The Great Wall Box House Reviews

No. Jia 18, XiDui Main Street, Gubeikou Village, Beijing, China

The quality of the hotel is very high and I had a very pleasant time while being there.

This place is unreal! We fell into a bad situation with a dishonest cab driver on our way to the hostel and the staff did everything they could to help our situation and get us there safely. We were greeted with hugs and fresh fruit. The hostel itself is immaculate. We could have stayed for weeks! Our Great Wall treks were indescribable. We were the only people on the long stretch of original wall. You will not find a better place to relax and enjoy the wall. Thank you so much!

The staff were extremely helpful. It's in a gorgeous spot wedged in a tiny town between mountains, a river, and an older part of the wall. The included diner was tastey. The but-heated toilet seats were a lovely surprise. Everything was clean and quaint. I highly recommend.

Such a gem! I highly recommend that anyone go here if they want to escape the typical tourist places of the wall and experience it in a much more refreshing and eye opening way. The staff was fabulous and very accommodating.

We had a fantastic stay with the Great Wall right in front of the guesthouse (you need a taxi for some other parts though). The place is an oasis of tranquility and we didn't want to leave. Highly recommendable. reachable by public transport but takes 3hr from Beijing bus station in the best case.

Lovely hostel. The staff is very friendly and look well after you

It was a fantastic stay, right next to the Great Wall and the staff were very informative about walking trails....they even gave us a phone incase we got lost! Breakfast/lunch food items and drinks were a little expensive although the vegetarian evening meal included in the room price was excellent. Lovely and quiet but with good wifi.

• 28th Jul 2014

Excellent! Awesome service, great rooms, good food. Second time here :)

This quaint B

• 11th Jul 2014

Loved this place. Right next to great wall. Must stay if in beijing!

Wow! I was so impressed. The Great Wall Box house goes out of their way for you. They made us a delicious dinner, helped us find the best hikes, sat and talked with us about the town, and much much more. The facilities are really nice. We stayed as a group of 6 in the 6 person room and it was very spacious and comfortable! Bathrooms were clean and very accommodating. Others mentioned the cats, which there are many. I brought some Benadryl and it helped me fine. I plan on staying again soon

Our family of four had a wonderful break at the Great Wall Box Hostel over the weekend (21 - 23 Jun 2014). The place was quiet and restful, and the staff truly went out of their way to ensure that all was well. We loved the tame and very clean cats - they can really pose for photo shots ! We loved the cleanliness of the place, and the peaceful and scenic environs, and the chance to interact with guests from various countries. The climb up the Great Wall was a memorable adventure for us !

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Singapore

awesome stay, i love the food here, fresh and delicious, staff here is very friendly.

The best place I stayed while traveling in China. A little effort is required to get there but makes the experience so much sweeter. Welcomed by name when arriving adds a great personal touch to the experience. You really do feel like part of a family while staying there, and it's really hard to leave! I'm hesitant to recommend this place to everyone because I want to keep it to myself! If you're even half interested in the Great wall, or just a relaxing time, The Great Wall Box House is a must!

Best stay ever!!! The place is so cool and the hiking is amazing. The food was awesome and the host was so gracious. She actually helped me retrieve my lost debit card! I would not have been able to do it on my own! Ty sooo much GWBH!!!

A truly great place, very hospitable and it can give a wonderful opportunity to experience Great Wall.

One of the best places I've ever stayed at! If you are going to see the Great Wall then this is the place to stay. The surrounding area seem to be targeted for development though so go now while it still has its charm.

This was the best hostel I ever was. I came from Beijing and I was really happy to be in this lovely hostel. I highly recommend the great wall box house!! Beside, good news: they will open a hostel like this in guilin!

A very nice place managed by a very good staff. The location close to a wild and original part of the Great Wall is magic. Our room was amazing with its own fire place. We only regret we have spent only 1 night there. A good experience if you are in Beijing and if you like the sporty walking !

• 3rd May 2014

The hostel was really nice. The owner was very helpful and friendly. The dinner was really good and the beds were really comfortable. It was a great place to hike the Great Wall.