The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

BEST HOSTEL I'VE STAYED AT! The staff were very genuine and very knowledgeable. Filippo was the best and OMG was he funny and full of life :) Their 5 euro dinners they offer along with the free sangria hour is definitely worth while. The Paella was superb! I met so many good people there. I highly recommend staying here.

Great facilities, one hour of free sangria every night, fantastic drinks by Filippo, AMAZING (and cheap!) dinner every night, very pleasant staff at reception (hi Sophie!) - couldn't go wrong with this place. Oh, did I mention the hammock at the rooftop (just in case you wanted to pass out under that glorious Andalucian sun)? Do yourself a favour and book this hostel.

Great Hostel! Would stay again.

everything was great including the free walking tour

• 17th May 2014

Good hostel with great staff and a great atmosphere. Lots of common areas to relax, or meet other travellers

The staff was super friendly and helpful! The bed I slept in was comfier than the bed I have been sleeping on during my study abroad time. The location is great, but you do have about a 15-20 minute walk to the main tourist places.

• 16th May 2014

I had a great stay here. It is probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are very friendly, especially Sophie. The free sangria every night was a great place to meet other travellers. If I ever found myself in Sevilla again I would definitely stay here. Keep it up guys! :)

• 15th May 2014

The staff at this hostel are exceptionally vibrant, energetic and friendly! The common area has a great atmosphere that keeps travelers in the common area because it is so inviting! Valentina at the reception is fantastic! Shadia is the cook and her food is phenomenal! (€5 for a delicious and large home cooked meal makes up for the lack of continental!) Phillipo is an energetic tour guide/pub crawl organizer! Appearance wise this was not the nicest hostel, but the people there are the best

• 15th May 2014

Cool courtyard with drinks and tables to hang out and meet other travelers. The free tour was great by Medi.

• 15th May 2014

The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly PERFECT, The rooms were very clean Nice friendly atmosphere lovely roof terrace, garden and indoor areas The Garden Backpacker is a great hostel Thanks Valentina, Claudia,Fede...

• 14th May 2014
  • Spain

Can be tricky to find but overall really good place. Staff are exceptionally lovely, offer many things to do in the day or night. Close to a lot of amenities.

The sheet makes me uncomfortable, it's dirty. And it's really noisy at night!!!

The staff were helpful. We had a private 2 bed room but it was tiny and the floors were not very clean. The shared bathrooms were ok. The facilities were adequate and location quite good.

A truly great hostel. Of all the hostels I have stayed in this one really promotes a sense of community with homecooked meals (optional), free sangria from 8 to 9, a nice outdoor area with tables, and a rooftop terrace with hammocks and showers. The staff were great. Super friendly and helpful in navigating the city and finding what I was looking for, especially Sophie who seemed to go out of her way to talk to travellers and make sure they were finding what they were looking for. Great place.

• 10th May 2014

Amazing!! Really friendly staff, pretty spacious rooms with plenty of power sockets, nice common areas and there's a real community feel to the place, with things like free sangria each night to help meet people. I met the best people here during Feria and had a blast!! One negative to this place is the lack of included breakfast.

Overpriced, poor wifi, no breakfast, and bathrooms were not attached to the room. Not a bad place though but would not stay again

Our stay was fantastic! The staff was very helpful. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the environment of the hostel was fun and welcoming. One of our favorite things was the walking tour with Juan. He did an amazing job, his English was clear and easy to understand and we learned so much about the culture and history of Sevilla.

The hostel is a recommendable place to stay; I would stay there again if I went to Seville. Nevertheless it has some flaws: absence of breakfast and the meals they prepare for you for 5 euros are not very good. On the last day, after we checked out, we asked for them to keep our bags safe and we had to pay 1 euros/person for it.

There was a lot of dirt on the shelf and fans... staffs were nice but very loud bcz of lots of ppl

Great place! Valentina was so nice to me, she made me comfortable, laugh, and feel very at home :) also the vegetarian meals are delish! And I'm not even vegetarian!