The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Great atmosphere however bathrooms not very clean. Otherwise great hostel. About 15mins walk from city centre.

This has probably been the best hostel I've ever been. The Garden Backpacker is well organized, they have all the facilities a traveler need and the atmosphere is the best. I've met some lovely people in that Garden.

Definitely an excellent hostel. The staff is friendly and makes you feel at home; special thanks to Valentina and Sophie, whose kindness and helpful advice made our stay in Siviglia such a special one.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at over the past 11 months! Staff is incredibly helpful and will join you for a chat during downtime. The walking tours with Phillipo and Medi are entertaining as well as informative. The place has a relaxed atmosphere and the free sangria with cheap dinners get most people into the garden socialising.

I loved this hostel. The staff, particularly Sophie are excellent. The walking tours and bar crawls with medi and fillip were so much fun. The hostel does excellent meals, has a great bar and sufficient kitchen and common room areas. The whole atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. I didn't want to leave..absolutely 100%

We loved the facilities, staff and activities! We only stayed one night but will definitely be coming back.

Had an amazing time at the Garden. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and showers and good location. Also a very social hostel with free sangria every night bringing everyone together.

Very nice and helpful staff at any time (also in the middle of the night!!!) I strongly recommend the free walking tours - especially with the guide Mehdy you will have a lot of fun and learn many interesting facts about Seville. He also helps with any additional questions you may have! Go to Sevilla, it is worth it (and don't forget to see the Flamenco dancing and eat Tapas :) )!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Place was a little dirty, can't rely on travellers to be a Tidy, free sangria for an hour was a nice touch! Easy hostel to meet people, good bar with projector when football was on

Great location, awesome atmosphere to meet other travellers, and an awesome afternoon walkin tour with Santiago. Two of the computers were out, which kind of sucked, but the wifi was pretty good.

This hostel is so freaking nice. Thank you Garden Backpacker!

I had a great time here! My only complaint is that the patio and common areas close at midnight. The free Sangria is an amazing touch to your stay here, as well as in house bar that's pretty cheap! Also two of the computers weren't working, but it was not a big deal. Could be a little closer to activities too. Overall wonderful hostel, wold definitely recommend!

An excellent and very friendly hostel. The free Sangria and cheap dinners each night was a great way to meet fellow hostellers. The only (very minor) complaint I would have would be the bathrooms, they had very little ventilation and were a little dirty at times. There also wasn't many of them and so there was sometimes a wait.

Really pleased with the hostel! Short walk from the city centre and the atmosphere was great with everyone conversing and enjoying the activities offered by the friendly and helpful staff!

• 20th Jun 2014

Friendly helpful staff. Good location close to everything. Lockers dont fit a big bag so only for personal items. Bathrooms and toilets needed to be cleaned more often. Walking tours were ok but do some pre reading or you will be very confused. Recommendation by Medi of restaurant Esalva was fantastic. Free sangria was a nice touch.

I did the free walking tour with Medi and it was a fantastic way of exploring the city, I highly recommend others do this.

I only stayed one night and got a bit of a weird vibe. Everyone has different experiences though

I enjoyed staying in the hostel. the facilities are clean and it is well located. The environment is relaxing and welcoming. Juan and Medi are knowledgeable and entertaining. I love their walking tours. Shadia let me helped her cook and learned a lot by that. The hostel has right vibe to meet new people. I recommend to stay in this hostel.

Free sangria in the cute little courtyard out the back, perfect!

The Garden was everything I could have asked for in a hostel! The staff was amazing, helpful and extremely friendly. Shadia cooks a delicious dinner and the free sangria was a great time to meet other people. The walking tours with Juan and Medi were great and give you lots of insight on the history of Sevilla. I will definitely come and stay here if I return to Sevilla.