The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Amazing hostel! I felt like at home and didn't want to leave at the end. I stayed 3 nights, one of them was cooking night so we all had dinner together :) and another night was board game night which was a lot of fun. This helped a lot everyone to socialise on the main room :) Rooms are very spacious so sometimes it's easy to forget you are sharing with other 7 people. Only thing to note is that if you are on 8bed dorm, people from next room have to pass through your room to go to main rooms

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Spain

Great stay in The Groove, Budapest in early February 2016. The Hostel was very cool, quirky and colourful with great staff who were very helpful in explaining the basics of Budapest to us (where to go, how to get around, where to eat etc). The Groove was great in that with our wristbands we got 10% off certain nearby establishments, such as Cafe Nino next door which was lovely. My only criticism was that the showers and bathrooms smelt of urine.

• 1st Feb 2016

Staff is super nice, friendly and helpful - thank you so much Dani and Dori, your hospitality does leave me a very fond memory in budapest Cozy atmosphere in the public space: if you wish to meet some other fabulous travellers, this will be the place! It is very near to the coastline - less than two-minute walk then you can enjoy the splendid view (and it is close to the train station and metro station too) A very reasonable price guarantees basically everything you need! Highly recommend!

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable, there was a nice balcony with a nice view, several spots to sit down and chill/read a book. But the atmosphere... it was what made our trip to Budapest so extraordinary. My friend and I both felt like at home. We received the warmest welcome and from that point on everything was great. We met some awesome people there, staff included. It was very hard to leave, yet I do hope to come back one day.

Perfect location. Friendly and helpful staff. Cozy, small hostel. The only way to get to the balcony was from the room I stayed in. People walked in and out of the room all the time to go out there to smoke, which was a bit annoying.

Great! Friendly staff!

• 10th Jan 2016

Lovely chill out spaces, big rooms and amazing staff! Not a party hostel, so we slept extremely well. Plenty of space to socialize with people, but also possibilities to have alone time, especially in the lower bunks that had curtains (big plus). Location is about 30 minutes walk from the touristy center/Jewish quarter, but for us it was perfect as we could get to Keleti train station easily. Highly recommend having brekkie at Kino next door. Will definitely come back again.

the house is amazing, very beautiful architecture, unfortunately the heating did not work in our room so the stay was not the most comfortable...

Dear Guest, I'm apologizing for the heating problem. It has been fixed since then. For the inconveniences I'd like to offer you a 15% discount for your next stay, if you would decide to come back. Just write us an email refer to the manager's offer and you will get the discount. Kind regards, Lili manager groove hostel

Geat hostel. The staff are best I've ever experienced in a hostel, incredibly friendly but always making sure everything was perfect and if not, willing to fix it in the moment. Good location and very clean. Was an excellent experience.

We stayed there for ny eve with a couple friends ... The hostel is well located, not directly in the old city center but definitely not far. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. As it is quite small, you can meet a lot of nice people also staying there. I d definitely recommand it.

• 30th Dec 2015

This place is cool. Stay here! There is even a girl who wants to inline skate from the north to the south of New Zealand. Just sayin'...

The staff were nice, and helpful at you first come. You can enjoy the community room chatting with peoples. Nice place and nice stay for me.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • China

The Groove hostel was a quiet stay in Budapest. The bottom bunk beds are great as they have a curtain so you feel very snug :) the atmosphere is lacking slightly as it is not a party hostel and doesn't have many events organised. The common area is also small. Overall the hostel is in a fabulous location and if you're after some down-time its the place to stay :)

Dear Kate, Thank you for your review and I'm sorry about the lack of atmosphere, the whole staff had a really rough time in the last month due to personal issues that affected all of us. However we organize a dinner party once a week and a pub-crawl too, but you are right, we are not a party hostel, that we make really clear on hostelworld (in the description). I hope that overall you'll keep a nice memory of The Groove. have a nice journey, Lili manager Groove Hostel

I will definitely recommend this place to everyone. So far my best hostel experience ever. I've stayed at many hostels around the globe but haven't come across a more homely and friendly environment. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. Free wifi & computer to use, printing, guide books, details for museums/ churches, list of daily events & pub crawls, television, communal sitting area, a fully equipped kitchen, a comfy common area and a lovely terrace and the list goes on!!

• 4th Nov 2015
  • India

Amazing for privacy! such a cool hostel! We stayed one night in a private room which was insane like your own apartment and so cheap! And we spent one night in the ten bed dorm both great experiences!

Nice People are working there! But due to the relaxed atmosphere a lonely semi-permanent traveller thought, everybody should listen to her screemed phone call at 4:00 in the morning. Also travellers did not behave nice to the nice people working there. The typical "I have been there and it was great, you know it is just like..."-from loud travellers was very annoying.

Dear Heike, First of all thank you for your staying with us and for the nice words about the staff. Believe me we would really appreciate more travelers like you, but unfortunately not everybody is respectful. However I'm not sure if we deserve such a low rating because of other guests, also if you'd come back any time and something bothers you please let the staff know and we'll try to find a way to make everybody happy. Have a nice journey furthermore, Lili manager Groove Hostel

Great hostel! The groove is one of those places you would like to stay longer then just a weekend! The staff are friendly and ready to help 24/7. The house where its located is beautiful and rooms are big and clean! Definitly worth a visit!

Spacious, very social, staff was very helpful

Very nice! Friendly staff, the 4 bed dorm had single beds instead of bunk bed and they have their own reading light and power points. Very nice location, close to train stations and nice restaurants. The pub crawl organised by the hostel was probably one of the best, we went to so many random and cool places where you won't find a lot of tourists!!

Great hostel with a great atmosphere!

• 13th Oct 2015