9.3
Superb 1,298 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 1,298 Total Reviews
The Groove Located at The Szent István krt 16., , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest 1137 The Szent István krt 16.
93% 1298
47.5120009 19.0519277
    Rooms available

15th Jul 2016

Secure, well located, great atmosphere. There's a kitchen if you'd rather cook dinner than eating out. I'd just suggest a renovation for the showers.

• alicenorton5059
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2016

Good hostel in nice location. The four bed dorms are beautiful and spacious with great street views, but the larger dorms have bunks and are more crowded. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Not very many showers for the number of people but generally this wasn't a problem. My only complaint is that the kitchen was tiny, and not good for much other than tea/coffee and cereal (even the toaster was broken during my stay). Nonetheless I recommend this hostel.

Dear traveler, Thanks for the nice words and we appreciate the critics too, the toaster was broken you are right we've already replaced it with a new one. Also maybe the kitchen is not too big, but I don't really understand the complaint about the equipment of the kitchen, the guests sometimes make quite big meals here as we have a stove, an oven, microwave, basic spices, large pots, pans everything you need to cook a proper meal. Have a nice journey furthermore, Lili manager

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

This hostel was incredible in every way! I was part of a group of 8 girls; we felt completely safe. The staff were extremely helpful and were around 24/7. We stayed there for 2 nights but wished we could stay longer. The place itself had such a chilled atmosphere, with a communal area where we mixed with other travellers, chatting and playing games. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone - make sure you check out the bare foot loft!

10th Jul 2016

Muy buen lugar en budapest, con un staff muy amigable y bien ubicado si quieres algo no tan alocado. Hay buen ambiente (no es un hostel de fiesta, pero tampoco un asilo de ancianos). Recomendado 100%

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
8th Jul 2016

The staff made my friend and I feel comfortable right away. Their focus was clearly on quality and offering genuine attention. The room was clean and reasonably priced and there was even homemade vegan poppyseed bread for sale in the kitchen! Highly recommend this hostel for comfort and value.

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Jul 2016

The groove hostel exceeded expectations, as it is quite a small hostel but everything about it just makes you feel at home! The staff were fantastic from the moment we first checked in to the moment we left to head on to our next destination (I highly recommend asking Julian to play the guitar for you) and they were willing to help any time of day. Everyone staying in the hostel were very welcoming and willing to actually speak to you which was nice to meet people around the world 10/10:)

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2016
6.6

Hostel is nice, spacious and has a good atmosphere. Staff are friendly and local. However it's not that clean, the beds are uncomfortable and there is no air conditioning. I'm sure it's much nicer in the winter, but in the summer heat it was unbearable. Also there was a guy who came around spraying pest repellant whilst I was there.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2016

Such a cool hostel with the cutest hammock and cosy loft area for watching films and playing games. Amazing vibe and facilities. We only stayed for one night but wish we could have stayed for longer, we didn't want to leave! The staff were also really lovely and helpful and made you feel very relaxed and at home.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
24th Jun 2016

Door codes to get into hostel make it safe from outsiders. A bit out of a way from party central but reachable distances to most of the attractions and close to tram. Awesome staff, really friendly and help with any questions you have. This isn't a party hostel by any means but had a cruisy atmosphere and people would talk and get along with one another. Rooms were clean as was kitchen and toilets. Decent wifi, no A/C so got pretty hot, toilets open to common room which felt odd.

21st Jun 2016

I loved everything about this hostel! I've been traveling for 2 months and this was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed at. The atmosphere is amazing and it is a very social place to meet friends. The staff is super friendly and helpful! The location is great. Incredible value for the price I paid too. I would absolutely recommend staying here!