The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

If your purpose to Budapest is to explore and know more about the local culture, The Groove is definitely the choice. Local staff are really friendly and helpful. Although the location is not the very central, but it is close to Metro and that's the reason why things nearby are cheaper.

Best hostel ever! Good location, friendly staff, feels like home :)

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was perfect. Huge surprise actually. I would love to have those rooms in Berlin. PD: They should organize party tours. (maybe they do and I missed them)

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Peru

Nice district and nice Hostel! The deluxe two bed are isolatet to the rest of the Hostel. The interior is more conservative than the big rooms. So it depends what you want.

• 3rd Feb 2014

The Groove Hostel is very cosy and the staff is very helpfull. In the common area there is a black board with information on activities, parties, exchange rates and the weather. I felt at home right away. Thanks for the lovely stay!

Very good hostel, great people and goog location!

Exceptional. We all had a fantastic experience in Budapest helped no end by the advice and guidance of the hostel staff. Paul we owe you one mate! The hostel itself was excellent, the best hostel I've stayed in.

• 29th Dec 2013

The staff was amazing all the time. As a development point, to reach the smoking area you need to go through one of the rooms, and this makes the room stink. Bad thing: Many guests smoking weed. But i don't think this is hostel's fault

Location is great and very central, very easy to get to from the airport, staff is helpful and very friendly. We stayed in the double room apartment and it was very clean, rooms were spacious and the kitchen was fully equipped with everything you need, bathroom is also spacious with hot running water. I would totally recommend the groove for all travellers who want to stay in the heart of budapest

Great location and good value for money. Staff is very friendly.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating! The rooms were huge a cozy with great views!

Thank you for a great visit to Budapest! We are so glad we decided to stay at Groove!

• 6th Nov 2013

Only bad thing about my stay was some French tw@t playing guitar outside my room at 9am after I had a late night. Other than that it was great. Staff were exellent!!!

This has been my favourite hostel so far that I have stayed in! I loved it so much and recommend it highly

• 1st Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Cool hostel! Super friendly staff, spacious and interesingly decorated. highly recommend!

Such a good youth hostel. The athmosphere was very good and employees so friendly; i definitively recommend it.

The staff was wonderful - friendly, laidback, and full of suggestions. I will be back!

• 29th Oct 2013

Had a wonderful stay. The staff was the greatest and the facilities were fine. Needed help in making bus reservations to Budapest and getting to the bus station and the staff could not have been more helpful. Would recommend this Hostel for anyone. We stayed in a private room for 2 and the accommodations were fine.

Great hostel, little hard to find the entrance. In a good location right next to the nyugati train station. Would stay here again.

Due to the location of the balcony the common room is basically inside one of the dorms. If you are unlucky enough to be in this dorm good luck sleeping...

Simon, you must have misunderstood something... The lounge (main common room) with the reception is in the center of the hostel, plus there's a community area in every dorm to make life more comfortable for small groups. One of the dorms does have a balcony, which serves as the smoking area and is also a great place to hang out in summer. Most people love it, I'm sorry you didn't appreciate this setup as much as intended.