The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

The sangria at 7pm is a great way to meet people and have a few drinks before heading out! Sophie is so friendly and helpful!! A great place to stay in Seville!

Great hostel, had amazing time. Thank you so much Anne-Sophie and Frederico, you're doing a great job ! - Laurent

BRING YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU!!! They absolutely require it to check you in! We had left ours in Madrid thinking that our national ID card would work, but we had to beg the girl at the reception to let us check in with our id cards. We understand she was just doing her job by refusing to let us check in. Apparently, they sent us an email prior to our arrival to tell us about this prerequisite, but we never got it. So here's the warning, other than that, this hostel was great!

I really enjoyed my stay and felt very comfortable. Free sangria! Also, they have an amazing discount of flamenco shows, but you have to ask about them. I missed out because my roommate learned about it from the night shift worker on my last day! Definitely would have been an amazing way to spend the night!

I really appreciated the sangria and paella in the evening- it gave us the chance to meet all the other guests. Super friendly and helpful staff, perfectly decent rooms. Only complaint was that the wifi didn't work very well/

Very good all round, Quite spacious, except some of the dorms. Sophie stood head and shoulders above other reception staff, although the walking tour guide told me there was another, on holiday, in the same bracket, so endorsing my view. She was the only one that greeted customers as we came down for breakfast. and went to lengths to help, always! These litttle things mean a lot, esp to solo travellers - and sort out the wheat from the chaff. Bedside box for key/clock etc would be welcome

Nothing but good things to say about this hostel- really friendly and helpful staff, very clean, close to lots of local bars and walking distance from attractions, free sangria every night is awesome, and the atmosphere is very open and friendly. I met so many awesome people here, definitely an excellent place to stay if you are traveling alone. Will definitely be coming back!

The tour with Mehdi was great!

• 5th Feb 2015