The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

A true backpackers hostel with great location, an atmosphere of friendliness and a good exchange spot of thoughts for all the travelers. They also have a handful of useful tips and recommendations for visitors and travelers posted all over the place. Nice design with fun lofts. Also, a very beautiful apartments part for those who prefer a more quiet atmosphere, everything located in a marvelous tenement right in the centre of the city. Very busy in the summer season, make sure to book in advance

Staff were amazing... really helpful, even towards our friends who weren't staying at this hostel. Hostel was also pretty cool. This hostel is however popular with people who seem to be here for the nightlife... so expect people to be getting dressed up and warming up their drinking in the late evening.

We had a really good time at the groove. The staff was very friendly and the room was really nice. The location was perfect for us because we needed a place near the nguyati station

• 18th Aug 2014

One of the friendliest hostels I have stayed in!! Great location in the heart of Budapest with a really good atmosphere!

This is by far one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed! Upon arrival, Paul sat me down for about 20 minutes and went through the whole map with me. He gave me recommendations, advice, and directions. Everyone was so friendly. This hostel had the most family-like vibe ever! I made some amazing friends here. The communal space is really used a great deal and all the rooms are off of it, so it was so easy to meet people. Paul and Richie helped me get a cab to the airport in the rain. So great.

The staff is simply amazing, all of them. It is really easy to meet people and go out together. My next stay in buda will be at this hostel!!!

Lovely place, the staff is amazing friendly with everyone, the atmosphere with other guests is incredible, they Really make you feel like home! Everything is clean at any time and the beds are over average to be a hostal, the place Seems very small but even with full house everything works prpperly. Live it!

We had a balcony over looking a street which was great. Staff very helpful and a good location for exploring. Had to walk to laundromat to use laundry facilities which is why I gave facilities average, everything else was top notch.

Dear Alexander, Thank you for the nice words and sorry for the inconveniences about the laundromat. As we only have one washing machine and one dryer to wash and dry the linen, sometimes in the high season, when everybody wants to wash, we cannot provide laundry service (though most of the time we figure it out). We are thinking of getting another washing machine and a dryer but regarding the size of the hostel, it's not that simple. Again, thank you for your feedback and have a safe trip!

Perfect for solo travellers. Facilities were good. Location is close to the river and the centre. Can't make lots of noise late at night but who wants to stay in anyways? Staff is always ready for anything you need. Thank you for a great stay.

I booked the room for two: very big, all perfect. The only thing is that it was in a different flor and no lights. So I was afraid of going back late night (the building is old, but the hostel is fine). Near the metro station, but could be nearest the main points.

Dear Beatriz, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry about the discomfort that you experienced in the building. However, it's a misunderstanding, we do have lights in the courtyard and the switch is right next to the entrance. Also, the building is old but one of the best maintained and safest building in the downtown so there's no need to be afraid. We've also learnt our lesson: we will let everybody know where the switch is. Sorry for the inconveniences and have a safe trip!

Completely awesome hostel! I've been traveling for two months and this has been my favorite stay! Great location, and in a beautiful building. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They even organized a bike ride to a pub on a boat, followed by a trip to a lake! Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. I didn't want to leave Budapest when my time was up! Definitely recommend!

I stayed at the Groove for only 4 nights, but I absolutely loved it. The staff are all extremelz helpful and friendly, and make each person feel like an honored guest. Everything about the hostel was amazing, such as the floor and bed layout and decorations, to the location and stunning view from the balcony. But what really made my stay special was the kind of people who stayed there. If you like sight seeing and culture and relaxing and partying and smiling so much your face hurts, stay here.

• 17th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel, with nice big rooms and very social atmosphere! Good location too, able to walk to most of main sites of Budapest or get the tram as it is very close to a tram station

The staff were really helpful at The Groove, Dora in particular advised on the best way to get around Budapest. We were travelling to a music festival in Ballaton and Dora was so helpful in booking taxis and arranging the quickest way in getting to the festival. Rooms were clean and towels provided. Showers were warm and found the hostel to be very comfortable. Overall great hostel and I will be back again.

• 9th Jul 2014

Besides it being unbelievably hot in the room we stayed in, the hostel wasn't bad. We were right on the main strip so if you tried opening the windows you get so much noise from the streets below. Staff was trying to be helpful but it didn't really go smoothly. People in the common room were really loud in the morning. Pretty sure it was the staff. Ok hostel for your money. No free breakfast!

Yes, staying in a downtown hostel in a huge city means there will be some noise. It's not worse than anywhere else in the city center, and we offer free earplugs to anyone who needs them. In return you get great public transport, all sights within walking distance, and awesome nightlife. True, some people were checking in that morning; it happens in every hostel. We try to keep as quiet as possible-sorry if you were woken up! The fans have been changed, there's fresh air in every room now.

Had a really great stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and also cozy. The beds were spacious and the hostel had a really good vibe to it. A big thanks to all the staff for there help.

Every single member of the staff are very friendly and helpful! It's the first place I've stayed where you are welcomed with a hand shake and offered a coffee or tea. Immediately you feel at ease and relaxed. The staff play music throughout the morning, day and early evening which I liked also. Kitchen is great with free use of spices, nice selection of tea and coffee. Suffice to say that I loved my entire stay and it feels like a home away from home. Highly recommend this hostel. A+++ Hostel :)

The hostel is really small but very inviting. Everyone who stayed at the hostel would hang out in the common area before going out every night so it was really easy to meet people. The staff was also very friendly. A little far off from the city center, but its fairly close if you hop on a tram or walk about 20 minutes. Would definitely recommend!

Staying at the Groove made Budapest one of our favorite cities. The staff are amazing and they tell you everything you need to know about the city (good food, bars, etc). There was even a pasta night while we were there where Paul made an excellent vegetarian pasta dish. The common room is really well used and the other travellers were very willing to hang out in it too. 10/10 would stay in again!

All around good hostel! Easy to walk or take the metro to anywhere in the city, and also a public bike rental is right across the street. Easy atmosphere for meeting new people as the hostel is very small, located inside a great old school apartment building (elevator inside to get to the floor of the hostel). Only 3 or 4 bathrooms though for a good amount of people, so if you need to get ready quickly one morning better wake up before 9am. Good wifi, linen provided, kitchen access.

« first « Prev 1 2 3