The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Beautiful hostel! We stayed in a twin room and it was incredibly clean, spacious and was set up as a loft which I found to be cool and unique for a hostel. The staff were wonderful and although we were only staying for one night, helped us to plan some activities for the next day and gave us advice on what we should see. The wifi worked perfectly and coffee and tea is provided.

A great place to stay in Budapest, a very good location, nice and helpful staff and a place to meet amazing people! The beds are a bit squeaky, but that's the only downside I could find. Everything else was great, you feel really welcomed at the Groove, more like at a friends place than a hostel.

• 17th Apr 2015

Wonderful -- great location, very clean, good facilities. Most impressive was how nice and outgoing all the staff were. Really enjoyed my time and felt very welcome!

I lived in the 8 mixed dorm for five days, the room is quite big which made me feel really relax. The staffs in the hostel are really nice. There was only a staff with a big beard didin't that nice. When we wanna ask how to get to the airport at 5 in the morning, and he searched on the google map and just said we can take bus, we have to keep asking him questions and he said '' i don't know'' at the end, while other staff told us we can take shuttle bus to the airport and helped us to book.

Dear Cheng-Chia, First of all thank you for your feed back, we are very sorry that you had a problem with Daniel, he had a really rough day back then, actually I was the one that told him to help you order the shuttle-bus, which he himself did at the end. Please forgive this to him, everybody has bad days, otherwise he is a really social person and one of our best team member. Thanks for your understanding and have a safe trip! Lili manager

Staff was super friendly besides not informing us about everything in the hostel upon arrival. Other than that everything was great! Also you can rent bike's from them!

Felt great to be back at the Groove, as always. Pinna, Lili, other girl, Danny, Julian - thank you :)

The hostel is very well located, close to Nyugati train station and close to interesting cafes and bars. The staff is very friendly and helpful, a girl of the staff also printed the receipt of hungarian traditional perkelt for me. I will come back for sure in this hostel when I will be back in Budapest.

The staff members at the Groove Hostel were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They helped us with directions to certain places and the breakfast vouchers that came along with the booking was a great touch. Besides that, the other guests staying in the hostel were also very respectful. The room was tidy and comfortable and the bathroom facilities were clean and well kept. I would definitely recommend this place to other friends who are planning to travel to Budapest, Hungary.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Groove was the coolest hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 12th Mar 2015

Such a cool place. I was traveling alone and felt completely safe and comfortable. I would return without a second thought.

• 20th Feb 2015

The place is just okay. The vibe is very much like you're staying at a friend of a friends college apartment/dorm that you really only kinda know. The staff was super friendly though and always available to help. The location was good too because we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Also go to Gelato Rosa, you won't be disappointed!

• 20th Feb 2015

Dear LeJoi, Thanks for your feedback, we are happy that apparently you've liked our hostel, at least according to your text. I just hope that the fact you gave us such a low percentage might be because you don't know how bad is a 63% review. However if you had any other major problem with the hostel or the staff please take the time and write an email to us about your complaints, so we can improve our service. Have a safe trip furthermore! Lili manager

This was the first hostel I stayed at and I had a great experience. It was located in the heart of Budapest and was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is that I had to pay the deposit with cash (not a credit card) which was a little inconvenient. Other than that, I had a really fun time here and a very pleasant stay.

• 19th Feb 2015

Thank you for the nice words, it was lovely to have you here! Also, I'm sorry for the inconveniences about the deposit, we don't have a POS terminal - just like 99% of the hostels in Budapest - unfortunately in Hungary it's simply too much expense to have one for a small business like ours. Anyway 2€/500HUF deposit is not such a big amount that it would cause a lot of problem to pay in cash usually, but I totally understand your comment and we try to improve. Have a safe trip!

The staff was so friendly and the hostel was adorable. Loved it!!

• 17th Feb 2015

A friendly, welcoming hostel. The team were willing and able to help with suggestions of places to go or visit. It had a very laid back feel and was more like visiting with friends, which made visiting Budapest even better. I would recommend this hostel for anyone who has a bohemian soul.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice comfortable hostel. Staff are really great too!

Really great location, clean facilities, and very very secure (three codes to get in). Staff was kind of awkward and not talkative, and few showers and bathrooms.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you've found the staff unfriendly, their only excuse is that half of them got the flu and the other half worked really hard, so they were quite under the weather last week. As you can see usually we get great comments about the staff to prove this to you, you'll get a free night in the Groove whenever you come back, just drop us an email! (About the bathrooms I think 1 bathroom/ 6 people is not such a bad ratio) Have a safe trip!

The hostel is located in one of the most bustling districts of Budapest. All of the famous clubs are only a few minutes walk away. It is a perfect choice for those who wish to enjoy the nightlife offered b the city. I have spent only one night there but I can say it was definitely worth the price thanks to the great atmosphere. I shall also give a credit to the staff for their helpfulness and friendliness. :)

Super clean and well organized. Great common areas. Pretty social, but not so loud that you can't go to sleep at a reasonable hour. The hostel is close to a tram stop and the metro, so it's easy to get everywhere.

After a long journey, we arrived at the Groove Hostel and we were thrilled. We had a really warm welcome, the stuff was really friendly at any time and the hostel itself was just amazing. Rooms were clean and quite big. Altough it was towards the main street, it was really quiet at day and night. The atmosphere was just relaxed. The stuff also gave us several advises for the day and for the night. The next time I visit Budapest, I will for sure go to Groove Hostel. Thanks for the nice stay.

• 26th Jan 2015

The hostel staff absolutely make your stay incredible. Willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable. Went above and beyond for us on numerous occasions. Kitchen is fully equipped, beds are very comfortable, and the facilities are very well taken care of. Felt like home! Highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3