The Ginger Monkey Reviews

294 Zdiar, High Tatras, Slovakia

Great hostel, the guys working there make you feel like you are at home. Toast and coffee/tea for breakfast. Great location with views of the tatras from the porch and a bunch of walks nearby. The beds aren't to most comfortable though and mine was difficult to get into without waking the whole dorm.

They have everything you want! A dog, a cat, nice breakfast, a huge film collection and amazing staff! I had a great time :)

Amazing hostel! Absolutely adorable, situated in a little town in the beautiful mountains. There are heaps of walks to do nearby along the river and through the mountains. Breakfast is included and delicious, staff are so helpful and hang out with you so the hostel has a great vibe. The doors don't lock but the town is totally safe so it's fine. There's a supermarket nearby. This place is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Me and my friends had an awesome stay, we felt so welcome, like at home! Super friendly and helpful staff that did eveything in order to make us enjoy our stay:) The surroundings are soooo nice and we could go for an amazing hike directly from the hostel. We wish we could have stayed longer, Thanks again, we will definitely come back !!

Immediately felt at home and welcome by Koby and Ben offering tea, hot chocolate or a beer. Rooms are fine and the showers are even better, always hot and great pressure. Breakfast was free of charge every day which is fresh farm eggs and toast. Probably my favourite hostel based on the great staff and how comfortable I felt at all times, they even have a dog and cat to chill with! If I had my time again I'd stay a week..

Fantastic hostel! Ben and koby were the best guys and made you feel immediately at home. The hostel was easily the best I have stayed at and my friends all agreed. Leaving this place was the only bad thing! Until next time!

I am alittle upset that hostelworld's best option for this stay was "excellent" as that is such an understatement. Our stay at the ginger monkey was by far the most amazing stop of our 4 month trip so far. The homily like hostel is kept to an immaculate standard and is swept, scrubbed and cleant more than is needed everyday. The staff- Ben, John and Coby have to be the best hostel workers we have come across and have now resulted in a great friendship. The ginger monkey is a must do

Love this place. Stunning scenery, great atmosphere, friendly staff (including Wally the dog, and Kevin the cat). You are immediately welcomed and made to feel like a member of a family. It can be a little bit of trek to reach this place but totally worth it once you're there. I shall return.

It's a bit of a hike to get to, but once you're here be prepared to continually ask to stay extra nights because there's so much to do and the people here make you feel like home. I booked two nights, I stayed five. Good kitchen for cooking, living room with tv, breakfast included, movie nights, places to eat within walking distance, easy access to the bus station for day trips, Wally and Kevin the hostel dog and cat. Loved it!

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Lovely place; zdiar is a beautiful tiny village. The hostel is set a little up a hill and the views of the mountains are amazing. Good starting point for a 7 hour hike or short easy bus rides to other hikes such as the polish lakes. The staff who were managing the hostel when I was there (Ben and John) are great laid back guys and I felt welcomed and part of the family straight away. We all went out for dinner together each night. Great value for a basic all you need hostel :)

Fantastic place. Staff are friendly and helpful and facilities are good. There are some amazingly beautiful walks in this area and it is definitely worth vsiting here.

This is a great hostel - really friendly and encourages a homely atmosphere. They have lots of info about what you can do. Its a bit out of the way, but easily accessible once you know what you're doing.

The atmosphere is what makes this hostel a great place to stay. It is really chilled and more like a home from home. It is a brilliant place to relax in beautiful settings and plenty of ideas for activities, wish we'd have stayed longer!

Stay here!! You will not be disappointed!

Best hostel ever! I was planning on staying 3 nights and ended up extending my stay twice. The Ginger Monkey feels like home and the location is breathtaking; you have endless possibilities for hikes and day trips. Lovely staff and guests as well, totally recommended!!

Cool place, very cosy and warm. Pitty that wally was sick when we were there and that the paintball company didn't excist anymore :p

What can I say? This is the best hostel in the world? That is true but it is an understatement. You couldn't wish for anything more in a place to stay. The location is breathtaking. The staff are unbelievable. Wally is a gorgeous little beast. There's so much to do! Never have I felt more welcome. I've made friends for life here and I definitely will return one day! Love Jesse James

It is just a super chill relaxed place and the staff is very friendly, helpful and will take you for dinner or beers. I great place to meet other backpackers and just have a city break.

One of the best hostels in the world. Booked for 4 nights and stayed for 8.

You can stop looking, this is the best hostel there is.