6.0
Good 219 Total Reviews
6.0
Good 219 Total Reviews
The Grapevine Located at 75/76 Middle Street, Brighton, Brighton.
England
Brighton BN1 1AL 75/76 Middle Street, Brighton
60% 219
50.8206316 -0.1432943
    Rooms available

• South Africa, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Oct 2016
4.6

The hostel is on the seafront so close to the pier etc. but sleep is impossible. There is a 24 hour bar/ restaurant below the rooms and there is constant yelling and fighting coming from outside that started at 3am and only quitened down at 7am. The mattresses are awful, all you can feel are the springs digging into your back and you are given very thin, useless pillows. The bathroom has one towel in a 6 bed room and there are no rubbish bins. Is manageable if only spending the one night.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
15th Oct 2016
8.0

The bed was very uncomfortable and there was no running water on our floor except the showers, otherwise the location was great, personally I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Oct 2016

Ever since my first booking at Grapevine whenever I am in Brighton I don't stay at any other place. This has become something of a tradition that as long as they remain open I will ensure to keep up. Grapevine is a very special hostel that's exceptional value for money, safe, and just what you want in a hostel, cleaning issues but nothing major. It's in a busy part of the city yet you'll have no problem with peace and quiet, quite simple there's only one place I'll stay and that Grapevine.

1st Oct 2016

Basic but did the job, brilliant location, very friendly staff.

• helenadavid3606242
  • England, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
28th Sep 2016
4.9

The hostel is centrally located in Brighton with a good kitchen. Unfortunately I was sharing the room with a female member of staff that would get drunk each night I asked the receptionist if I could change dormitories and was asked to leave and had my booking cancelled fortunately HW refunded me. Bathrooms OK, Mattress need to be replaced, and reception hours need to be extended after 8pm. Did meet some friendly travellers in the dorm and the kitchen.

• Greece, Female, 31-40
23rd Aug 2016
4.6

It was the most horrible hostel I have ever stayed in, in my life. It was dirty, even filthy in some places, unclean windows, old dirty carpets, even the walls were dirty. No decorations, old building, furniture the cheapest of the cheap, the double beds were shaking and made of cheap railing, similar to curtain railing. I am 70 kg, I though the bed is going to collapse on the person underneath me. The reception area was nice, so was the lounge, the kitchen though was like a restaurant kitchen.

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2016
5.7

Our room was very very dirty, didn't seem like it had been cleaned in weeks. We had to sleep on top of our own towels as we didn't trust the bedding. The shower water stunk like sewage and was either boiling hot or freezing. There was also mould on the ceiling in our room.

5th Aug 2016
6.3

Not very clean and only one toilet/shower for over 20 people+ Ideal location very close to seafront and the bars

• rosscollr7377
  • England, Male, 25-30
25th Jun 2016
4.6

dirty, staff dont put any effort into cleaning the rooms. Small simple changes could make this place actually worth staying in.

22nd Jun 2016

Staff are excellent as is the atmosphere and location. Facilities are ok except the sink in the room was broken and there was no other sink on our floor so washing hands after bathroom and brushing teeth was a hassle. I'm not sure when the floor was last hoovered it's pretty dirty but for a price as dirt cheap as it was it was overall more than satisfactory.