The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

It was a good experience.I definitely recommend taking the free walking tour that leave each day.The tour made us fall in love with Seville(which was a bit difficult to do on our own).I also would recommend eating the meals that they provide for a fair price -they were absolutely delicious and a great way to meet people.The free sangria each night was lovely.Very helpful staff and deals for around the city.The bathrooms are okay & the rooms were nothing special but overall a good atmosphere!

Awesome hostel, wonderful staff who are really friendly and around all the time. They're very helpful and even lent us brollies because it rained one day! They have amazing home cooked food every night which you have for a very cheap price. Nice cheap drinks at the bar, and an hour of free sangria! Beautiful outdoor garden area, and place feels very secure.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Easy access from city bus to and from rail station. Near shopping and the hop on hop off bus also. Staff was both friendly and helpful.

Overall, my stay was great! The staff was friendly and helpful. My dorm was right next to the door, so it could get a little noisy, but earplugs solved that quickly! Go on the free walking tour with Mehdi! He's so informative and gets very into it!

The staff at the garden are fabulous! Thank you Sophie! The garden has a great vibe, lots going on and it's really good for socialising. The rooms were comfortable and the kitchen is very well equipt. Had a great stay!

I cannot say enough good things about the staff here. They really go above and beyond to help you out(booking buses/trains or your next hostel) and make a good atmosphere. The freshly made meals they had some days were amazing and reasonably priced. It's easy to feel at home in the bright, comfortable common areas and the free sangria hour in the garden is great for meeting people.

Garden Backpacker is the first hostel I've ever stayed in and it was the best experience. Being the first time I ever traveled on my own, I wasn't sure what to expect from staying in hostels. Garden backpacker has everything you need, the hosts were so friendly, they helped me plan my next hostels and gave me all the information I needed regarding trains which was so helpful since I was on my own! FREE SANGRIA & PUB CRAWLS!

• 22nd Aug 2014

I loved this place! I was not planning on staying in sevilla for long, but I just enjoyed this hostel with its great atmosphere and life, so I stayed :-)

Very friendly staff and makes you feel like a family. I booked the hostel twice during my trip. Great memories here.

I had a nice stay here. The staff greeted me well with smiles, and had my name written on a board. However, there were other staff members that seemed to always be deeply in conversation, which is off putting and makes them seem unapproachable when I had questions or concerns. They have a good patio, free sangria, and I had their Mexican dinner, which was nice for a good price. Easy to socialize, but without the drunken rowdiness. Not enough outlets for all beds though.

Friendly staff, good opportunities provided to mingle with others.

Dinner was great, we loved it and we crave it!

This is a really friendly hostel (although the downside is it can be a bit noisy at night if you're trying to sleep...) in a great location.

Nice girls on reception. One of them has a great taste in music! Nice how they write your name on the board for when you arrive and bother to try remember your name. Lockers are the smallest I've seen , which means you have to leave your bag out and only your valuables go in the safe. The bar crawl with Phillipo was pretty bad, and he was fairly creepy and slimey with the girls. The meal and free sangria every night is good! Well worth the money. Nice hammocks on the roof. Overall really good.

Filippo is really really lovely and made the pub crawl awesome!!! :D

Booked in for 2 nights, and ended up stayed for 4 is a great was to show how great the place was Was such a great atmosphere, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The dinners every night for ~€5 were a great addition, made it easy and convenient to have healthly food.

One of the friendliest hostels we've been to! Awesome idea to have free sangria hour which brings everyone from the hostel together.

Let me start by saying that it was the best hostel. Because of the amazing facilities and staff. Specially Shophie and the Free Walking Tour guides, Mehdi and Fillipo, they made me, my mother and cousin fall in love with Seville and its amazing stories, legends and facts of the past. I have done dozens of walking tours, but these two men, just know what they do. They have a lot of knowledge and their expertise in entertaining people makes you forget about the 37/40 degrees. Very cozy hostel

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Mozambique

Great clean hostel with really helpful friendly staff.

One night here, had bad roommate who kept making noise when others were sleeping. The garden was nice though. Staffs are nice.