The Great Wall Box House Reviews

No. Jia 18, XiDui Main Street, Gubeikou Village, Beijing, China

This quaint B

• 11th Jul 2014

Loved this place. Right next to great wall. Must stay if in beijing!

Wow! I was so impressed. The Great Wall Box house goes out of their way for you. They made us a delicious dinner, helped us find the best hikes, sat and talked with us about the town, and much much more. The facilities are really nice. We stayed as a group of 6 in the 6 person room and it was very spacious and comfortable! Bathrooms were clean and very accommodating. Others mentioned the cats, which there are many. I brought some Benadryl and it helped me fine. I plan on staying again soon

• 22nd Jun 2014

Our family of four had a wonderful break at the Great Wall Box Hostel over the weekend (21 - 23 Jun 2014). The place was quiet and restful, and the staff truly went out of their way to ensure that all was well. We loved the tame and very clean cats - they can really pose for photo shots ! We loved the cleanliness of the place, and the peaceful and scenic environs, and the chance to interact with guests from various countries. The climb up the Great Wall was a memorable adventure for us !

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Singapore

awesome stay, i love the food here, fresh and delicious, staff here is very friendly.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • China

The best place I stayed while traveling in China. A little effort is required to get there but makes the experience so much sweeter. Welcomed by name when arriving adds a great personal touch to the experience. You really do feel like part of a family while staying there, and it's really hard to leave! I'm hesitant to recommend this place to everyone because I want to keep it to myself! If you're even half interested in the Great wall, or just a relaxing time, The Great Wall Box House is a must!

Best stay ever!!! The place is so cool and the hiking is amazing. The food was awesome and the host was so gracious. She actually helped me retrieve my lost debit card! I would not have been able to do it on my own! Ty sooo much GWBH!!!

A truly great place, very hospitable and it can give a wonderful opportunity to experience Great Wall.

One of the best places I've ever stayed at! If you are going to see the Great Wall then this is the place to stay. The surrounding area seem to be targeted for development though so go now while it still has its charm.

This was the best hostel I ever was. I came from Beijing and I was really happy to be in this lovely hostel. I highly recommend the great wall box house!! Beside, good news: they will open a hostel like this in guilin!

A very nice place managed by a very good staff. The location close to a wild and original part of the Great Wall is magic. Our room was amazing with its own fire place. We only regret we have spent only 1 night there. A good experience if you are in Beijing and if you like the sporty walking !

• 3rd May 2014

The hostel was really nice. The owner was very helpful and friendly. The dinner was really good and the beds were really comfortable. It was a great place to hike the Great Wall.

Everything was just fine - just the beds where Futton Beds and a bit hard for us. When it comes to cleaness and atmosphere it is terrific. The free dinner with everybody is a great touch and you get to know other travellers. I just think it is a tiny bit overprized.

Amazing staff and they cooked great food! The family atmosphere added to the fun and you make great new friends!

• 21st Apr 2014

Amazing experience , Monica very efficient and good communicator. The woman who cooks was exceptional. I can't say enough about her vegetarian healthy cuisine, as well as her beautiful greetings each day. A sheer pleasure to stay , and like being in a luxury hotel. I wish a better map of trails, but perhaps this is an outdoor experience.

Hong was very amiable and helpful. She even walked all the way the start of our short trek since it was a bit tough to locate. The food was very good. If you are allergic to cats it's not the best place to be (fortunately, we are not). The bathroom facilities were extremely clean and it was quite a treat to have dry floors in the WC as well as heated toilet seats! It was a bit hard to heat our large room but overall the place was way above par in comparison to other places we have stayed.