The Greenhouse Reviews

PO Box 14888, Arusha, Tanzania

After 8 months traveling, Arusha was my first place in Africa, and like every foreigner that arrives in Africa i was concerned how it would be. But at The Greenhouse i found a place that`s make me feel home! The owner Benson is a great person, as all the other people who work here. Meals are included and the food is great. The hostel is pretty clean. Staff will help you to have a good time in Arusha. They also have a great social work at the community! Definitely recommend the hostel!

Benson runs a great traveller's house. Me and gf stayed 2 nights and we had a great rest with nice bed and great protective mosquito-net + homely living room. The food is simple and filling and Benson took time to watch a football game with me in the local pub. Place is a bit out of town (20min Daladala distance) but perfect if you need a few days' relaxation. Good solid wifi as well always a plus!

Great hostel! Don't be put off by its location, it was primarily set up for volunteers and the owner felt that this location (local area) would add to the experience, easy enough to get around on daladalas in the day but a struggle with luggage but the hostel can pick you from the bus station or the airport! A family feeling in this hostel, and was great to talk to benson about the volunteer project! Great value for money as full board and great hot shower! Highly recommended!

This is an incredibly clean, cozy hostel. It's a bit far from the downtown -- it's a house that's used to house volunteers and when they aren't full with volunteers they open up the rest of the beds as a hostel. Cheap public bus to the downtown but otherwise a bit tricky to get to. The price includes meals which they cook for all the travelers. The staff are incredibly kind and helpful. Feels like more of a homestay than a typical hostel. Very welcoming and helpful staff. Very fast internet.

it was nice to be there very very nice

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

The stay was very nice at the Greenhouse Arusha hostel, mostly because Benson and his family are great hosts. They arranged to pick me up at the airport when I arrived as well as gave me useful advice for the town of Arusha. The 3 meals a day included was an incredible bonus, and the place was kept clean. Overall very friendly hostel and I would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Feb 2014

Our stay at Greenhouse was really nice. The staff is really kind, and they make you feel at home. The price including meals is pretty cheap. Benson and the rest of the staff, we really apreciate your atention, we hope u the best. Realmente merece la pena alojarse en greenhouse, una gente fantastica.

The Greenhouse is a great place, Benson the manager is an extremely friendly and helpful guy who is very passionate about all the many aid projects he runs here in Arusha. He was kind enough to take me to see some of these projects, and I was extremely impressed with everything he has achieved. The three hot meals a day, hot shower (most of the time) and big comfy mosqito netted beds are well worth the $13 a day! I recommend this place to everyone and will be returning to volunteer soon I hope!

Love this place! Feels like home that I eventually extended my stay from 5 to 20 days. It was my pleasure to know Benson and have Anna's food. Keep going on with your awesome works in the villages. Go go Green Living Planet!

• 21st Nov 2013
  • South Korea

It was lovely to be met at the airport by Maricel and Ben. Memorable experience. Comfy and relaxing rooms. Excellent hosts & caretaker. A+++

very very nice people here, excelent project ongoing, smiles and best help on many issues asante sana sana benson, ana, maricel and greetings for mama and adrina!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Our stay was short but really nice. The owners came and picked us at the airport, arranged our onward bus tickets and were really friendly and helpful. The food was great. Rooms are basic, but nice and very clean. Staff is great and willing to help you. We would definetly recommend this accomodation to anyone, especally volunteers, because they also run an NGO project Greenplanet with local schools.