The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Such a cool place. I was traveling alone and felt completely safe and comfortable. I would return without a second thought.

• 20th Feb 2015

The place is just okay. The vibe is very much like you're staying at a friend of a friends college apartment/dorm that you really only kinda know. The staff was super friendly though and always available to help. The location was good too because we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Also go to Gelato Rosa, you won't be disappointed!

• 20th Feb 2015

Dear LeJoi, Thanks for your feedback, we are happy that apparently you've liked our hostel, at least according to your text. I just hope that the fact you gave us such a low percentage might be because you don't know how bad is a 63% review. However if you had any other major problem with the hostel or the staff please take the time and write an email to us about your complaints, so we can improve our service. Have a safe trip furthermore! Lili manager

This was the first hostel I stayed at and I had a great experience. It was located in the heart of Budapest and was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is that I had to pay the deposit with cash (not a credit card) which was a little inconvenient. Other than that, I had a really fun time here and a very pleasant stay.

• 19th Feb 2015

Thank you for the nice words, it was lovely to have you here! Also, I'm sorry for the inconveniences about the deposit, we don't have a POS terminal - just like 99% of the hostels in Budapest - unfortunately in Hungary it's simply too much expense to have one for a small business like ours. Anyway 2€/500HUF deposit is not such a big amount that it would cause a lot of problem to pay in cash usually, but I totally understand your comment and we try to improve. Have a safe trip!

The staff was so friendly and the hostel was adorable. Loved it!!

• 17th Feb 2015

A friendly, welcoming hostel. The team were willing and able to help with suggestions of places to go or visit. It had a very laid back feel and was more like visiting with friends, which made visiting Budapest even better. I would recommend this hostel for anyone who has a bohemian soul.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice comfortable hostel. Staff are really great too!

Really great location, clean facilities, and very very secure (three codes to get in). Staff was kind of awkward and not talkative, and few showers and bathrooms.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you've found the staff unfriendly, their only excuse is that half of them got the flu and the other half worked really hard, so they were quite under the weather last week. As you can see usually we get great comments about the staff to prove this to you, you'll get a free night in the Groove whenever you come back, just drop us an email! (About the bathrooms I think 1 bathroom/ 6 people is not such a bad ratio) Have a safe trip!

The hostel is located in one of the most bustling districts of Budapest. All of the famous clubs are only a few minutes walk away. It is a perfect choice for those who wish to enjoy the nightlife offered b the city. I have spent only one night there but I can say it was definitely worth the price thanks to the great atmosphere. I shall also give a credit to the staff for their helpfulness and friendliness. :)

Super clean and well organized. Great common areas. Pretty social, but not so loud that you can't go to sleep at a reasonable hour. The hostel is close to a tram stop and the metro, so it's easy to get everywhere.

After a long journey, we arrived at the Groove Hostel and we were thrilled. We had a really warm welcome, the stuff was really friendly at any time and the hostel itself was just amazing. Rooms were clean and quite big. Altough it was towards the main street, it was really quiet at day and night. The atmosphere was just relaxed. The stuff also gave us several advises for the day and for the night. The next time I visit Budapest, I will for sure go to Groove Hostel. Thanks for the nice stay.

• 26th Jan 2015

The hostel staff absolutely make your stay incredible. Willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable. Went above and beyond for us on numerous occasions. Kitchen is fully equipped, beds are very comfortable, and the facilities are very well taken care of. Felt like home! Highly recommend.

The staff was very helpful and nice. The hostel was clean and comfortable.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Everything was so great about this hostel. The Westend Shopping Center is just 5 minutes walk. The location is great.I have visited many hostels so far, but this is the first that provides regular cotton towels at all times in the bathrooms,unlike others who provide paper towels. Bathrooms are big and so are showers. Rooms are huge and finally no bunkbeds in the 4-bed bedroom. The staff is great, so helpful, kind and hospitable. Another big plus, NO keys, everything is coded.Perfect for tourists

Wicked hostel! One of the best I've visited in ages. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to Metro and public transport but can walk everywhere from hostel if up for it. Didn't play the playstation but would no doubt be awesome to cure the hangover.

Great location, friendly knowledgable staff, free towels and great information about activities, nightlife etc. The only negative was the 8 bed dorm we stated in was the thoroughfare to another dorm room and smoking balcony. Would definitely stay here again!

It was the best hostel we could ever hoped for. Amazing facilities, nice attitude.. 11/10 points at least

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

Excelent money value, outstanding personal, very good atmosphere and clean hostal. Will repeat without hesitation.

I loved staying at this hostel! It was cozy and comfortable, the staff were helpful and friendly, and the location was perfect. This is the friendliest hostel I've been to. I was there over Christmas and the staff even took time to cook us a delicious Christmas dinner. Next time I'm back in Budapest, I'm certainly staying here again!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Its been a wonderful stay in the double room! We`ll definitely will be back!

• 19th Dec 2014

Really nice and quiet hostel that is within walking distance to most sights in Budapest. Very helpful receptionist!

« first « Prev 1 2 3