The Groove

Superb 1433 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1433 Total Reviews

11th Aug 2017

We enjoyed our stay at The Groove. Not the cleanest or most social hostel ever, but it was quiet and the beds were comfortable enough (not super clean) although our room was pretty warm and a little uncomfortable. We attended 3 days of Sziget Festival plus two days of touring. I'm sure it depends on who your fellow hostelmates are, but we didn't meet a whole lot of people to hang out with as the common area is small and people seemed to keep to themselves. Overall would consider coming back!

• carlyrose
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Jul 2017
8.0

Great hostel! Awesome chill area with hammock to meet fellow travellers. Staff were cool although some a bit lazy.. location isn't the best. Kitchen very good and bed was comfy and there's a great little balcony ;) thank you!

30th Jul 2017
3.7

The hostel was very dirty . The staff was ok only a few were helpful . the kitchen area was very small and some of our food was taken while we were out one day . I would not recommend the groove to anyone I know .

• natt414
  • England, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2017

Brilliant location as it is right near the river with easy access to public transport. The hostel is located in a residential building, and I did walk past it once but once you know its there it is easy to find. The hostel itself is cosy and has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Clean bathrooms, free tea and coffee.The dorm rooms don't have locks on the doors, but there are lockers. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. Its not like any hostel I've stayed in but I enjoyed my stay greatly.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Jul 2017

Cool room, nice people, good location

• England, Couple, 18-24
14th Jul 2017
6.0

Bit of a frosty atmosphere from the staff, if you're looking for a cool place to stay it's here, aesthetically nice. On occasion felt unwelcome and that we were bothering the staff and making their job difficult. Not very clean in showers/toilets/kitchen. However was a comfortable stay. Plenty of tea and coffee.

13th Jul 2017
7.4

The hostel is inside a very cool building. Just a couple of blocks from the parliament and old town. Beds and dorms are spacious and cool! Nevertheless there are some things these guys can improve: 1) The people at the front desk are nice, but sometimes they feel a little bit grumpy. 2) The guy of the front desk sleeps in the living room, which for me was uncomfortable because overtime I go out I though I was going to wake him up 3) It could look a little more clean.

• crystalwu1225
  • USA, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2017

This hostel is a cool place to stay with really helpful staff and a bit more of a local feel than the city center. However, everything is still walkable which was good. The facilities were nice, with enough space to lock up bags, etc. They also had towels for anyone who needed them. The common area wasn't the most lively when I visited, but that might just be during the time I was there. All in all, a solid place to stay in Budapest.

• Bulgaria, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

The hostel is located in an amazing building. I could really feel the atmosphere of the city and I actually could spend more time there. The atmosphere in the hostel was friendly and very relaxed. The rooms are very spacious and decorated in very original ways. One curious thing that I noticed was that the doors of the common rooms were always open so it is not a place where you can hope for a lot of privacy but if you decide to read a book no one is going to bother you.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
1st Jul 2017

Couldn't have asked for a better hostel. Great location, super cool building and interior, very friendly and helpful staff who knew what was up and going down in budapest. Very chilled vibe but also if you were after a night out there was always some people who were keen. It attracted a very good type of traveller and many friendships were made. Wish I could have stayed longer! Couldn't recommend it any more.