The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

We loved the facilities, staff and activities! We only stayed one night but will definitely be coming back.

Had an amazing time at the Garden. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and showers and good location. Also a very social hostel with free sangria every night bringing everyone together.

Very nice and helpful staff at any time (also in the middle of the night!!!) I strongly recommend the free walking tours - especially with the guide Mehdy you will have a lot of fun and learn many interesting facts about Seville. He also helps with any additional questions you may have! Go to Sevilla, it is worth it (and don't forget to see the Flamenco dancing and eat Tapas :) )!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Place was a little dirty, can't rely on travellers to be a Tidy, free sangria for an hour was a nice touch! Easy hostel to meet people, good bar with projector when football was on

Great location, awesome atmosphere to meet other travellers, and an awesome afternoon walkin tour with Santiago. Two of the computers were out, which kind of sucked, but the wifi was pretty good.

This hostel is so freaking nice. Thank you Garden Backpacker!

I had a great time here! My only complaint is that the patio and common areas close at midnight. The free Sangria is an amazing touch to your stay here, as well as in house bar that's pretty cheap! Also two of the computers weren't working, but it was not a big deal. Could be a little closer to activities too. Overall wonderful hostel, wold definitely recommend!

An excellent and very friendly hostel. The free Sangria and cheap dinners each night was a great way to meet fellow hostellers. The only (very minor) complaint I would have would be the bathrooms, they had very little ventilation and were a little dirty at times. There also wasn't many of them and so there was sometimes a wait.

Really pleased with the hostel! Short walk from the city centre and the atmosphere was great with everyone conversing and enjoying the activities offered by the friendly and helpful staff!

• 20th Jun 2014

Friendly helpful staff. Good location close to everything. Lockers dont fit a big bag so only for personal items. Bathrooms and toilets needed to be cleaned more often. Walking tours were ok but do some pre reading or you will be very confused. Recommendation by Medi of restaurant Esalva was fantastic. Free sangria was a nice touch.

I did the free walking tour with Medi and it was a fantastic way of exploring the city, I highly recommend others do this.

I only stayed one night and got a bit of a weird vibe. Everyone has different experiences though

I enjoyed staying in the hostel. the facilities are clean and it is well located. The environment is relaxing and welcoming. Juan and Medi are knowledgeable and entertaining. I love their walking tours. Shadia let me helped her cook and learned a lot by that. The hostel has right vibe to meet new people. I recommend to stay in this hostel.

Free sangria in the cute little courtyard out the back, perfect!

The Garden was everything I could have asked for in a hostel! The staff was amazing, helpful and extremely friendly. Shadia cooks a delicious dinner and the free sangria was a great time to meet other people. The walking tours with Juan and Medi were great and give you lots of insight on the history of Sevilla. I will definitely come and stay here if I return to Sevilla.

is a good hostel!!! the staff was excellent!!! very nice people, friendly!!!

Garden backpacker hostel was a pretty nice place, nothing amazing but a great place to hang out and chill for a few days before we moved on to madrid. The rooms are quite small but when you only really return to the hostel for sleep/getting stuff its fine. We met some awesome people there. The aspect that really made us love this hostel and our time in Seville was the walking tour with Medi, we did both the morning and evening one and loved them! that was out highlight from Seville!

Absolutely wonderful staff and a great hostel!

The dinners every night and free Angela hour are a great way to meet people. There are also two walking yours each day with other hostels which are fantastic ways to see the city and meet people too (I had an Italian your guide who was hilarious and very informative). There are lockers in each room and in he lobby for bigger items. The staff are great! The price is ok for what it is, there is a hotel close by that charges the same amount for a single room but of course it lacks the environment.

Had a really good time staying at this hostel, staff were brilliant too.