The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

I cannot say enough good things about the staff here. They really go above and beyond to help you out(booking buses/trains or your next hostel) and make a good atmosphere. The freshly made meals they had some days were amazing and reasonably priced. It's easy to feel at home in the bright, comfortable common areas and the free sangria hour in the garden is great for meeting people.

Garden Backpacker is the first hostel I've ever stayed in and it was the best experience. Being the first time I ever traveled on my own, I wasn't sure what to expect from staying in hostels. Garden backpacker has everything you need, the hosts were so friendly, they helped me plan my next hostels and gave me all the information I needed regarding trains which was so helpful since I was on my own! FREE SANGRIA & PUB CRAWLS!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I loved this place! I was not planning on staying in sevilla for long, but I just enjoyed this hostel with its great atmosphere and life, so I stayed :-)

Very friendly staff and makes you feel like a family. I booked the hostel twice during my trip. Great memories here.

I had a nice stay here. The staff greeted me well with smiles, and had my name written on a board. However, there were other staff members that seemed to always be deeply in conversation, which is off putting and makes them seem unapproachable when I had questions or concerns. They have a good patio, free sangria, and I had their Mexican dinner, which was nice for a good price. Easy to socialize, but without the drunken rowdiness. Not enough outlets for all beds though.

Friendly staff, good opportunities provided to mingle with others.

Dinner was great, we loved it and we crave it!

This is a really friendly hostel (although the downside is it can be a bit noisy at night if you're trying to sleep...) in a great location.

Nice girls on reception. One of them has a great taste in music! Nice how they write your name on the board for when you arrive and bother to try remember your name. Lockers are the smallest I've seen , which means you have to leave your bag out and only your valuables go in the safe. The bar crawl with Phillipo was pretty bad, and he was fairly creepy and slimey with the girls. The meal and free sangria every night is good! Well worth the money. Nice hammocks on the roof. Overall really good.

Filippo is really really lovely and made the pub crawl awesome!!! :D

Booked in for 2 nights, and ended up stayed for 4 is a great was to show how great the place was Was such a great atmosphere, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The dinners every night for ~€5 were a great addition, made it easy and convenient to have healthly food.

One of the friendliest hostels we've been to! Awesome idea to have free sangria hour which brings everyone from the hostel together.

Let me start by saying that it was the best hostel. Because of the amazing facilities and staff. Specially Shophie and the Free Walking Tour guides, Mehdi and Fillipo, they made me, my mother and cousin fall in love with Seville and its amazing stories, legends and facts of the past. I have done dozens of walking tours, but these two men, just know what they do. They have a lot of knowledge and their expertise in entertaining people makes you forget about the 37/40 degrees. Very cozy hostel

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Mozambique

Great clean hostel with really helpful friendly staff.

One night here, had bad roommate who kept making noise when others were sleeping. The garden was nice though. Staffs are nice.

Wonderful hostel. Clean, quiet and a wonderful staff! Sophie was the best! The back patio with the free sangria provided an excellent opportunity to meet and make friends with other guests, and it doesn't hurt that the sangria was delicious. Just a great place!

Best staff ever!! Amazing facilities and of course, Sangria is great in there!! The walking tour was also really good

Very nice hostel with lovely staff. The garden is nice especially at free sangria time. :) I would definitely reccomend this hostel.

Good location, and the 5 euro dinners and free sangria were great. Went on the two walking tours with Mehdi, who was amazing--the best walking tours I have gone on.

It's the little things that make this hostel special, like the board behind reception welcoming new arrivals by name, with a similar one wishing departures a safe trip. There's a cupboard full of toiletries, chargers etc. inviting you to help yourself to what you need and replace it when you're done. Free sangria from 8:30-9:30 every evening, with a lovely 5€ dinner at 9, creates a really sociable atmosphere. Bright and airy - all in all a lovely place to stay.