everything clean, good kitchen and walking distance from everything really. best part of the stay was hanging out with sophie. nicest person ever!

100% good vibes! Love u guys!

• 5th Feb 2014

Location is very good, close to the Metrosol or "Mushroom" like spanish call it and 8 minutes far from city centre. Staff is very friendly and always ready to help you! Negative thing: there are just three toilets for ten rooms but they're enough clean. If I go to Sevilla again I'll come back to "The Garden" .

Thank you for your review Erika but we have actually 4 toilets not 3 for 9 rooms and our 10 bed mixed dorm has a private one.

Apart from the heavy door a fantastic hostel. The staff are all delightful, especially sophie that works on the weekends. free sangria and lovely friendly atmosphere.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Wales

I recommend it! First, the staff was really helpful and friendly, specially the girl during the day. The atmosphere really good and the dorms and bathrooms were very clean. I also recommend the free walking tour! Only downer: no breakfast included. But they have vending machines and free coffee and tea all day.

I liked it so much. Very nice stuff, very confortable. Thanks a lot !!!!

Great hostel. Kinda loud if you are on the first floor. I would recommend staying in the 10 bed dorm instead of the 8 to ensure that you will be upstairs and then you have a bathroom in the dorm room as well. Highly recommend. I added one nights to my stay.

Nice place. Free sangria everyday. Free walking tours. Cleaned bathrooms. You can have dinner for a low price.

Love it! delicious dinners everynight and free sangria......best hostel so far!

• 15th Jan 2014