The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

The hostel is a recommendable place to stay; I would stay there again if I went to Seville. Nevertheless it has some flaws: absence of breakfast and the meals they prepare for you for 5 euros are not very good. On the last day, after we checked out, we asked for them to keep our bags safe and we had to pay 1 euros/person for it.

There was a lot of dirt on the shelf and fans... staffs were nice but very loud bcz of lots of ppl

Great place! Valentina was so nice to me, she made me comfortable, laugh, and feel very at home :) also the vegetarian meals are delish! And I'm not even vegetarian!

We had a great experience here! Valentina, one of the many wonderful hostel staff, welcomed us with open arms upon arriving. The atmosphere is very relaxing, with lots of young people and a great place to meet other travelers. The garden downstairs was quite nice and upstairs you'll find another patio with hammocks! Facilities were clean and hot water was readily available. Hostel location is about 15 min walking from the cathedral where you'll find better prices for eating out.

• 30th Apr 2014

Was a great hostel, clean, nice garden area to socialise and friendly staff. It's close the the mushroom, it's a bit of a walk to the main sites but a good way to get to know the city.. The BEST bit was the walking tours with MEDI, my friend and I did the morning and evening one and they were the best tours we had done. He was so entertaining and interesting. If you don't choose this hostel, ask your hostel about him as he caters to a number in the area. You won't regret it!

A great hostel located in a very central area of Sevilla. The staff is great, friendly and very kind, specially Valentina and Claudia. The facilities are also complete and the enviroment is awesome, mainly if u like to party. I'll be back 4 sure.

• 29th Apr 2014

Great hostel. Very friendly staff. Easy to meet people. Good location. Great walking tour. Awesome touch with the free sangria and really tasty vegetarian community dinners! (with a lovely chef who also does nice cocktails!)

The hostel is clean, nice and the staff is really helpfull and friendly. Perfect hostel! P.s. Every evening is possible try a different nice food from all over the world which is cooked by the staff.

Hands down the best hostel I stayed in on my two week trip to Spain. The staff really go above and beyond, for example on my last day (after I had checked out) I had a problem with a uni application and the staff helped me by printing and scanning the document I needed straight away for free. The free sangria hour makes it so easy to meet people, there are tons of places to hang out and the cook is really good as well. The hostel is super welcoming, would definitely recommend and stay again.

My trip here was quick but memorable - I recommend here! The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly and the free-walking tours with Medi and Juan offered by the hostel were a great way to see the city (highly recommend!!). As a solo traveler the atmosphere of the hostel was great for meeting people as the back patio area was fantastic for facilitating conversation. The dinner offered was incredible and at a great price. City center is a little bit of a walk, but nothing impossible.

Excellent location, polite and friendly staff, very good atmosphere Bed linen is decrepit. showers untidy, The shower may needs a little imput.

I loved everything about this hostel. Sophie made the few days more enjoyable, and free sangria hour really helped me meet people. Hung out with a lot of fun people in the garden every night, and morning tour with Medi and evening tour with Philipo was AWESOME! Both are must go's! High on energy and resourceful, I can't believe it's free! Con:Maybe a newer pillow would help make it like a real pillow, but Im definitely coming back next time in town! Congrats to Taylor&Travis on the engagement!xo

Nice friendly atmosphere and helpful staff.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent hostel. Very helpful staff and probably the tidiest hostel I have ever been to! Great dinner for 5 euros! However , no breakfast included

Awesome staff but the place needs to be updated. The bathrooms are not suited to handle 15-20 people.

We arrived at 1am in thWe arrived at 1am in the morning & had a really warm welcome by Frederico. He showed told us all the hot stuff, made us feel home and helped us out with a beer e morning & had a really warm welcome by Frederico. He showed told us all the hot stuff, made us feel home and helped us out with a beer after a hard day full of travelling. The garden luonge was great, as were the great kitchen and the stuff. If we are back to Sevilla again Garden BP, will be definitely our choice!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Austria

I had the best time at the Garden! The nightly sangria makes it very easy to meet and chat with other travelers, and it leads right into the bar crawl. The staff is also very friendly, and really makes an effort to make you feel welcome. One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Highly recommended.

INCREDIBLE hostel. best i've ever been at. such a nice staff, free sangria, cheap, cooked food. what sets this place apart is that they have everything you could possibly need, free of charge. chargers, headphones, earplugs, hair dryers, converters, sewing kit, board games, TV, guitar, free lockers, everything! amazing common room, garden, and terrace as well. this hostel is more than a hostel, it's a home. only things i didnt like was the location and lack of free breakfast.

The ladies working at The Garden were super sweet and helped my mother and I find places for gelato, lunch, etc. They Ben have me free ear plugs because I forgot mine. Very nice!

• 21st Apr 2014

The Garden Backpacker hostel was a good place to stay. The staff was really helpful and cheerful, the hostel was spacious and well equipped with access to tours, things to do, where to go and plenty of places to sit from the spacious rooftop terrace, to the salon, to the downstairs outdoor area. Plenty of computers that worked quickly, a bunch of bathrooms & a great location not far from the famous "Setas". Great staff, nice location, clean place - no complaints!