The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Great studio apartment - loads of space, sofa, stereo etc. Staff were so welcoming and accommodating, even making us a lovely espresso on arrival. Brilliant value. Highly recommended.

• 6th Nov 2014

Very good,we really enjoyed of the atmosphere,the other people that were there like customers where very kind.The balcony is one of the best things,and several places.Very good.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Amazing value for money! Never before have I had such a comfortable and spacious private room for 15 euros each! Our room was on the floor below the hostel so it was like having our own apartment. Good location and friendly staff too!

verry goog hostel

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Really loved the place, good vibes and amazing staff has a good kitchen. Would go back there in a heartbeat

One of the smaller hostels I've stayed in but staff were helpful, the people were friendly and ended up having a really good night out with the three people I shared a room with. Security was great and location decent enough. I'd be happy staying here again. No faults with the service or price.

Very great experience. Stunning staff. Big room but noisy at the night. I recommend it highly.

Genuinely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. My friends and I were so comfortable and happy here that we didn't want to leave. The staff were immensely friendly and helpful and I will actually miss them. Definitely going to go back!

• 14th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

The mattress's are sagged, uncomfortable and need to be replaced. Your kitchen is to small it's not practical for use by more than one person. In a modern hostel its unacceptable to have reception, kitchen, lounge in the the same small space.

That's interesting, we think it's a great idea to have reception and kitchen in the community area, this way everyone can hang out together and make friends, even while cooking or eating. Thousands of guests have loved it before you, as they have loved our awesome beds with really comfy mattresses. We have had many wonderful older guests, but you Aidan, are maybe just too old to stay in hostels at almost 50. Consider staying in a hotel on your next trip, it might suit your needs better.

The hostel had a great atmosphere, located in a beautiful building in the center of the city. Still, I would have liked to have stayed in a hostel just a tad bit closer to the bar district, but that is a minor issue. The interior design of the hostel is quirky, with random humerous messages posted all over the place. The hostel seems to attract quite a 'liberal' crowd, which certainly doesn't include me, but everyone was up for a good time and the staff was kind and helpful.

• 3rd Oct 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff are amazing, they treat it like their own home and you're a guest there.

Good staff, good location, comfortable beds. High ceiling means spacious room. So it worths :)

The hostel was just down the street from Margit-sziget. Which is this beautiful island park and just a few blocks from the Parliament building. It is a small hostel from what I usually stay in but it felt more like staying in a home rather then a business. If you are looking for a fun experience meeting some great people, staff or other hostel goers, this is a fantastic place to do so. This was the best hostel I stayed at in my month long journey through out Europe.

• 23rd Sep 2014

nice friendly place where the staff goes out of their way to be of help. only big draw back is that there is no buffer between rooms and common area so can be noisy at night.

2 months in Europe this was the best by far in atmosphere, friendly staff, full facilities, historic building, and close to everything. Wouldnt stay anywhere else in Budapest

Great small hostel where you can really get to meet other backpackers! Good location right on the main tramline through Pest. Staff was really friendly and helpful too. All in all a great hostel - highly recommended!

Terrific, cosey hostel. There's only four rooms, so it's really easy to get to know everyone. Very good vibes- not a party hostel, but plenty of opportunities to go out and have fun with other guests. I would absolutely stay here again next time I'm in Budapest.

This was an absolutely excellent hostel, such a nice atmosphere and a fantastic location, the best I stayed in on my trip!

• 10th Sep 2014

We stayed in the Deluxe Double Ensuite Room and it was so much nicer than we expected! The room was huge and the bathroom was very modern and clean.

The Groove Hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The beds are comfy, the showers are hot and the staff are absolutely fantastic! They will answer or help you find answers to all your Budapest questions. The people who stay here are friendly and fun. I'll definitely be back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3