The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

The Groove was recommended to me by a friend and with good reason. This was my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in. It had such a vibrant, community feel to it - the staff were always lovely, friendly and willing to help. On occasion, they even cook a free meal for everyone in the hostel - a great opportunity to socialise with the other guests and get to know each other. As a female traveller on her own, I always felt safe, comfortable and I would go back to The Groove in a second.

• 22nd Jun 2015

This hostel was different than what we were used to, but it turned out to be perfect! They really try to make you feel at home there and not like you're staying at a hotel or something. I really did feel at home. The staff was very helpful and nice. I really have no complaints!

A very chill place which was also quite social and good for meeting other travellers. The staff are really friendly and the rooms were very nice too. The location is great and within walking distance of almost everything.

The Groove is the best hostel I've stayed in. Very near to the river, Parliament, and bus, metro and train stations, the location was ideal. The staff were some of the friendliest people I've encountered in my travels and went above and beyond to give useful information and to help in any way. Everything was kept extremely clean and the layout was fairly open, which fostered a sense of community. The pricing was excellent as well.

• 18th Jun 2015

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere is really chilled out and what makes it so great is the more intimate feeling almost like staying in someone's flat. The staff are really friendly and you get to know everyone staying there. I travelled solo and immediately made friends and we went out as a group every night to restaurants and bars//clubs. It is also really good because it is not a party hostel so you can get really good sleep but you can also meet people.

Great atmosphere and good companies. People can sleep quietly in the hostel, and there are people going out every night as well. Really helpful staff and reasonable price.

• 17th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel in an amazing city - would recommend to anyone who is visiting Budapest. The entire staff was incredibly friendly and knew a lot about local events and where to go every night. It's very easy to meet fellow travelers and go out together. The hostel itself is a quaint, beautiful apartment that's been converted into a communal living space. Can't recommend it enough!

Good hostel, very spacious rooms. It is not exceptional - everything is nice but nothing is amazing. Some of the windows point towards the boulevard, which can get noisy, but it was tolerable. I am a bit disappointed by the communal area though. The furniture is very uncomfortable and - for this or some other reason - there was rarely anyone there; most people just stayed in their rooms. Hostel management seemed to appreciate the feedback though, so hopefully they will think of something :)

Great staff and cool hostel set up! Definitely recommend.

Great friendly staff, clean facilities and towels and bedsheets were provided. There are spacious lockers for your personal belongings and the location of the hostel feels very secure. You can reach buda, the Jewish district and the metro quite fast and there are lots of supermarkets restaurants and cafes in walking distance. We can reccomend the kino cafe downstairs of the hostel ( as a guest you will get a 10% discount) and the free walking tour that is advertised by the staff. Perfect stay!

• 25th May 2015

Rooms don't lock and had to walk through another room to get to mine. Staff was extremely nice, and helpful. Wifi worked great in the rooms.

Thanks for the nice words about The Groove. I know it might be a bit strange at first that the dorms don't lock but as you could see this hostel is a big flat, every room opens from the living room/ reception area, so we always keep an eye on people walking in and out and try to keep the coziness/ home away from home feeling of the place without locking the rooms. However you can use the big lockers under your bed to keep your stuff safe. I hope beside this you had a great time here!

I stayed In may and had an overall positive experience at the Groove. Facilities are nice, everything was clean, the location was an easy walk from most main attractions but far enough away to get a larger feel for the city, also near a tram stop. The staff were friendly but I didn't find them considerably eager/wiling to help with things like suggestions of places to visit and directions which is important to me in a hostel.

The Groove was super cute and we enjoyed our stay. We would recommend the private double apartment, which has a balcony that we enjoyed sitting on in the morning.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere for solo travelers. During my stay everyone there would hang out in the evenings. Staff are the friendliest I've ever encountered. Always willing to help. They even cooked for everyone on Friday. Location is good for visiting many sites. Close to Margret Island. Manageable 20-min walk to bar district.

Absolutely fantastic! The staff are so helpful and approachable, with great tips about the town. The facilities were well planned and it has an overall friendly vibe

• 13th May 2015

Premium hostel on every level. Felt like home and a great place to meet people. The 8-bed dorm was huuuuge compared to other places. Will stay there again for sure!

Everything was perfect! You can walk everywhere from the hostel, you sleep well, quiet and respectful place, relax atmosphere. Nice people! By locker under the bed to fit you're whole bag, which helps to keep the rooms tidy ;-)

So close to the river, the Parlalament and ruins pub. The staff was friendly and always available. I met very great people. Recommend it!!! :)

Groove Hostel & all there staff were so accommodating. My friend got sick the day we were meant to arrive in Budapest so we delayed our arrival for a day & the hostel kindly canceled our first nights stay without charging us.

• 1st May 2015
  • Scotland

Stayed at this hostel twice during the few weeks I was travelling back and forth this part of Europe. The staff is really nice and friendly and the atmosphere at the hostel is a bit like staying at someone who you are friends with. I warmly recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3