Fabulous 1,340 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,340 Total Reviews
The Groove Located at The Szent István krt 16., , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest 1137 The Szent István krt 16.
89% 1340
47.5120009 19.0519277
    Rooms available

• Tim2100
  • England, Male, 31-40
24th Sep 2016

Well recommended. This hostel is my 1st hostel stay. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The kitchen and common area are cosy and comfortable. Bunk beds are comfortable although the top bunk is quite high. The decor is fun and quirky. Location is great as it is close to Parliament Square and West end. With nearby trams to whisk you around. I changed my plans and stayed here longer as it was so friendly and felt like home. I can't wait to come back.

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016
8.0

Cute and small hostel, great if you want to socialise with everyone. Good location, staff were friendly and helpful.

6th Sep 2016

Love this place. It's in a wonderful location if you don't want to stay permanently in the Jewish 'party' district. Right next to the bridge over to an island in the river. The staff is very warm and kind, but they could work on their organization. I had money asked of me, and then returned to me, on multiple occasions. It didn't bother me at all, but it might bother a more concerned traveller.

Dear traveler, Thank you so much for your nice words and I'd like to apologize for the inconveniences that we caused with this payment issue. we've talked it through with the staff, especially with the new receptionists who weren't that skillful in the beginning of September. Now they are handling the payments with much more caution. Again I'm sorry and I hope it won't stop you from returning to us once you are in Budapest again. have a safe travel, Lili manager

• England, Male, 18-24
6th Sep 2016
7.7

Cool hostel, view from balcony is insame! Staff were pretty helpful. But when we stayed it wasn't very social, the common area is a bit tiny.

31st Aug 2016

Very good for the price and location. Great if you just want to chill in the hostel too.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2016

The groove was such a fun place to stay, great staff and amazing people to meet there.

• lishuaieric8773
  • China, Male, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016
7.4

Really nice and cosy place. However, the staff should specify cash only in the confirmation email rather than told me most places only accept cash in Budapest which was a lie and left me no options but to go out in the rain to get cash or had my passport detained by them.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your feedback, however I refuse your accusations. First of all it is marked on our Hostelworld page that it's a cash only place, just like most of the hostels in Budapest. Second, as a local person who lives in Budapest, I can assure you that in many places you cannot pay with card (especially in smaller pubs, clubs), it's not an exceptional thing. Also we never send anybody out in the rain, storm to withdraw money (btw the atm is about 30 m from the hostel), if you had asked us to pay a bit later, we would have said yes...you just should have asked. Also I believe that it's pretty normal that we keep your Passport paper until you pay your balance (this rule was issued as earlier there were some occasions when people left without paying). Kind regards, Lili manager

• Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
20th Aug 2016
6.6

We booked a private room at The Groove. The room was on a different floor then the other rooms of the hostel, and for that reason it was less then we expected. The hostel itself seemed really nice, with a good cozy atmosphere and helpful staff. However the private rooms were a bit old and we didn't get the feeling it was part of the hostel.

• USA, Male, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

Great place to stay. Staff is very laid back and chill.

6th Aug 2016

This place was cool. It's in a really old building right near the river and parliament so there is lots of sight seeing you can do right from there. We only stayed one night on our way to sziget music fest. Staff did our laundry for us at a good price takes a few hours for it to get done though. Rooms are pretty cool too with spacious cubbies and bunks with curtains. Bathrooms and showers are limited though so you may end up waiting a few minutes before you can get in. Staff was super friendly.