The Ginger Monkey Reviews

294 Zdiar, High Tatras, Slovakia

Stunning Location. Hostel is extremely clean.. somany things to do in Ždiar. Hostel had a great atmosphere when I was there and was packed full of entertainment for the evening time.

Awesome hostel, really cosy, super clean place in a great location. The staff were amazing also, really good kitchen and yummy breakfast :-)

Awesome people and staff in an excellent location (cheap skiing/snowboarding by the mountains). The people were like a close knit family. Only issue I had was a little more information given about how things work would have been nice. Excellent and highly recommend.

Beautifully nestled in Slovakian, this cosy, comfortable hostel is kept together by some awesome staff who make it like hanging out at your friends house. Chill if yer like, or very cheap but delicious Tetratea if you want to make a night of it....or winepedos (its the altitude). Boarding round the corner was top notch and cheap. Its all good, stay here trust me. Apart from Kevin the cat. Thanks guys!

Best hostel ever if you enjoy being in the company of a load of friendly and chilled people. Manager Ben was brilliantly helpful and hospitable.. lounge was perfect for relaxed chats, group film watchings and drinking.. nice big kitchen for chatting while you cook.. went out for quite a few group meals to some really good local restaurants.. handy local shop for cheap drinks.. free regular ski bus to the nearby pistes.. beautiful scenery.. I suspect I'm going to have to return in summer. :D

This is the best hostel i've ever stayed at. The staff, the people it attracts, the vibe, everything was just awesome! I planned on staying 2 nights and stayed 8.. that says it all really! Miss this place so much. Well worth going completely out of your way for this little gem of a place. Thanks Ben, Diana and Matty!

Signed in especially to leave our first ever Hostel World rating for Ginger Monkey, because their worth it. Great warm welcome straight into a laid-back family atmosphere which meant we ended up extending our stay several times. Great base for the slopes (and Tatra Tea), for which sweet jumpsuits can be borrowed. Best kitchen yet and amazing views.

Love the Ginger Monkey! An amazing place to get outdoors and ski/board! Hostel has a chill, fun and comfortable atmosphere! Staff is friendly and fantastic, especially the Manager Ben and the cleaner Diana!!!!! Extended my stay several times just a great place!!

• 23rd Jan 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Ginger Monkey. The staff were friendly and knowledgable about the area and it really did feel like you were at home. I fully recommend this hostel to anybody.

Fantastic value for money! Make sure to visit Humno on the weekend! :)

Awesome hostel, brilliant atmosphere - it felt more like staying at a friends house than in a hostel. Couldn't fault it on anything - it's squeaky clean, the breakfast is lovely, people are great, skiing nearby is super cheap. 5 stars. Don't pass it up!

• 10th Jan 2015

Best hostel we have stayed at ever and we have stayed at a lot of hostels! It feels like being at home due to its warm, relaxed atmosphere. We arrived at dark after a long journey and were greeted with hot chocolate. The staff were great and fully participative in hostel life - we all went out for pizza the first night. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and a fully functioning large kitchen. Short walk to decent ski fields. Cheap groceries at bottom of driveway. A highly memorable experience!

Awesome staff and a stunning location. This felt more like staying at a friend's house than a hostel.

Great hostel, the guys working there make you feel like you are at home. Toast and coffee/tea for breakfast. Great location with views of the tatras from the porch and a bunch of walks nearby. The beds aren't to most comfortable though and mine was difficult to get into without waking the whole dorm.

They have everything you want! A dog, a cat, nice breakfast, a huge film collection and amazing staff! I had a great time :)

Amazing hostel! Absolutely adorable, situated in a little town in the beautiful mountains. There are heaps of walks to do nearby along the river and through the mountains. Breakfast is included and delicious, staff are so helpful and hang out with you so the hostel has a great vibe. The doors don't lock but the town is totally safe so it's fine. There's a supermarket nearby. This place is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Me and my friends had an awesome stay, we felt so welcome, like at home! Super friendly and helpful staff that did eveything in order to make us enjoy our stay:) The surroundings are soooo nice and we could go for an amazing hike directly from the hostel. We wish we could have stayed longer, Thanks again, we will definitely come back !!

Immediately felt at home and welcome by Koby and Ben offering tea, hot chocolate or a beer. Rooms are fine and the showers are even better, always hot and great pressure. Breakfast was free of charge every day which is fresh farm eggs and toast. Probably my favourite hostel based on the great staff and how comfortable I felt at all times, they even have a dog and cat to chill with! If I had my time again I'd stay a week..

Fantastic hostel! Ben and koby were the best guys and made you feel immediately at home. The hostel was easily the best I have stayed at and my friends all agreed. Leaving this place was the only bad thing! Until next time!

I am alittle upset that hostelworld's best option for this stay was "excellent" as that is such an understatement. Our stay at the ginger monkey was by far the most amazing stop of our 4 month trip so far. The homily like hostel is kept to an immaculate standard and is swept, scrubbed and cleant more than is needed everyday. The staff- Ben, John and Coby have to be the best hostel workers we have come across and have now resulted in a great friendship. The ginger monkey is a must do