The Grapes Reviews

47 Market Street, Manchester, England

Was a lovely place comfy beds and plenty of space. When we moved the beds away from the wall there was mess behind almost every bed. But oter then that a wonderful place.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

I paid well over the odds for a 3 bed room, and for a little more probably could have afforded a hotel room. I think a hotel room would have been significantly better kept, maintained and presented. Room hadn't seen a Hoover for a while, the floor had pieces of board missing and was hazardous, particularly on the emergency escape stair case which also was completely water logged due to a rain water leak. I have stayed in many hostels and was not expecting 5 star, but overall highly disappointed

Excellent value for money. Super friendly welcome from Nino!:)

Staff very helpful and happy to sort out any problems!

• 6th Jan 2016

Great staff and hospitality. Make me felt at home! Cheers nino!

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Very friendly staff!

• 4th Dec 2015
  • India

The staff went above & beyond to make my stay enjoyable thanks a million guys.

• 4th Dec 2015

Comfy, clean and excellent staff that offered a pickup service. Couldn't have been more helpful. Good, reasonably priced food also.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Northern Ireland

All the members all the staff were really kind and helpull with us but cleanliness could be better! Good for the price but you need to take a bus or taxi to go to Manchester Central but the staff can dropp you to there for a good price!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Very friendly and welcoming staff, who went out of their way to make my trip better. A lovely quaint pub setup with the real heart of Manchester. A bit far from the city centre but good public transport options. Rooms were spacious and well-maintained

• 18th Nov 2015

Really friendly staff and nice local people!! Though it is a little far from city center, it is worthwhile to enjoy a night with so many amazing people. Love the atmosphere SO MUCH! Definitely want to visit again when travel to Manchester next time.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • China

The staff are friendly but the hostel is not as advertised . I booked a twin en suite room to myself. I expected the room to be basic because of the price and word hostel but it was filthy. My room was absolutely grimy and wasn't en suite. I had to use the the communal bathroom , the door didn't shut properly and didn't have a lock so I didn't feel able to have a shower. Really disappointed . No heating on in November either, had to use both duvets on one bed as it was freezing.

This place is dangerous. Once the pub closed for the night, we were locked in. We were not told how to leave the pub the next day or about fire procedure, where to go or how to get out. We found the fire escape as this was the only way out on Sunday. The stairs down to the exit are soaking wet, and last 2 steps have disintergrated as so wet, damp. It was a fall risk, especially when carrying bags as stairs covered in carpet and not observable. There was no heating in room - cold and damp.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

the staff were friendly and helpful, cheers

• 6th Nov 2015

Just what to say a big thank to Will and staff for their hospitality and kindness during my one night stay at the Grapes.

• 28th Oct 2015

Very good hostel at this cost, Owner n Staff very freindly. Enjoyed our stay. :)

• 24th Oct 2015
  • India

Very cool staff, Will is very friendly! The place was clean and very well maintaned. No complaints about my stay at The Grapes!

Great people and very cheap! Highly recommended!!

• 16th Oct 2015

Shout out to Will for driving around city three times to pick us up from a gig! Such friendly staff.

• 9th Oct 2015

The hostel has a pub downstairs so we had a noise night and people screaming like 1,2am in the morning. We're disapointed about everything to be honest, since the distance which is miles away from the city centre, the kitchen was very very dirty. About the room, was well presented fair to say but the matreess is old.

• 26th Sep 2015