The Grapevine

Good 223 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 31-40
29th Dec 2016
6.0

My partner and I stayed in a twin for one night and it was reasonable. Room had two small single beds, no funature in room. No towel in small bathroom, there was soap. 24 hour cheap restaurant next door, hostel reception closed early and few people about, no atmosphere. near a pub. Located in central Bright and 20 minute walk to train station and near the beach. Only one heater in room and not working at night, so cold in December-March.

• England, Couple, 18-24
22nd Oct 2016

We had a great stay. Perfect location and really helpful staff. Would absolutely recommend.

• South Africa, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Oct 2016
4.6

The hostel is on the seafront so close to the pier etc. but sleep is impossible. There is a 24 hour bar/ restaurant below the rooms and there is constant yelling and fighting coming from outside that started at 3am and only quitened down at 7am. The mattresses are awful, all you can feel are the springs digging into your back and you are given very thin, useless pillows. The bathroom has one towel in a 6 bed room and there are no rubbish bins. Is manageable if only spending the one night.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
15th Oct 2016
8.0

The bed was very uncomfortable and there was no running water on our floor except the showers, otherwise the location was great, personally I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Oct 2016

Ever since my first booking at Grapevine whenever I am in Brighton I don't stay at any other place. This has become something of a tradition that as long as they remain open I will ensure to keep up. Grapevine is a very special hostel that's exceptional value for money, safe, and just what you want in a hostel, cleaning issues but nothing major. It's in a busy part of the city yet you'll have no problem with peace and quiet, quite simple there's only one place I'll stay and that Grapevine.

• England, Female, 25-30
1st Oct 2016

Basic but did the job, brilliant location, very friendly staff.

• helenadavid3606242
  • England, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
28th Sep 2016
4.9

The hostel is centrally located in Brighton with a good kitchen. Unfortunately I was sharing the room with a female member of staff that would get drunk each night I asked the receptionist if I could change dormitories and was asked to leave and had my booking cancelled fortunately HW refunded me. Bathrooms OK, Mattress need to be replaced, and reception hours need to be extended after 8pm. Did meet some friendly travellers in the dorm and the kitchen.

• Greece, Female, 31-40
23rd Aug 2016
4.6

It was the most horrible hostel I have ever stayed in, in my life. It was dirty, even filthy in some places, unclean windows, old dirty carpets, even the walls were dirty. No decorations, old building, furniture the cheapest of the cheap, the double beds were shaking and made of cheap railing, similar to curtain railing. I am 70 kg, I though the bed is going to collapse on the person underneath me. The reception area was nice, so was the lounge, the kitchen though was like a restaurant kitchen.