The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Was a cool little hostel. A lot of space to chill out inside and out. There was a really good kitchen. At night they would serve free sangria from 8-9pm. It brings all the people together and is the start of a big night. The only bad thing was the smell of the room. We stayed in the main dorm and it stunk. There was no air ventilation.

Free sangria and yummy dinners for cheap!

It was my first abroad trip(by my own)and I had a really good time there!the stuff was very helpful,the building was situated very near the center,I took the free walking tour with ''Medi'' who was fantastic tour-guide,I enjoyed the roof with all these nice friendships.I also think that I have to say that the guys that were in the reception were so well informed,full of positive energy and really friendly!You have to stay there if you will go to seville!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Greece

This place is a little gem! It's close to everything and easy to get to from the train station. The garden and roof terrace are lovely, perfect places to rest during siesta. The 5€ dinner option is he best option I've come across. You can't beat at home cooked meal for that cheap. It's also a great way to meet other travelers. They also make amazing mojitos. The staff was really helpful and concerned about our stay. The only annoying thing is that you have to ring a buzzer to get in.

Very welcoming and great community. Dinner and access to the bar was wonderful and made it easy to meet people. Staff was incredibly kind and helpful. The location was not as central as I would have liked but everything is still within walking distance. Very close to a street with bars called Alfalfa which is helpful.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, we arrived super early in the morning and weren't able to check in until later, but they let us nap in the common room and use the bathrooms freely. Also, the free all you can drink sangria hour was amazing.

very friendly place

Nice hostel With friendly/helpfull staff. Very clean.

This was a WONDERFUL hostel experience. Very clean and they are so helpful! Free sangria, great food, beautiful facilities.

• 30th May 2014

We had a great stay at this hostel and a very warm welcome from Frederico on arrival. Highly recommend this hostel- the garden is lovely too :)

Our first ever stay at a hostel and it very much exceeded our expectations. Very fun atmosphere, clean rooms, good food, GREAT location and awesome staff. It was just what we wanted

• 30th May 2014

Bathrooms were not very clean and had a funky smell. Mattresses are a bit thin and I would not call that glob of cotton balls a pillow. The blanket which was also just a mass of cotton was rather unappealing. Overall, the hostel seemed a little bit run down. Things were all over the place. Staff was very nice and friendly. They proactively provided a lot of information at check-in with maps. No breakfast though. Computers with 4 pages of printing included!

Nice location friendly atmosphere. Shadia is an excellent cook, must try her food. Walking tour with Medi is amazing. Highly recommend.

The place is just great , especially for its staff very friendly, cool and helpful. Even though it is not much advertised, the free tour is really good, led by a passionate guy! Ask for Juan !

OKay so I know I have checked off 'excellent' for everything on the review ...but seriously, do yourself a favour and stay at this hostel! This has been my absolute favourate place I have stayed at over the last five weeks I have been traveling. If you want somewhere that is chill and social this is the place for you. The staff are lovely and helpful. They serve sangria from 8-9 every night for free which brings everyone together. Oh and hey... hammocks on the roof top terrace. Enjoy!

The security was fine; the front door only opened via the front desk and the rooms had locks and lockers. The location was a bit far from the main attractions, but only a 15 minute walk (if you didn't get lost...which was due to the city, not the hostel). The staff was great as was the atmosphere with sangria (free) and dinner (cheap) every night. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest I've seen. Value for my money was definitely acceptable and the facilities were decent. I would recommend it.

This was the coolest hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff is pretty cool. There aren't any unnecessary deposits for room keys or towels. Free Sangria Hour is one of the greatest Spanish hostel inventions ever. It gives you a great opportunity for people to gather and meet one another. The atmosphere was good, and the setup is nice. The garden is a great environment and the terrace is relaxing. The only downside about the place is that the WiFi sucks if you're not in the lobby.

• 26th May 2014

Just Awesome! The staff are exceptionally charming and informative in giving recommendations, and the facilities, just wow. Played guitar on the rooftop every day and enjoyed the great meals, sangria hour and bar in the garden almost every night. The atmosphere really promotes socializing, met so many great people of different backgrounds there. Rooms & showers are a bit 'cozy' but the common spaces are very large and comfortable! Think I fell in love. Meant to stay two nights but stayed a week!

the staff was very helpful. I forgot my phone charger and they were so ready to help me and let me use theirs, it was very nice of them to go out of their way. Thank you!

BEST HOSTEL I'VE STAYED AT! The staff were very genuine and very knowledgeable. Filippo was the best and OMG was he funny and full of life :) Their 5 euro dinners they offer along with the free sangria hour is definitely worth while. The Paella was superb! I met so many good people there. I highly recommend staying here.