The Garden Backpacker Reviews

Santiago 19, Seville, Spain

Great location, great staff, great place and great everything!! Highly recommended!!!

We were here during Semana Santa, and it was great! You could watch processions from the roof of the hostel on the street below. You could get a home cooked meal every night for around 5euros. Very worth it! Gives everyone a chance to get to know each other. Also went on a pub crawl and walking tour with Fillipo, who was great, he is very knowledgable and made everything really fun. I would go back.

An excellent hostel. I especially loved the free sangria in the evenings and the garden. I feel the rooftop terrace should be developed a little more with sun-loungers and more plants (to make the hostel even more amazing) as it was quite sparse compared to the downstairs garden. There were even processions going right past the hostel which was so cool. It is quite nosiy overnight, or maybe it was just my roommates. I didn't sleep well the whole week I was there but oh well. Would stay again!

The city tour with our guide Medi was one of the best we ever had. We ate the offered paella once which was really tasty. Our last day at Seville was the first day of Semana Santa which makes it hard to explore the city if you bump into a procession - but seeing such a procession once is worth it. We enjoyed the stay.

Everything here was fantastic! The staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful and the hostel just felt like a great place to be. It had everything a traveler could possibly hope to find and there were plenty of great opportunities to meet others in the cozy lounge, terrace, and garden.

amazing hostel, kitchen has basically everything and the terasse on the roof is very nice aswell! really enjoyed my stay there... and if you get the chance to do a citytour (offered every day i think) with MEDI, doooo it... very funny guy, who tells you loads about the city!

Thank you for an excellent stay. We loved the activities provided by the Garden, and loved the staff there even more!

• 29th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I ever visited. Especially the bathrooms were a blessing with very good showers, unlimited hopt water and space - altogether awesome place!

• 29th Mar 2014

This is a very nice hostel. All staffs are nice and their advices are details and useful. I will stay this hostel again next time when I am in Seville.

The hostel was fine. Nothing absolutely amazing but nothing terrible either (I've had both), it's right in the middle! I have had friends stay that say they loved it. I think it is very nice and home-y. The free sangria is delicious and the dinners are always delicious, definitely recommend! The walls are a bit thin and the sheets and blankets are also very thin; it gets pretty cold at night which is interesting since it is pretty warm outside. I felt very safe and secure, which is always good.

This hostel was amazing! The staff went out of their way to help us and were all so friendly. It also attracted a really great bunch of people. I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Seville. Phillipe is lovely too!

We had a really awesome time at this hostel. Sophie, the staff member whom we most dealt with, was really lovely and helpful with whatever we needed. The place was clean, the food they had to offer for dinner every night (for a small price) was fantastic, and the kitchen was like we were cooking at home. Sangria hour is an awesome way to meet other travellers, and drink free booze! Haha The best hostel we've stayed at so far. Thanks again!

Fun hostel, met lots of great people. Free sangria(or however it is spelled) is a plus. Went on the free walking tour with Mehdi and loved it, if you like history and you can keep up with a fast pace tour I highly recommend this tour, I learned more with each two hour tour than I did in the rest of my time in Sevilla. Staff is also very fun and helpful.

Nice Hostel with excellent Atmosphere. It's clean and has everything you need. One of the best Hostels I ever stayed.

I absolutely loved the walking tour with Philipo. He was so animated and vibrant! The tour was quite enjoyable with him as our tour guide.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • China

I'm not sure this is the best hostel in Sevilla, but it's definitely a good one

I loved this hostel! The staff was so friendly and welcoming, all the facilities were great, and the garden terrace was such a nice place to hang out. I was traveling alone and had no problem making friends or feeling like a part of a little hostel family. Shadia's dinners were amazing too! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Very central place to stay with an awesome outside courtyard and terrace on the roof. Free Sangria every night between. 7:30 and 8:30! Staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Valentina! Thank you!

• 10th Mar 2014

enjoy the free paella at weekend, and the free sangria at 19:30-20:00

• 9th Mar 2014
  • China

My friend and I arrived at 2 am after a long day of traveling and the front desk assistant was very kind. We were hungry, but all of the food places around were closed, so he said we could have the left over paella, which he heated up for us. When we got up to the room our beds were made for us. We had to catch our train very early in the morning and he gave great directions and then told us we didn't have to strip the beds. Definitely would stay there again if given the chance!

• 9th Mar 2014