The Green Backpackers

Superb 157 Total Reviews
Superb 157 Total Reviews

3rd Sep 2017

Great clean friendly hostel, with a real homey feel to it. Staff was very nice and helpful with hiking advice. The hostel is in a perfect location right next to the cliff and the beginning of great hiking trails. If you like hiking - make sure to have at least 2 full days for hiking. One night is really not enough for this place.

• USA, Male, 31-40
9th Jul 2017
5.7

I would not stay here again if you paid me. The room did not have air conditioning in the summer, which is an absurd proposition. The value for a double room was simply not present considering the lack of air conditioning, and the fact that everything in the accommodation was shared, including the bathroom.

I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at our hostel. It is even more regrettable that I only found out about this bad experience after you left. I would have provided you with an extra fan, or even moved you to a different room, if only you had let us know, at any point during your stay, about your discomfort. Mentioning something to any staff member the next morning, or sending me a quick email, might not have fixed anything, but I could have at least, and surely would have, offered you a refund: A good night's rest is what you came to us for, and apparently did not receive. I wish we knew at the time so we could have improved your experience.

30th Jun 2017

Perfect hostel. Super nice staff and owners, very chilled out place, really clean and comfortable. Shabbat dinner was great also. The hiking around the Ramon Crater (approx 1 minute walk from the hostel) and around the national park is amazing. If you visit Israel this area should be top of your list. Lee knows the area really well and gave me excellent advice on what trails to follow.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
30th May 2017

I literally couldn't say anything more positive about it here. Steps away from crater, thoughtful and knowledgeable staff, great bathroom, awesome kitchen. Plan to spend a few days here to really take advantage of the hiking and having an awesome place to rest up .

• USA, Couple, 41+
4th May 2017

Green Backpackers is a fabulous place to stay. The staff is welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful . The facilities are very nice, clean, comfortable, with a well equipped kitchen. My husband and I had a private room with en suite bath, possibly the only one they have. The room, was small, but was lovely, at the level of a nice hotel. The dorm rooms looked nice as well. The owners are experienced travel guides and provide information about everything there is to do in the area, especially hiking.

• Israel, Male, 41+
13th Apr 2017

I and my wife stayed at the hostel for two nights. The accommodations were comfortable and sharing the bathroom was never a problem. Although we were much older than the usual guests, we found the experience, especially the interaction with diverse group of young people from many countries, very satisfying. Thumbs up!

8th Apr 2017
5.4

Owner sent us on an ambiguous hike on a day I had to catch a flight (she was aware of), with a v poor map and assured us the routes were easy to follow. She didn't mention that there are many trails marked in the same colour, which are not on her hostel map. We ended up lost in the desert for 8h instead of 3 after taking a different "blue trail" and I missed my flight to UK, costing me £600. Highly irresponsible giving out incorrect maps and not mentioning other trails of same colour.

First I would like to say I am very sorry you missed your flight, and I can understand your frustration over such a substantial financial loss and delay. That being said I feel that your review did not reflect your experience at our hostel, its facilities and amenities, and you rated us solely on the fact that you got lost. I personally took the time to sit and talk you through the hike, which hundreds of people do every season, and highlighted the trail on your map. I did this specifically because I was aware of your flight and I wanted to make sure that you were well briefed. This popular hike also appears on the official NegevTrails.com website, but it was important to me to make sure you weren't just following some written description and could ask questions if necessary. The map you were given is not a "hostel map". It is used by numerous hotels and B&Bs in the area and even by the national park service. Many travelers use it regularly, with no trouble. It would be great if you could email me the specifics of the misunderstanding you had so I can pass it along for the next edition. Since future guests will be reading this response I want to take the opportunity to stress that when hiking in the desert, if you suspect you got lost the best idea is to GO BACK. I'm sorry you got so lost, but wandering for hours in the desert wasn't the only option the five of you had- there is good cellphone coverage throughout most of that area and the map you were given has the phone number of the park service, the police and most easily- the hostel. Our staff would have been happy to assist.

×