The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

This is a very nice hostel, with a lot of space to hang out in and nice, new facilities that I didn't make nearly enough use out of. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and there are more than enough bathrooms either connected to the rooms or scattered about the building that I never once had to sit around waiting for a shower. It's really a lovely place to stay, and I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to stay near the Las Setas area.

The Garden Backpacker is an amazing place to stay. It has a great atmosphere with many common rooms. The free sangria is great. The rooms all have lockers with a key provided and beds are pretty comfortable. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The only downside to the place was that the wifi did not work in the room and struggled to work downstairs. If you find a good spot it is ok.

• 11th Jun 2015

We had a great time at this hostel. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. We stayed in a 10-bed dorm that had a snoring monstrosity the first night but was fine nevertheless. We made some new friends and had a great time exploring the city together thanks to the social atmosphere of the hostel. They also provide free (and tasty) sangria every night plus other goodies on alternating nights. Highly recommended!!! P.S. Go see flamenco at La Carboneria!

Perfect location, staff friendly, cool atmosphere! Enjoy the free sangria =)

Favorite hostel I've stayed in so far. The staff were all super friendly and incredibly helpful. Had great recommendations for restaurants, shows and good local bars to see flamenco/sevillanas dancing. The common spaces are great and make it easy to meet people, felt very much like a community. The only thing is the wifi, it didn't work in the room and was constantly breaking and in need of restarting. However, the lack of wifi also forced people to talk to each other, so maybe it's a good thing

Nice hostel, staff is very helpful and seem to know what they are talking about. Can give you some great recommendations on restaurants! The free sangria is lovely and a good way to meet other people in the hostel. Overall, nice experience and would recommend for a relaxing weekend in seville!

• 29th May 2015

Amazing hostel! Really enjoyed the space and the sangria hour. The staff was also amazing!

Had to spend a night here on our way to Barcelona and it ended up being one of the best nights of our trip! Super fun hostel - wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were really helpful and the sangria and paella were delicious!

Best staffs I've met during my travels.

• 22nd May 2015

One of the friendliest hostel staffs I have stayed with. I really sensed that they cared about our time in Sevilla and we're always available to assist us. Overall, super chill and laid back hostel.

You guys have a nice common area with large and friendly facilities! Furthermore, the kitchen was sort of clean and all the equipment were working properly. However, the 4 bedroom room we were staying in was extremely small, no climatization, and not really clean. We had no place to store our luggage except for a small locker for important stuff. Finally the wifi did not work properly and the ambience was not there at all. Altought, the computers available were working extremely well!

• 11th May 2015

Had a great stay. Wonderful staff. Not too bad of a location, but not incredibly close to the Alcazar/Cathedral/Plaza Espana, but Seville is a big city after all. I would definitely recommend this for a young traveler and would go back again without a doubt.

A very comfortable hostel with a welcoming and homely atmosphere. Staff were extremely helpful. Rooms and facilities were clean and secure. Great place to meet fellow travellers.

Best hostel I've stayed at in Spain. Awesome garden area, great for meeting people. The staff are great and play the best music.

By far the best hostel I've stayed at so far! staff were incredibly helpful and kind, make sure you do the walking tour with Medi!

Great staff always happy to help in any way they can. Great tips for getting around and what to see and eat . Walking tour I have heard great things about and the hostel itself is great . Upstairs is great and the garden is lovely.

The vibe of the hostel was really laid back. Very cute and pretty with the courtyard and terrace. Really lovely people and staff were so helpful and nice.

PROS: The staff was great and had awesome suggestions for my short stay. The hostel had a bar downstairs, upstairs pool, and livingroom area. Easy to socialize. CONS: The women's showers on my floor weren't working at the time, so I had to shower in the men's restroom, also, there's only one restroom for each gender on each floor and only a couple of showers so there was always a wait to get in and do your business. Poor wifi connection.

Great place to stay. Staff are friendly and easy to meet people, especially with the free sangria. Highlight was the free walking tour with Medi, the Moroccan guy who should have been a comedian. He made the city's history come alive, and was a good orientation for the rest of the stay at Seville.

This felt like a giant house with all my friends. If you want a cool experience with nice people and a chance to meet people.. stay here. There is a rooftop terrace as well which you can tan on. The kitchen is nice and everyone is always cooking. The garden has sangria hour which is prime social hour. Also the hostel world people take you on a pub crawl. PERFECT PLACE IF YOU ARE SOLO