9.8
Superb 654 Total Reviews
9.8
Superb 654 Total Reviews
The Ginger Monkey Located at 294 Zdiar, , High Tatras.
Slovakia
High Tatras East Slovakia 294 Zdiar
98% 654
49.2719166 20.2616199
    Rooms available

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
24th Jun 2016
6.0

I can only speak from my experience but when I visited it was male dominated culture. When I asked about the wifi that didn't extend to my room, the response was "you don't come to the mountains for wifi" Another basic hostel necessity is hot water in the showers. I was lucky to get only two of the three days I stayed.

20th Jun 2016

It's a great place to chill and enjoy nature. There's a lovely porch that always have people hanging out, along with Wally the dog and Kevin the cat. Dan is amazing, as are the rest of the staff. The kitchen is nice, and we watched our fair share of horror movies in the lounge. Wifi isn't great, but it just makes everyone hang out more. Plenty of great hiking trails and activities located close by.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
19th Jun 2016

Best hostel atmosphere. I would highly recommend at least a week here. The kitchen and bathrooms are always clean. All the staff are really easy-going, as well as the hostel mascot, Wally :) we would definitely stay again!

• England, Couple, 18-24
10th Jun 2016

What a gem! A true home away from home tucked nsstled in the Slovakian mountains. Dan, the manager, is truly extraordinary - a font of knowledge, enthusiasm and fun. Already planning our return trip!

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jun 2016

An amazing hostel in a beautiful part of the world. Dan is the perfect host with his infinite knowledge of hikes and things to do in the area and along with Wally dog, he makes sure everyone who stays at The Ginger Monkey has a great time and feels at home. I couldn't have asked for a more fun and friendly place to relax in the mountains

• Germany, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2016

Great Hostel in a nice little quiet village directly in the mountains. Nice for hiking and relaxing. Best view from terrace. The host Dan keeps the hostel super clean and knows everything about what to do and where to go. I stayed longer than planned as almost everyone.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2016

Cannot talk highly enough about Ginger Monkey. Really cool looking hostel with a really homely friendly feel. All the guests felt like a big family, amazing views and hiking on the doorstep. Dan the manager is the man and went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and organize activities. The only hostel Ive been too where there is a hostel dog who you can take for walks - wally truly is a dogstar! Close to the best atmosphere Ive experienced in a hostel

• Mr_Mike_Bergstrom
  • USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016

Honestly this hostel was the best experience of my entire trip. I will go back to it again to enjoy the mountains and the people. If you want a communal experience where you know everyone in the hostel by name this is the place to go. I recommend it to anyone and everyone I meet; you will not regret going there. My stay was originally 5 night but I had to extend it to 10. This was heaven on earth, just take a chance and book some nights. Love, Mike, Or, BDM Stay awesome Dan!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jun 2016

Such good vibes! Wonderful hostel, awesome location. It's nice to get out in nature. :)

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
29th May 2016

By far the best hostel we have ever stayed in. It was that good we ended up staying longer than we had initially planned. The ginger monkey is the friendliest place and feels more like a home than a hostel. Dan the hostel manager is an absolute legend and we will definitely be visiting again sometime soon