The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Great hostel in a central location. Staff were very friendly and helpful, would definitely stay here again!

• 27th Mar 2015

Great place to stay in Sevilla including a close location to main attractions. Some electricity supply issues in rooms makes an uncomfortable situation because I had to go outside of my room for charging my devices.

Good hostel. Good staff. It was easy to meet many travelers there. There were many single or group travelers. The staffs are very kind and are ready to give you many info. The one thing That i didnt like was all electrocin was off in the bathroom at night one day while I stayed. Except that, I loved staying there!!

I cannot recharge my phone and my external battery at night. Some other travellers in my room are rude and inconsiderate.

We had an awesome stay. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful.

• 24th Mar 2015

We especially loved the free sangria and how it brought all the travelers together in the evening. The paella cooked by the hostel was also pretty good. The hostel was clean and nicely arranged. The terrace also looked very nice for good weather. We would gladly recommend this place.

Clean (especially the kitchen), well located and sociable hostel. I was a solo traveller and it was really easy to meet people. There's free tea & coffee all day and free Sangria in the evening, which is a really nice & useful thing to have. Staff are great and I had an awesome time at Garden Backpacker and definitely recommend it, especially for solo travellers!

I truly felt comfortable here - I have no complaints!

Nice cosy hostel!.. the beds are not that great. Small pilows and blankets and thin matras (I'm a sleep loving person). But if you don't care it's fine.

• 2nd Mar 2015

The sangria at 7pm is a great way to meet people and have a few drinks before heading out! Sophie is so friendly and helpful!! A great place to stay in Seville!

• 28th Feb 2015

Great hostel, had amazing time. Thank you so much Anne-Sophie and Frederico, you're doing a great job ! - Laurent

BRING YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU!!! They absolutely require it to check you in! We had left ours in Madrid thinking that our national ID card would work, but we had to beg the girl at the reception to let us check in with our id cards. We understand she was just doing her job by refusing to let us check in. Apparently, they sent us an email prior to our arrival to tell us about this prerequisite, but we never got it. So here's the warning, other than that, this hostel was great!

I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable. Free sangria! Also, they have an amazing discount of flamenco shows, but you have to ask about them. I missed out because my roommate learned about it from the night shift worker on my last day! Definitely would have been an amazing way to spend the night!

I really appreciated the sangria and paella in the evening- it gave us the chance to meet all the other guests. Super friendly and helpful staff, perfectly decent rooms. Only complaint was that the wifi didn't work very well/

Very good all round, Quite spacious, except some of the dorms. Sophie stood head and shoulders above other reception staff, although the walking tour guide told me there was another, on holiday, in the same bracket, so endorsing my view. She was the only one that greeted customers as we came down for breakfast. and went to lengths to help, always! These litttle things mean a lot, esp to solo travellers - and sort out the wheat from the chaff. Bedside box for key/clock etc would be welcome

Nothing but good things to say about this hostel- really friendly and helpful staff, very clean, close to lots of local bars and walking distance from attractions, free sangria every night is awesome, and the atmosphere is very open and friendly. I met so many awesome people here, definitely an excellent place to stay if you are traveling alone. Will definitely be coming back!

The tour with Mehdi was great!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Excellent.

The staff was super nice and helpful! The guided tour and pub crawl were awesome!

SOFIE (Sophie?), THE RECEPTIONIST FROM 4-12pm WAS LITERALLY THE BEST HUMAN I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE! She and the other lady were extremely helpful and I am genuinely sad I may never get to the chance to go to Sevilla again, because they were AMAZING. The Backpacker was precious and happy from the moment you walked in, and I wanted to stay forever. Loved the camaraderie with other guests. Very clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The tours were WONDERFUL and the guide was hilarious

• 30th Jan 2015