The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

We had an awesome stay. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful.

• 24th Mar 2015

We especially loved the free sangria and how it brought all the travelers together in the evening. The paella cooked by the hostel was also pretty good. The hostel was clean and nicely arranged. The terrace also looked very nice for good weather. We would gladly recommend this place.

Clean (especially the kitchen), well located and sociable hostel. I was a solo traveller and it was really easy to meet people. There's free tea & coffee all day and free Sangria in the evening, which is a really nice & useful thing to have. Staff are great and I had an awesome time at Garden Backpacker and definitely recommend it, especially for solo travellers!

I truly felt comfortable here - I have no complaints!

Nice cosy hostel!.. the beds are not that great. Small pilows and blankets and thin matras (I'm a sleep loving person). But if you don't care it's fine.

• 2nd Mar 2015

The sangria at 7pm is a great way to meet people and have a few drinks before heading out! Sophie is so friendly and helpful!! A great place to stay in Seville!

• 28th Feb 2015

Great hostel, had amazing time. Thank you so much Anne-Sophie and Frederico, you're doing a great job ! - Laurent

BRING YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU!!! They absolutely require it to check you in! We had left ours in Madrid thinking that our national ID card would work, but we had to beg the girl at the reception to let us check in with our id cards. We understand she was just doing her job by refusing to let us check in. Apparently, they sent us an email prior to our arrival to tell us about this prerequisite, but we never got it. So here's the warning, other than that, this hostel was great!

I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable. Free sangria! Also, they have an amazing discount of flamenco shows, but you have to ask about them. I missed out because my roommate learned about it from the night shift worker on my last day! Definitely would have been an amazing way to spend the night!

I really appreciated the sangria and paella in the evening- it gave us the chance to meet all the other guests. Super friendly and helpful staff, perfectly decent rooms. Only complaint was that the wifi didn't work very well/

Very good all round, Quite spacious, except some of the dorms. Sophie stood head and shoulders above other reception staff, although the walking tour guide told me there was another, on holiday, in the same bracket, so endorsing my view. She was the only one that greeted customers as we came down for breakfast. and went to lengths to help, always! These litttle things mean a lot, esp to solo travellers - and sort out the wheat from the chaff. Bedside box for key/clock etc would be welcome

Nothing but good things to say about this hostel- really friendly and helpful staff, very clean, close to lots of local bars and walking distance from attractions, free sangria every night is awesome, and the atmosphere is very open and friendly. I met so many awesome people here, definitely an excellent place to stay if you are traveling alone. Will definitely be coming back!

The tour with Mehdi was great!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Excellent.

The staff was super nice and helpful! The guided tour and pub crawl were awesome!

SOFIE (Sophie?), THE RECEPTIONIST FROM 4-12pm WAS LITERALLY THE BEST HUMAN I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE! She and the other lady were extremely helpful and I am genuinely sad I may never get to the chance to go to Sevilla again, because they were AMAZING. The Backpacker was precious and happy from the moment you walked in, and I wanted to stay forever. Loved the camaraderie with other guests. Very clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The tours were WONDERFUL and the guide was hilarious

• 30th Jan 2015
  • American Samoa

Great hostel and environment. Really easy to meeting people with free sangria each evening. They were very good at organizing things and extremely helpful. Only downside was poor internet connections.

• 29th Jan 2015

It is not hard to find the location. The best thing about the location is very near to best local bars. Staffs are very nice to offer advices about traveling, including where to watch a flamenco show (and they also have favorable tickets for watching a show in Museo Flamenco). I was disappointed that they don't offer breakfast or any meal at all. Free Sangria was very nice anyway. But, Wifi signal was terrible in rooms. Very inconvenient to take a shower (no hanging things at all).

Here is a quick review of everything you need to know about this hostel. Staff is charming and very kind. The lockers are big enough for computer, wallet, passport or small backpack but not suitcases. I felt very safe the whole time I was there though so no need. The sangria is homemade and delicious. They serve it free everyday at 7 (in the winter) and it provides a great atmosphere because everyone comes to meet and drink. The kitchen has everything you need. Overall a great stay. I'll be back

Quite a lively place. Good place to meet other travelers. the staff is a great help to figure out how to get around. Biggest complaint is cleanliness. When I first arrived in my room, it had a moldy/wet smell. That tended to come and go during my stay. Another thing is the large amount of ants i found in one of the bathrooms. This was in winter, which should not happen in my book. Also, if you have a few spare hours on one of your days then you should take the city tour with Medi.