The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

After a long journey, we arrived at the Groove Hostel and we were thrilled. We had a really warm welcome, the stuff was really friendly at any time and the hostel itself was just amazing. Rooms were clean and quite big. Altough it was towards the main street, it was really quiet at day and night. The atmosphere was just relaxed. The stuff also gave us several advises for the day and for the night. The next time I visit Budapest, I will for sure go to Groove Hostel. Thanks for the nice stay.

• 26th Jan 2015

The hostel staff absolutely make your stay incredible. Willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable. Went above and beyond for us on numerous occasions. Kitchen is fully equipped, beds are very comfortable, and the facilities are very well taken care of. Felt like home! Highly recommend.

The staff was very helpful and nice. The hostel was clean and comfortable.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Everything was so great about this hostel. The Westend Shopping Center is just 5 minutes walk. The location is great.I have visited many hostels so far, but this is the first that provides regular cotton towels at all times in the bathrooms,unlike others who provide paper towels. Bathrooms are big and so are showers. Rooms are huge and finally no bunkbeds in the 4-bed bedroom. The staff is great, so helpful, kind and hospitable. Another big plus, NO keys, everything is coded.Perfect for tourists

Wicked hostel! One of the best I've visited in ages. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to Metro and public transport but can walk everywhere from hostel if up for it. Didn't play the playstation but would no doubt be awesome to cure the hangover.

Great location, friendly knowledgable staff, free towels and great information about activities, nightlife etc. The only negative was the 8 bed dorm we stated in was the thoroughfare to another dorm room and smoking balcony. Would definitely stay here again!

It was the best hostel we could ever hoped for. Amazing facilities, nice attitude.. 11/10 points at least

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

Excelent money value, outstanding personal, very good atmosphere and clean hostal. Will repeat without hesitation.

Its been a wonderful stay in the double room! We`ll definitely will be back!

• 19th Dec 2014

Really nice and quiet hostel that is within walking distance to most sights in Budapest. Very helpful receptionist!

Possibly the best hostel we have stayed in so far. Fresh clean linen, free towels, big open rooms and common areas with a well equipped kitchen. Staff were really helpful with giving us advice on how to get to places and booking us a taxi and even made us coffee! Friendly and relaxed atmosphere, always felt like we were coming into a familiar environment no matter what time we returned. Played a fair few hours of GTA vice city. Would definitely stay here again.

I staied in The groove hostel and I loved it. The staffs are helpful and nice. The private room is big and great. The bathroom was clean and we had our onw kitchen just for 6 people. Is very close to a station tube, there is a supermarket in front of it, restaurants and places to exchange money!

Really nice, cosy hostel in a great location. The staff were really helpful.

Mixed feelings about this place. It was kinda grungy compared to the other hostels I stayed at in Eastern Europe and felt more like a share house, complete with funky smelling bathrooms. It was quiet when I was there and I wish the staff had been more outgoing and friendly; I often felt like I was intruding on their space. Paul and Barney were great though. The location was good and the view from my room was splendid. Beautiful old apartment building.

This was the best hostel I've stayed in. Budapest is a fantastic city made even bettter by staying here. Its in a perfect location that has some great local bars, cafes and restaurants. Santa even left us some treats one night, which was a great suprise after a night out!

In the name of our 7 member group I can highly recommend The Groove hostel. It was more than correct. Even when we were a few times reminded that we had been too noisy since the staff was totally right, some of the guests want to sleep. It is just a reminder that you shouldnt plan a brutal party in your room in the night. Thank you

I loved this hostel. The staff was so amazing and friendly. They spoke with almost perfect English and they were always willing to help. The atmosphere was very relaxed and you could come and go as you please. Someone is there 24 hours a day, so you can check out whenever you like.

• 28th Nov 2014

Great studio apartment - loads of space, sofa, stereo etc. Staff were so welcoming and accommodating, even making us a lovely espresso on arrival. Brilliant value. Highly recommended.

• 6th Nov 2014

Very good,we really enjoyed of the atmosphere,the other people that were there like customers where very kind.The balcony is one of the best things,and several places.Very good.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Amazing value for money! Never before have I had such a comfortable and spacious private room for 15 euros each! Our room was on the floor below the hostel so it was like having our own apartment. Good location and friendly staff too!

« first « Prev 1 2 3