The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Great place and great staff. They were really helpful and went the extra mile. There is also a nice vibe, as well as a cool interior. Definitely recommended this hostel!

• 26th Aug 2015

Good staff and nice hostel. The faculties with using the extension leads in the rooms were poor; having an extension lead hanging in the air is not good. Plus it would be nice to at least have hand sanitiser in the toilet without a sink. Otherwise nice hostel and friendly staff.

Excellent. Would highly recommend to stay at the Groove!

• 17th Aug 2015

This place is OK, good location, nice staff, great view from the balcony, however some things were really disappointing: poor wi-fi connection in the bedrooms, not enough sinks and showers for everyone, bad ventilation (it was absurdly warm even on common areas during the evening) and there are many large groups staying there, so it's not that easy to socialize and meet other travellers.

The groove hostel was a nice and chilled hostel. We had a lovely stay. The staff were helpful and available 24/7 to answer questions. The location was good but we did use metro to get around. We would have preferred a more sociable hostel and one that offered more group activities. But I guess that was more personal preference for 3 twenty something girls.

• 13th Aug 2015

Great hostel, helpful and friendly staff. I just wish they had air-conditioning for those hot summer months - it can get pretty uncomfortable.

All the people in the staff are really nice, they always try to help you somehow and the location is perfect for a nice walk.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Oh man, where to start. The Groove is incredible. Super great atmosphere, met awesome people, staff was so much fun and super chill. Really small hostel and feels super homely, you're not going to want to leave. One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at. Whenever I'm going to go back to Budapest, this is where I'm going to stay.

Amazing small hostel with very friendly welcoming staff who simply want to make your journey the best it possibly can be. The adorable rooms provide a home away from home comfort.

Very nice, chill atmosphere. Staff is wonderfully welcoming. However don't reccomend using the trust system and leaving anything unlocked for all our jewelry was stolen. Other than losing all those stay was nice and humble

Nice small hostel with a communal feel, near Nyugati so slightly away form a few major things and the ruin pubs etc but it's near the metro station and honestly you can walk everywhere in central Budapest pretty easily

Very helpful & happy staff with 24 hour service. Excellent location.

I had a great time. It's got a very intimate and home atmoshere so you immediately feel like part of a little family. Very clean, the staff is great, the location is perfect and on top of that it's a beautiful building. I'll def stay there again. Much Love

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The Groove had a nice chilled out vibe and was in a good location to the train station. Staff were friendly and happy to help at any time. My bed was very comfortable and I loved my little curtains around it as they helped to blackout the room. The Groove provided a fan as it got abit warm at night. Overall we had a nice stay at The Groove but think it would benefit from more sinks and washing facilities.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Had a great time at The Groove. Staff was very welcoming and friendly.

Perfect location and very friendly staff. However, a major problem was that there was only one small fan (30cm) for a room of 8 people, this made it extremely difficult to sleep and I woke up sweating every night. I'm from a tropical country but this was very very hot. Its frustrating because this could have been easily fixed by having additional fans, which the staff said they did not have. I would certainly stay in this hostel again....anytime but summer.

• 21st Jul 2015

The Groove hostel is not too big nor too small and it is the perfect "base" if you want to explore Budapest. I liked the many details the rooms have, like curtains for the beds and small bags at the walls to store stuff like glasses, phones..... I thought "this guys have travel experience ;)" the staff is very helpful and has a lot a advice for sightseein if you arrive to the city without having a plan (like in my case).

Really great staff, great decor, and great location. The rooms were a little too hot in the height of the summer, but overall the place is great. Very chilled and a decent location if you want to go out at night too. The Caving tour they can organise for you to join is really good too.

Very nice staff! Felt very home like and a good way to meet other travellers. I highly recommend!

Beautiful building, great location, helpful staff and the best hostel room I've ever stayed in! Massive private double room with en suite was better than a lot of hotel rooms for a great price. Thanks!

« first « Prev 1 2 3