The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

I had a great time. It's got a very intimate and home atmoshere so you immediately feel like part of a little family. Very clean, the staff is great, the location is perfect and on top of that it's a beautiful building. I'll def stay there again. Much Love

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The Groove had a nice chilled out vibe and was in a good location to the train station. Staff were friendly and happy to help at any time. My bed was very comfortable and I loved my little curtains around it as they helped to blackout the room. The Groove provided a fan as it got abit warm at night. Overall we had a nice stay at The Groove but think it would benefit from more sinks and washing facilities.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Had a great time at The Groove. Staff was very welcoming and friendly.

Perfect location and very friendly staff. However, a major problem was that there was only one small fan (30cm) for a room of 8 people, this made it extremely difficult to sleep and I woke up sweating every night. I'm from a tropical country but this was very very hot. Its frustrating because this could have been easily fixed by having additional fans, which the staff said they did not have. I would certainly stay in this hostel again....anytime but summer.

• 21st Jul 2015

The Groove hostel is not too big nor too small and it is the perfect "base" if you want to explore Budapest. I liked the many details the rooms have, like curtains for the beds and small bags at the walls to store stuff like glasses, phones..... I thought "this guys have travel experience ;)" the staff is very helpful and has a lot a advice for sightseein if you arrive to the city without having a plan (like in my case).

Very nice staff! Felt very home like and a good way to meet other travellers. I highly recommend!

Beautiful building, great location, helpful staff and the best hostel room I've ever stayed in! Massive private double room with en suite was better than a lot of hotel rooms for a great price. Thanks!

The hostel was amazing. The atmosphere of it is really welcoming, home-feeling. The staff was also incredible, like-minded with the travelers and really helping and concerned with a nice staying as well. Keep doing the good work. I'll definitelly come back.

• 8th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a good location with good atmosphere. Staff are very helpful, would recommend.

Really nice hostel. Quite creative how it is all organized. Amazing vibe

Great combination of being really friendly and sociable without being a crazy party hostel. i missed it, but they still offered pub crawls a couple of nights - so by no means a dull place to stay. Met a great bunch of people. Hostel staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgable. As hostels go, there were a few really great touches, like curtains on the bunks for privacy + individual reading lights. Big thumbs up.

I have been traveling for quite few months and this hostel as the nicest staff you can find on the market! Also there was a really good atmosphere with the other travelers there.

Perfect hostel in an amazing city. I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. When I arrived they let me have my bed instantly, they had no problem answering questions and taking the time to give you recommendations. The staff where perfect, especially Toth and the guy that works there, but the whole crew is amazing. Get atmosphere, everyone talks to everyone and makes you feel really welcome. Plus the view from the balcony is amazing. Everyone wanted to stay longer, even me. Thank you!!

The Groove was recommended to me by a friend and with good reason. This was my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in. It had such a vibrant, community feel to it - the staff were always lovely, friendly and willing to help. On occasion, they even cook a free meal for everyone in the hostel - a great opportunity to socialise with the other guests and get to know each other. As a female traveller on her own, I always felt safe, comfortable and I would go back to The Groove in a second.

• 22nd Jun 2015

This hostel was different than what we were used to, but it turned out to be perfect! They really try to make you feel at home there and not like you're staying at a hotel or something. I really did feel at home. The staff was very helpful and nice. I really have no complaints!

A very chill place which was also quite social and good for meeting other travellers. The staff are really friendly and the rooms were very nice too. The location is great and within walking distance of almost everything.

The Groove is the best hostel I've stayed in. Very near to the river, Parliament, and bus, metro and train stations, the location was ideal. The staff were some of the friendliest people I've encountered in my travels and went above and beyond to give useful information and to help in any way. Everything was kept extremely clean and the layout was fairly open, which fostered a sense of community. The pricing was excellent as well.

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere is really chilled out and what makes it so great is the more intimate feeling almost like staying in someone's flat. The staff are really friendly and you get to know everyone staying there. I travelled solo and immediately made friends and we went out as a group every night to restaurants and bars//clubs. It is also really good because it is not a party hostel so you can get really good sleep but you can also meet people.

Great atmosphere and good companies. People can sleep quietly in the hostel, and there are people going out every night as well. Really helpful staff and reasonable price.

• 17th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel in an amazing city - would recommend to anyone who is visiting Budapest. The entire staff was incredibly friendly and knew a lot about local events and where to go every night. It's very easy to meet fellow travelers and go out together. The hostel itself is a quaint, beautiful apartment that's been converted into a communal living space. Can't recommend it enough!

« first « Prev 1 2 3