The Grapevine Reviews

75/76 Middle Street, Brighton, Brighton, England

My friend and I managed to stay in our own room, which also had a bathroom. Room very basic (another pillow would of been nice as they're very flat), and was clean. Staff were helpful at reception. The only issue we had was the noise. Got woken up a lot throughout the night by others coming in and out of the hostel, lots of shouting/drunken behaviour.

• 27th Sep 2014

The staff was really nice and helpful! Unfortunately it was incredibly noisy at night and very hard to sleep... Loud music and yelling people until the early morning (even during the week). And it didn't make a difference with a closed window because it didn't close properly. It's hard to find enough cutlery in the kitchen and it closes very early (8pm). There's only internet in the main building and it's way too slow. So if you really need it(e.g. for work), you have to go to an internet cafe

Absolutely love it there. Would be better if the kitchen had 24hr access though as some people work late hours.

• 16th Sep 2014

It was the most awful weekend I ever had in my life, I have been to Berlin and I've stayed at hostel but to compare German quality to this will take ages, first there is no lockers, no safety other than you hope that ur room martes is not tkaibgbur stuff, the window is broken and the beds woolly, the sheets are dirty, I'm short guy but boy that what they call toilet was smaller than a dog house, and no sink, the shower is one! For inter place and tgeyknow they don't work!

Only 2 plugs in an 8 person room. Apart from that it was fine.

• 18th Jul 2014

Hostel smells, the bathrooms smell of urine and the bathroom on our part of the hostel didn't even have a basin to wash your hands.let alone brush your teeth. .There is a sink in the room but is squashed in behind the beds and impossible to access. The wifi was slower than dial up. The location is good ... however the down side is you get kept up all night with the shouting and domestics outside on the street.

It was a good stay. Perfect location, walking distance of everything. They only thing is the value of money. £30 per night for an averge hostel without a bathroom with in the room and wifi was a bit shakey.

• 11th Jul 2014

I've really enjoyed my staying in Brighton and people at the hostel were very nice!

Great location. Friendly staff. Met some cool people and had an awesome time!

Had to pay quite a high price for 2 days and also had to pay for the whole weekend ( minimum2 nights ) ,comparing with other people who paid £80 for a whole week. Glad though that@ the end I was received £20 back( my warranty paid in advance) , eventually I decided to stay one more night as felt tired to travel back to London , had to pay another £10 which was cheap, indeed. Lovely staff, Laura was very nice by calling me in time with details about my arrival , was brilliant, lovely staff. X

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Romania

The staff were very rude and unwelcoming from the outset. The room is very basic and completely overpriced for what it is. The window didn't close properly so the room was freezing at night. They refused to give us our deposit back because apparently we caused some leaking to the floor below using the shower, CRUMMY PLUMBING IS NOT OUR FAULT AND WE WERE ROBBED OF £40!! I strongly recommend you pay a couple of pounds more and choose one of the many other hostels in Brighton.

• 16th Jun 2014