The Greenhouse Reviews

PO Box 14888, Arusha, Tanzania

I absolutely loved the Greenhouse! Very friendly and helpful staff. They made me feel at home as soon as I arrived. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Arusha.

• 16th Dec 2015

I absolutely loved my time at The Greenhouse! It really feels like a home away from home. The staff is warm and helpful and mingle with the guests. They provide volunteer opportunities and day trips and do everything they can to make guests comfortable and happy. If I find myself in Arusha again there is no doubt about where I'll be staying! Thanks to Benson, Steph, Lucy, Ayubu and all the staff that made my stay so enjoyable!

• 5th Dec 2015

The people are what make this hostel. They are so amazing and friendly and helpful and wonderful. They are the best. The things that I wish I knew before going: 1.) Over half the guests are long term volunteers... Making coming in as a solo traveler slightly odd 2.) The food is all vegetarian, and 3.) Often there isn't enough of it for everyone to eat, and 4.) it's very simple fare: Rice w some cucumbers or Plain pasta with some tomato sauce. However the people are still amazing!!

• 4th Dec 2015

This is an awesome place! If you are - traveling by yourself and like to meet people - are vegan or vegetarian, because there is 3 vegan very tasty meals a day included. It is a bit far from the city and the sights, so it depends what you are looking for.

Very welcoming and family-like atmosphere, Lucy cooks great Tanzanian food.

The Greenhouse has a great vibe, very communal. I met lovely people there, both staff and guests. I did have a strange experience about money though. I was asked to pay 60 USD for a trip that cost USD 7, allegedly as a donation to the village to which I had already given USD 50. It was pretty weird so if you go on any trips, make sure you know exactly how much you pay and what for.