The Grapes Reviews

47 Market Street, Manchester, England

Friendly staff, good atmosphere and little bit lack of cleanliness. The worst thing is the location. It is too far from the city centre. So you spend one hour and half to get the touristic attractions.

A bit far away from the city centre, but a good price for a nice stay. Nice beds, clean showers and a kitchen with coffee in the morning.

The Grapes, Kearsley is a pub 20 mins from Manchester Victora by commuter train offering very comfortable accommodation with a quiet, congenial ambience. Reasonably fast free wifi available and free parking. Comfortable beds. Bar downstairs busy on Sat nights, but the "noise intrusion" was suprisingly minimal. Overall, despite location, I had a pleasant stay. Convenience store and rail/bus links nearby.

Really easy to find and when we got there the rooms were really clean and comfortable and unbeaten on price.

• 13th Dec 2014

This hostel style facility is an odd proposition. Very cheap but sort of in the middle of nowhere. Huge spacious rooms available but with absolute bare minimum inside them. The staff are excellent and very welcoming.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

I reserved a two beds room with en-suite bathroom. Owners wanted me to go to their own house first and second in another room without bath ensuite. I rejected, and they finally gave me the room I reserved: dirty, unchanged furniture and with the toilet obstructed. I didn't try to have a shower since it was really horrifying. Moreover, it was a pub and they had loud music till 2.30 am with karaoke included! THE WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.

Although it's far from inner Manchester, it's worth a night's stay. Take the train from Victoria station to Kearsley and u're almost at it

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Even though we arrived late because we had decided to go out in the centre of Manchester first, they waited for us with the room ready.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

I recently returned from a trip to Manchester during which I was attending a course in the city. Despite the fact that The Grapes is 20mins from the city by train, I still saved a fortune staying here, and totally enjoyed my stay even though it was brief. The staff (and locals!) were very welcoming and friendly and helped me organise my transport for the weekend. The rooms may seem basic for some but I found my room fine; very clean and such a comfy bed, I'd definitely stay here again :) yay!

• 21st Nov 2014

Awful! Worst place I've ever seen! Organised a pick up for my canadian cousin and both their cars apparently broke leaving him stranded in the city centre. Got to the grapes at 17.30 and the room wasn't ready. Got in to the twin ensuite room we booked and the shower was in the room without a door! The bedding was as thin as sheets and no towels are provided. The stairs at the back are rotted and there's car window glass all over the car park with fag packs etc. Not safe!

• 18th Nov 2014

Staff are really helpful! Comfortable place to stay and in a good location:)

• 8th Nov 2014

hi i wish to complain the grapes wasnt a hotel it was a pub and bec.of thet i find myself out standing on the middle of the night with my child without place to stay you should be checking what went wrong why you have this place under the hotel witch is not

• 11th Oct 2014