The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Andalucia, Spain

Overall friendly staff; facilities are good--though tight in the morning; paella was nice to try but rather expensive at 7 euros. A good hostel for a short stay. I have no idea why they charge a euro to keep your luggage when it is check-out day. I have never seen another hostel do such a thing.

great hostel with friendly staff and warm atmosphere. definitely recommend it!

Very nice hosel, good located with an amazing staff! Cleanless, facilities and a very very nice atmosphere inside this hostel.

This place is fantastic. I loved the open-plan feel to the kitchen, dining and lounge area that makes it so natural and easy to hang around do whatever: meet people if you want, drink the free sangria each night, or just chill reading a book or playing the provided guitar. My friend and I went on two free walking tours in one day, and they were a great way to learn about the city! Our guide Medi was so generous and willing to share stories and tips, it really enhanced our stay. Thanks guys.

• 29th Dec 2013

Excellent!! Staff was so friendly. The walking tour guide Medi was great as well. Very passionate and animated. Great job!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Very nice - lovely place (creaky bunker beds~ but then again I'm a light sleeper)

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • India

so greattt!!1

The staff were lovely and very helpful, especially Valentina. The location was quite convenient, the city is reasonably small and everywhere was walkable. The bathrooms were clean and kitchen was fairly well equipped. The walking tour was also quite good, it covered the major sights and was interesting and informative. Only complaint would be the bedding. The mattress was thin and uncomfortable, and the duvet was old and worn, plus it wasn't big enough to cover my whole body (and I'm not tall).

Place was great! The lockers were a bit small or super small... Depending on the room one is staying. But I felt quite safe and didn't worry about people rummaging through my things. The location is awesome and I loooooved all the outdoor space

I've never been to a better hostel!! This place makes you feel at home, the staffs were so welcoming, so caring, so helpful!! There were no breakfast, which was the downside... but free sangrias! And on Tuedays, they have home made paella for 7 euros and it was so delicious! Best paella! The place was also really cute, especially the patio. They have lockers but its very small. Walking tour was 3 hrs long, go with the asian guy. Honestly though, staff was the best!! Thank you for the experience!

• 8th Dec 2013

It was just a bed for a night but it did the trick. 12 bed dorms separated by a wall so pretty much 2 six bed dorms with a shared entrance. Beds not amazing, but was fun for a night!

a really cool, young place and very homy!! not only clean, practical and cheap, but an extremely nice place to just hang out. the staff is the nicest i ever met, they do everything to make u feel at home and the place offers so many cool things to do! probably the best hostel i've ever stayed in. thank u!! :-)

Best thing for us was that there was so many like-minded people that were really friendly, free sangria and good food from the hostel, so we had really fun time. Only minus was that some of the lockers were really small - had to put my bag to friends because his was bigger.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This was a great hostel that I was recommended by a friend. The free sangria every night was great, as it meant you were able to meet other travellers - perfect as I was solo. The free city tour a were aweseome, especially Medi, he kept us laughing the whole time, but I learnt heaps. Staff were lovely and helpful. Nice n close to city, and quiet. Would def recommend and stay again.

Amazing hostel! It was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Very very kind, freindly, fluent english staff, and they provide a lot. If you just stayed hostel, You wouldnt be bored. Because all people stay in the hostel is friendly, and talk to you, and smile~

Very different and very cool place. Super friendly staff. Power went off and they were offering to move us somewhere else if we wanted. Common area felt like someone's living room. Garden in the summer must be amazing.

• 19th Nov 2013

Very good staff and atmosphere.

There is one thing I have to warn about visitors planning to stay at this hostel. If you stay in the room which is right next to the common room, you may have to suffer very loud TV sound untill 3 a.m. time. that room has no window to outside wolld, but some small windows to the corridor. It is a pain to stay in that room...

Plz fwd to philipe: Your insults to my country were NOT appropriate in any way. for a non-official tour guide who's working for backpacker hostels I would expect the exact opposite behavior when meeting young travelers, ESPECIALY from conflict contries- being interested and open minded. But u didnt want to learn or hear different perspective, u just used your childish humor with total disrespect (

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Israel

STAFF are great...EXCEPT for that one blonde, Italian guy who relentlessly BLASTS his bad, rock music whenever he's working. He's also pretty arrogant.....................................................everyone else was lovely, especially Valentina. Great place for solo backpackers.