The Grapevine

Good 278 Total Reviews

• England, All Male Group, 31-40
22nd Sep 2017
4.6

If they are going for 'Crackden chic' then they nailed it. Probably the worse hostel I've ever stayed in anywhere in the world and I've stayed in some dumps. Great location though

9th Sep 2017

I expected the worst after reading other reviews, but it wasn't that bad. I was in a 6 bed dorm with ensuite bathroom. Yes, the building is old, the carpet has stains on it and the windows are not the most modern/best but all in all it was clean. The staircases are extremely narrow and some of the fire doors are pretty hard to open. Not sure if it's that safe when there's actually an emergency. I didn't use the kitchen/common room, so I don't know how the overall atmosphere in the hostel is.

• India, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2017
4.3

This property is no where similar to the pictures they show while booking. Cleanliness is bad. Not worth the money we paid for the weekend. Dont trust the pictures they upload!

1st Sep 2017
8.0

I had a room with a great view of the beach, the bar /restaurant on the ground floor and the street made it a bit noisy. Located close to the lanes with all the pubs and bars, only a short walk from the train station

• Israel, Male, 25-30
25th Aug 2017
6.0

Dirty place and only one toilet and shower per floor, don't know how many are in a floor but definitely more than 10...

• s_matthews9
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
8th Aug 2017
7.1

The location was amazing and the staff was fantastic, very helpful and went above and beyond. The hostel site says there is wifi but doesn't state it's only in the common area and not the rooms. It is a very old building so the cleanliness isn't great, the carpets are a little scary and windows could do with some care. Also you can feel all the coils in the mattresses....

• England, Female, 25-30
24th Jul 2017
5.4

I wasn't too pleased with this hostel for the following reasons - uncomfortable beds, squeaky floors, I had to carry my bag up about 7 flights of narrow steps. I wasn't aware my room would be seafront facing which had nice views but then there's a nightclub directly opposite so there were screaming people outside until 3am. There also was no atmosphere and when asking about lockers they said that the rooms 'should be safe' so I did not feel my stuff was secure.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

Our stay was amazing, the only real problem I had was that the bathroom was dirtier than I otherwise would have liked. Noise from the street was an irritant, but an easily acceptable trade off with where I stayed last year which was 40 minutes out from the town. Staff were helpful and pleasant, kitchen and lounge area was clean and tidy and friendly.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
4.0

Paid to much for what it was. Wifi didn't work. Zero security. Great location. Ok staff. Toilets were to small. Had to pay a deposit which we were not aware of. Had to hire anything and everything including cutlery.

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
2.9

Terrible place, please don't stay there.

×