9.0
Superb 1,324 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,324 Total Reviews
The Groove Located at The Szent István krt 16., , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest 1137 The Szent István krt 16.
90% 1324
47.5120009 19.0519277
    Rooms available

• lishuaieric8773
  • China, Male, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016
7.4

Really nice and cosy place. However, the staff should specify cash only in the confirmation email rather than told me most places only accept cash in Budapest which was a lie and left me no options but to go out in the rain to get cash or had my passport detained by them.

• Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
20th Aug 2016
6.6

We booked a private room at The Groove. The room was on a different floor then the other rooms of the hostel, and for that reason it was less then we expected. The hostel itself seemed really nice, with a good cozy atmosphere and helpful staff. However the private rooms were a bit old and we didn't get the feeling it was part of the hostel.

• USA, Male, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

Great place to stay. Staff is very laid back and chill.

6th Aug 2016
6.3

It is a very basic hostel. The location is decent, you are close to the river and Parliament and everything worth seeing is in walking distance. My biggest complaint was the staff. They were friendly but not very helpful. They had many brochures about things to do, but when I asked about the activities in their brochures, they couldn't help me. The facilities were not as clean as they could have been and I didn't see anyone clean during my time there. Overall it was an okay stay.

5th Aug 2016

Great hostel! I will definitely come back there. Awesome atmosphere! It's quite small so you *have to* meet and integrate with other people.

4th Aug 2016

Really nice little hostel let down by some of its staff being completely clueless! We had to change rooms during our stay twice due to a booking mix up but seemed to know more about this than the staff at reception even though I had been forewarned by email.

• Finland, Couple, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

Perfect location, only hard to find at first. Great hosts and easy atmosphere. Totally worth of money

• hollyvictoria1
  • England, Couple, 18-24
30th Jul 2016
6.9

Very hard to find as directions clearly aren't up to date. However the hostel is very cute and it's got the basics. One of the toilets was out of use so there was only two for 4/5 rooms but it was manageable. Beds are comfy and security is pretty good. Would recommend to anyone to go on the free walking tours in Budapest!

Dear guest, I'm sorry that you had trouble finding us, you must know that we are not allowed to put out bigger signs (we have a small one, so if you've found the building it should be alright), but we are working on finding out something for this issue, we know it can be a problem. However I've just checked the directions and they are totally up to date, so I don't really understand this part. About the toilet, yes it was an issue but it was fixed last week. Have a nice travel furthermore

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

I absolutely loved my stay at the Groove. The staff were all super nice and helpful, and the hostel had a really cool laid back but friendly vibe. I felt instantly at home and ended up extending my stay by two nights. They have tons of boardgames, a book exchange, and a blackboard for events, so if you're travelling alone it's a great place to meet people.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Jul 2016
7.4

Really nice, quirky hostel, but there were only two toilets and two showers between all the guests which could mean very long waits in the morning.

Dear traveller, Thanks for the nice words and sorry about the toilets. Normally we have 3 showers and toilets, and actually the showers are all operating so I think you might not recognized the third one. With the toilet we had an issue which was a nightmare we had called 4 different experts to fix it but somehow one of them did a great job which is ridiculous, and it also means we hadn't found the right one unfortunately,..but finally we did and now all three toilets are in operation (for 24 people if it's full house). Again, I'm apologizing for the inconveniences that it caused for you. Have a nice trip furthermore, Lili manager