The Greenhouse Reviews

PO Box 14888, Arusha, Tanzania

Very welcoming and family-like atmosphere, Lucy cooks great Tanzanian food.

The Greenhouse has a great vibe, very communal. I met lovely people there, both staff and guests. I did have a strange experience about money though. I was asked to pay 60 USD for a trip that cost USD 7, allegedly as a donation to the village to which I had already given USD 50. It was pretty weird so if you go on any trips, make sure you know exactly how much you pay and what for.

The personal and the rooms are great. It's a pity than the location of the hostel is far far away from the center of the town. There are few bathrooms and showers, that could be a problem when the hostel is complete...

Thanks for your review. Greenhouse is within a city. It’s only 4km from the center means from clock tower. The road leading from the town centre to the hostel is currently being paved. Once complete, it will be quicker to get to town (currently around 15 mins by local bus). Our hostel has enough bathrooms and showers maybe you didn’t ask for more info our big dorm upstairs and private room have their own bathrooms and showers and there are not few bathrooms and showers as you said.

Cool and quirky little spot in the heart of Arusha. The staff were very friendly and helpful, can organize rides/ trips as needed. Everyone is just down to help. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided. Dorms were clean and mozzy nets were provided. Bathroom was shared and wifi was decent. Large living room where most people hung out and chatted. Easy to meet folks and make friends. Felt like a co op and people seem to care about working there, good feeling you don't always get.

Great place to stay, wish we could have stayed longer! Super friendly staff and a very welcoming atmosphere! I would definitely stay here again!

I recommend the hostel to those people who look for a familiar place - given the fact that !breakfast, lunch and dinner! is included, you spend a lot of time with other travellers. Amazing how nice the staff is (no exception). The owner called Benson can organize everything for you (starting with safari, coffee tour up to Tanzania jersey or Massai knife). My girlfriend and I had a really great time, thank you!

We found this hostel absolutely amazing. For one of us it was a first hostel experience and it couldn't have been a better one. The staff were very relaxed and friendly and the hostel was complete sanctuary. Facilities were good and also felt like there was a unique personal approach and ethos. The atmosphere was the most amazing bit with all guests hanging out together and making friends. Within hours we felt like a family. We are only sad we stayed one night. Not an opportunity to be missed!!

• 26th Jun 2015